Montreal Meet (December 29 to January 2(+))

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #106 (isolation #0) » Sat May 21, 2016 4:47 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

You can mark me interested. The break actually works out well for me, since I get the two weeks off for Christmas/New Years anyway. Not 100% yet, but I'm down to make it if I can.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #144 (isolation #1) » Thu May 26, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Good thing the meet is scheduled for the ass of winter, then!
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #250 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:50 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 237, BROseidon wrote:Although I
really
don't have any right to talk at this point tbh. I deserve all the shit people give me >.>
Kinky!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #256 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:05 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 254, Thestatusquo wrote:As a smoker I think it would be remarkably impolite to smoke inside.
What is your position on joking? Do you have an opinion on the concept of toking past the hour of midnight?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #282 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:41 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I'm about 70% /in at this point, if you guys'll have me.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #284 (isolation #5) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

There's a nonzero possibility.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #328 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

It would also be easier for me to justify if there was a dedicated "sight-seeing" period. So like, if I arrived before the meet (with Vi?) and then we went out and did touristy things and took pictures and what not before the meet proper starts cutting into that time. Also, I'm told that going around your own city with a sight-seeing tourist is fun!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #334 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:11 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 333, dramonic wrote:
In post 328, Sudo_Nym wrote:It would also be easier for me to justify if there was a dedicated "sight-seeing" period. So like, if I arrived before the meet (with Vi?) and then we went out and did touristy things and took pictures and what not before the meet proper starts cutting into that time. Also, I'm told that going around your own city with a sight-seeing tourist is fun!
I will gladly give you a tour, but I have the reputation of organizing death marches.
You'll be hatching those eggs tho!
I would say "Bring it", but Montreal in the middle of winter has something of a reputation...
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #340 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:08 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Question: Why is the Navy doing in Utah? There's no coast. Are you patrolling the Salt Lake?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #355 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:18 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Apparently, everybody is out of the pool.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #360 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:54 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Is there going to be a language problem if I go to the shops? I just realized that Montreal is francophonic, and I don't speak franco.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #363 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:27 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 362, dramonic wrote:
In post 361, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 360, Sudo_Nym wrote:Is there going to be a language problem if I go to the shops? I just realized that Montreal is francophonic, and I don't speak franco.
not downtown. montreal is billingual
^

Also for the most part I expect people to generally be with one of me/mina/dgb
Okay, but if you guys use your knowledge of french to insult me while I'm standing there in the knowledge that I don't know what you're saying, I'm going to probably do nothing because I'll have no idea what you're saying.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #391 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:29 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Same as above. I'm going to be looking into getting a plane ticket in the next month or two, so I'm going to want a definitive date before then.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #417 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:30 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So do we all get banned if Nikanor shows up anyway?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #433 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:39 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I apologize for being so late with my planning, but work has not yet decided on when the winter break will actually take place, so it'll be a little while longer yet.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #478 (isolation #15) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Just remember that Canada's a commonwealth country, so they drive on the other side of the road.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #483 (isolation #16) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

You need a passport to get into Canada now. Didn't used to; back in the day I think you could cross both ways with just a driver's license.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #488 (isolation #17) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:20 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 486, BipolarChemist wrote:Taking a passport usually takes months in my experience though...
It's possible to expedite the process, but it costs some big fee to do so.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #491 (isolation #18) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:10 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Just Dram, I think.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #493 (isolation #19) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:14 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Agreed. Especially since if my last international flight is any indication, I'm going to have to fill out paperwork about where I'm staying and who my contact is. Though why the gov wants that information is a blank to me. Maybe they're afraid I'll cause an international incident.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #506 (isolation #20) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:20 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Sure, hearst for dram, Urist, and Mina, but none for Sudo? I see how it is.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #514 (isolation #21) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:12 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

As a further tip to my American friends, if you need to call home, putting Skype on your phone and calling from that is usually a lot cheaper than making international phone calls.

Also, dibs on a mattress, since I can't really pack one on the plane. Actually, dibs on a real bed, if there's one.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #524 (isolation #22) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:42 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I'm going to point out that Sudo lands on the 27th, because Sudo hates being stranded at airports. Other than that, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #526 (isolation #23) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Bah. EST will remain a secondary timezone until I enter it.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #529 (isolation #24) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:08 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Well, I'm an American, so at some point I'm going to want to eat Canadian food. Other than that, I'm putting myself in your guys' hands and trusting you to show me the cool stuff.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #541 (isolation #25) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:00 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 540, dramonic wrote:We have acquired a Sudo_Nym!
Achievement Get!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #595 (isolation #26) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:56 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Technically, I left before you did, Mina. So if anybody is the bad guy here, it's clearly Dram, since I refuse to accept responsibility.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #604 (isolation #27) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:10 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I think I'm going to stick with this sig for a while, actually.

Return to “General Discussion”