Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:25 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 2099, Vecna wrote:I can act as your voice. Who would you like me to vote? My vote is currently wasting away since noone is interested anymore in lynching rb.
that's unfortunate, because keyXrb is my best guess for scum right now, and where my vote would be. Crystalline Dagger is difficult for me to read, and i've tried. i won't cry if they end up being lynched, but it's not an idea i'm a fan of.

i'll get back to you on alternatives, but i believe Diamond is town.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:30 am

Post by Vecna »

Well the vote can always remain on key/rb so we can point fingers later on and go " I told u guys, I totally did and I was right and you were wrong and nanannananana"
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by Not Chara »

so this is where i'm at currently.

scum: Painbringer, keyXrb, Leonshade [i hate this because they look so, so good as a team, so it can't be real], culted
town: Vecna, Rational, Diamond, KainTepes, Drone, Kyouko, davesaz, Klingon
eh: Crystalline Dagger, mal, BTD, Aristophanes, McMenno, DarkInnocence, random

i'd be happy to discuss any of these. and we can discuss null reads so i can actually get a read there. someone help me read Dagger, Gamma's posting is the type to just make me dislike it by its mere presence.
Diamond is this player i disagree with completely on
every
mechanical level, but i think is town. it's sort of amazing.
Painbringer is one where i'm scumreading both heads, yet Firebringer in particular is not a player i'd consider myself good at reading.

i'm more confident in my townreads than scumreads, but that's par for the course. process of elimination is fun. unhappy with the amount of nulls, since there has to be scum in them.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:13 pm

Post by Vecna »

can you explain the townead on davesaz and kyouko?
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:19 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 2095, Vecna wrote:All this talk about peoples pledging resulting in cool effects has me quite jealous. This silly pandora box stuff has pretty much made my already meager powers near obsolete.
More reason for you to pledge to me!
In post 2096, Not Chara wrote:
In post 2094, Reasonably Rational wrote:Oh, hey, I just had a thought.

If there's anybody who can IC or otherwise confirm themselves as town to people they pledge to/whoever pledges to them, pledge to me and I'll pledge back and we can be secret friends!

Or not. Maybe that's a bad idea. I mean, I know it'll be good for me cuz I'll have someone I'll know is town to trust without exposing them to the rest of the people in the game who could be scum. Might be a bad idea overall? *shrug*

Think about it, if any roles exist that function this way. :D

-Cerb
this plan would likely be ruined by the fact that you've asked only players with weak roles to pledge to you. so if someone had an IC confirmation ability... well, you know your role, not me, but by what you've said earlier i don't think asking others to pledge with you in this manner would work?

also, i realized that pledges are only confirmed to go through at the end of the day, so one can't learn if they were pledged to until the day is out.
I was specifically asking those with a private confirmation, if someone can Masonize or friendly neighbor. Such a role IS weak imo, because all it essentially does is conftown them IF I flip as town(which requires that I not be converted at any point, which is something I expect to be very likely in this game), and only then if I die before them. Its a very niche power.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:22 pm

In post 2098, Not Chara wrote:
In post 2077, Reasonably Rational wrote:Oh right, I forgot about the whole randoms potentially scum when CD flips as scum thing.

NC, only pledge to me if your role is weak! Also....pledges can be done privately, right? Why are people doing it publicly?

-Cerb
when
CD flips as scum? you scumreading them?

Shh, that was something I wanted people who aren't talking to pick up on! :p

And yes? Ish? There's the whole thing I had an exchange with painbringer about earlier, but no reason for it other than that for me.

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Painbringer
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by Painbringer »

In post 2102, Not Chara wrote:so this is where i'm at currently.

scum: Painbringer, keyXrb, Leonshade [i hate this because they look so, so good as a team, so it can't be real], culted

i'd be happy to discuss any of these. and we can discuss null reads so i can actually get a read there. someone help me read Dagger, Gamma's posting is the type to just make me dislike it by its mere presence.
every
Painbringer is one where i'm scumreading both heads, yet Firebringer in particular is not a player i'd consider myself good at reading.

i'm more confident in my townreads than scumreads, but that's par for the course. process of elimination is fun. unhappy with the amount of nulls, since there has to be scum in them.

You are right on culted and Leon.

Cd, ds, culted, random, Leon. Rr, TP/town. Rest town.
Hydra of Titus and Firebringer
Tone reading plus moon logic = Insanity
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Cerb, in response to you post about pledging: pledge to me. unfortunately, i can't pledge to you first.

Vecna: kyouko townread is based on his early-game spec posts. like thinking Leon had stolen Alpaca's vote. his posting in general has simply been looking town to me. i can point to as one i liked. you scumreading him?
davesaz is one of my weakest townreads. and looking at him again, i dislike how he calls Dagger out for bad logic, then votes them and says the reason is "pretty much all gut". so maybe null there, not a confident townread.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:46 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Cerb: on second thought. maybe it doesn't matter if you pledge to me at all. so do what you like. if you end up townreading me, then by all means.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:48 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 2106, Painbringer wrote:You are right on culted and Leon.

well i don't like the Dagger wagon, and i think Diamond is town. wagon Leon instead?
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:24 pm

Post by Vecna »

VOTE: leon

ok
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:30 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 2068, Painbringer wrote:
In post 1447, Frozen Angel wrote:
culted and Vecna Swapped their hats!

They are now officially a couple! <3
You cannot, nor will you ever seppuku and kill culted. This happened before you tried to steal culted's hat.

I told you this before. At best, you're not critically analyzing the words of your supposed scumread.

Try again. What is your goal with this nonsense. This is twice you tried this.
That's not my goal. I'm not trying to get them killed with it. I am well away
In post 2074, Not Chara wrote:Diamond: you were of the opinion Drone was digging his own grave when speaking with me. i had the same opinion until i realized that his closing remarks were more likely stubborn, annoyed town, than dumb scum. what do you think?
Well, my comment has little to do with alignment, but I do agree. I said that they really seemed scummy, but the wagon and their response feels like town. and not the good way.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:31 pm

In post 2102, Not Chara wrote:so this is where i'm at currently.

every

You know, this is literally every game with me.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by Not Chara »

you're referring to the last line?

would you consider voting Leon instead of Drone. or really any player you actually think is scum.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:14 pm

In post 2113, Not Chara wrote:you're referring to the last line?

would you consider voting Leon instead of Drone. or really any player you actually think is scum.
No. Disagreeing with everything I say.

Always, maybe. Let me check something RN
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:16 pm

Yeah, I suppose. He's a completely solid null read. Which I'm in favor of wagoning. Not now, but maybe later. For now,

UNVOTE:
“Why was I chosen?'
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:47 pm

In post 2115, DiamondSentinel wrote:Yeah, I suppose. He's a completely solid null read. Which I'm in favor of wagoning. Not now, but maybe later. For now,

UNVOTE:
Not now, maybe later, unvote, with 48 hours left in the day? When is this later going to happen?

-Cerb
Show

DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:13 pm

In post 2116, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 2115, DiamondSentinel wrote:Yeah, I suppose. He's a completely solid null read. Which I'm in favor of wagoning. Not now, but maybe later. For now,

UNVOTE:
Not now, maybe later, unvote, with 48 hours left in the day? When is this later going to happen?

-Cerb
Only 48? Heh. I suppose a null is better than a gut town.

VOTE: Leon
“Why was I chosen?'
Crystalline Dagger
Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:30 pm

Post by Crystalline Dagger »

In post 2098, Not Chara wrote:
In post 2077, Reasonably Rational wrote:Oh right, I forgot about the whole randoms potentially scum when CD flips as scum thing.

NC, only pledge to me if your role is weak! Also....pledges can be done privately, right? Why are people doing it publicly?

-Cerb
when
CD flips as scum? you scumreading them?
Is there a reason for the Leon votes? I see that Chara said "maybe wagon Leon" and then her voice, vecna, voted Leon and so did Diamond. Whats the reasoning behind the vote though? I rather not vote Leon unless there is a convincing reason/read.

~Jin~
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by McMenno »

In post 2109, Not Chara wrote:
In post 2106, Painbringer wrote:You are right on culted and Leon.

well i don't like the Dagger wagon, and i think Diamond is town. wagon Leon instead?
In post 2110, Vecna wrote:VOTE: leon

ok
lmao what
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:01 pm

Post by rb »

In post 2065, Randomnamechange wrote:
In post 1986, keyXrb wrote:can someone read diamondsentinel's ISO and give a good reason why you wouldn't wanna lynch this slot when all he does is complain about people's 'shitposting' in lieu of actual content and has done like zero actual scumhunting and even when he apparently has a strong scumread on someone he distances himself from the read and never actually tries to push on it.

the guy is just so fucking scum it's mind-boggling that he's been alive for 80 pages
DS is town here. he tends to try harder as scum in my experience
RR want to be lovers?
pledge to culted
He's trying very hard so....?
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 2104, Reasonably Rational wrote:
I was specifically asking those with a private confirmation, if someone can Masonize or friendly neighbor. Such a role IS weak imo, because all it essentially does is conftown them IF I flip as town(which requires that I not be converted at any point, which is something I expect to be very likely in this game), and only then if I die before them. Its a very niche power.

-Cerb
"
IF I flip as town(which requires that I not be converted at any point, which is something I expect to be very likely in this game)
"

This needs explained.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:04 pm

In post 2121, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 2104, Reasonably Rational wrote:

-Cerb
"
IF I flip as town(which requires that I not be converted at any point, which is something I expect to be very likely in this game)
"

This needs explained.
It seems pretty self explanatory.

I'm discussing a one way mason effect, where someone else would be conftown to just me.

That means that one of two things happen.

1) They townread me and lie and claim we're full masons
2) More likely, they don't lie and I just claim that they're confirmed town to me at some point.

In the event of 2, that power doesn't actually do ANYTHING mechanically until I become confirmed town, which will usually occur when I flip...however, this is a bastard game, so it's possible that my flip WON'T confirm them as town like it would in a normal game.

The point was that the role isn't very strong in normal circumstances, and in a bastard game it's even weaker.

-Cerb
Show

DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:16 pm

So what are you claiming, RR? I'm sorry. I guess I missed it.
“Why was I chosen?'
Crystalline Dagger
Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:18 pm

Post by Crystalline Dagger »

Is it just me or did RR say he was going to lie about being conftown with someone and then say "that might not work because i might be third party scum when i flip".

Did i just not understand what he wrote or does this make no sense to anyone?

~Jin~

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”