Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:48 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

Lelouch Lamperouge : Change will never come about if you don't make it happen.

Vote Count 1.38Crystalline Dagger (6): McMenno, davesaz, Leonshade, Drone, DarkInnocence
DiamondSentinel (5): keyXrb, Klingoncelt, culted, PainBringer, ssbm_Kyouko
Drone(3): KainTepes, randomidget, Crystalline Dagger
Leonshade (2): Vecna, DiamondSentinel
Reasonably Rational (1): malpascp
davesaz (1): Aristophanes

Not Voting (2): BTD6_maker, Reasonably Rational

With 19 players alive it takes 10 votes to lynch.
Day 1 / Cupid Day ends in (expired on 2017-01-06 16:25:36)

Note: Firebringer is VLA till Jan 9th.
malpascp is VLA till Jan 6th.
MariaR is VLA from Jan 4th till Jan 9th.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Drone
Drone
Mafia Scum
Drone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:25 am

Post by Drone »

I don't believe that the vengeful part is what makes one avoid partnering.
Also it just so happens that I TR Not Chara, that's the only reason I swapped with them.
If I was to decide if to swap with someone whom I don't trust, I would have chosen to swap too.

RR barely caught up, I believe their reads are nonexistent, or shaky at least.
For science. For the mind!
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:15 am

Post by Vecna »

VOTE: Davesaz

The wagon this game deserves
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:58 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Welp. I'm now on a vanity wagon. Let's change that.

VOTE: CD I suppose.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:26 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2124, Crystalline Dagger wrote:Is it just me or did RR say he was going to lie about being conftown with someone and then say "that might not work because i might be third party scum when i flip".

Did i just not understand what he wrote or does this make no sense to anyone?

~Jin~
He's saying that whatever role he is is normally meh, but really meh here. He's acknowledging that there may be alignment changes, but that a Masonizer or friendly neighbour should be immune to alignment changes. So if he is linked with, he will confirm you as town verbally even if not by flip, and we should all assume he is telling the truth.

However he could just be a traitor asking to be targetted by scum in an indirect way, as he seems pretty certain he's gonna be the one who changes alignments if anyone.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:33 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 2179, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 2124, Crystalline Dagger wrote:Is it just me or did RR say he was going to lie about being conftown with someone and then say "that might not work because i might be third party scum when i flip".

~Jin~
He's saying that whatever role he is is normally meh, but really meh here. He's acknowledging that there may be alignment changes, but that a Masonizer or friendly neighbour should be immune to alignment changes. So if he is linked with, he will confirm you as town verbally even if not by flip, and we should all assume he is telling the truth.

However he could just be a traitor asking to be targetted by scum in an indirect way, as he seems pretty certain he's gonna be the one who changes alignments if anyone.
I doubt it was a traitor crumb given the post was suggesting a conversion to 3rd party.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:35 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2180, davesaz wrote:I doubt it was a traitor crumb given the post was suggesting a conversion to 3rd party.
Same, and his followup was good. I just had to mention what I thought at the time.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:45 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 2179, Aristophanes wrote:

~Jin~

This is mostly correct, but you're missing the context.

This came up because I asked anyone who has an ability to confirm themselves as town privately, through the loyalty mechanic, to pledge to me. So I wasn't talking about MY ROLE, but rather about the sort of role that I would like to pledge to me, so that way I know the person pledging to me is town.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:52 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

Also, my thought's about the whole matter are somewhat messed with because I completely missed the part where loyalty pledges are only announced at the start of the night phase. That's a reason to do it publicly, first of all(though that's only significant if there's a mechanical benefit of some sort known to you, which is unlikely at this stage, so private pledging is probably still best for the moment), and it messes with my idea of conditional pledging once someone has pledged to me.

Painbringer: What do you believe the result would be if you were to cross pledge with someone, and they didn't actually hold up their end of the bargain? Or vice versa?

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:53 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2182, Reasonably Rational wrote:This came up because I asked anyone who has an ability to confirm themselves as town privately, through the loyalty mechanic, to pledge to me. So I wasn't talking about MY ROLE, but rather about the sort of role that I would like to pledge to me, so that way I know the person pledging to me is town.
Ooooh!

Okay then. This is why partial reading is bad and I should know better :P

Sounds good!
- Jingle
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:06 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

Sorry for the un warned lock. I just had to check something. Please ignore this and continue.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Crystalline Dagger
Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:03 am

Post by Crystalline Dagger »

In post 2162, Not Chara wrote:oh, and Cerb: regarding what you've been talking about, pledge to me today. i can pinky swear you won't regret it.

pedit: alright. about Gamma's threat... do you find threats scummy? have you played with Gamma before? he's exactly the type to threaten/warn as town, and possibly scum too. and 48 hours is enough to move the wagon, i don't see why a player would fullclaim when they might not even be lynched. it doesn't make them more likely to be scum at all.
That was Jin.
~GE
Crystalline Dagger
Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:08 am

In post 2178, DiamondSentinel wrote:Welp. I'm now on a vanity wagon. Let's change that.

You do know Leon is voting us right?
~GE
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:09 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 2069, Reasonably Rational wrote:Random, we can't exchange hats because you have the wrong color..:(
Why you pledge to culted and not me??????? :(

-Cerb
because i trust you. you should trust me as well :)
In post 2090, Not Chara wrote:that reminds me i had this to post. it's just a collection.
In post 1072, Frozen Angel wrote:Pink Hats! : davesaz, Reasonably Rational, Aristophanes, Not Chara, DiamondSentinel, keyXrb, DarkInnocence, Painbringer, Klingoncelt, KainTepes, Vecna, randomidget

Blue Hats! : BTD6_maker, malpascp, Crystalline Dagger, McMenno, Leonshade, ssbm_Kyouko, Drone, culted
pairings:

Leonshade/Aristophanes
Kyouko/keyXrb
CD/Painbringer
KainTepes/McMenno
culted/Vecna

available
:
blue hats: BTD, mal, Drone
pink hats: davesaz, Rational, DIamond, DarkInnocence, Klingoncelt, random
dont rly want to pair with any of them tbh
In post 2128, Crystalline Dagger wrote:
In post 1822, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 1821, Randomnamechange wrote:
In post 1797, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 1791, Randomnamechange wrote:
In post 1788, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 1786, KainTepes wrote:SCUM IS TWO OF BELOW::

DIAMOND SENTINEL,, BTDMAPPER,, DRONE,, RANDOM MIDGET

Kain tepes is ALWAYS right,,!!!
Well, then BTD and Drone would be scum, because I know for a fact I'm not scum, and I very seriously doubt that randomidget is scum. There's a general trend of unease that follows his posts, but I mostly think that he's a VI. I've yet to see any specific post that screams "scum"

PEdit: Did you read my last post? No. It's not. I'm 2/3 of the way through. I stopped at Page 50 last night before Shadowrun, and I just woke up like an hour ago.
in what way am i a VI? I've committed to very few stances at this point.
You were universally scumread in the first 50 or so pages.

Also, Kain, I interact with everyone as if they were town because there's no use just holding hostility towards people. Nothing comes out of it.

If this is how the game is going to continue, I might as well just replace out because nobody is even trying at this point.
that's lynchbait, not VI.
Hmm. I've typically heard the terms used synonymously.

Actually, no, that's not entirely true. I've been called lynchbait, not VI. So I suppose that's correct. Lynchbait is a better term.

Errata to quoted statement: Random definitely seems like lynchbait to me.
Lynchbait is not the same: IMO lynchbait can be scum. VI cannot. VI is also, by definition, a bit of an idiot. Lynchbait may have good reads but be lynched for whatever reason.
~GE
I'm not really lynchbait most of the time tbh. I'm scumreadbait a lot but I rarely get mislynched and really rarely get mislynched after day 1/2.

Painbringer is being firebringer tbh I don't really know how to deal with that slot.
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:46 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 2187, Crystalline Dagger wrote:
In post 2178, DiamondSentinel wrote:Welp. I'm now on a vanity wagon. Let's change that.

You do know Leon is voting us right?
~GE
Leon is a null read. Additionally, I was on a vanity wagon. The fact that you are campaigning for me to lynch someone you aren't even voting makes me want to force-feed you rope.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Crystalline Dagger
Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:06 am

In post 2171, Leonshade wrote:
In post 2162, Not Chara wrote: pedit: alright. about Gamma's threat... do you find threats scummy? have you played with Gamma before? he's exactly the type to threaten/warn as town, and possibly scum too. and 48 hours is enough to move the wagon, i don't see why a player would fullclaim when they might not even be lynched. it doesn't make them more likely to be scum at all.
The Jin thread was the one with the veiled threat. CD doesn't need to fullclaim to claim why lynching them would hurt town.
The threat wasnt me threatening to force PB to die or anything, that would be Super bad if i did. It was more a warning that this is a bastard game and anything is possible, no one is a Saint. It might not even hurt town, i was more warning that we should be given time to claim when we are at L-1 and be hammered with caution.
Crystalline Dagger
Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:07 am

^~Jin~^
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:31 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 2190, Crystalline Dagger wrote:
In post 2171, Leonshade wrote:
In post 2162, Not Chara wrote: pedit: alright. about Gamma's threat... do you find threats scummy? have you played with Gamma before? he's exactly the type to threaten/warn as town, and possibly scum too. and 48 hours is enough to move the wagon, i don't see why a player would fullclaim when they might not even be lynched. it doesn't make them more likely to be scum at all.
The Jin thread was the one with the veiled threat. CD doesn't need to fullclaim to claim why lynching them would hurt town.
The threat wasnt me threatening to force PB to die or anything, that would be Super bad if i did. It was more a warning that this is a bastard game and anything is possible, no one is a Saint. It might not even hurt town, i was more warning that we should be given time to claim when we are at L-1 and be hammered with caution.
This smells of an explanation created after the fact, it does not jibe with the actual post it's supposed to be explaining. All of your points apply to the game in general, and don't explain how the end of the day is more interesting if you, in specific, are lynched.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:45 am

Post by Leonshade »

@Everyone:
Check the deadline, less than 24 hours left.

Crystalline Dagger:
With less than 24 hours remaining, there's not going to be much chance to wait for you to claim. And for your claim to stop your lynch, there has to be enough time left on the clock to push another wagon through, instead. I'm fine with a DiamondSentinel lynch, but panic wagons tend to create compromise lynches, which satisfy nobody and usually hit town. Don't wait until the last second to claim.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Crystalline Dagger
Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:55 am

I was considering claiming now tbh.
We are Kaguya Sumeragi, from the nation of Japan. We are aligned with Freedom.
We are a noble, of course. We have the passive ability Royal Execution, where upon our first death, the killer or hammer (it actives on nk or lynch) dies in place of us and does not flip.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:56 am

Post by rb »

Well rest in pepperonis to this wagon since no one is gonna hammer that shit
Crystalline Dagger
Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:56 am

BTW we don't die when our ability triggers.
keyXrb
keyXrb
Goon
keyXrb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:58 am

Post by keyXrb »

So its like one shot PGO for kills only and you dont die on first attempt
keyXrb
keyXrb
Goon