Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #12200 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In Beach City, the chaos seemed to be settling down. What was once a boiling catastrophe had cooled off into a tense simmer. Steven, unable to sleep, merely looked out to the waves lapping on the beach. With a deep sigh, the boy cast his eyes to the moon, openly wondering, "I hope they're alright..."

On the moon, the tension was more than palpable. The Crystal Gems rushed up a flight of spiraling stairs as the large murals of Homeworld's matriarch's, the Diamonds, seemed to glare down at them from those cold walls. Upon reaching the control room, Sapphire and Pearl skidded to a halt, gasping at the scene that was unfolding before them. Pearl shook her head in disbelief, crying out, "No--no way!"
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #12201 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

It is now the Climax Phase of Episode 9.
The deadline to submit Climax Actions and Ally choices is:
(expired on 2017-01-09 00:00:00)
I will be resolving Climax Actions in:
(expired on 2017-01-10 00:00:00)

TheFuzzylogic99 has been lynched.
However, due to an effect in this game, their role information will be kept private.
Because of this, their lynch will have no effect on the Stress.
The Current Stress is -1:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #12202 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:09 am

Post by Varsoon »

TheFuzzylogic99's role has been revealed at this time.
]TheFuzzylogic99 was Watermelon Steven, aligned with
Earth
Due to this, Stress has increased by 1, towards 'Tragic Destiny'.
While this change has happened during the Climax Phase, all action submission and resolution will adhere to the stress from the start of the Climax phase.
Watermelon Steven's full role functions as follows:

Spoiler:
Watermelon Steven, A Collective of Plant Soldiers
I was on Mask Island. I was in a Watermelon Steven. They have a lovely community!
You are aligned with the Town Faction. You are not a Human or a Gem.
Thank you. All of you. You are truly brave.

One Shot. Climax-Phase Only. If you are in an alliance, you gain access to a killing action.
During the Season Finale or if stress is at +3 or higher, this killing action will always succeed.
During the Season Finale, you are refunded one shot of this ability.

EVENT:
Steven, is that you in there?

EPISODE EVENT: Exposition Only--Activate during the Climax Phase.
PRIORITY: 1
REQUIREMENTS: +3 or higher Stress.
Tied to the Flavor of the episode "Super Watermelon Island."

The following information will be publicly posted in the game thread:
All private threads except for alliances are locked for the duration of this Event.
Once this Event ends, the Exposition phase continues as normal.
For 48 hours, players may privately submit a target that they want to be lynched.
Once that time is up, whatever player has the most votes will be put up for lynch.

The following information is private and only known to you:
If there is a tie, you may decide which player is lynched.
You may decide not to lynch this player, however.
If you decide against lynching the player, Stress goes down by 6 points.
If you decide to lynch the player, they are lynched and Stress goes down by 3 points.

Good job, melon head.

You are aligned with
Earth
In order to win the game, all threats to Earth must be removed from the game.
In order to win the game, at least one Earth-aligned player must be alive.

The Current Stress is neutral (zero):
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #12203 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 pm

Post by Varsoon »

The floor of the circular chamber was littered with the splattered corpses of dozens of watermelon creatures, some still feebly dragging themselves across the mirrored tiles, their liquid entrails smearing out behind them in gory display. At the center of this carnage was a lone figure--a Ruby, hands dripping and covered in watermelon seeds. She turned to face the Crystal Gems, though Pearl was quick to close their distance with her spear! In a flash of light, a grotesque forced-fusion hybrid leapt up to block the attack and grab Pearl's spear away as if it were a mere toothpick. The beast flung Pearl across the room and unleashed an ear-splitting shriek. Trembling with fear, Sapphire fell to her knees; the abomination only further reminded her of her own missing Ruby and how she longed to be Garnet.

With a step forward, the Homeworld Ruby lifted Sapphire by the scruff of her collar. Her voice was sinister and direct, "You're a Sapphire. You're going to help me find Jasper, then we're abandoning this doomed planet." Before Sapphire could protest, the forced-fusion beast crushed Sapphire in its overgrown hand, forcing her to return to the stasis of her Gem. The Ruby glanced back to Pearl as she made her way to the stairs, chuckling darkly to the fusion-beast, "Do with her as you please. Even if you can't finish her off, there's no way she's getting back to her beloved Earth after I'm done here."

While all hope may have been lost on the moon, the fate of Earth hadn't been decided yet. Silent hands readied themselves for the coming storm. While the harrowing forced-fusion monsters had shattered and weakened many of Earth's strongest alliances, a small group of humans and gems alike were rallying themselves for one last battle, sharpening their weapons and waiting for the moment to strike. As it was thousands of years ago--Earth would not go down without a fight.

The Scum Factional Event, "KEEPING IT TOGETHER" was triggered and resolved during Climax 9 with the following effects:
:right: All alliances fail to form.
:right: Any players who would have retained an Alliance from Episode 9 now instead take one less vote to lynch for Episode 10.
:right: Adds +3 Stress, towards Tragic Destiny.

MagnaofIllusion has been killed. However, due to an effect, their role's information has not been revealed yet.
Furthermore, due to this, the stress will not change at this time due to their death.
Grapes has been removed from the game as a part of an effect. This will not cause the stress to change.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #12204 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:28 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"Rose said... I'm perfect... the way I am!"
Amethyst
"Then she had low standards."
Jasper,
Crack the Whip

VOTECOUNT 10.0

Not Voting (5):
Almost50, Reasonably Rational, mastin2, randomidget, Shiro

With 5 Alive, it takes 3 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2017-01-24 00:00:00)

The Current Stress is +3:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12205 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:50 pm

Post by Almost50 »

So, Shiro cannot be lonely scum, and grapes can't be lonely scum either. I'm contemplating on Lynching RR just to prove Mastina wrong, but my fear is Shiro+grapes and random either NK'd or failing to keep grapes bubbled resulting is an instant scum win.

It's probably your call, random. Whom do we lynch today? I'm willing to listen to SHORT arguments from both Mastina & RR, but I'm much more likely to follow random as he has grapes fate in his hands now, and I would very much encourage him to "finish off the scumster".

I'm in no hurry though, so let's think things over before we cast votes, shall we?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12206 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by mastin2 »

I'm not happy with these turns of events, but on policy, grapes should be left bubbled even though it should be pretty damn obvious he is town and Magna you're a fucking idiot for bubbling grapes because I was going to lynch him today to get that info and YOU bubbling him means now we'll never get it.

The scum's event here, however, had a pretty damn clear purpose. If grapes wasn't bubbled by Magna, my alliance with him would have been sabotaged by this event. This would one, mean he would be vulnerable to being lynched, and two, it'd be far easier to in fact lynch him. So grapes is town, albeit bubbled town.
Shiro can't be solo-scum, and can only be scum with grapes, who...would have been at a massive disadvantage thanks to this scum event. (Like, think about what the purpose of the event was. It quite literally was being done as to allow grapes to be lynched. There's ZERO other reasons to trigger the event. You can argue that scum triggered it to make grapes lynchable as to deter us from trying to lynch him, sure, yeah, but that's a load of bullshit and you fucking know it is.) If there were other alliance powers in play, sure. This would be to stop them. But Fuzzy was lynched. Almost50 had used his. The only non-gem player privy to the alliance powers of the gems is RR (thus this would incriminate them if not clearing grapes), so the only alternative explanation to the event being an attempt to fuck grapes over is an attempt to sabotage the gems.

VOTE: Reasonably Rational.
If there's two scum alive not including RR, so be it. We lose, I'll eat the loss because that'd be the Almost50-Shiro scumteam I rejected. I'll take blame for it, too.
If there's only one, then this is either L-1 or L-2. Presumably L-2. Either way, doesn't matter.

I'm confirmed town.
Almost50:
Please share with the town every message I have sent you, especially the one from last night.
randomidget is also confirmed town. (Well close enough.)

Between Shiro, RR, and Almost50, we have our scum.
And there, the obvious choice remains as it always has been: Reasonably Rational.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12207 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:33 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Okay. To explain that more clearly:
-The scum event could not be sabotaging Shiro since Shiro has nothing worth sabotaging.
-The scum event could not be sabotaging Almost50 because Almost50 has nothing worth sabotaging anymore.
-The scum event was used in an attempt to sabotage
something
-As a result, the scum event could only be used as an attempt to either sabotage the gems, or grapes.
-In the case of the former, the non-gem player most privy to the alliance powers of the gems is Reasonably Rational. In the case of the latter, it is strong evidence for grapes being town.
-In the case of the latter, with grapes as town, we can assume Shiro is town because Shiro as scum requires a second scum and with it not being grapes, the options are Almost50 and Reasonably Rational anyway.
-Ergo, in the case of the latter, we don't lynch Shiro. We lynch one of Almost50/RR.
-In the case of the former, we lynch RR.

-Ergo, no matter what, Reasonably Rational is not a bad lynch.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12208 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by mastin2 »

(Alternatively, the scum event wasn't used to sabotage anything, but rather, used to prove scum had the ability but chose not to use it earlier. "Hey. Scum had this powerful ability to sabotage alliances, and at key points in the game, they didn't use it. That's evidence we're town, because we would have used it!" Yes, there is a heavy implication with me saying this.)
My academy.
Agnigi
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12209 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

OK..

VOTE: RR

P.S. If you guys are scum, I salute you. You did play a GREAT game.

Also

@Mastina:

With or without the drawings? I mean.. I want you to tell me exactly what to post so as NOT to get banned for it. Praphrasing the text only?

If so: The first drawing (drawing #2) had no text to directly explain it, but I think it meant Mastina is ascetic (?) and cannot kill. (The text said it proved Mastina can send messages during Climax and that these messages are mod-confirmed to be true as long as they contain neither "speculation" nor alignment info.

Message #2 (drawing#3): is a list of whom Mastina allied with during the game up until Episode 7.

Message #3 (drawing #4): Mastina was telling me it takes 2 more votes to lynch her ally and that her allies on Season Finale cannot be lynched. (Disabled in LyLo, but no mention of MyLo here)

Hmm.. looks like some messages got deleted, so I'd appreciate a reminder of the missing one, but here's last night's message:

Yume (Steven Universe) DID get confirmation o Mastina's alignment in their PT (which does not count as an alliance).

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12210 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Though, actually, I do have an idea.
In post 12163, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Background – in out PT grapes claimed to have an Event and an ability that could work in conjunction.
The Event requires Stress +4 and grapes could target a player and both he and the player are removed from the game.
If the player is Not a Threat to Earth both will return at the end of the current Episode. If the player is scum Stress goes immediately to -4.
randomidget:
talk this idea over with Magna.

If you released Magna (DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS WE ARE 100% ABSOLUTELY SURE MY PLAN WILL WORK!), stress goes to +4, right?
If you then unbubbled grapes, wouldn't grapes be able to trigger the event?

Have grapes remove himself and Shiro from the game. If they are the scumteam, then he'd refuse. We lynch grapes, then after he flips scum, we lynch Shiro. If they are not the scumteam, he removes himself and Shiro from the game. For the purposes of a town win, that should count, correct? You can see where I'm going with this.

If grapes's event ability works the way he claims it does, then removing himself and Shiro from the game should be possible.
They both get removed and are the scumteam, we should win.
grapes makes ANY excuse whatsoever to not do this, we lynch grapes and then with a grapes scumflip we lynch Shiro.
grapes does this and stress doesn't go down? grapes and Shiro return to the game and are both confirmed town.

This plan, as far as I can tell, has no flaws in it, assuming that grapes's abilities does in fact work the way that grapes claimed it did.

Am I wrong?
Because I'm pretty sure this works.

-grapes and Shiro get removed.
-We lynch one of Almost50/RR.
-I get nightkilled, but grapes and Shiro return to the game.
-Scum's wincon doesn't get triggered, because grapes and Shiro should return simultaneously to the time of my death, meaning there's no time period in which there are no longer members of the Earth alive.
-We lynch the other of Almost50/RR.

-grapes refuses to get removed.
-We lynch grapes.
-I die, but grapes flips scum.
-In lylo, you have to make a decision between Almost50/RR/Shiro, but it's probably Shiro.

But I need you to consult with grapes about his ability, consult with your own abilities, and crunch the math to make absolutely SURE this would work. It doesn't change my vote either way (if it doesn't work I'm still lynching RR; if it does work I'm lynching RR before Almost50), so I'm not going to unvote.

But I want you to go over the possibility, because I'm pretty sure this plan works.
A gem flipping counts as a non-scum, and raises stress when they die.
MoI being flipped would raise stress to +4.
grapes, when released, would be able to trigger his event.
You can release grapes during the day.
grapes would be able to target Shiro.
grapes would be removed from the game with Shiro as well.
grapes and Shiro, when removed from the game, count as dead, and thus if they were the scumteam could not win. (Essentially, it's identical to them being both bubbled at the same time.)
grapes and Shiro would return to the game and become alive before scum could endgame the town/gems.

Is there anything in the above which isn't accurate?
Because I'm pretty sure it's all accurate.
So I'm pretty sure my idea would work.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12211 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Oh and we either just lynched or RR's at L-1.
For now:
UNVOTE: RR.
To humor grapes on the possibility of a Shiro-Almost50 scumteam.
My academy.
Agnigi
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12212 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

Hope that wasn't it because if so you may have just thrown the game away.

You have everything you need to realize we're town Mastin.

MoI seemed to have a plan in mind at end of yesterday, and I'm hoping Random will show up and communicate it. Initial reaction to seeing the opening of the day is that A50's quick vote is dissonant with his previous play and statements and feels showy. Going to try and get Cerb's attention, but I think he may be doing DnD tonight.

~Drixx
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12213 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 12209, Almost50 wrote:The first drawing (drawing #2) had no text to directly explain it, but I think it meant Mastina is ascetic (?) and cannot kill. (The text said it proved Mastina can send messages during Climax and that these messages are mod-confirmed to be true as long as they contain neither "speculation" nor alignment info.
No, it's not saying I'm ascetic and cannot kill. The text you received was the message I meant to convey. The information you received should have been mod-confirmed to be true, and the information you received should have told you that I have the power to send messages that will be mod-confirmed as true. I needed to do this first as to allow you to understand the nature of my ability, and know that this isn't a messenger role, so much as it is a limited hybrid of a fruit vend and a friendly neighbor with a side of messenger, in that I can't convey alignment but I can convey anything short thereof that I 100% KNOW is true, allowing me to confirm facts rather than just stating them to be so.
Message #2 (drawing#3): is a list of whom Mastina allied with during the game up until Episode 7.
This is what I shoulda sent last night, if it wasn't obvious enough. I got the ideal order of my power wrong. People were confused as to the nature of my alliances, so I thought I could clear it up.
Message #3 (drawing #4): Mastina was telling me it takes 2 more votes to lynch her ally and that her allies on Season Finale cannot be lynched. (Disabled in LyLo, but no mention of MyLo here)
Well mylo counts as lylo as per V's clarification, but I didn't have that clarification at the time.
Hmm.. looks like some messages got deleted, so I'd appreciate a reminder of the missing one, but here's last night's message: Yume (Steven Universe) DID get confirmation o Mastina's alignment in their PT (which does not count as an alliance).
This is the important part, and what I was saying I should've sent earlier. With Almost50 vouching this, we can put to rest any and all doubt whatsoever as to the idea that Yume was lying about knowing my alignment.

So Yume knew my alignment. Meaning, either Yume lied about what said alignment was...or Yume told the truth about me being town.

The message that you're missing is my miller message: I informed you that I have a permanent passive causing me to always show up as a threat to any investigation. That was Night 8.

The text is the important part, but if you want, you can describe the images once you get the go-ahead from Varsoon. (I wouldn't actually know, because I don't receive the messages I send. I just send them. So you're the one who needs to ask if you can describe the drawings.)
My academy.
Agnigi
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12214 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:18 pm

Ummm ... I don't think you need to defend yourself Mastin. The whole idea that Yume lied about you being mod confirmed town to her has no basis on anything, as far as I can tell.

~Drixx
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12215 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 12212, Reasonably Rational wrote:Hope that wasn't it because if so you may have just thrown the game away.
I'm assuming today isn't lylo because if it were lylo, then taking one less vote to lynch wouldn't work.

So game shouldn't be over no matter what.
If it's lylo, you should've been at L-1.
If it's not lylo, then either you were lynched and tomorrow's lylo...
...Or you weren't lynched and were at L-1.

Because if today were lylo and that ability still functioned, frankly, my vote wouldn't have mattered. Shiro + Almost50 could lynch you without my help. Or, if you didn't have an alliance which would work, then they'd need my vote and I unvoted so there's no risk of a quickhammer.

In short no matter what you're still alive right now.

But while I'll humor the idea of a scumteam not including you, right now my first focus is in confirming my plan works. If it does, then Mr. "Will go with an autowin plan no matter what" Magna has no reason to refuse outside of stubborn pride at it not having been HIS idea. And we'll do the plan, and I'll revote you after it happens.
If it doesn't, then I'll risk the vote and revote you when I know the plan wouldn't work.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12216 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:22 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 12214, Reasonably Rational wrote:Ummm ... I don't think you need to defend yourself Mastin. The whole idea that Yume lied about you being mod confirmed town to her has no basis on anything, as far as I can tell.
Shiro is alive and has been advocating that stupid idea for DAYS.
randomidget is alive and is the player who was most receptive to it.

So yes.
I absolutely needed that. (Especially if it took one less vote to lynch me. Which I don't actually know.) With me as confirmed town, via Almost50's vouch, there's no room for mislynching me anymore.
My academy.
Agnigi
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12217 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:26 pm

Magna was killed. That's why I said I hope Random shows up and that Magna relayed his plan, since it seemed to me that MoI had something in mind as the day was ending yesterday. For whatever it's worth, Cerb got the thread lock when trying to give you what you asked for near the end of the day, once you finally put it in clear terms. If you're being honest with yourself, you can look at your ISO from yesterday and realize why our eyes just kind of glazed over after awhile.

We ARE town, and the threshold is 3; however, depending on how Varsoon resolved alliance stuff, that scum event may mean that the quick 2nd vote on us by A50 will end the day, and that could be GG.

As I said before ... you have everything you need to work it out. I think the open to today makes it pretty clear for me, and we should have this unless I'm gravely mistaken.

~Drixx

P-Edit: There's no way we would ever vote you. I'm almost certain it was unnecessary, but better safe than sorry.
Show

Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12218 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:44 pm

Post by Shiro »

MoI kill was so unoptimal from scum PoV i am struggling to see why they did it.

I am town
Random is confirmed
Mastin is confirmed(I will put my worries to the side )

So even if we get it wrong now it is over for scum tommorow because they can't kill both me and mastin, let alone grapes if he gets unbubbled.

Side note: Sorry fuzzy, I was certain you were scum.
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
I stg this is how conversations with Lucifer go. ~Papa Zito
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12219 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:48 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@RR:

I realize how you must feel about me voting you. However, if grapes is bubbled then I'm willing to defuse the situation with Mastina in order to give Town a better shot at winning. And now Mastina has proposed an even better plan that -if applicable- can guarantee the Town winning the game.

I mean, look at it this way: grapes in NOT a valid lynch as it is. Flipping you and the game not ending confirms Shiro as scum to me. That was my initial thought.

Now, with Mastina's plan grapes will be forced to actually step out of the game along with Shiro, thus we win already w/o even lynching you. If he refuses to go with the plan then HE eats rope and not you, and the Town wins.

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12220 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:02 am

So, I was looking at the game state and trying to figure out WHY those actions were taken, and came to two realizations:

1) ANY scum in the game HAD to take that EXACT line to have a chance of winning. If a duo, they couldn't afford to let the town confirm that today was mylo(lest grapes scum be lynched 100% of the time and remove their chance of an outright win today, followed by a lynch one bubble the other mylo with two conftown and two suspects ); if single, they couldn't let the town confirm that it wasn't mylo, because that would mean both grapes AND Shiro stop being possible mislynches and thus the town could again lynch+ bubble in a pool of two, guaranteeing a loss. This means they HAD to prevent mastin from allying with grapes. There were three ways to accomplish this: First; killing mastin; second, using this event; third, if grapes is scum, simply not allying with her. The first path results in a living gem in 4p mylo, even if there are two scum and we manage to lynch one today, which means the gems can always bubble in the smallest possible pool(though in a two scum universe, their loss isn't guaranteed, just much more likely than if they ensure no gems are alive to bubble); the second puts us in the scenario we're in now, and the third...well, that almost certainly gets grapes lynched 100% of the time for the obstructionist move.

So, where does that put us? Any scum teams best chance of victory came from using that event last night, and killing a gem to make sure none were alive in mylo.

2) Mastins plan SHOULD work, and we SHOULD be able be to talk to all the necessary parties to make sure it does work. Both grapes and MoI are accessible through randomidget if my understanding is correct.

A50: the contradiction of stating that nobody should vote quickly+voting quickly is what concerns me, NOT the fact that you're voting me. In the scenario mastin outlined, regardless of your alignment, you have no choice but to vote me.

I do think there should be zero votes floating around until we hear from random about what MoI has to say about Mastins plan, simply to prevent anyone messing with what should be a nearly guaranteed win with a plan that can be enacted today.

Oh, and there should be no risk of us having a lowered threshold; our previous alliance partner was fuzzy, and thus it's impossible for us to have a continued alliance. I actually find it doubtful that anyone continued an alliance on through today given that grapes and MoI were the two most likely to do so and neither one is here.

-Cerb
Show

Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12221 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:11 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

we do indeed have a plan. busy right now so will do it tomorrow. MoI said it was basically up to me, but we did have some stuff planned out in the PT which i will relay when i have a chance
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12222 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:28 pm

Anybody out there?

Random: I'm pretty sure the course of today will be entirely determined by what you/MoI/Grapes have to say about things, so if you could make time sooner rather than later so we can discuss whatever you guys had in mind, that would be great.

-Cerb
Show

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #12223 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:48 pm

Post by Varsoon »

When Amethyst fell, Pearl felt as though she had let down the Crystal Gems, but found new resolve despite it all.

With Steven hospitalized, Pearl's hope had faded, her face hardly bearing a smile.

Now that Garnet had been split and taken by Homeworld, Pearl had lost nearly everything that she fought for. Tears streaming down her cheeks, she pulled herself to her feet, using her spear to weakly pick herself back up from the forced-fusion's onslaught. As the beast closed in on her, she bit back those tears, delivering a single slash that felled the creature. With a deep sigh, Pearl exhumed, "We still have Earth. All is not lost, Rose."

Upon returning to the sanctuary, Pearl found Steven fast asleep near the teleporter. With a soft laugh, the gem ruffled a hand through Steven's hair. A distant look came upon her as she softly broke the news to the sleeping boy, "Homeworld has Garnet. But don't worry, Steven. They haven't won yet. So long as I breathe, I will carry on Rose's hopes and dreams for this planet, and for you."

MagnaofIllusion's role-information has been revealed:
He was Garnet, aligned with
The Crystal Gems

Due to this, the stress has increased by 1.

Spoiler: Garnet's role functions as follows:
Garnet, The Stoic Brawler Made of Love
I will fight for the place where I'm free, to live together and exist as me!
You are aligned with The Crystal Gems. You are a Gem.
And if you think you're safe here, well, I got news for you. You've lost! Now, stay off my planet!

[The mechanical effects of this ability have been redacted.]

I am not, nor will I ever be, interested! Go away!

So long as you are Garnet, you may not Ally with any player outside of the Crystal Gems.
You may ignore this ability if the Stress is +1 or higher.

I embody my... I mean, Ruby and Sapphire's love. I'll always exist in them, even if I split apart.

I can be brash, you can be reckless, and we can both get carried away.

What we need now is to be careful. You and me, Pearl. Let's Fuse.

EVENT:
Ah! Don't hurt her! Don't hurt... me.

EPISODE EVENT: Reactionary.
PRIORITY: 0
REQUIREMENTS: This event is triggered when you die.
Tied to the Flavor of the episode "The Answer."
When you die, your information will not be posted in the main game thread.
Instead, you may continue play as your choice of either Ruby or Sapphire.
Both the rolecards for Ruby and Sapphire will be provided in your role PM.

We'll be fine. You can do this. We believe in you.

You are aligned with
The Crystal Gems
[The nature of this win-condition has been redacted.]

Sapphire, The Visionary Who Fell In Love
Such is fate.
I didn't need to feel. I saw.

I can see the path of fate as it stretches toward the horizon.

If you ally with another player, you may use your Climax Action to learn which actions your ally submitted during the same Climax Phase.
During the Season Finale, you may target an ally during the Exposition to learn which non-factional actions they may take during the Climax Phase.

You honestly think I'm not upset about what happened? I just wanted to do the right thing...

You are aligned with
The Crystal Gems

Ruby, The Eternal Flame
You're not as above this as you think you are!
I don't wanna go alone...

Oh, come on. We'll punch 'em together when we fuse. That's why they sent, uh, three of us!

If you ally with another player and both you and your ally are voting for a player, an extra vote will be submitted against that player.
During the Season Finale, both you and your ally's votes count as double.
If you and your ally are both voting for a player during the Season Finale, neither of you may hammer a player.

This is all my fault! I didn't want to look for a solution, I just wanted to be mad!

You are aligned with
The Crystal Gems
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #12224 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Last edited by Varsoon on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”