Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

The scum team didnt try and bus thier compulsive buddy that game?
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:33 pm

Post by Postie »

What?
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1865, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 916, RadiantCowbells wrote:The sun has returned and the day will continue!
Not sure how else to interpret this.
Lycanfire also made a claim:
In post 1417, Lycanfire wrote:
... if you want to lynch me you can't actually get rid of me. ... you're stuck with me.
one thing you ought to consider is that there will probably be a night after this day period.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:07 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1900, Vaxkiller wrote:The scum team didnt try and bus thier compulsive buddy that game?
That's interesting.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:10 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1860, Vaxkiller wrote:@kuroi

If creature was scum, don't you think the wise move for the scum team would have been to bus him day 1 before there were 2 day cycles in a row?
I'm having trouble following this. Why should the Scums bus on Day1?
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:13 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

For more kills obviously
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:26 pm

Post by Postie »

an extra team member > an extra kill
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:27 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1904, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 1860, Vaxkiller wrote:...

If creature was scum, don't you think the wise move for the scum team would have been to bus him day 1 before there were 2 day cycles in a row?
I'm having trouble following this. Why should the Scums bus on Day1?
In post 1905, Gamma Emerald wrote:For more kills obviously
That's not brilliant. It makes more sense for Scum to try and keep the team alive as long as possible.
-
MiniDeathStar
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:27 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 1902, Klingoncelt wrote:Lycanfire also made a claim:
In post 1417, Lycanfire wrote:
... if you want to lynch me you can't actually get rid of me. ... you're stuck with me.
one thing you ought to consider is that there will probably be a night after this day period.
What's this supposed to mean?
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:29 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Lycanfire was claiming to have caused the Night 1 skip.
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:30 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

[quote="In post 285, Lycanfire"]Hello everyone.

I'm Kalista, a Requested Soulbinder Modified Conditional Flavor Cop Global Modified Cop Modified Reflexive Delayer
Double Dayer
-
MiniDeathStar
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:31 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 296, Lycanfire wrote:Sorry that was my role in my last RC game. I think I'm stuck in the past :(
It was a joke.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:07 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 1896, mhsmith0 wrote: I kinda want to see where zef vs dreal goes
me too...
zefiend, ever find a computer? really anxious to hear your case against The DEO...

I figure another day and then he gets my vote...
balance among all things
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:55 pm

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 1882, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 1875, Creeps20 wrote:I think I will VOTE: Dreamerz

I don't like how he didn't immediately vote KTS when he scum read him. He also admitted he is OK with policy lynching. And I don't exactly like that.

That's why you ISO random people
I'm scum because I didn't vote my scum read as quickly as you wanted me to??

you mean when I was like 20 pages behind catching up and didn't just toss out a vote without knowing what the vote count was?

or, what DO you mean? can you please point out what exactly you're talking about so I can address it? thanks

where would you have liked my immediacy vote? pinpoint it, say "here is where he should have voted, but didn't, and it is scummy because ______" and then you fill in the blank
Your very first post. Which was
Posts into the game.
Not voting immediately because scum don't want to draw attention to themselves and so generally don't vote. I am pretty sure that the mod confirmed day chat (Or is that a different game?) And so it is possible you would converse with your scum buds before voting.
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:34 am

Post by ɀefiend »

A summary of the case vs DEO is as follows
: SS made a Day 1, Page 1 joke about policy-lynching "Titus" in response to a Titus-joke made by Kuroi. DEO interprets this as SS wanting to seriously policy-lynch the DEO slot. Despite repeated attempts by SS to explain that it was a joke, DEO runs with it for
over 20 pages
as a legitimate reason to lynch SS. DEO uses
personal
meta to substantiate her case, which by definition has no bearing on reading SS. DEO also dismisses Postie's townread of SS numerous times and attempts to counter every response Postie gives questioning the meta-reads. Despite Postie, Deimos, and Vedith all asserting that SS's comment was a joke/derpy and should be "let go," DEO does not. DEO also repeatedly defends drealmerz from SS's accusations: drealmerz was the second most vocal person about lynching SS. My contention here is that DEO ran with the PL thing too long and tried to force it home. I don't see a competent player like Titus doing that as Town. Furthermore, talking over Postie and attempting to disrupt SS's legitimate scumhunting efforts is scummy.

Now I will break it all down with evidence and examples. Keep in mind that I was absent all of Day 1, so I have a unique perspective on the matter.

Here is SS's "real" reason for voting DEO. I want to point out that the whole "fake reaction" thing
never
barely gets discussed because it is drowned out by DEO claiming that SS's actual reason is to PL.
In post 96, Shadow_step wrote:More votes on DEO. Awful omgus on me to follow up with that fake reaction.
In post 104, The DEO wrote:You could stand to elaborate yourself Moriarty. Looks like you pushed a policy lynch on me rather than hunting and are now trying to invent bullshit to hide that. So please educate the class yourself.
In post 105, Shadow_step wrote:Wtf you on about? Your reaction to him claiming to be hated was fake as fuck. No way town reacts like that.
In post 106, The DEO wrote:Yeah, I am asking you about the policy lynch comment. Stop changing the topic to something wrong that the thread clearly disagrees with you on because it's wrong.
Here I want to point out that (1) the "invented bullshit" came before the PL-joke and (2) it's actually DEO "changing the topic" to force the issue of the PL-joke,
In post 107, Shadow_step wrote:You need to google ''sarcasm''
In post 110, Shadow_step wrote:Nah, I wanted to PL Titus because she rolls scum a lot. Which was a joke. People here don't have a sense of humour.
Here is SS having to explain the joke. To an outside observer reading the thread, it was obvious that SS's comment was a joke in response to Kuroi's joke. At this point is where I assume a Townie would simply drop the matter, but...
In post 112, The DEO wrote:
In post 110, Shadow_step wrote:Nah, I wanted to PL Titus because she rolls scum a lot. Which was a joke. People here don't have a sense of humour.
Yeah, the last guys who claimed joke were scum too. Why wait until you were wagoned to claim joke?
DEO invokes self-meta here, which is disingenuous to use versus SS, because SS is not "the last guys."

Examples of DEO trying to repeatedly insinuate that SS's reasoning was merely a PL, despite multiple clarifications that that comment was not serious:
[quote="In post 120...
Why did you wait to claim the policy lynch was a joke on me until you were wagoned?[/quote]
In post 121, Shadow_step wrote:It was a joke on Titus not you.
In post 146, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 144, KuroiXHF wrote:i'm not suggesting a policy lynch. This is an RVS vote. This comment actually pings me.
IT'S SARCASM
In post 171, The DEO wrote:...
You're scum because you tried to policy lynch me and claim sarcasm afterward but only did so after you were wagoned.
Then you just beg for someone else to lynch instead of yourself and aren't hunting.
In post 194, Deimos27 wrote:Still don't understand the SS wagon. It's like everyone is voting him for this:
In post 23, Shadow_step wrote:Titus has been scum in a lot of games I've played with her. Not a bad PL
Which seems like obvious RVS talk.
In post 228, The DEO wrote:
In post 224, Shadow_step wrote:I've explained it already.
I have no idea how town reacts to a hated claim like- "can we make you unhated?"
It's like role fishing + awkward scum who doesn't know how to react.
Oh but selling a "policy lynch" on me after that point was a joke right?
Nah, you meant it. Then you got caught in a meta tell. Rather than asking me to prove it, you cried joke.

I can grow an extra person, so him being unhateable isn't ridiculous. It's also not a rolefish in the binary.
Here DEO is continuing to push that SS's "hated reaction" and PL reasons are analogous, despite the fact that SS wanted to (jokingly) PL "Titus." I also want to point out that DEO again cites self-meta, which cannot be disproven by SS -- rendering the "ask me to prove it" point a catch-22.

I'm not going into the details of DEO's meta case because the whole idea of using self-meta to prove that an unrelated player is scum is preposterous. But here is DEO repeatedly shutting down Postie's attempts to look past the whole joke:
In post 230, The DEO wrote:
In post 227, Postie wrote:
In post 225, The DEO wrote:Postie, you have an AtE weakness.
No, I don't. I can just tell the difference between scum frustration and town frustration. This is town frustration.
It isn't Postie. Check Suikoden Mafia. Blackest Magic reacted in the same way. Klingon was in that game btw.
In post 239, Postie wrote:For the record, I read what shadow wrote as an obvious joke. Let it go plsty.
In post 258, Postie wrote:
In post 253, The DEO wrote:Here's Davsto. You can read the ISO after that point too.
Still don't see it. I mean, I see the thing about the joke, but I don't think it's fair to say that complaining about being scumread for a joke is alignment indicative because one person has done it before as scum.
In post 260, The DEO wrote:
In post 258, Postie wrote:Still don't see it. I mean, I see the thing about the joke, but I don't think it's fair to say that complaining about being scumread for a joke is alignment indicative because one person has done it before as scum.
This particular "joke" when done by three separate people onto me has been scum 3 times and town zero. The behavior and tone matches here.
Self-fulfilling
prophecy
fallacy.
In post 268, Postie wrote:
In post 260, The DEO wrote:This particular "joke" when done by three separate people onto me has been scum 3 times and town zero. The behavior and tone matches here.
Eh? Quote/link me the other posts where it happened? And I disagree with behaviour and tone match; there's a subtle difference in that shadow's posts feel "protest-y" whereas Davsto went the more conventional passive-aggressive scum route.
In post 279, Shadow_step wrote:Those people might have a reason to PL you. Mine was a joke. I've already explained why I didn't point out earlier because I cannot type sleep in my sleep ffs.
Just stahp
In post 281, The DEO wrote:Postie, my point is ONLY scum RVS me with that "joke" and get hyper defensive about it. Only once has that comment been made by town on me, and he's a trollster. The three I quoted were trying to fit me for a noose at the time of their "jokes". At the time of Blackest Magic, he started chainsawing for LQ who was his buddy. Mastina was pushing me to throw me off. Davsto was just obvious scum freaking out, like here.
In post 282, Shadow_step wrote:I didn't even know you were Titus or Deo was Titus so your point is invalid.
Your logic is also fallacious. I'm not Mastin or whoever else the fuck they were.
In post 283, Postie wrote:Again, their tone and behaviour is different on multiple levels.
In post 418, Postie wrote:
In post 416, The DEO wrote:Lynch Shadow. He scum claimed hard when he tried to policy lynch me.
Can you even point to anything that suggests he was being serious? Because if not then why would we do this.
In post 419, The DEO wrote:He only claimed joke after being wagoned. It is clear he wanted me to be lynched and was hoping to let his vote sit.

And thanks for the scum slip of we. You and SS would do this because the longer I am in the game the more likely I wreck your scumteam with VCA. I have to go do lawyer things now.
It was actually not so "clear," especially since multiple other players disputed DEO's opinion that SS was serious, and that SS had moved on to voting Gamma and later drealmerz.

I also want to inject an interesting comment made by DEO (slightly unrelated):
In post 444, The DEO wrote:Piled on is the wrong choice of words. They are using us being fractured to pile on/assist any town wagon and not bus.
DEO implies that the "piling on" players to Postie's (alleged) scumslip wagon are avoiding bussing SS. But DEO doesn't explicitly call out anyone [Creature, creeps, RM, maybe one more person (can't remember)] for doing this. Instead DEO continued to push the "SS lied about knowing Titus=DEO" case.

This is only the
Day 1
case I have against DEO. For all intents and purposes, the SS lynch
was
"strong-armed."
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So just the use os PL as a reason?
I felt it was a strong case, and SS's rage kinda felt like scum caught for the wrong reason.
<Embrace The Void>

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:46 am

Post by Creature »

VOTE: Creeps20
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:46 am

Post by Creature »

I'm getting kinda tired of this game.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:47 am

Post by Creature »

I doubt scum will kill someone as demotivated as me, at least I may survive when there are less players left and my concentration is better.
Sigh
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:49 am

Post by ɀefiend »

In post 1915, Gamma Emerald wrote:So just the use os PL as a reason?
I felt it was a strong case, and SS's rage kinda felt like scum caught for the wrong reason.
What?

DEO's reason was that SS's reason was a PL. It was not. It was clarified as a joke, interpreted as a joke by multiple people; the self-meta was questioned -- and still DEO carried on for over 20 pages.

A TvT situation would have been like:
"PL lynch Titus! She's always scum!"
"Are you seriously suggesting that?"
"No, it was a joke!"
<game continues>

Instead DEO took control of the game.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:18 am

Post by Postie »

The way Titus kept ignoring legitimate concerns that were brought up about PLgate rubbed me the wrong way, but I'm not discounting the possibility that Titus was just confbiasing so hard that she didn't feel the need to consider those things.
In post 1914, ɀefiend wrote:I don't see a competent player like Titus doing that as Town.
How many games have you had with Titus? I've seen her pull some major moonlogic as both alignments.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:23 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1919, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 1915, Gamma Emerald wrote:So just the use os PL as a reason?
What?

DEO's reason was that SS's reason was a PL. It was not. It was clarified as a joke, interpreted as a joke by multiple people; the self-meta was questioned -- and still DEO carried on for over 20 pages.

A TvT situation would have been like:
"PL lynch Titus! She's always scum!"
"Are you seriously suggesting that?"
"No, it was a joke!"
<game continues>

Instead DEO took control of the game.
Let's note this is Titus and MathBlade we're talking about here. I KNOW Math is a tunneler as town, and Titus likely believed the PL thing was valid. I've seen people use tells like "people who suggest PLs are scum" as town as major case builders.
btw both point I make here are based in the same game.
<Embrace The Void>

Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:26 am

Post by Postie »

In post 1921, Gamma Emerald wrote:btw both point I make here are based in the same game.
Link it?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:33 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

<->
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:33 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

<->
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”