Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:09 pm

Post by Vifam »

penguin was dying anyway regardless of Uzi stopping the finisher, I guess stalling in that situation is weird but it could come from oversuspicious town tho
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:13 pm

Post by Vifam »

Nero Cain wrote:
TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

lol no.

I doubt scum passed up an easy wagon like Penguin, id say there's a high chance of one being there at the very least
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by Vifam »

In post 306, McMenno wrote:
mod replace me with myself please (partly because you keep misnaming me)
In post 304, Ms Columbo wrote:
In post 250, light_ganski wrote:Hey all. Will get caught up in the morning
In post 261, Banana Mint wrote:I am Hiplop. Gonna catch up tomorrow morning
Would be great to hear something from both of these before lynch. Please indicate where you weigh in so we have some sort of a stance on D2. Right now you're both a blank slate. Would be nice to hear from McMenno as well.

UNVOTE: Penguinos (for now)
:(

VOTE: penguinos

I haven't read the other thread at all, this thread, maybe ms columbo earlyposting was just awkward newbie posting? I will be watching that slot though
This was pretty bad
ok
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:23 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 427, Vifam wrote:
Nero Cain wrote:
TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

lol no.

I doubt scum passed up an easy wagon like Penguin, id say there's a high chance of one being there at the very least
That's like 99% of day 1 mislynches
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:28 pm

Post by Vifam »

Wow you think so?
ok
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game
by Motorhead blasts from the speaker as HHH, wearing blue jeans and a leather jacket, steps out onto the entrance way. In his left hand he carries a bottled water. For a moment, he stands there, basking in the attention. He takes a chug of water and spits it out it a mist of vapor as the song continues to play. He walks slowly down to the ring and then around to the south side that the camera faces. He climbs up onto the apron and turns to the camera. He takes another swig of water, leans back onto the ropes and then lunges forward and sprays the water from his mouth one final time before entering the ring. Once inside the ring he gets a microphone from ring announcer Lillian Garcia. HHH raises the mic to his lips.
In post 427, Vifam wrote:
Nero Cain wrote:
TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

lol no.

I agree
In post 299, Kmd4390 wrote:I feel like we might be jumping harder on this than normal because we need a jump start, but it's a good enough reason for a wagon at this stage in the day.

Unvote, Vote penguino

L-2

295 is a misrep of the case. The idea is that you don't want to screw up and give your slot away as scum.
like look at this lukewarm bandwagon hop.
Vifam wrote:penguin was dying anyway regardless of Uzi stopping the finisher, I guess stalling in that situation is weird but it could come from oversuspicious town tho
but if he was oversuspicious then he would have suspected the players on the wagon
BEFORE
today and he would have town read Penguin. As far as I remember he didn't. He;s scum that knew Penguin was town.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:33 pm

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

Nero's reasoning is bad, and he should feel bad.

Except...

I think he's scum.

Vote: Nero

It's really simple actually. Look at his approach to the Penguinos wagon at the end of Day 1 and his approach at the start of Day 2. First, Lil Uzi (and I) were scum for not getting on the Penguinos wagon because and I'll quote him...
In post 343, Nero Cain wrote: I think Penguin flips scum here and my biggest bets for his scumbuddies are Dodge and Lil. The Penguin slot seems to have given up on the game and their reaction to getting wagoned was pretty meh. My initial reaction to their vote on Dodge was that it was a throw away to get their buddy some cred. Lil throwing doubt on the wagon but not pushing anyone else is pretty bad and its just feels like he's trying to shall the day.
Though the "scum wouldn't do that" brigade will be in full swing tomorrow. I'd lynch him regardless of Penguinos' flip but I still think Penguin is scum. [/i]
In post 362, Nero Cain wrote: Saying that you aren't stalling when you clearly are is meh. Like you've made it clear that you don't think that Karnos and or Penguin avoiding this thread and not scum hunting isn't scummy to you while it looks like caugh scum to me yet you've also made it clear that you'd be ok with their lynch. This is talking out of both sides of your mouth. Stopping my finisher and wanting to have a meaningless discussion about who gets drafted is clearly stalling and my only thought is that you are scum that's hoping that another wagon starts up that you and Dodge can join.[/i]
Because Penguinos was scum who gave up and we were his scumbuddies trying to see if another lynch wagon would start instead.

Now, if I was a town player, linking three players together based on an assumed scumflip, I might reevaluate a bit when the theory falls apart.

Instead he doubles down that Lil Uzi was scum based on the way he acted at the end of the last day phase. You can't have it both ways. This isn't a legitimate scumread from Nero, this is him just lining up lynches under the guise of scumhunting. There is absolutely no progression or evolution on his read from the last day phase to this one. I believe that's because he's scum, so details like that don't actually matter.

Those details are what separates a town player from a scum one though.
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:37 pm

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

I will be very shocked when you turn around and call me scum Nero in the face of this by the way.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:39 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game
by Motorhead blasts from the speaker as HHH, wearing blue jeans and a leather jacket, steps out onto the entrance way. In his left hand he carries a bottled water. For a moment, he stands there, basking in the attention. He takes a chug of water and spits it out it a mist of vapor as the song continues to play. He walks slowly down to the ring and then around to the south side that the camera faces. He climbs up onto the apron and turns to the camera. He takes another swig of water, leans back onto the ropes and then lunges forward and sprays the water from his mouth one final time before entering the ring. Once inside the ring he gets a microphone from ring announcer Lillian Garcia. HHH raises the mic to his lips.

Dat chainsaw. *rev rev*

Explain why Luvs actions are town motivated.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 434, Nero Cain wrote:
TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:43 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 436, Nero Cain wrote:
TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game

look at the alt stall

DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:45 pm

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

BZZT that's incorrect. I'm trying to point out the scummy thing you've done in #434 (and doubled down in your next two posts). I can't keep increasing the point value, please give the other players a chance to guess okay?
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:46 pm

Post by Vifam »

Vifam uses Stinkface on McMenno
ok
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:58 pm

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

Time's up (because everyone else appears to be offline)

Anyway, this is what I wanted to demonstrate.

Me: So Nero is scum based on his read looking fake, and looking more like he just wanted to set up a lynch/push it through today.

To which Nero responds...not to justify his read in light of the game state, or anything like that. Instead he posts...
So my question is, what does Lil Uzi's actions have to do with Nero's actions...and consequentially my read on Nero? The answer is of course "what Lil Uzi did has no bearing on what Nero did, and why I'm reading him the way I am based on what he did." You may recognize this as deflecting.

I'm accusing Nero of being scum based on HIS actions. Who cares what another player did?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game

Its not scummy to have found Luv's actions not town motivated. What you are arguing is that I can't continue to think that his actions aren't scummy. Penguins flips is irrelevant here but what
YOU
think of his actions are important since you think its scummy that I'm continuing to scum read him. You can throw out hollow buzzwords all you want but that's all it is. Now tell me his town motivations and why I shouldn't think he's scummy.

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:11 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 430, Vifam wrote:Wow you think so?
I do. I've used that statistic for years and I can only remember three games where town was lynched day 1 without scum on the wagon.

Nero, you're right. My vote was a wagon hop. Look at my posting prior to the vote. A wagon was what we needed and that's what I was saying before that one picked up.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Vifam »

I was being sarcastic im sorry
ok
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game

vote:Vifam

Don't really want to lurker lynch. I mean yea sure his vote was a bit craptastic but I rather vote conf scum FMPOV than a shot in the dark.

vote: Luv

Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:28 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

Busy weekend, I will catch up Monday evening. It looks like we've finally got some conversation going.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:01 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game

@SD-What do you think of things over here?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:59 am

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game

Stop deflecting Leon. If you ask anyone to back up their statement then its deflecting or so sayeth Saint. :igmeou:

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:24 am

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game

Anything to actually say about me, Luv, Dodge or KMD? Also people aren't required to read my intro.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”