(0)
BigYoshiFan
(1)
Almost50 -- Nahdia
(0)
JaeReed

Not Voting:
Giovanni il Pellegrino, PeregrineV

With 8 votes available, it takes 5 votes to hammer.

BigYoshiFan is V/LA until 1/12.

Day 8 Will End on Saturday, January 21st, at 9 p.m. Eastern Time
Countdown: (expired on 2017-01-21 21:00:00)

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10276 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:19 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Why?
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10277 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

I still want to hear more from Gio, maybe some more from PV and Ank. It all seems kinda one-sided right now. Something just doesn't feel right.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10278 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:31 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Alright.
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10279 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10264, MathBlade wrote:Every fucking time without fail anytime I suggest lynching in those three the lynch always gets diverted to someone else. Always. I just don't have concrete proof like I did with Maxous or y'all would be going down.
Yes. It diverts to SCUM CAKEZ. *Firm Nod*

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10280 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:14 pm

Post by Giovanni il Pellegrino »

@Almost50, while I understand your case against Mathblade and I agree that his play is far from that of a townie, I still think that it is very hard for my result to have been messed with, with what we currently know about the roles.

I have checked three times this game. First target was Maxous, second was Narna, third was Mathblade.

-The first one didn't go through because Maxous was most likely an ascetic.

-Narna returned an investigative result. Narna flipped Psychologist. So, my result on Narna was most likely genuine.

-Mathblade returned an investigative result, as he claimed he would, due to the usage of the widget he claimed to receive. Nahdia confirmed Mathblade's

I get the sentiment that "results can be shaky", however, there must be a reason for them to be shaky. Only way for Mathblade to be scum and still return a positive "investigational" result, the way I see it, is if there is a redirector in the game who redirected me to Narna or Not Chara, the only other roles with abilities that could return investigative results at the time of my check.

However, If there was a redirector in the game, I think that the residue effect of his actions would have been felt by now, unless he has some weird restriction, like my role, who prevents him from acting too much.

If Mathblade was a Godfather, I probably would receive the typical "target did nothing/something happened and your action failed" response when he used the widget, instead of a confirmational one.

So, can you actually explain this in more detail? Have I missed something, or this was something you haven't accounted for in detail?

@Skullduggery, I will be V/LA until Thursday the 12th.
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10281 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:16 pm

Post by Giovanni il Pellegrino »

Nahdia confirmed Mathblade's
result
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10282 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Gio, who is scum then?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10283 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:46 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Jesus fucking christ.

Don't assume that Godfather is the most standard version. It has already been
proven
that Miller doesn't, so why would we start assuming godfather does?
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10284 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:49 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 10283, Ankamius wrote:Jesus fucking christ.

Don't assume that Godfather is the most standard version. It has already been
proven
that Miller doesn't, so why would we start assuming godfather does?
Good point. :/
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10285 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:49 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I would not be surprised in the slightest if there was a role that had the exact opposite effect that miller has had this game. My role PM specifically says "Mafia-Aligned" as a result for whatever action is used on me if they would function in a town/mafia sense, so godfather in this case can easily show as innocent to Giovanni's weak role.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10286 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:50 pm

Post by Ankamius »

The moral of the story is that Giovanni's clears CANNOT BE TRUSTED.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10287 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:51 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

Or really anybody's, as you've been trying to emphasize as well.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10288 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:53 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Yeah that's what I've been trying to say for what... 5 day phases now?
It's what Andrius was emphasizing since very early in the game as well.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10289 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10280, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:So, can you actually explain this in more detail? Have I missed something, or this was something you haven't accounted for in detail?
Um.. I believe a GF CAN be tracked. They just do not show as Scum to Cops, but they're not to be confused with Ninja (although a variation of the role does exist, but I have never seen it actually being used).

So, if you're proposing a GF status the you WOULD get a Tracker/Follower result on your target.

However, there's a lot of the mechanics of this game that are being obscured (and probably for a good reason, as is the case in every Skull modded game). Take Maxous for instance, did his flip mention "Ascetic"? I don't think it did. We're just guessing he was.

My fear is we've been relying too much on mechanics and speculation that we are not actually scum hunting based on content. SirCakez floated for too long based on his claimed role, which WAS his true role. It wasn't TOWN aligned though.

Furthermore, Nahdia confirming Math, and Math confirming Nahdia means absolutely nothing to me, as I'm proposing they're BOTH scum together. I want to lynch Math today and Nahdia tomorrow. Now if the game doesn't end by then we can assume Ank is an SK (the one Math has been hunting down for long because, you know.. scum will always fear the SK messing things for them) and we can lynch him then, but ONLY then. Right now probably wants a red flip just as much as we do (and that is IF he is a Serial Killer to begin with).

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10290 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:41 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 10289, Almost50 wrote:My fear is we've been relying too much on mechanics and speculation that we are not actually scum hunting based on content.
+

Also worth noting was who rushed to discredit me when I first floated Cakez based on his play.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10291 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:49 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

Or to discredit me when I first displayed my suspicions of Math.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10292 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:15 pm

Post by Ankamius »

VOTE: PeregrineV
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #10293 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:49 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I don't know what to say here. Gio clears can be trusted. You are acting as if there is a godfather when nothing has been proven to indicate it and lynching the one person scum can't kill.

We are literally fucked if you take Ank at face value. Like all it is rolling dice. His gut is so horribly wrong. Lynch Ank.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10294 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:18 pm

Post by Ankamius »

You make a lot of sense as scum with what we know about the setup and how you've been playing. There's not much else to say about it.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10295 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:23 pm

Post by MathBlade »

So I make sense as scum so that is why you scumread me.

And if I don't make sense then I am scum because I don't make sense.

Sooooo anyone see a problem here? Namely how Ank ever reads me as Town?

He literally has been saying I make no sense therefore I am scum.

This is Ank just wanting to lynch me.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10296 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:26 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10293, MathBlade wrote:I don't know what to say here. Gio clears can be trusted. You are acting as if there is a godfather when nothing has been proven to indicate it and lynching the one person scum can't kill.

We are literally fucked if you take Ank at face value. Like all it is rolling dice. His gut is so horribly wrong. Lynch Ank.
And from my PoV; you're trying to lynch the one person who can shoot at scum, thus providing them with a major advantage. Moreover, I said repeatedly that -even if you're BP- you're NOT the only one they can't kill. I can't be NK'd either, unless they want to lose their killing ability altogether.

besides, you haven't even touched my point on you trying to conf!Town yourself based on the Maxous push but refusing to do the sane to those who got Cakez lynched.

My stance is clear. You and Ank are NOT of the same alignment. You and Nahdia most probably are. If Ank is scum he's the only one left, because everyone on the Cakez wagon is Town. If yo are Scum then Nahdia is too, and that makes more sense to me than Ank being a lone scumster.

Now let's consider the Maxous Faction creation both ways: If it was done night by night, and if he picked 3-4 upon his lynch.

Let's first agree that either way he would have picked those most likely to survive for long.. to end game that is. Then he'd be picking he more influential roles (like the Inventor, for instance).

Now if he was picking on a nightly basis then his defence of the Creature slot in particlar is some ndicator he was eying that slot to recruit or has done so already. If he picked 3-4 upon his lynch then he most likely would have included the claimed BP so that the SK won't be killing them. And either way Cakez handing you his toys is a strong indication all in itself, and you defending him that hard is another, so you really can't tell me that was "just a bad read". I mean, why was SCUM CAKEZ giving you toys? Why would he hand YOU the Tracker shot, for instance? A Tracker would have been useful for HIS OWN SCUM BUDDIES to try and catch the SK (or anyone else who does have a night role).

Then you using it on Nahdia is also questionable, because Nahdia's role could have been proven by simply JKing someone with a night action, let alone YOU are the one who practically reinvented the wheel.. oops! I mean, the phrase "Roles are NOT -necessarily- alignment indicative", yet you're not only trying to convince us Nahdia IS a JK, but also that being a JK necessarily makes them Town.

So, I'm lynching YOU for starters, and I'm 90% confident you'd flip red. When that happens, Nahdia is next. And then I would expect the game to end. If it doesn't then Ankamius becomes the last lynch and the Town wins.

Lynching Ank first is dubious at best, if not outright dumb. He could be shooting Nahdia tonight to end the game already, or -if he is the SK- is a guaranteed shot for Scum over the next 2 nights, so REGARDLESS OF HIS ALIGNMENT (and I do reassert I'm Town reading him) he is NOT the optimal lynch of the day. It's either you or Nahdia, and I prefer you over them.

Now if you're Town as you claim you would be happy eating rope today to eliminate the doubt. Then, and ONLY THEN you can tell me to eat shit and shut up. I mean, you tried to shut me up about Cakez earlier, but -fortunately- we had other CLEARLY TOWN players who saw to it that we lynched SCUM for a change.

In short, you need to admit you're either Scum or bad Town, and we need to know which is it NOW.

Now, please vote yourself and get it done with.

P-edit:

No, and you're -once again- pulling that obtuse card which is not becoming at all. Ank clearly said "You make sense as scum", and not "You make sense, THUS you're scum". He is saying that you being scum makes sense to him.. makes the setup fit.

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10297 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:28 pm

Post by Ankamius »

My favorite part about this right now is that you discredited me before for not making calls based on information and the setup, and now you're discrediting me for making calls based on information and the setup.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10298 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10297, Ankamius wrote:My favorite part about this right now is that you discredited me before for not making calls based on information and the setup, and now you're discrediting me for making calls based on information and the setup.
I am saying you willfully ignored clears to try to lynch confTown.
Now you are not using the setup you are literally calling me a godfather so you can lynch me ignoring clears again.

I think you need to realize that everyone will see you are not Town when I flip green. You are here so I don't instant end game.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10299 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:33 pm

Post by MathBlade »

The this is implied a50 and when the amount of scum remaining is unknown I won't self vote as it may mean GG.

I think Ank is SK and PV+A50 (maybe one maybe both) are the scums. Leaning PV more than A50. I have lots of RL to deal with and I need to go to bed. Will be here as best I can.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”