Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

I mean it ain't done but I've been working on it lol

01. Secret Agent Jin
Spoiler: The Other Less Cool Jin
Abstract: Beginning scum lean for fence sitting behavior

Post 187, Para 1: My first impression is a subtle distancing with dreal. I mainly don't like the fact that that the way Jin i setting up his reads in a way that they can change quite easily. With Dreal, he says that normally he'd look scummy but he'll null him until he comes under heat. This reads to me as a set up to a bus if the situation arises.
Post 187, Para 3: To continue the idea that formulated in my head, here he said Mastin would have been a town lean but he's willing to not read town and say she's scum. I think again that it's just early game set up to allow him to sway his opinion on a player to follow what the town thinks so he doesn't come under much suspicion.
Post 187, Para 4: To answer Jin's question, he answers it in the prelude to giving the question. Jin specifically stated that he believed what Mastin was doing so the purpose of asking if Mastin's post being genuine or fabricated has me puzzled.

Post 187, Para 5: This paragraph, I don't believe in because Mastin's reasoning is basically focusing on Nacho as the main threat and if he's not scum, then ergo Mastin is scum. That's a dangerous gambit to put oneself as scum and makes her the center of attention. I don't doubt that Mastin can handle being center of attention as scum but she's right in saying that as scum, it's not smart to make yourself prime lynching material.

Post 208: I'm looking at this post as a reason to not give a definitive statement as to what he thinks about Mastin's alignment. You can attempt to come to the conclusion that she's town for saying to lynch her on D2 if she's wrong or push an angle that it's scum making it all for info manipulation latter down the road. Either way, either option has to sound better in your mind and not giving a statement about what you actually think is continuous fence sitting like I've pointed out earlier.

02. BTD6_MAKER
Spoiler: Big Truck Driver 6_
Abstract: Beginning Scum Lean

Post 104 and Post 115: Together I'm not seeing genuine concern in thinking Mastin is scum but is finding an excuse to vote mastin. First he votes at 7:03 AM EST and says she's most likely to be scum with Pine because they've played together a long time ago. Then after 100 posts and 12 hours later, he continues to vote Mastin in light of all the discussion that has occurred, he doesn't put in further input continuing to prove his theory, it's a simple vote and he bounces.

03. TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Spoiler: The Town Drunk
Read that name lmao

04. Nachomamma8
Spoiler: NachoDaddy
Abstract: No Read

One Post saying he'll check in tomorrow, will update once a sufficient read can be produced.

05. Fate
Spoiler: Karma
Abstract: Confused

I remember talking in the queue that playing a game with Fate was a pain and I'm starting to understand why.

I'll be honest and say I'm having a hard time getting a read from his slot.

Only thing that spiked my mind is him saying he had no history with Pine when after what was probably a waste of my life, he had these games he played with him:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=21228
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=19615
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=19355
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=18662

06. drealmerz7
Spoiler: The Real Dreal

07. Monokuma (Nahdia + Road Kamelot)
Spoiler: Didn't even know this was a hydra lmao

08. mastina
Spoiler: Mastin Infinite

09. Aeronaut
Spoiler: Astronaught

10. Prism
Spoiler: Pink Floyd

11. SirCakez
Spoiler: Why America has a weight problem

12. Vaxkiller
Spoiler: Unvacinnated

13. pisskop
Spoiler: kisspop
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:36 pm

Post by Pine »

I see Nachomamma online. I will be greatly offended if you don't post here. Make out with Mastina in the scumchat as much as you want, but do your job and get to work in the main thread.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:38 pm

I mean sorry it's not finished but please realize I'm kinda jam packed with IRL stuff, got the college semester just starting today and also trying to work full time and it's a pretty fluid list as of the moment.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:38 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 475, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:I mean it ain't done but I've been working on it lol

01. Secret Agent Jin
Spoiler: The Other Less Cool Jin
Abstract: Beginning scum lean for fence sitting behavior

Post 187, Para 1: My first impression is a subtle distancing with dreal. I mainly don't like the fact that that the way Jin i setting up his reads in a way that they can change quite easily. With Dreal, he says that normally he'd look scummy but he'll null him until he comes under heat. This reads to me as a set up to a bus if the situation arises.
Post 187, Para 3: To continue the idea that formulated in my head, here he said Mastin would have been a town lean but he's willing to not read town and say she's scum. I think again that it's just early game set up to allow him to sway his opinion on a player to follow what the town thinks so he doesn't come under much suspicion.
Post 187, Para 4: To answer Jin's question, he answers it in the prelude to giving the question. Jin specifically stated that he believed what Mastin was doing so the purpose of asking if Mastin's post being genuine or fabricated has me puzzled.

Post 187, Para 5: This paragraph, I don't believe in because Mastin's reasoning is basically focusing on Nacho as the main threat and if he's not scum, then ergo Mastin is scum. That's a dangerous gambit to put oneself as scum and makes her the center of attention. I don't doubt that Mastin can handle being center of attention as scum but she's right in saying that as scum, it's not smart to make yourself prime lynching material.

Post 208: I'm looking at this post as a reason to not give a definitive statement as to what he thinks about Mastin's alignment. You can attempt to come to the conclusion that she's town for saying to lynch her on D2 if she's wrong or push an angle that it's scum making it all for info manipulation latter down the road. Either way, either option has to sound better in your mind and not giving a statement about what you actually think is continuous fence sitting like I've pointed out earlier.

02. BTD6_MAKER
Spoiler: Big Truck Driver 6_
Abstract: Beginning Scum Lean

Post 104 and Post 115: Together I'm not seeing genuine concern in thinking Mastin is scum but is finding an excuse to vote mastin. First he votes at 7:03 AM EST and says she's most likely to be scum with Pine because they've played together a long time ago. Then after 100 posts and 12 hours later, he continues to vote Mastin in light of all the discussion that has occurred, he doesn't put in further input continuing to prove his theory, it's a simple vote and he bounces.

03. TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Spoiler: The Town Drunk
Read that name lmao

04. Nachomamma8
Spoiler: NachoDaddy
Abstract: No Read

One Post saying he'll check in tomorrow, will update once a sufficient read can be produced.

05. Fate
Spoiler: Karma
Abstract: Confused

I remember talking in the queue that playing a game with Fate was a pain and I'm starting to understand why.

I'll be honest and say I'm having a hard time getting a read from his slot.

Only thing that spiked my mind is him saying he had no history with Pine when after what was probably a waste of my life, he had these games he played with him:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=21228
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=19615
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=19355
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=18662

06. drealmerz7
Spoiler: The Real Dreal

07. Monokuma (Nahdia + Road Kamelot)
Spoiler: Didn't even know this was a hydra lmao

08. mastina
Spoiler: Mastin Infinite

09. Aeronaut
Spoiler: Astronaught

10. Prism
Spoiler: Pink Floyd

11. SirCakez
Spoiler: Why America has a weight problem

12. Vaxkiller
Spoiler: Unvacinnated

13. pisskop
Spoiler: kisspop
So in other words, you have nothing new or important to say, you just want to talk and look fancy?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:40 pm

It's a work in progress is all. I think Mastin's main concern was that I think she thought I wasn't going to continue the reads or have the intention to not finish them.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:44 pm

If scum!Mastin, I'm seeing that she would have continued to justify a vote by saying I'm a lazy player or just a scum 'faking town behaviour' by producing a reads list and not finishing it, but I think the most damning thing that obliterates that accusation is that I was able to pull up a saved draft and hit upload in a mere two minutes.

There is also no way I could have written all those spoiler tags, formatted all my posts from before and came up with the puns for the other half of the player list without having done this beforehand with the intent of continuously filling out my book of reads.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 338, Secret Agent Jin wrote:What does Pine gain from saying he wants a Nacho lynch actually say?
Okay.

If I see ANYONE.
And I do mean.
ANYONE.

Who said, "hey let's not think about who Pine would pick, it's wifom!"
...And then proceeds to go, "hey, Pine posted this, what do you think it means?"

I'm lynching that motherfucker before endgame.

Now, vice-versa, my stance, is more understandable: Pine's choices before the game are a valid line of discussion...
...Whereas Pine's posting? You seem to be forgetting a fundamental factor; Pine is confirmed scum. The JOB of confirmed scum is to troll. The JOB of confirmed scum is to mislead the town, and to tell their scumbuddies what to do in private.

I can't fault someone who chooses to deny both (though that's a mistake), nor can I ridicule someone who chooses to accept both (though Pine's posting is bullshit that we all know is bullshit), but if someone held the stance that Pine's picks were wifom and we can't learn info from them and yet is trying to decipher Pine's posting, I'm going to call them out on their hypocritical double-standard.

And demand that anyone who did in fact hold that stance give a DAMN good explanation for the contradiction.

Now for me, I've laid out in very explicit detail why I think Pine's choices can be deciphered. The reason Pine's posts cannot be, however, is that Pine when choosing a scumteam is making a choice for the whole game. Pine when choosing to post is making a choice in the moment. He posts whatever the fuck he wants to post. He gets to choose for his scumteam whoever the fuck he wanted to choose. But it's BECAUSE that he has both that I have my stance:
Because he got to choose for his scumteam whoever the fuck he wanted to, Pine got to select players that he knew would be a good team, and we can figure this out.
Because he gets to post whatever the fuck he wants to, Pine gets to post nothing that is actually useful. Whatever he posts, he thinks to be harmless. Whatever he posts, he does because it was fun, funny, or whatever. Whatever he posts, he has the ability to manipulate freely and on a whim. "Oh shit, that was meant to be in the scum PT!" Yes, and so was my post where I posted that I hoped nobody in the town would see through BBMolla's choice to bus me. (Well, that was supposed to be a PM, but close enough.)
The like.

Pine can pick and choose his scumbuddies, but he can do so only once. His choices are going to be strategic. I can tell you they weren't made for fun because if he were making choices for fun I'd be on the scumteam yet I'm not.
Pine can pick and choose what he posts, and can do so at literally any time. He is quite literally confirmed scum. Engaging him expecting him to give you information is an exercise in futility. He'll give you about 10% accurate info--just enough to satiate your appetite. And then drown that accurate info out in 90% bullshit. And of the accurate info, about half of it is stuff we already know or will quickly figure out. Leaving a mere fraction of his posts as actually useful. And those useful posts? Basically impossible to distinguish between, because in the bullshit he posts, he'll give a lot of fake-useful posts meant for players to
think
they've found something when they haven't.

So my solution is simple: I'm ignoring Pine's posting for the sake of reads. Now, I'll still engage him, talk to him, but not because I expect something useful from it. Because he's my friend and I'm reminiscing about the good ol' days, essentially.

His choices, on the other hand, are an entirely different ballpark. When he made his choices, he couldn't make any bullshit up. All he could do was select a team he thought would win. Because Pine is--and here's the biggie--still playing to fulfill a scum wincon. What that means is, his posting is meant to fulfill that scum wincon by being as unhelpful as possible, whereas his picks in the pregame were meant to select the best team for the job and were therefore the most helpful thing possible.

I really wish I could convey this in a succinct form right now, but dead serious.
Pine's picks are a subject which are important, because he got to select the scum for this game.
Pine's words in this game aren't, because he gets to select what he says as confscum who would normally not talk and is only trolling when he does.
People who take the opposite stance need to die on policy alone.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:58 pm

wow.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:59 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 340, pisskop wrote:Pine signed up to be a spectator with posting rights. Hes a liability to his team
^Okay, this works. Pine, as known scum, posting, is bad for his team. But he is mandated to do so by the setup. However, while he is mandated to post...I don't imagine he is mandated to post in a certain fashion, i.e., giving useful info to us.

So, if he's not required to give useful info to us...and his alignment is scum...the info he gives us is...what, exactly?

Yeah. Trolling bullshit.

In contrast, Pine was involved in creating his scumteam. Him being involved is a liability, sure...but he's not mandated to share with us any aspect of his picking process. As a result, he doesn't have to give anything to us. As a result, he can make picks that he feels are able to win the game. And ultimately, that's what his choices would be. Not random bullshit, like his posting. Strategically selecting the players which Pine thinks are capable of winning the game because Pine is still technically scum-aligned.

Ergo, Pine's posting is bullshit which can be ignored.
Pine's choices weren't bullshit and thus shouldn't be ignored.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:00 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

are you sure you're not me posting from an alternate reality?

my games on MS might not show it, but, that is really fucking scary - if I showed you some of my HS games you'd probably freak out a bit too as I am

it's the repeating round-about "just to make sure you got the point and see all angles of the point" and overall tone of voice and...eery
balance among all things
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:02 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 347, Monokuma wrote:BELOVED BEAR MONOKUMA ATTEMPTS TO APPEAL TO MASTINA TO STOP ATTEMPTING TO MURDER ADORABLE POKEMON ALIGNED WITH TOWN.
Do you see me voting Aeronaut?
...No?

Yeah well that's me answering you.
I will humor your read by not voting him.
If that's not good enough, tough luck.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:03 pm

Post by Pine »

I regard it as a special treat that I was actually eating popcorn when reading that manifesto from Mastina. Brava!

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:03 pm

I'll admit I associated that both had to exist or neither did. Thanks for clearing that up. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some of your posts to re-read
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:07 pm

Post by Pine »

Mastina does have a point, though. I'm mostly just trolling.

I have dropped some entirely valid hints though!

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 348, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Hey Mastin, how long does it take you to plan for a game?
Depends. Are we talking concept, thought, or practice?

...See, my first language actually isn't English.
It's concepts. (I think this is a fairly common trait among autistic people, by the way. They may use other terms, other words to convey this, because their translation of the concept might be different than mine, but I think that they, too, understand on some level that they're not thinking words; they're thinking concepts.)

This conceptual phase is fast--
very
fast. Really, really, REALLY fast.
Making a plan for a game takes less than a second on the conceptual level.

Now, then, my brain has to translate that concept into words. This translation might be called processing. It's where we get expressions like "my mind thinks faster than I can follow". And translating this concept of a plan into words takes me anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes.

Now, writing that out? Well, I'm a fast typist (at least 80 WPM, might be much higher than that), but my hands are even slower than my brain is, so while I have the language translated approximately, it takes some time for me to lay out and detail what said plan is. This can take anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour. Usually somewhere in the 15-30 minute range.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:10 pm

In post 488, Pine wrote:Mastina does have a point, though. I'm mostly just trolling.

I have dropped some entirely valid hints though!
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:12 pm

Post by Pine »

Amateur. Find a GIF next time.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:12 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

you excite me, mastina
balance among all things
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:18 pm

I'm currently exited to play with mastin as well because she's one of the starting few where she's answering my questions before I ask them.

I was about to ask Mastin to take me being scum the next step in asking who I'd be lined up with as scum and I remembered her answered would be Aero.

I then was going to ask why that was and it's because she said we had scum theatre that was textbook in Aero.

I was finally going to ask how she came to that conclusion and all from memory I was able to establish that it was because Aero asked me for a reads list and something along the lines of that.

Mastin, if being able to think and be able to answer your own questions like that was how it was 4 years ago, boy oh boy did I miss out :(
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:19 pm

Post by Pine »

You did.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 359, drealmerz7 wrote:
VIGSHOT: MASTINA
While this would be a lovely gambit, there are a few things you need to realize.
One, this game does in fact have a vig in it. This much I already know. (How? Because I know what camn's favorite role is and contrary to what her title might imply, it sure aint the tracker.) However, it's a night-vig. Not a dayvig.
Two, I'm a night owl, especially on a Sunday. At the time you posted this, I was at work. If it were real, I'd be dead by now, so I already know it wasn't. (This can be stretched and applied to general: use it at a time a lot of the players are online and in the game. If nobody's around, it's a waste. Though, be cautious that you also make sure the MOD isn't around because the mod posting ruins the gambit.)
Three, you telegraphed it was fake way too much, and that's the worst mistake of all. A good fake-dayvig knows there's an art in making the vig look genuine: showing frustration, for instance, and then in the heat of the moment, in an argument, posting the dayvig, and then after posting it, saying stuff to the effect of "yes, that was real, and no, I have no regrets", especially the latter part, and basically...you need to really
sell
that you had a dayvig. You need to sell it so hard that the mod looks at their role PMs and wonders if maybe you misread yours, if there was a mistake, if maybe she wasn't clear.

So while a lovely idea, you lack the experience to pull off a proper fake-dayvig.

Also, some handy hints for what you need when it comes to these: when you pull a fakeclaim as a gambit, you need to have a clear idea of what you're going to accomplish, and it needs to have a clear idea of what you accomplish no matter the outcome. If you entirely base the gain off of outcomes that never materialize, it's a waste. If you base your premise off of something which is false, then you won't gain what you were hoping to because your premise was false.

This is why I plan my actions out. I have clear ideas of what I'll gain no matter what. If I'm right on my read. If I'm wrong on my read. If the gambit goes this way. Or the gambit goes another way. I also think out nonbinary solutions, because often thinking that a gambit will result in a binary action backfires when it turns out the gambit wasn't nearly as binary as you assumed.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:21 pm

In post 494, Pine wrote:You did.
I'm actually quite sad now
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by Pine »

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:26 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 370, SirCakez wrote:It looks genuine as hell. Unless Real Gin has a history of AtE as scum.
Son, if you call that TheRealGin-N-Tonic posting AtE, you've got a LOT of learning to do.

There was no AtE in there and there was nothing in there that could even be considered genuine. Like, there was nothing in there which you could say was a case of "is this fake or is this real?", it was just a post that was...a post. A scummy post, but a post all the same.
What makes my interactions with mastin scummy as opposed to drealz's?
Well for a start, this question. Aeronaut is right in the regard that you are scummy and drealmerz isn't. It's just that you're not actually scum.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:30 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

it was spur-of-the-moment yet calculated in that moment, as I tend to do as town (it serves me well, generally, I have superb intuition)

I knew what was doing well enough, and I agree, I could have faked it better, there was too much follow-up (the boldderp was a nice touch, I thought)

it's simply a matter of experience, really

but I did get what I was going for to a degree (some reads off of reactions, but most of all, I'm pretty sure I made pine's nuts squiggle, and that is mostly what I wanted), and, yes, I figured there is a vig. in the game and I was aware of such when I did it

I'm aware of most of what you're saying (: appreciate it though

I'm "on the spectrum", btw, but, I hate that fucking categorization and really just prefer "different" (indigo child is okay, but, meh)
balance among all things

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”