The Elder Scrolls Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:17 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 23, Nero Cain wrote:Do you have Steam?
i do but my laptop isn't awesome
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:17 am

In post 24, Porochaz wrote:I've been playing skyrim a lot recently for the first time. I started on my laptop but got bored after having to find a necklace in a river for a long time but got the remastered one on my desktop amd it's playing slightly nicer now.
:lol: poor narfi
Art is cool.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by Porochaz »

The fact that eventually I will have to
kill him
makes me sad. It was an annoying quest but I formed an attachment to the poor bugger.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:22 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

What is the difference between the normal Skyrim and the remastered? More content?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Hanasawa
Hanasawa
Goon
Hanasawa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:51 pm

Post by Hanasawa »

Pretty much nothing.

Honestly, just use the normal Skyrim with all DLC. There's way more mods for it...don't be like me.
"It hurts to have control over anything. I'd rather be a leaf in the wind."
Call me Lily instead. Avatar is Bellossom from Pokemon! drawn by Ether.
Espeonage (08:39) - lily is happy = everything is good with the world
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:17 am

In post 27, Porochaz wrote:The fact that eventually I will have to
kill him
makes me sad. It was an annoying quest but I formed an attachment to the poor bugger.
definitely, me too. i didn't want to complete that but i wanted the horse. but with the dawn guard add on you can get the summoned horse which is better. so i never did it :mrgreen:
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:18 am

In post 28, Nero Cain wrote:What is the difference between the normal Skyrim and the remastered? More content?
just updated graphics and bug fixes plus it comes with all dlc and modding for consoles. i believe there are some added dialogue and radiant quests too maybe but i'm not sure about that exactly
Art is cool.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:44 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 29, Hanasawa wrote:Pretty much nothing.

Honestly, just use the normal Skyrim with all DLC. There's way more mods for it...don't be like me.
apparently it has something to do with ram overhead that scripts use or something along those lines.
after a wank.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I just wanted to say that the animations for a one-handed sword are so much better than an axe.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:50 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Still only playing Oblivion, but it's starting to feel a little grindy. Need to shut down some gates and continue main storyline, I guess.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:15 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

No glitches:
after a wank.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:35 am

finally made a fortify carry weight ring that adds 849 additional capacity :D
Art is cool.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

lmao.

Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:22 pm

Post by Killthestory »

help lydia has completely disappeared and she had a bunch of ebony shit i wanted to sell
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

reload from your last save that you had her?

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:03 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I went back to this after an eternity. I got caught up in the College of Winterhold, and meh. I don't know if it's this questline, but man am I bored of talking to someone, going to dungeon, fighting draugrs/mages, obtaining item, going back to person. I reckon the reason why I initially stopped was because getting to Winterhold was so fucking horrible, and the payoff was meh that I decided to try Witcher instead. (incidentally stopped that as well) I came back to it a couple of days ago and I got started with that questline and I realised, I care very little for any of the characters, it may be that my character is a Nord male, who I tried to make look like me, if I was in the shape I wanted to be in. But my character has very little social interaction, I mean he's silent but urgh can't he be shaped by my interactions. It's a big game, I know and I realise that given all the characters distinct personalities is difficult, but sometimes I wish there had been more of an effort in this regard. I mean favourite character is a minor cat-person in the mages guild. Because he has a personality - not a completely pleasant one, but at least that makes him feel real. Also Narfi.

My character, himself, started as a warrior, before turning to stealth archer, which is apparently what loads of people do... I realised this when I was playing before - hence the mage guild. Except I learnt today/yesterday that a lot of the quests are fucking horrible as a mage and are easier in pretty much any other way. Especially since my skill points went into stealth, archery, one handed weapons and light armour. My sneaking is rusty, but it's amazing how much a difference being able to fire a large number of quickfire shots from my bow makes to the games difficulty. It also made it more fun, which seems like a fatal flaw. I mean the only magic I used was the amount of potions/poisons I used to defeat The Caller because fuck me that was difficult despite being back to being full archer by that point. (am a bit grumpy I only found the "arrows do 30% more damage" potion in my inventory after about the 6th time I tried) It's the Mages guild, I should be erm... mage-ing!

Then the I have to listen to Tolfdir for ages again, then talk to the Augur who talks for ages. Meh, I want characterisation, I want story but there has to be better ways than all this exposition...

I mean Im glad I came back to the game, and I plan to play it for at least a while longer, but man, do I wish for some recurring characters who have more of an arc than "over-arching evil guy in questline" and "kindly character who will almost certainly die" and "orc-librarian who could have been a cool character if they had shut him up once in a while or recorded him more than 2 lines of dialogue" - I swear to god I am going to rob every book in that fucking library, drop them all then use that fire enchant I had to learn to get into the damned place and burn them all in front of him. Then I'm going to immolate him. There are frustrations. Ones that would make this great game into a truly immersive experience, as it is now, I don't quite understand the fun of going through very similar cave/dungeon type area for an item, beyond the first few. But maybe I'm missing something?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by Annadog40 »

I went back in and murdered an entire town.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:21 pm

Post by Aronis »

I don't think I ever completed the mage questline. I never really did it on my main guy cause it didn't fit his personality/goals/playstyle. Then i made a mage and still got bored with it.

The thief playstyle was w/o a doubt the most entertaining to me. Being a brawler was fun too for a bit.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:56 am

I just started a new Morrowind character actually. I never gotten very far into it, and it's a lot of fun. The mechanics are a bit different, leveling is silly, but the roleplaying is a lot more immersive than any other TES game I've played. Instead of just following a waypoint, you actually have to get directions, have them written down, follow signs, etc. There's no fast traveling - except by silt strider or mage's teleportation spells. It's really fantastic. There's a reason this is the game that made Bethesda.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:58 am

ALSO TES legends is THE BEST THING EVER.
Art is cool.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

old but just saw this tonight and thought it was hilarious.

Return to “The Arcade”