Newbie 1764: Wind Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:47 am

Post by Charloux »

True, i'm a human scumbag...
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:24 am

Post by Charloux »

@Mew: I'm waiting in case Gamma goes to L-1 so i can hammer. Voting somebody else might switch the wagon to them, so i refrained.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:43 am

Post by Charloux »

It was a joke, i already had my revenge!
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:29 am

Post by Charloux »

Townlean on Gamma and nydushermain so far.

The thing that i am most concerned right now, is that i think Accountant will be doing all the work, which will most likely prove fatal if he is scum/dies.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:17 am

Post by Charloux »

Yeah, i should've said nulltown. Gamma's reaction in Seemed to me like "Omg, i knew he was an idiot, but he outdid himself right now..." Which i think is a reaction town has when they think somebody might ruin the game on page 1.

@Nydushermain: Can i call you Sherman from now on? Or tell me how you came up with that name.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #5) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:29 am

Post by Charloux »

Use your brain a bit. If we outed the roles now who do you think would be killed during the night?
And town shouldn't bring up the subject, since only scum benefit from it.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:11 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 61, Ramcius wrote:
In post 60, Charloux wrote:Use your brain a bit. If we outed the roles now who do you think would be killed during the night?
And town shouldn't bring up the subject, since only scum benefit from it.
i don't ask to claim, i ask what roles are in play, and i don't like your answer, looks like forced attempt to grab towncred
I don't like your though process. You think we should treat you as confirmed town and everybody who speaks to you is scum. I'll go on a limb here and say you are using an alter-ego in this game, or you are just bad with pressure hence taking an aggressive approach to fend off any potential attacks on your slot. I don't see town mentality there.
VOTE: Ramcius

Sorry if you though i was being rude in the last post.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:38 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 84, Ramcius wrote:I ask work with me, or ignore me, if you not want work with me
This sentence here is my problem. You say we should treat you as conftown or ignore you. There is no problem with working with you, but why can't we doubt you? Explain please
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #8) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:18 am

Post by Charloux »

I'll treat your comments as "get the fuck off my back, don't ask why" for today then.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (isolation #9) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:11 pm

Post by Charloux »

In post 92, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm saying scum has less motivation to provide more content.
If someone enjoys playing scum, i think they would put in more effort, don't ya think?
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (isolation #10) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:54 pm

Post by Charloux »

In post 95, Charloux wrote:
In post 92, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm saying scum has less motivation to provide more content.
If someone enjoys playing scum, i think they would put in more effort, don't ya think?
I think i sound pretty objective here (My opinion it seems)
So, can those who think this is a slip paraphrase it to sound more objectively. Or should i start adding "Objectively speaking" or "Joke" before my posts?
I also didn't think about accountant while posting this and it's the first time i hear he is after the award. But i do think that he would give his all regardless of alignment.
@Ramcius: If you bite when you are attacked, i explode taking down everybody with me; So i suggest not going on a Jihad because of something stupid as your pride.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:14 pm

Post by Charloux »

Ouch and were intended for you, but i guess it was too forceful.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #12) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:03 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 128, Mewtaph wrote:
In post 110, Charloux wrote:Ouch and were intended for you, but i guess it was too forceful.
Explain please, I don't follow.
I'd be troubled if you could, since it was meant for only Accountant to understand. I asked for his opinion in #87, and since he didn't respond, i added the last sentence of #107. I'm basically gambling that he is town, and it seems it backfired.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #13) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:25 am

Post by Charloux »

"get the fuck off my back, don't ask why"
I tried asking you if you think he is playing that way because he is a PR. It also served the purpose of baiting you because i don't really think we can catch you using controversial means if you are scum.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #14) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:44 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 133, Accountant wrote:I don't buy that your town read on me was so strong that you'd be willing to risk tipping me off to the fact that he might be a PR. Furthermore, you indicated earlier that such a mentality was in fact indicative of scum and not PR.
No, you are null to me. And why would i say something like: His personality is indicative of him being scum or a PR? What would happen if i did? I needed a second opinion and you looked like a good choice.
In post 133, Accountant wrote:
I'll go on a limb here and say you are using an alter-ego in this game, or you are just bad with pressure hence taking an aggressive approach to fend off any potential attacks on your slot. I don't see town mentality there.
I would also like to us how you intended to bait me with that question. Suppose I am scum. What did you expect me to do in response to the question, and how would that help you catch me? Please clearly explain this discrepancy.
If you were scum i expected you to feign ignorance and then just try and NK/RB him. If you said something like "I think so" I'd treat you as town.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (isolation #15) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:40 am

Post by Charloux »

Sorry, but i won't reveal all my cards without a fight.
In post 136, Accountant wrote:
In post 134, Charloux wrote:No, you are null to me. And why would i say something like: His personality is indicative of him being scum or a PR? What would happen if i did? I needed a second opinion and you looked like a good choice.
If you're trying to figure out whether he's scum or a PR, I'm not sure why you'd vote him.
I voted him before i came to the conclusion of him being a pr. Even if i thought he might be a PR before voting him, he didn't have a single vote at that time, so there is no danger of him claiming.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (isolation #16) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:42 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 138, Ramcius wrote:now you sound like cornered mafia - why town would say that? Or you still think Accountant is mafia?
Yep, i am cornered, but i'm not mafia. I'd rather risk myself be mislynched than spill the beans. Why would town say what? Everything i said was labeled as scummy so i don't know what you're talking about. I'm not saying Acc is scum, but do you think you can catch him if he is?
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #17) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:07 am

Post by Charloux »

I end up being a burden to town in most of my games, i feel kind of pathetic.
There is a way for my actions so far to be seen as town, but most people here are too paranoid to think about it. Now then, telling the whole truth will reduce the chance of town winning a lot. Getting myself lynched would have the same effect, so i think i'll risk it and hope i don't get lynched.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (isolation #18) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:46 am

Post by Charloux »

VOTE: DeathByWobbuffet
Nothing really stood out as really scummy that much for me, so i think its a good idea to drag the words out of this guy here.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (isolation #19) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Charloux »

I'd rather lynch all lurkers and lose than mislynch 3 actives and lose to lurkers. But we aren't going to do that.

Ramcius explained what this wagon is for, and what would mean for the guy who hammers; And yet you are still against it that much, why?
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (isolation #20) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:41 am

Post by Charloux »

Too much for me to check from my phone, will come later.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (isolation #21) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:35 am

Post by Charloux »

-He looks a bit agitated since he is using caps, so his following posts shouldn't be taken with face value. Small inconsistencies should be ignored
-Don't think scum would go ahead with an explanation about something that they weren't asked to do.
Yeah, caps mean he is agitated. like when he says there are 3 scum in ; Nyd, do you mean to say that you are okay with lynching a null and scummier players from your reads today?
I'm too lazy for the back and forth talk analysis.
Accountants case would normally make sense, but Ny's uniqueness has been ongoing for the whole game so i don't buy it; If he is faking it, he will show an opening sooner or later. I don't agree with his case(?) on Accountant at all though. Ny doesn't look prideful, so i don't think he is just pushing his read because he is just stubborn. I think he really thinks he is right...
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (isolation #22) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:37 am

Post by Charloux »

I still want to hear something from DBW. He is the only person without a flavor right now.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (isolation #23) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:57 pm

Post by Charloux »

My head hurts from the last few pages... Everybody is acting so toxic...
One thing i don't like about Nyd at this point is how he tried to redirect our attention to Gamma first about his read list. And Pepcho a few pages ago, can't even find it anymore. He is also casting shade at Accountant and Alisae.
But he is being consistent in being inconsistent and that is what's preventing me from scumreading him.

Also i'm troubled with the DBW wagon. There was a lack of resistance to the wagon apart from Nyd. So i think they share the same alignment, and i don't remember a game where finding both scum is this easy.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (isolation #24) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:14 am

Post by Charloux »

@Pepcho: I really don't have any strong scumreads. I didn't like the lurkers, but now that aliase replaced in and you got back the only person i'm 100% fine with lynching is DBW. Nyd's flip is a good alternative with all the discussion centered around him. I'm reluctant with lynching anybody else today.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (isolation #25) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:16 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 515, Pepchoninga wrote:I do understand you Charloux. Even tho I would love to lynch Alisae since I do see a lot of his action made out of pure cockiness I do see why you wouldn't do it.

I am asking for you to give opinions on the matter. If a lynch is done it should probably be on DBW since one less person is innactive is better.

But still, we are 21 pages in and you don't have any strong scumreads...this is strange. I would advise you to go ahead the posts once again if posible since you will get accused by people soon, just like Alis tryid to do with me.
I don't think i will survive tonight so there is no need to worry about me getting accused of lack of reads.
What matter are you talking about, i must've misunderstood your question since i think i answered it.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (isolation #26) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:07 am

Post by Charloux »

So NOW nyd's wagon magically disappeared because Pepcho made a bas posts? Something is fake here.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (isolation #27) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:33 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 540, Alisae wrote:Charloux, I feel like I've established that I'm okay between going between the two wagons because I think they're both scum and scum needs to get lynched.
I'm not pointing fingers yet, it's just a feeling you get when something unnaturally happened. You switched wagons because there was no point in staying on Nyd's wagon, right? You stated your lynch targets before the wagon dissipated and i don't think you could predict Gamma's and pepcho's behavior so you could prepare beforehand. Nothing wrong i see here.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (isolation #28) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:36 am

Post by Charloux »

And i'm really interested in why i'm getting scumread in every single game without exception. When you read my posts your gut tells you i'm scum, correct? Is it because of my tone or something?
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (isolation #29) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:57 am

Post by Charloux »

I think it's more due to pride to not admit you are wrong rather than alignment indicative. And if you are so much better than him, why not make him look more scummy by debating with him? You don't need to convince him anything, you just have to make him look scummy thus convincing "town" that he is scum. Think of it as a warm-up so you at least put up a fight against Acc :wink:
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (isolation #30) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:44 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 558, Alisae wrote:
In post 557, Charloux wrote:I think it's more due to pride to not admit you are wrong rather than alignment indicative. And if you are so much better than him, why not make him look more scummy by debating with him? You don't need to convince him anything, you just have to make him look scummy thus convincing "town" that he is scum. Think of it as a warm-up so you at least put up a fight against Acc :wink:
This is fair, but if you think I'm wrong, would you like to prove that Pep and/or Nyd are town if not town not scum?
I don't know if you are right or wrong, but i remembered a game where a guy voted me and called me scum, but when i confronted him he said i smelled like one and nobody bat an eye to that. The more i fought the more scumreads i got and the guy didn't explain his read till the very end. The end.
It's painfully obvious that you are looking way townier right now though.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (isolation #31) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:00 am

Post by Charloux »

I have a test on thursday , friday and saturday and a professor just added another 50 pages for the test on friday. Ok it's more like 40 but what evs. Don't expect much activity from me, but if it's just following conversation i can manage that since i'm on my computer most of the time now.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (isolation #32) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:26 am

Post by Charloux »

I don't like his answer for C, makes it seem like he is discrediting Gamma's playstyle and is contradictory to statement A. My guess is that he understood your statement C as "Gamma said so" instead of "He is promoting false dichotomies, and it seems Gamma came to the same conclusion as me", but it was still bad.
Everything else seems reasonable and i'd like the answer for statement F as well.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (isolation #33) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:34 am

Post by Charloux »

Ok going to take the test now then i can play this... What information would Alisae's flip bring us if he flips town? Or who do you think his scumpartner is if he is scum?
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1596 (isolation #34) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:19 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 1595, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Eh, gamma is low activity currently, I'm in a couple other games with him
Shame on you for using such underhanded tactics!
Town PR's were 0 i blame them for this loss!
But it was fun to watch, GG
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1603 (isolation #35) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:24 pm

Post by Charloux »

In post 1602, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Oh also Charloux PR told very early, he was already the NK before Alisae said anything, but Alisae still shouldn't say that, just gives scum fuel to push your lynch
How did you know i was a protective PR and not bulletproof? I knew i slipped(well i was forced to (>_<) ) so i thought why not use reverse psychology and slip a bit more.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1607 (isolation #36) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:53 pm

Post by Charloux »

You are saying that having a protective PR is bad for town unless he can prevent a kill 2 times in a single game. Honestly, i don't remember witnessing two saves in a single game. Why even bother using the night action as a doctor then?
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1611 (isolation #37) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:08 pm

Post by Charloux »

I have to change my gameplay at a fundamental level, but it's really hard once you start doing things unconsciously. I don't even know why people's gut tells them i am scum and i think that should be the first step. My first game was fun because i had no idea what i was doing. Now it's close to torture...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”