Mini 1867 -- TBD Mafia [day 1]

Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules) (13 players or fewer). Signups Here
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3  (isolation #0)  » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:38 pm

I almost replaced out on principle because of the "will you answer 'no' to this question?" lol

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #37  (isolation #1)  » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:17 am

Dafuq is going on here

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #70  (isolation #2)  » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:55 am

In post 67, Secret Agent Jin wrote:VOTE: ɀefiend

We are posting in one letter increments sir lol


Unvote! I answered for weird voting mechanics! What if the first vote of pregame is a pregame kill? Wait, what if you knew that? How did you know that? Only scum could know something like that.

VOTE: secret agent jin

2ez

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #77  (isolation #3)  » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:33 pm

5

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #148  (isolation #4)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:06 pm

VOTE: mcmenno

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #196  (isolation #5)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:31 pm

In post 149, drealmerz7 wrote:why the vote on mcmenno?

In post 155, drealmerz7 wrote:mcmenno, did you poop inside or something?

Can you tell me why you showed concern twice for votes on mcmenno but haven't asked about any other votes?

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #197  (isolation #6)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:32 pm

In post 194, KainTepes wrote:I NEED TO KNOW FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES because i have STRONG REASON to believe the questionnaire ANSWERS are part of the game EXPERIENCE,, you can abstain from answering if you want but understand that i have REASONS,,


I answered third party

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #274  (isolation #7)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:59 pm

In post 240, Narna wrote:
In post 238, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 234, Narna wrote:Lane's question to Dreal seems like phony busywork.

VOTE: Lane

Even though it might have been the first non-RVS post made in the game? Someone's gotta get the ball rolling right?

I'm trying to get the ball rolling. Lane didn't really engage rvs at all, and he enters the game trying to break rvs by questioning something that didn't seem alignment indicative to me. Dreal's bit on Frank, and KT's question seem like more genuine attempts to break rvs here.


What is busy about it? You're quick on that I think. One post asking a legitimate question. Can you think of any reasons someone might accidentally pay more attention to votes on one person as opposed to another? You say I enter trying to break rvs. How well do you think town does if rvs never ends? I engaged rvs. I voted mcmenno. Then I saw something that interested me. Why don't you go look at the posts before and after my question, then tell me when rvs ended. Your accusation doesn't make sense on many levels. You might even call it busy work.

Who else is on your suspicion list that didn't really engage in rvs? Are kt and dreal on your list for trying to break rvs? Like you said I was doing?

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #275  (isolation #8)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:06 pm

In post 241, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 233, KainTepes wrote:because you are reluctant to reveal your answer,, and insistent on scumreading me for asking this question, and i dont think you have a good reason for trying to stop people from answering my question

I'm reluctant to assume revealing my answer does town any good

I'm not soley SRing because you ask the question, and you simplifying it as such as a way to dismiss the validity of my concerns is even more telling

my reasons are pro-town cautionary

and itseems like you're zoooming as fast as you can to get whatever you can before my CAUTIONARY influence is heeded at all (and you try to discredit my influence at the same time, of course)

people can always reveal in time to come, they can never take it back

do you see my concern?

also, it seems odd that you'd reveal you had such a role too, or that there'd even been one


So far two of my answers didn't come true. Different voting mechanics, and my role preference. I don't think your cautionary is pro town, and I certainly wouldn't call Kain tapes wanting to know anti town or scummy. There's a lot of fallacy in your posts.

Also, people can never take it back. Who would want to take it back? That seems like a scum mindset, not answering cause you can't take it back. Why would you want to?

Why would people lie on the questionnaire? Because they hate themselves?

I personally don't see your overwhelming concern at all. You're not satisfied to not answer, but also continue to argue against anyone else doing it. I don't get that.

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #276  (isolation #9)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:08 pm

And I'm with Ari, I don't buy that you showed concern only for votes on mcmenno because you subconsciously were thinking he was a day 1 early easy lynch for scum. It was really rvs. That's absurd. Maybe MAYBE I'd buy it if there was really pressure and legitimate wagon on him, but that's not even close to what it was

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #277  (isolation #10)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:11 pm

I'm also noting nama calling my question busy work, but dreals questioning rvs votes on mcmenno is not mentioned.

One of them takes actual observation. One of them is about as easy as it gets

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #278  (isolation #11)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:17 pm

In post 244, Narna wrote:
In post 241, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 233, KainTepes wrote:because you are reluctant to reveal your answer,, and insistent on scumreading me for asking this question, and i dont think you have a good reason for trying to stop people from answering my question

I'm reluctant to assume revealing my answer does town any good

I'm not soley SRing because you ask the question, and you simplifying it as such as a way to dismiss the validity of my concerns is even more telling

my reasons are pro-town cautionary

and itseems like you're zoooming as fast as you can to get whatever you can before my CAUTIONARY influence is heeded at all (and you try to discredit my influence at the same time, of course)

people can always reveal in time to come, they can never take it back

do you see my concern?

also, it seems odd that you'd reveal you had such a role too, or that there'd even been one

If revealing shit turns out to be bad for town, it would implicate KT and I think that more likely than not, it would help solve the gamestate down the line. If revealing stuff doesn't effect the game much at all, then it may force scum into lying more. However, given the mod gave a warning about revealing your answers, I don't blame you for being cautious.

But do you get where I'm coming from?


If revealing turns out to be bad for town, how does that implicate KainTepes? Either is AI or NAI. You can't decide that after the fact, because scum or town could ask about it. The results don't determine KainTepes alignment, unless you can convince me otherwise right now.

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #281  (isolation #12)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:20 pm

In post 242, Narna wrote:
In post 239, KainTepes wrote:
In post 237, Narna wrote:
In post 224, Narna wrote:KT, if you tell me your answer to "if you can drive cars", "do you have a job", and "what's your greatest weakness", I'll give you my preferred alignment for the game.


ok i don't mind,,

"cars" = no,
"job" = no,
"what's your greatest weakness" = i am kain tepes...........

I wanted to be

S C U M


Were you trying to be dramatic? Or did you hope if you put in caps like that people might think you were being jokey and not think you got what you asked for? I'm curious why you wrote it like that

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #289  (isolation #13)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:48 pm

In post 282, drealmerz7 wrote:I hate RVS btw and generally try to be as if it isn't happening

you cast a fucking vote, answer for it

"it's RVS" is scumtactics

I fucking hate RVS, and it wasn't even in my head about any votes being RVS, I see votes that I have questions about, I ask
the 2 that caught my interest, both happened to be about mcmenno, that you're trying to make it into something more is really annoying and potentially scummy


More fallacies. Saying an RVS vote is rvs is not scumtactics. You love that buzzword don't you. That is absurdity. Are you really trying to say rvs is scummy? That if you rvs it's scumtactics? Because if you ask why the vote, and I say rvs, and you call scumtactics, what would a town tactic be? That is literally calling rvs scummy

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #290  (isolation #14)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:50 pm

In post 283, drealmerz7 wrote:[quote="In post 275, lane0168
Also, people can never take it back. Who would want to take it back? That seems like a scum mindset, not answering cause you can't take it back. Why would you want to?

Why would people lie on the questionnaire? Because they hate themselves?

I personally don't see your overwhelming concern at all. You're not satisfied to not answer, but also continue to argue against anyone else doing it. I don't get that.

woah misrep all over I can't tell if you're deliberately skewing everything or just totally misunderstand

I'm talking IN GENERAL, when people have information, MORE OFTEN THAN NOT, they spill the information when it would have been better not too, and then it is too late

is that really a hard concept to grasp? no, you're just scumiffying everything you can

VOTE: lane[/quote]

You didn't answer the questions, AND having information is not the same as answering how you answered the questionnaire. You're hiding behind that and I don't know why

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #291  (isolation #15)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:53 pm

In post 288, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 286, Davsto wrote:
In post 285, drealmerz7 wrote:um, I disagree, he's not trying to understand, he's writing his own narratives

Said by the one who said that giving the answers we gave to a questionnaire is pointless because "what if we lied on our questionnaire"?

That's the point reached where you're objecting to something and scrambling for reasons to justify, rather than objecting to something because of those reasons.

misrep or misunderstanding? you decide


Which part is the misrepresentation exactly?

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #296  (isolation #16)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:08 am

In post 293, KainTepes wrote:
In post 290, lane0168 wrote:
In post 283, drealmerz7 wrote:[quote="In post 275, lane0168
Also, people can never take it back. Who would want to take it back? That seems like a scum mindset, not answering cause you can't take it back. Why would you want to?

Why would people lie on the questionnaire? Because they hate themselves?

I personally don't see your overwhelming concern at all. You're not satisfied to not answer, but also continue to argue against anyone else doing it. I don't get that.

woah misrep all over I can't tell if you're deliberately skewing everything or just totally misunderstand

I'm talking IN GENERAL, when people have information, MORE OFTEN THAN NOT, they spill the information when it would have been better not too, and then it is too late

is that really a hard concept to grasp? no, you're just scumiffying everything you can

VOTE: lane


You didn't answer the questions, AND having information is not the same as answering how you answered the questionnaire. You're hiding behind that and I don't know why

why did you VOTE YOURSELF,,


Because dreal fucked up the quote tags

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #302  (isolation #17)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:27 am

In post 301, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 298, drealmerz7 wrote:answer KainTepes
I forgot to do this. It is well known (or at least, I don't make is unknown) that SK is my favourite role. I enjoy third party play in general, thus it is my preference.


Me too. Did you get it? I didn't :(

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #306  (isolation #18)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:50 am

In post 305, KainTepes wrote:
In post 298, drealmerz7 wrote:that's a joke btw

and I'm not responding to all of that shit because it's a distraction and I think my position is clear and I'm tired of it being jerked around and painted scum because I did what I thought was good for the town - I'm clearly not holding anyone's fingers from typing whatever the fuck they want about their answers, don't act like I am

go ahead, answer KainTepes - if you think my caution is scum-motivated, you can just ignore me and answer KT and get on to solving the game that way if that's what you think it is going to do


UNVOTE: Drealm

I don't think drealm's reluctance to have people answer my question is scum-motivated anymore judging by this post,,

going to reread and get MOAR IDEAS,,,,,,,,!!!!


Because he stopped caring if people answer, after getting a bunch of pressure for caring if people answer???

After saying he's tired of his position being painted scum when he's been persistently painting your position as scum?

Which part made you change your mind?

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #309  (isolation #19)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:49 am

In post 307, drealmerz7 wrote:that is just scum-framing through and through, as you've been doing

you obviously don't care to actually try and understand my position


"which part made you change your mind?"

Who's the one scum framing here?

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #310  (isolation #20)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:51 am

In post 307, drealmerz7 wrote:that is just scum-framing through and through, as you've been doing

you obviously don't care to actually try and understand my position


My questions and posts are based on fact and what you actually did. You're the one throwing the shit here. Starting with your first ever response to me.

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #311  (isolation #21)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:56 am

In post 198, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 196, lane0168 wrote:
In post 149, drealmerz7 wrote:why the vote on mcmenno?

In post 155, drealmerz7 wrote:mcmenno, did you poop inside or something?

Can you tell me why you showed concern twice for votes on mcmenno but haven't asked about any other votes?

not really in that context/the way you are framing that, no
I didn't even realize I'd done that until you pointed it out
I was just curious about them more than others, I'd guess (or that I understood others more than those), but there was no "focus" on them for me other than the votes drew my attention

upon reflection now - I have noticed that he gets voted a lot on D1, and I don't quite understand it, and with that knowledge I do think scum may feel they're more likely to get a D1 mislynch on mcmenno than someone else

so maybe it was a subconscious defense of him, having seen that pattern happen in the past and balked at it because I don't understand (that is something I do all the time, in life, balk at what I don't understand if it keeps happening)


I asked a question based purely on the facts of what happen. You start your answer insinuating I'm framing it a certain way, or taking it out of context. Which I wasnt doing whatsoever. You've been trying to tell people and me and we're skewing things, but all my posts and questions are based on fact. And you have the nerve to say I'm scum framing? And Kain is using scum tactics through and through? For things that town often do?

VOTE: drealmerz I wanted to wait and vote nama but this is good

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #359  (isolation #22)  » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:52 am

In post 349, drealmerz7 wrote:you call that effort on a snarky lynch???

noooo, again, that is you just framing a narrative how you want to see it

HORRIBLY OBVIOUSLY TOO


Can we get a counter on dreal's "your just framing your own narrative" or similar posts? He's said it to Kain, me, and davsto. I don't want to go back and count so I'll just start it at 10.

Where's nama?

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #360  (isolation #23)  » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:54 am

We could lynch zefriend too. Waiting to see what he looks like when he scum hunts

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #361  (isolation #24)  » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:09 pm

In post 338, drealmerz7 wrote:with 3? pretty certain, there's bound to be at least 1, and could even be 2 with the sort of scum attention I tend to draw on D1s

they often feel like they can hide on my wagon pretty easily

I am pretty effective evaluating my own wagon, too, feeling who jumps on trying to push the momentum on me or whatever, but 3 is a little small atm

I don't have much reads on ari or dav, but they ping me for potential opportunism at least, ari kind of silently championing lane perhaps?

lane could be towny-cover for either of them, I don't know, of course

if I had to pick I'd say ari+lane more likely duo and dav just mis-guided towny, but is just possible it's 1 scum who has 2 misguided townies and a 2nd scum will jump on to try and push the moment

of course as I say this it changes it all but, meh

things are stale

no one is playing

snarky came in and makes that comment? useless

In post 340, Davsto wrote:
In post 336, drealmerz7 wrote:yo, fellow townies

scum are satisfied to just sit around now and hope we all get frustrated and Yu all reach for LHF (me!)

You're just full of the generic defences aren't you?

"Scum are just using me as an easy lynch"
"Why would scum play like this and draw attention?"
"That's not how I would play as scum"

Could your responses get any more clichéd?

In post 338, drealmerz7 wrote:things are stale

no one is playing
Maybe things would move along quicker if you stopped complaining about the game being stale and started doing things to help move it along other than complain about it being stale and whine about your wagon. Don't just say you're town, show it through your actions and by scumhunting somewhere which isn't conveniently the wagon on you.

snarky came in and makes that comment? useless
That's just how he is, I'm afraid. Most games he's like this.

In post 342, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 340, Davsto wrote:Maybe things would move along quicker if you stopped complaining about the game being stale and started doing things to help move it along other than complain about it being stale and whine about your wagon. Don't just say you're town, show it through your actions and by scumhunting somewhere which isn't conveniently the wagon on you.

I've produced SO MUCH FUCKING MORE CONTENT THAN YOU HAVE, scum - you're not actually trying to sell this narrative, are you?

geezus

and then you say this in defense of 0content poster? :


In post 340, Davsto wrote:
In post 336, drealmerz7 wrote:
snarky came in and makes that comment? useless
That's just how he is, I'm afraid. Most games he's like this.


yeahhhh, you can die

UNVOTE: lame
VOTE: davsto

"Ari +Lane could be scum on my wagon, Dav misguided Town. Our just one scum" - dreal

"you have generic defense, don't complain, do work. Snarky is like this" - davsto

"you're scum! Vote davsto!" - dreal

Can you explain this turn of events after pressure dreal? So far you have literally voted anyone that pressures you. Not a narrative. Fact

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #366  (isolation #25)  » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:52 pm

In post 365, Desperado wrote:I don't even think Dreal is scum. If he IS scum exhibiting this level of town paranoia, I would be highly impressed. Has anyone played with him before?


On one hand, I totally get you. On the other hand, I've been bitten by that thinking before as well. So idk

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #396  (isolation #26)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:09 pm

In post 382, Narna wrote:I'm thinking Davsto v Dreal is tvt

I'm not sold on Davsto's case on Dreal since Lane is twisting words. I see frustrated town make defenses like Dreal's. However, I agree with pretty much everything in #358.

Lane condenses 3 decent sized posts into like 6 sentences, and ignores some of Dreal's other posts around the time that give context in #361 to load the ever living crap out of the question he asks. The question itself was just going to make Dreal repeat himself (buzzword work) which only makes the game harder to read. He then ends the post on a cute little observation that can't really be disputed, and claims to be arguing on facts. That push is shady. I'm more comfortable with my Lane scumread now.

Ari is my second pick at the moment if Lane doesn't get any takers.


I started with the post that dreal calls davsto the probable town. And the next two posts. Show me the context that I excluded, that matters. He calls davsto the town on his wagon. Davsto gives him pressure. He votes davsto. You're right, my cute little observation can't be disputed, because it's fact. He votes the people that pressure him, and somehow you think that's scum hunting or coming from town. I'm not claiming to be arguing on facts, I am arguing on facts. And you're trying to discredit those facts. Except facts can't be discredited

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #397  (isolation #27)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:10 pm

@narna, has dreal voted anyone pressuring him at the time? Everyone? Anyone else that hasn't been pressuring him? How can you try to make me look shady when I'm talking about what is actually happening? Like honestly?

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #398  (isolation #28)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:13 pm

In post 388, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 386, Davsto wrote:Like gosh I should have seen what you said and rather than dare to think "ooh he's threatening to vote" and totally twist your words I should have known you were an anti-lurk gun dayvig

or ask me what I meant

narna thank you for me not being the only one seeing what lane is doing, that is why I totally disengaged that slot - it's scum tactics over and over

moving vote back

UNVOTE: davsto - still think likely scum and have no qualms switching back and forth between these 2 wagons until I feel otherwise

VOTE: lane - definitely scum


Answer me. Tell me how you progressed from davsto being the town on your slot, to thinking me and davsto are likely scum?

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #399  (isolation #29)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:14 pm

In those 3 posts. Don't use anything that doesn't occur between your town read and your vote

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #400  (isolation #30)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:17 pm

In post 376, Narna wrote:
In post 274, lane0168 wrote:
In post 240, Narna wrote:
In post 238, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 234, Narna wrote:Lane's question to Dreal seems like phony busywork.

VOTE: Lane

Even though it might have been the first non-RVS post made in the game? Someone's gotta get the ball rolling right?

I'm trying to get the ball rolling. Lane didn't really engage rvs at all, and he enters the game trying to break rvs by questioning something that didn't seem alignment indicative to me. Dreal's bit on Frank, and KT's question seem like more genuine attempts to break rvs here.


What is busy about it? You're quick on that I think. One post asking a legitimate question. Can you think of any reasons someone might accidentally pay more attention to votes on one person as opposed to another? You say I enter trying to break rvs. How well do you think town does if rvs never ends? I engaged rvs. I voted mcmenno. Then I saw something that interested me. Why don't you go look at the posts before and after my question, then tell me when rvs ended. Your accusation doesn't make sense on many levels. You might even call it busy work.

Who else is on your suspicion list that didn't really engage in rvs? Are kt and dreal on your list for trying to break rvs? Like you said I was doing?

Both of those votes that Dreal questioned were naked votes, and it seemed pretty apparent he was trying to get more than that out of people. The mcmenno association seems like a safe misrep to get a response and seem like you're scumhunting. The rvs thing was poorly thought out, and pretending to scumhunt fits better than "breaking rvs" considering KT and Dreal's serious posting was just before yours. My bad there, but the point is still pretty much that the question falsely associates Dreal with Mcmenno.

I wasn't a fan of Snarky's "hurr modvote" or Frank's first joke from rvs. I mentioned that KT and Dreal's attempts at breaking rvs seemed genuine in the post you quoted.


The bolded, can you tell me how it falsely associates dreal with mcmenno? That may be true, but how can you know that our even imply that? There is only one way you could even imply that this early in the game. Town doesn't know. Scum know

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #401  (isolation #31)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:20 pm

And if it is false, can you tell me why it's bad that I imply that? Being the first post of rvs with a legitimate observation? There's not much to go off of at game start, and you have to start somewhere. You can agree with that no doubt

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #402  (isolation #32)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:21 pm

In post 377, Narna wrote:
In post 277, lane0168 wrote:I'm also noting nama calling my question busy work, but dreals questioning rvs votes on mcmenno is not mentioned.

One of them takes actual observation. One of them is about as easy as it gets

Fair point, I didn't really want to start a huge rvs debate in rvs. Taking rvs too seriously comes from town and scum, and the questions seemed null coming from Dreal.

Your observation doesn't really have a logical conclusion. Scum doesn't typically invite people to talk about their allies during rvs.


Not typically, but possibly?

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #404  (isolation #33)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:29 pm

In post 379, Narna wrote:
In post 278, lane0168 wrote:
In post 244, Narna wrote:
In post 241, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 233, KainTepes wrote:because you are reluctant to reveal your answer,, and insistent on scumreading me for asking this question, and i dont think you have a good reason for trying to stop people from answering my question

I'm reluctant to assume revealing my answer does town any good

I'm not soley SRing because you ask the question, and you simplifying it as such as a way to dismiss the validity of my concerns is even more telling

my reasons are pro-town cautionary

and itseems like you're zoooming as fast as you can to get whatever you can before my CAUTIONARY influence is heeded at all (and you try to discredit my influence at the same time, of course)

people can always reveal in time to come, they can never take it back

do you see my concern?

also, it seems odd that you'd reveal you had such a role too, or that there'd even been one

If revealing shit turns out to be bad for town, it would implicate KT and I think that more likely than not, it would help solve the gamestate down the line. If revealing stuff doesn't effect the game much at all, then it may force scum into lying more. However, given the mod gave a warning about revealing your answers, I don't blame you for being cautious.

But do you get where I'm coming from?


If revealing turns out to be bad for town, how does that implicate KainTepes? Either is AI or NAI. You can't decide that after the fact, because scum or town could ask about it. The results don't determine KainTepes alignment, unless you can convince me otherwise right now.

If you do something that has an anti town result, you're likely to be implicated. Would you be suspicious of people who lead a mislynch? Of course the results alone don't determine everything. I used "implicate" for a reason, and you are putting words in my mouth.


No, scum can't mislynch on their own, in fact the majority of mislynches are voted by town, aside from lylo.

I just don't think in this case it implicates either. Dreal or Kain tepes.

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #423  (isolation #34)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:13 pm

In post 420, FrankJaeger wrote:Prod recieved. Need to vla until the 23rd. Ill be able to check in a few times while vla

VOTE: lane

His push on drealm didn't look genuine.

Drealm freaking out seems town, but im sure he is aware of his most recent scum meta. Im still thinking hes town though.

Ive got another scum read but i need to see what plays out before I give it any wieght.

Yea so thats about all i got right now.


Awesome. Drops a vote and vla's til the 23rd. He better check in

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #427  (isolation #35)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:54 pm

Pre ins have filled. I'll message the rest when the game is in sign ups.

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #444  (isolation #36)  » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:44 pm

In post 438, FrankJaeger wrote:To expand a bit on my lane read-

A quick ISO shows a fair amount of fence sitting. Stuff like "it could be this, but it could be this".

Pushing dreal over the questionnairrie thing like he did seemed forced but meh idk its D1.

He also talks about his own actions a little more than needed. Like hes subtly saying " i did this and thats town"


Quotes or die

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #448  (isolation #37)  » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:34 pm

Jeez you guys make compelling cases

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #552  (isolation #38)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:07 am

Narna.... Come out come out wherever you are

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #582  (isolation #39)  » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:55 am

In post 438, FrankJaeger wrote:To expand a bit on my lane read-

A quick ISO shows a fair amount of fence sitting. Stuff like "it could be this, but it could be this".

Pushing dreal over the questionnairrie thing like he did seemed forced but meh idk its D1.

He also talks about his own actions a little more than needed. Like hes subtly saying " i did this and thats town"


Hurry up Frank. You need to answer for this. I questioned and said I didn't understand why he was so against it. But the questionnaire has virtually nothing to do with my push. And I'm pretty sure you won't find any fence sitting, but that's funny you're fence sitting in the very next paragraph... And where, anywhere did i insinuate "I did this and that's town"?

Those entire post is total bull shit. And I'm looking forward to him providing any sort of basis for it

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #583  (isolation #40)  » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:04 am

In post 400, lane0168 wrote:
In post 376, Narna wrote:
In post 274, lane0168 wrote:
In post 240, Narna wrote:
In post 238, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 234, Narna wrote:Lane's question to Dreal seems like phony busywork.

VOTE: Lane

Even though it might have been the first non-RVS post made in the game? Someone's gotta get the ball rolling right?

I'm trying to get the ball rolling. Lane didn't really engage rvs at all, and he enters the game trying to break rvs by questioning something that didn't seem alignment indicative to me. Dreal's bit on Frank, and KT's question seem like more genuine attempts to break rvs here.


What is busy about it? You're quick on that I think. One post asking a legitimate question. Can you think of any reasons someone might accidentally pay more attention to votes on one person as opposed to another? You say I enter trying to break rvs. How well do you think town does if rvs never ends? I engaged rvs. I voted mcmenno. Then I saw something that interested me. Why don't you go look at the posts before and after my question, then tell me when rvs ended. Your accusation doesn't make sense on many levels. You might even call it busy work.

Who else is on your suspicion list that didn't really engage in rvs? Are kt and dreal on your list for trying to break rvs? Like you said I was doing?

Both of those votes that Dreal questioned were naked votes, and it seemed pretty apparent he was trying to get more than that out of people. The mcmenno association seems like a safe misrep to get a response and seem like you're scumhunting. The rvs thing was poorly thought out, and pretending to scumhunt fits better than "breaking rvs" considering KT and Dreal's serious posting was just before yours. My bad there, but the point is still pretty much that the question falsely associates Dreal with Mcmenno.

I wasn't a fan of Snarky's "hurr modvote" or Frank's first joke from rvs. I mentioned that KT and Dreal's attempts at breaking rvs seemed genuine in the post you quoted.


The bolded, can you tell me how it falsely associates dreal with mcmenno? That may be true, but how can you know that our even imply that? There is only one way you could even imply that this early in the game. Town doesn't know. Scum know

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #584  (isolation #41)  » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:05 am

And dreal still hasn't explained how his read on davsto went from town to scum in a matter of 1 post

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #591  (isolation #42)  » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:08 pm

In post 589, Desperado wrote:OK, is two days old and absolutely nothing has changed. We have five days.

@ Azral, KainTepes, zefriend, dreal, Gamma:

Why aren't you voting one of dreal/lane/davsto? Your wagon/non vote is doing nothing but you also aren't doing anything to diffuse the leading wagons.

@ Davsto, lane

Seriously, stop voting dreal. Look elsewhere.

@ Narna

Your lane vote blows and you've offered two alternatives "if lane doesn't have any takers." Well, we're here.


"why aren't you guys voting dreal lane or davsto"

"why are you guys voting dreal"

... Did you just suggest dreal as a viable wagon? And then ask why we're voting there? Cause that's weird.

What's id lynch Frank for his bs case on me. And I'd vote Narna if it was worth it.

But I'm staying in dreal, because I'm not voting davsto, and I'm not voting myself. Like you said. 5 days

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #596  (isolation #43)  » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:30 pm

In post 587, Gamma Emerald wrote:I see why dreal is being voted
anyone yall feel should be trusted?


I'll trade with you

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #607  (isolation #44)  » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:52 am

In post 605, Narna wrote:Just look at Lane twist Desp's shit in here
In post 591, lane0168 wrote:
In post 589, Desperado wrote:OK, is two days old and absolutely nothing has changed. We have five days.

@ Azral, KainTepes, zefriend, dreal, Gamma:

Why aren't you voting one of dreal/lane/davsto? Your wagon/non vote is doing nothing but you also aren't doing anything to diffuse the leading wagons.

@ Davsto, lane

Seriously, stop voting dreal. Look elsewhere.

@ Narna

Your lane vote blows and you've offered two alternatives "if lane doesn't have any takers." Well, we're here.


"why aren't you guys voting dreal lane or davsto"

"why are you guys voting dreal"

... Did you just suggest dreal as a viable wagon? And then ask why we're voting there? Cause that's weird.

What's id lynch Frank for his bs case on me. And I'd vote Narna if it was worth it.

But I'm staying in dreal, because I'm not voting davsto, and I'm not voting myself. Like you said. 5 days

Does my vote still blow? This is such a scummy way to push people.

@Desperado Do you think Ari is active lurking? Ari actually looks like they are trying to fit in, unlike Mcmenno's lurk.


I wasn't pushing anything here, and honestly how is that twisting words whatsoever? You're making shit up now. You've seen me push dreal, and I've pushed you. Does this really look like a push on desp? Desp is a town read. You're awful. But keep trying

lane0168
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2011
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #608  (isolation #45)  » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:55 am

VOTE: narna


[ + ]

Return to Coney Island