Donald Trump

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Lurker
Goon

Pronoun: He

Post Post #10245  (isolation #0)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:09 pm

Looks like racist is the go-to buzzword here. This is going to be a fun read.

Lurker
Goon

Post Post #10247  (isolation #1)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:14 pm

In post 10246, theplague42 wrote:
In post 10245, Lurker wrote:Looks like racist is the go-to buzzword here. This is going to be a fun read.

Sexist just doesn't have the same ring.

Only minor name calling? A civil conversation? That's nice to hear. Hopefully I won't have to dig too far to figure out what the topic as of right now is.

Lurker
Goon

Post Post #10251  (isolation #2)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:23 pm

In post 10249, Psyche wrote:
In post 10245, Lurker wrote:Looks like racist is the go-to buzzword here. This is going to be a fun read.

i prefer the phrase "recurring theme"

This a thread for civil discussion? My social media is cuck libtard trumpette and a few others. I just want to know if I'm to expect intellectual honesty relatively speaking, I'm interested in what I've seen so far.

Lurker
Goon

Post Post #10390  (isolation #3)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:03 pm

Besides, the "real news" (This is not a position regarding previous posts) is these confirmation hearings right now. At least that's what I'm trying to focus on.

Lurker
Goon

Post Post #10452  (isolation #4)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:29 pm

I'm 3 Days late since the article was published , but Washington post has already bailed on the term fake news.

Not sure if the other outlets are going to bail on it if Trump uses the term much more.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... 95c787486f

Lurker
Goon

Post Post #10680  (isolation #5)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:57 pm

In post 10381, Psyche wrote:i just don't think karnos would be singing this tune if the unverified claims were about, say, a child sex ring in a boston pizza parlor

I've been to the Voat where the current investigation is going on.

It's a war zone down there.

Lurker
Goon

Post Post #10694  (isolation #6)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:16 pm

In post 10687, inte wrote:
In post 10680, Lurker wrote:
In post 10381, Psyche wrote:i just don't think karnos would be singing this tune if the unverified claims were about, say, a child sex ring in a boston pizza parlor

I've been to the Voat where the current investigation is going on.

It's a war zone down there.

oh you mean neo-4chan where literal pedos, racists, misogynists flocked to in 'protest' so they wont be 'censored' by the librul platform that is reddit.

xxxxxdddddddddddd i would totally take anything there seriously

I'm not weighing in on their content, I do however think that this idea that Voat is a safe space isn't necessarily true.

It doesn't have some of the issues reddit has, but at the epicenter of activity, it's got many problems too, some even exclusive to the platform.

There have been Mod Coups, Doxxing, DDOS attempts, Brigading, perceived Astroturfing (The amount and extent is also a contentious topic, even there). It's just harder to know unless you look around a bit.

Lurker
Goon

Post Post #10708  (isolation #7)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:12 pm

In post 10707, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 10705, karnos wrote:Like I said, it doesn't matter. It's a false flag attack. It's a nutjob who beleives all the conspiracy theories. Either way makes no difference to me.

Another dodge.

The question is: do YOU believe conspiracy theories? Are YOU able to differentiate between a conspiracy theory and reality?

Just remember: There's a conspiracy theory about the phrase "Conspiracy theory". To a true believer, this won't faze them.

Lurker
Goon

Post Post #10921  (isolation #8)  » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:51 pm

In post 10896, chamber wrote:
In post 10894, karnos wrote:
In post 10890, Annadog40 wrote:Can you name an example of a job that can't be overtaken by a robot down the line?

We've been through this. In a few billion years, the sun is going to burn out and all life on earth will end. That isn't a reason to give up now without a fight.

If we can create more jobs now, why not do it? This defeatist attitude that "well, someday all those jobs will be gone" doesn't help anybody, and it's basically irrelevant to the issues we face right now today. The truth is, today those jobs are not yet gone. We can either get them here in our country, or we can go further in debt to China and let China be the country with all the money when the race truly does end.

The time scales are completely different. Full automation of everything we currently think of as work could very plausibly happen within decades much less our lifetimes.

What are Elon's estimates for getting to Mars? This could be an interesting race.

[ + ]

Return to General Discussion