Donald Trump

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #7939  (isolation #400)  » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:59 pm

In post 7932, pisskop wrote:I think its a bitter pill. And that its demeaning. And that, knowing as I do, and placed into their shoes, I would find quiet insult with it.

I don't pisskop. I don't think I can change your mind. All I really have at this point is anecdotal evidence that disagrees with you. Most black people I've worked with and got along well enough to have a conversation about race have generally felt lucky to be where they are and happy to be financially comfortable while not breaking the law. And they still tend to view their jobs as fragile if the ax is coming down.

In the end I can't really argue if the quiet insult is really as horrible as you think it is. Because I can't really speak for black people. So I think I just have to leave the conversation there.

But thank you very much. This was a really nice dialogue.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #7954  (isolation #401)  » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:35 pm

In post 7943, Ranmaru wrote:
In post 7939, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 7932, pisskop wrote:I think its a bitter pill. And that its demeaning. And that, knowing as I do, and placed into their shoes, I would find quiet insult with it.

I don't pisskop. I don't think I can change your mind. All I really have at this point is anecdotal evidence that disagrees with you. Most black people I've worked with and got along well enough to have a conversation about race have generally felt lucky to be where they are and happy to be financially comfortable while not breaking the law. And they still tend to view their jobs as fragile if the ax is coming down.

Underlined, I don't think you can really use that 'against' him. I think it would be more valid to say that it only adds to what he is saying. Meaning, I feel again, we have to consider it together. His experiences are just as valid as any other, and the anecdotal experiences you bring. I don't think it's right to bring it up as a reason as why he is wrong. They are comfortable, so they feel no need to help their fellow black man. Being given support possibly gives them no burning passion to actually influence change for their own people, to become a leader. If I was in their position, I'd probably elect to stay within that position. Especially if I had family too.

What are you on about?

Take notice of the sentence right before what you underlined. I acknowledge that this likely won't sway him. All I'm doing is explaining my POV as an explanation of why I don't agree. I'm not discounting his experiences at all.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #7964  (isolation #402)  » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:32 am

Both sides are bad, so vote Republican.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8071  (isolation #403)  » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:30 pm

In post 7999, inte wrote:sure in the 1300s the mongols were raping and pillaging shit.

:igmeou:

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8083  (isolation #404)  » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:47 pm

In post 8077, Psyche wrote:
In post 8070, Fluminator wrote:Speaking of which. One of the mysteries of this site to me is how some of you people have so much free time to research so many facts and studies.

the secret is that it's actually really easy

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8098  (isolation #405)  » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:55 pm

In post 8087, karnos wrote:i'm thinking horrible racist thoughts right now, just to piss you off.

What are you going to do about it?

I'm obviously lying, just trolling you. Or am I? You can't know. There is no mind reading device. You can't control how people think, no matter how hard you try.

I'm 100% against stupid unenforceable laws. You ever heard of innocent until proven guilty? You will NEVER prove someone guilty of a thought, unless that thought led to words or actions.

Well, you voted Trump. So that was an action......

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8106  (isolation #406)  » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:03 pm

In post 8100, karnos wrote:
In post 8098, Kublai Khan wrote:Well, you voted Trump. So that was an action......

Good old KK, calling 49% of the voting population racist.

Well 46%. But not all of them are racist. Some of them are rubes.

I was actually giving you something easy and offensive to respond to so you could duck GreyICE's questions. Seeing as you don't have an answer for them.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8135  (isolation #407)  » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:28 pm

In post 8132, karnos wrote:
In post 8130, theplague42 wrote:
In post 8122, karnos wrote:But the focus should be on stopping all discrimination, not on racial discrimination alone. Race should never be mentioned in a law.

Here you imply the solution to discrimination involves not mentioning race.

Treating races differently *is* discrimination. A law that does so is enforcing discrimination, not stopping it.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8145  (isolation #408)  » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:15 pm

In post 8143, karnos wrote:Help the people who actually need help, not the mathematically "more troubled" minorities.

Math has a liberal bias.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8161  (isolation #409)  » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:10 pm

In post 8147, karnos wrote:If you lived in some bizarre non-reality where the only option was to help an entire race, then it makes sense to help the race that is hurting the most. Luckily reality is much more rational. We can actually help the PEOPLE who need help, regardless of skin color.

All people do currently get help (until Republicans gut medicare, welfare, and other government programs).

You've back to the analogy. 10 houses in a neighborhood. 1 of them is on fire. All the houses have equal access to the fire department, therefore all houses should get an equal amount of water.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8167  (isolation #410)  » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:24 pm

In post 8159, Garmr wrote:Also slavery has been fixed in America.

Why do conservatives keep announcing a half-finished job as "Fixed!"?

I mean, I get that slavery has been outlawed. But there is an issue that millions of people were displaced, stripped of everything, brutally beaten and murdered, and made to work for no wages for over a hundred years. Then after having to literally fight a bloody war to get people to stop owning slaves, they were terrorized and treated as second class citizens and suffered many state and local barriers to having their full legal rights for another near-hundred years (This happened only 50 years ago! Your parents might have been alive then!).

But yeah, I guess you're right. They are totally on equal footing with every other race now. Hell, karnos heard some of them were wealthy so the problem is totally fixed. I bet rap music is to blame.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8174  (isolation #411)  » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:22 pm

In post 8173, Psyche wrote:what a textbook example of what's wrong with how karnos posts

You could program a karnos-bot.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8182  (isolation #412)  » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:03 pm

In post 8178, Psyche wrote:You can determine your own implicit racial attitudes by going to implicit.harvard.edu.

You know saying stuff like that just encourages people to drop what they are doing and go take an online quiz.

Spoiler:
Your result:

Your data suggest no automatic preference between Dark Skinned People and Light Skinned People.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8192  (isolation #413)  » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:51 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8238  (isolation #414)  » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:08 pm

Oh hey. Accountant and karnos are arguing. This will be productive since both are so adept at changing their viewpoints to accommodate new information.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8284  (isolation #415)  » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:47 pm

In post 7433, theplague42 wrote:The deal only saved ~800 jobs total. Of the 1100 that are staying, 300 were never in danger. They're still shipping 1300 out.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/08/news/co ... index.html

Carrier is going to invest a lot of money into automation. So many of those low-wage high-turnover "save" jobs will eventually be lost.

All together, U.S. factories are actually producing more products today than they did in the post-World War II era, according to the Federal Reserve's reading on manufacturing output. Output at U.S. factories is up 150% in last 40 years. But U.S. manufacturing jobs have plunged by more than 30% in that same period. And automation is a big reason why.

I know karnos will simplify everything by blaming Obama for "losing jobs" or praising Trump for "saving jobs", but things are more complex than that. I think decades of right-wing denigrating of the concept of union has sped up the idea of automation.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8285  (isolation #416)  » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:24 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/09/politics/ ... r-up-chant

Crowd at Trump's Victory Gin Tour: "Lock her up! Lock her up!"
Trump to crowd: "That plays great before the election -- now we don't care, right?"

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8288  (isolation #417)  » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:39 pm

In post 8286, pisskop wrote:Wait, you mean politicians play upon our emotions to get elected? :o

But the Donnie fans really believed that Clinton was corrupt and she would be investigated and put in jail.

They also believed that Trump would "Drain the Swamp", but he just hired his third Goldman Sachs exec, so...

Also, I may be feeling a little punchy at the whole "Liberals lost because they talked down to conservatives and told them they were dumb for voting Trump". Every promise that Trump is reneging on is a promise that the sign-waving fans really believe would happen and were fools to do so.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8301  (isolation #418)  » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:34 pm

In post 8300, Garmr wrote:Why not use a single transferable vote like Australia all your problems and complaints about gerrymandering will be solved.

It literally gets dismissed as "un-American".

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8309  (isolation #419)  » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:41 pm

In post 8307, Aeronaut wrote:Isn't it a fun fact that a republican hasn't won the popular vote for 29 years?

What about 2012?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8320  (isolation #420)  » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:55 pm

In post 8311, Maestro wrote:
In post 8309, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 8307, Aeronaut wrote:Isn't it a fun fact that a republican hasn't won the popular vote for 29 years?

What about 2012?

IDK about the other years, but

Obama 65,915,795
Romney 60,933,504

according to Wikipedia, which I wouldn't normally cite except it was 4 years ago and it's public record

Aw, damn. I meant to type either 2004 or 12 years ago but my brain mash them together and said "2012". :facepalm:

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8358  (isolation #421)  » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:24 pm

So.. does karnos think that Al Gore is a climatologist? Or anything other than a politician?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8401  (isolation #422)  » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:49 pm

In post 8359, karnos wrote:
In post 8358, Kublai Khan wrote:So.. does karnos think that Al Gore is a climatologist? Or anything other than a politician?
There is that moving of the goalposts I was talking about, right on schedule.
It's not goalpost moving at all. Don't use terms you don't understand.

Al Gore is a former Vice-President, a former Senator, and a self-described environmentalist. He does not have a degree in climatology. He does not research climate science for a living. He is an activist, which means he tries to convince people to donate money to a cause. So he either exaggerates or misinterprets data. If you want to refute the idea of anthropogenic climate change, then refute the actual scientist's conclusions.

In post 8360, karnos wrote:Though it is interesting that Al Gore gets a free pass on lying, as a politician, while you will jump on every little thing that Trump writes that has yet to be proven to be 100% true.

Interesting how you give Trump a free pass on lying... etc..

In post 8371, karnos wrote:
In post 8368, Aeronaut wrote:You understand that we've already seen this happening all over the world, right? Sea levels are rising. It's a fact. Just because al Gore wasn't right about the speed in which it's happening doesn't mean it's not. The Netherlands aren't going to exist in 50 years, because half their islands will be enveloped. Let that sink in
So fucking what?
karnos doesn't care about Dutch people.

I can tell you that tonight, the sun is going to seemingly disappear and leave our land in darkness for some time. That doesn't mean it's caused by humans, and it also doesn't mean you should spend billions of dollars studying the problem of why the sun goes down at night.

This is such a dumb argument, I'm not sure you realize how dumb it is. Nobody is saying that all natural processes are caused by humans. But research into the relationship between the Sun and the Earth was a major scientific breakthrough and led to many scientific, cultural, and engineering advances.

Climate change is real. Sure.

Great. Agreed.

Climate change is caused by humans. Provably false, as we have had multiple ice ages in the past.

That doesn't prove it false. The cause of previous ice ages have been mostly identified. There is typically a specific cause like volcanic eruptions or meteor impact which raise the amount of particulate matter in the atmosphere (reflecting/refracting sunlight). The ice ages will usually end when vegetation dies off (because lower amounts of sunlight) cause measurable increases in greenhouse gases (carbon dioxide, methane, NOx). This is has been catalogued by examining bubbles of atmosphere in ice formed in places like Antarctica at the time of the ice age in question.

Okay, than this specific case of climate change is caused by humans. Probably, maybe, but what does that mean?

Remember that increases in greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide and methane (and NOx) usually precede the ends of ice ages (because they trap in heat like a greenhouse)? If we are releasing those gases into the atmosphere in waste products, then we are impacting the makeup of the atmosphere.

This case of climate change is going to leave the earth doomed in a few years. Proven false the last few times it was predicted, but this time is for real?

Haven't you heard the story of the boy who cries wolf?

I agree that activists have made the doom & gloom predictions too often, but then again the NRA warns about gun-grabbing Democrats every 4 years and people believe it.

Besides, some would argue that a little warming would be a good thing, maybe in a post-warming world Canada will be able to support life, as an example.

Some may argue it, but those people are wrong. They should talk to farmers about how weather and climate predictability is a good thing. Droughts, floods, dustbowls, etc would be hell on crop yields and they can't just up and move farm equipment up North on a whim. Also, Canada supports plenty of life. Climate change would decrease biodiversity though, which is also super-bad.

We need strict pollution laws to fight climate change in the USA, while China, Russia, India, Mexico keep on building more factories! I thought the change was global? Do you really think anything is going to be solved merely by pushing it outside of our national boarders?

Gosh, if only we got together with other leaders and made plans to try to encourage global change, compare research, and work out plans for decreasing greenhouse gas output. Wait, we do. Word leaders are trying to use economic incentives to reduce emissions instead of outlawing them entirely. Places like India, China, and Mexico are building factories, but they are factories with much stricter anti-pollution laws than the US has had. Weren't you once arguing how stupid it was that India was refusing to use it's coal deposits because of environmentalists?

I have just never been wrong

:roll: :facepalm:

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8427  (isolation #423)  » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:44 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8484  (isolation #424)  » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:10 pm

In post 8428, karnos wrote:
In post 8401, Kublai Khan wrote:Al Gore is a former Vice-President, a former Senator, and a self-described environmentalist. He does not have a degree in climatology.
Neither do you, you moron.

If you are going to use an idiotic "appeal to authority" argument, then anything you or aeronaut or anyone else says in this thread is completely irrelevant. Great job at destroying your own argument.
Okay..

Y'know, you're being receptive to GreyICE's science lesson, so I really don't want to interrupt and be nasty.

Instead, let me just explain that I don't think I was making an appeal to authority. In asking you to ignore Al Gore and go straight to the climatologists and the science, I'm trying to eliminate a middleman between you and the tested rules of physical reality.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8504  (isolation #425)  » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:10 pm

In post 8502, Persivul wrote:
In post 8499, Aeronaut wrote:they literally did influence the election

By releasing things Dems actually wrote...which they obtained because Dems are incompetent with cyber security.

They also hacked the RNC, but didn't release anything. Weird, huh?

They had the opportunity to embarrass/damage both parties, but only did it to one to the advantage of the other.

So to repeat Aeronaut's point: they literally did influence the election.

Why are you okay with this? Party before country?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8505  (isolation #426)  » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:21 pm

In post 8491, karnos wrote:
In post 8481, GreyICE wrote:
In post 8473, karnos wrote:You are covering stuff I am more familiar with now, but it's nice to see the progression anyway. But I think I can predict the end and it's not really going to answer any of my complaints :P

But it literally answers all of them. What principle do you think lacks evidence? As you increase the amount of greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere you shift the radiative balance, forcing the earth's temperature to rise.
It really doesn't.

My issue is: what good does it do to move a factory from US soil to China? Does China have it's own atmosphere, seperate from the rest of the world? No, it doesn't.

All the stuff you painstaking explained IS NOT FIXED by pushing the pollution outside of our national borders.

Ah. GreyICE missed the principle of TWO WRONGS MAKE A RIGHT.

Yes the US is second to China in terms of stuff like CO2 emissions, so China definitely needs to stop as well. Is being second place really a good enough reason to be making an argument of "nuh-uh they are doing it too!"

As an aside, you also didn't prove that there is actually a problem. The earth has gone through many phases of temperature change over billions of years. Will there be coastal flooding? Sure, it's possible, certain even if the temperature goes up high enough. Maybe people who live on the coasts should move, you think? Change is not inherently bad or devastating.

Edit: we don't ban people from living in stupid places like California, even though it's a known fact that there will be more earthquakes.

-If change can somehow be proven to be really really bad, then there needs to be proof that we can actually prevent it- hamstringing our technology and growth potential and still failing to solve the problem is even worse than ignoring the problem.

-If you can prove that we can make changes to stop the really bad results of climate change, you need to prove that the entire world is going to go along with it and make the same changes. This is one of those game theory situations where the player who cheats wins big at the expense of everyone else losing big, that is a massive huge incentive to cheat.

Ah. GreyICE didn't take into account the FUCK YOU, I GOT MINE conservative right-wing principle.

"Things were different before people were around, therefore it won't be any sort of disruption to people if things drastically change again". Really? REALLY?

Ugh. I'll get bad to this once work is over.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8539  (isolation #427)  » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:13 pm

In post 8521, Persivul wrote:
In post 8504, Kublai Khan wrote:They also hacked the RNC, but didn't release anything. Weird, huh?

Yeah, I didn't dispute it.
Why are you okay with this? Party before country?

Why shouldn't I be? Were you okay with lots of other leaders endorsing Hillary?

You think that "I think this candidate would do a good job" is the EXACT SAME as "here is some dirt on this candidate"??? :eek:

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8548  (isolation #428)  » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:36 pm

In post 8515, Fluminator wrote:I'm agreeing that Russia was trying to interfere with the election. That's all

Do you actually really believe that Clinton would go to war with Russia?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8584  (isolation #429)  » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:08 pm

In post 8559, karnos wrote:
In post 8558, Accountant wrote:Great! I'm sure you'll be a supporter for higher environmental standards then.
My standards are very high, which is why I am wholly opposed to spending money on dubious environmental claims.

But you don't actually understand anything about the environment. How can you have any standards?

Is your policy to just say no to everything and then claim that your standards must be high because you accept nothing?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8593  (isolation #430)  » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:07 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8595  (isolation #431)  » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:22 pm

In post 8594, Garmr wrote:Only 43 percent think his bellow average the rest think his average or above

Well, that certainly is a spin on those numbers.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8621  (isolation #432)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:01 pm

In post 8618, pisskop wrote:I have a zero confidence vote in the US actually doing anything about Russia.

Pretty much.

They can just move their tanks whereever they want to because the US is basically a lapdog for the next 4 years.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8630  (isolation #433)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:41 pm

In post 8627, pisskop wrote:Sanctions are a joke, and they were immediately ignored when convenient.

Imperialist russia is dead. That they walked into another land and babaysat it suprised me. They do the blocs much better.

Yeah, the Crimea invasion surprised me as well. I don't think Imperialist Russia is as dead as you think. I think they were flexing a little muscle to see what the international response was. Since the response was lackluster, I wouldn't be surprised if they annex more of "their" former territory.

Though honestly I just don't know Putin that well (if I had time I'd research him more).

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8639  (isolation #434)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:58 pm

Thursday's rally in Hershey, Pennsylvania, found the president-elect calling for the mostly white crowd to cheer for African-Americans who were "smart" to heed his message and therefore "didn't come out to vote" for his Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton.

"That was the big thing, so thank you to the African-American community," Trump said.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trump ... not-voting

President-elect Donald Trump said Thursday he will nominate campaign adviser David Friedman, a bankruptcy lawyer with hardline views on Israel, to serve as US ambassador to the country.

In a statement issued by Trump's transition team, Friedman said he looked forward to moving the US embassy to "Israel's eternal capital, Jerusalem."
That would fulfill a promise made by Trump on the campaign trail to relocate the diplomatic mission from Tel Aviv, upending decades of US policy.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/15/politics/ ... index.html

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8642  (isolation #435)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:25 pm

In post 8638, pisskop wrote:I would be more entertained if we did

Spoiler: For pisskop's entertainment

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8646  (isolation #436)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:35 pm

In post 8643, pisskop wrote:*yawn*

Dont piss on my head and call it rain. We wont be having a conventional war with russia, and if we invaded we would be starting a 3rd world war

No, we won't. But you can't joke about that. Trump started off as a joke, and now we've learned that we can't brush off jokes. No more mixing humor and politics.

Sanctions are the one of the only nonviolent ways to solve the problems of a country annexing its neighbors.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8649  (isolation #437)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:43 pm

In post 8648, pisskop wrote:OFC russia supports trump, trump wants to lift sanctions to start trade with russia. theres money in the opportunity. Want to lend me a few thousand dollars so I may also benefit from this?

That's good for Trump.

Is it also good for America?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8665  (isolation #438)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:55 pm

In post 8652, pisskop wrote:dont piss on my head and act like this helps the average middle class person. or the working class.

In post 8643, pisskop wrote:Dont piss on my head and call it rain. We wont be having a conventional war with russia, and if we invaded we would be starting a 3rd world war

Okay, we get it pisskop. You're anti-trickle down economics. :lol:

(Sorry. Tired and tipsy and don't have anything to add at the moment.)

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8673  (isolation #439)  » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:38 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8735  (isolation #440)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:18 pm

In post 8705, inte wrote:
In post 8697, Garmr wrote:No offence but even if Russia had ties with Donald trump didn't hillary have ties with Saudi Arabia and quatar as they spent money to help fund her campaign.

In post 8698, Fluminator wrote:They've donated to the Clinton foundation before. They haven't actively spent money on her campaign though from what I understand. She is in favor of being allied with them for some strange reason (which I'm sure has nothing to do with them donating to the foundation)
When they donated to the foundation though, it became a top priority for secretary Clinton to deliver weapons to Saudi Arabia. http://www.state.gov/t/pm/rls/rm/149749.htm (I'm sure it had nothing to do with the donation though)
And the fact that they're allied with Saudi Arabia and Qatar just shows how hypocritical they are about the environment and human rights. Poor Yemen.

In post 8699, karnos wrote:Whats damning to me isn't just all the foreign donations that the Clinton Foundation has received, but the fact that they ceased as soon as she lost the election.

"b-b-b-but what about shillary!!!!!"

she lost, get over it. hillary clinton cannot be used as a deflector anymore

THey have to keep comparing Trump to how bad they imagine Hillary is. Otherwise they would have to sober up to the fact that a celebrity game show host is the leader of the free world.

Trump engaging in crony capitalism? It's fine because Clinton used e-mail.
Trump filling his cabinet with billionaire lobbyists? It's fine because Clinton had a charity.
Trump backing off his biggest campaign promises during his rallies? It's fine because Clinton uh.. ate pizza with Ben Ghazi or something. Doesn't matter.
Trump straining relationships with China before he steps into office? It's fine because Clinton grabbed a woman by the pussy.... wait, is that right? Eh, Probably. Boo Clinton!

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8744  (isolation #441)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:13 pm

It's okay, Flum. You can let obviously tongue-in-cheek commentary go by without fact-checking it. You are not a hero.

Did you explain yourself for the other thing yet?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8745  (isolation #442)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:27 pm

http://gizmodo.com/remaining-fcc-commis ... 1790363416

The FCC’s net neutrality rules are returning to the crosshairs of Republicans. Two of the remaining FCC commissioners, both members of the GOP, have promised internet service providers (ISPs) lobbying groups they will begin gutting net neutrality rules “as soon as possible.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8747  (isolation #443)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:35 pm

Holy fuck, Flum. I don't care about the election anymore. Clinton lost and I stopped giving a shit.

I have no idea why we are still talking about someone who lost an election. I'm poking fun at people that are constantly bringing her up like it's still important at this point. Like you.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8750  (isolation #444)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:46 pm

I honestly don't care about your whisperings of "deep corruption" when there is going to be a plethora of just open corruption occurring in the next four years.

I don't give a shit about the election in that I'm not still busy "evaluating" the choice between Trump and Clinton. Why are they still being compared? No matter how horrible and corrupt you think Clinton would have been, Trump is going to be worse. Mark my words.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8752  (isolation #445)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:58 pm

Flum, did you take the time to look into the thing I linked? ?

The head Democrat on the FCC commission is stepping down and the GOP commissioners are telling ISP lobbyists that they will gut Net Neutrality soon. Do you understand what that means?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8794  (isolation #446)  » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:58 pm

Hows that war on christmas going?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8819  (isolation #447)  » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:37 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8828  (isolation #448)  » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:43 pm

In post 8824, T S O wrote:
In post 8819, Kublai Khan wrote:The pro-Trump crown probably shouldn't read this (kuribo will like it though)

Your tears, Kublai. So nourishing. Your butthurt. So heartwarming.

I'm not crying. And the butthurt hasn't started yet. But don't worry, you'll feel it too. Trump won't be gentle because you were dumb enough to support him.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8838  (isolation #449)  » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:54 am

In post 8836, pisskop wrote:Or Merry Time of Ancient Roman Murder Festivals

Well, okay. I'm glad you're inclusive.

Merry Xmas to you too.

P.Edit: Aw, you had to ruin it with smug. You got smug all over it.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8857  (isolation #450)  » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:22 pm

In post 8853, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 8850, pisskop wrote:kek.

Its not about where it came from, its about what it stands for now.
Nor is it about what religion is or isnt prevalent in this country.

Im positive you just want to pick a fight for the sake of it rn.

I don't want to pick a fight. I just don't understand why so many people believe there is a war on Christmas.
Someone at school asked me, just out of the blue btw, "Now that Drumpf is elected can I say 'Merry Christmas?'"
You could always say it, no one was stopping you before and no one is trying to stop you now. Apparently atheists joining in on Christmas celebration is vile or something as well. Idk, it just seems like people are making a big deal out of "Happy Holidays."

It's basically that (some) Christians feel like they should take center stage in everything because they are the dominant religion. If they are not allowed to be center stage, then they are oppressed.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8865  (isolation #451)  » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:12 pm

In post 8862, Dwlee99 wrote:http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/the-war-on-christmas

That's sad and hilarious actually.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8977  (isolation #452)  » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:32 pm

In post 8973, Dwlee99 wrote:
DonaldJTrump.com wrote:Protect the economic well-being of the lawful immigrants already living here by curbing uncontrolled foreign worker admissions
Select immigrants based on their likelihood of success in the U.S. and their ability to be financially self-sufficient.
Vet applicants to ensure they support America’s values, institutions and people, and temporarily suspend immigration from regions that export terrorism and where safe vetting cannot presently be ensured.
Enforce the immigration laws of the United States and restore the Constitutional rule of law upon which America’s prosperity and security depend.

Okay, so literally exactly what CNN said...

The push to discredit any news organization that might possibly embarrass the marmalade mussolini by directly quoting him will be a continuing campaign throughout the next 4 years.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9048  (isolation #453)  » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:00 pm

@karnos - Are there any liberal policies or ideas that you do support?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9053  (isolation #454)  » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:14 pm

In post 9051, theplague42 wrote:Trump called it a "big loss" and said it would be harder to achieve peace. A peace that I can only assume occurs in his mind when all the Palestinians are gone.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pre ... ael-policy

Yeah, looks like Trump's approach to the Middle East situation is to bully it. Should be interesting. Bending the region to the will of an outsider by force is something that has never been tried before.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9072  (isolation #455)  » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:40 pm

In post 9071, karnos wrote:
In post 9063, kuribo wrote:Hard to follow trumps position when it's changed so many times

Last I saw he wants to deport them too, so it's nice I guess that we're punishing people for things their parents did

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/immigration/

Hasn't changed since before the election.

I'm sure the website hasn't changed since before the election.

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Donald_ ... ration.htm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9086  (isolation #456)  » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:41 pm

In post 9074, Zulfy wrote:His answer is probably that that's not what the constitution intended (which is correct, Founding Fathers were white nationalists) and a Trumpified supreme court will officialize the revocation of their legitimacy as citizens.

Yeah, the link I gave has Trump saying that he'd love to repeal the 14th Amendment. He doesn't even think that Congress is needed to do that. He wants the Supreme Court to repeal the 14th.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9094  (isolation #457)  » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:03 am

In post 8930, Narna wrote:Is anyone else stoked for this Aryan goddess' performance at the inauguration?

I don't plan on watching the inauguration.

I have a feeling this year will be truly great for America and the world at large.

Well, congrats on your optimism. I don't share it.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9101  (isolation #458)  » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:06 am

In post 9095, Narna wrote:Why specifically (and succinctly) do you think it won't be a good year? At worst we get isis'd or the EU goes to shit. I think Trump will take extra precaution for America to avoid harm from those things. Moreso than any other candidate that was running.

I don't think it will be a good year because I think don't think Trump is well equipped to be a competent public leader.

Trump may be a good businessman, but the goals of a business and a government are two entirely different things. Trump gives me the strong impression that his ultimate goal in being POTUS is to make as much money for himself as possible. This is evidenced by his refusal to place his business in the hands of a blind trust and in refusing to release his tax records (and lying about the reason). His administration will be plagued by accusations of "conflict of interest" because he has taken no steps to avoid the appearance of impropriety.

He also seems to lack any long-term vision for the future. At least, as far as the future of the non-rich is concerned. Throughout his campaign he's made it clear that he intends to roll-back regulations and de-fund any pro-environmental projects. I know that legally corporations are considered people, but they are not people. People have morals and ethics, but corporations don't. The only thing stopping them from acting unethically towards the environment, towards the government, and towards their own people is regulations. If you look into the history of any regulation you can usually trace it back to some disaster that necessitated it. I'd be more specific, but Trump has been consistently vague on his promise of "remove regulations".

Lastly (I have more, but I'm trying to be succinct) is his disposition. He's thin-skinned. He's vindictive. He holds grudges for a long time. He now has a lot of power to spy on and take revenge on people he doesn't like. Nothing about his public persona gives me the impression that he's interested in showing restraint or reasonableness. He's also very inconsistent as to what his positions are. More than any other politician, he adjusts his message to whatever crowd he is addressing. I know it seems unlikely to find a person least trustworthy than a politician, but a snake-oil salesman may be that person. And Trump is a snake-oil salesman.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9110  (isolation #459)  » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:06 pm

In post 9102, karnos wrote:
In post 9101, Kublai Khan wrote:Lastly (I have more, but I'm trying to be succinct) is his disposition. He's thin-skinned. He's vindictive. He holds grudges for a long time. He now has a lot of power to spy on and take revenge on people he doesn't like. Nothing about his public persona gives me the impression that he's interested in showing restraint or reasonableness. He's also very inconsistent as to what his positions are. More than any other politician, he adjusts his message to whatever crowd he is addressing.

If Trump was on your side, would any of that be a bad thing?

Absolutely yes. None of those are good character traits.

Do you think our government doesn't already spy on it's enemies? Hell, we spy on our allies and we spy on American citizens, and that was with Obama as president.

Take revenge? Are you aware of the use of drones? Does "seal team six" ring a bell? Sometimes revenge is good.

I know that. I also think those things are problematic. There are many things that I wish Obama had done to lessen to power of the executive branch of government and I think it's a negative strike against him that he didn't. I'd turn around and support Trump if he ended domestic surveillance and drone assassinations, but I really really doubt that Trump is the person who will do that.

I acknowledge that the bin Laden kill was a feel-good moment. But revenge can also be a massively petty and small minded thing. To me, Trump is pettier then Nixon.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9111  (isolation #460)  » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:09 pm

In post 9104, karnos wrote:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7dAQe1s5ZVka3hXLURodG1WQkU/view

Sad these things happen.

If you really want the moral high ground, you actually have to stop with the schadenfreude.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9124  (isolation #461)  » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:14 am

In post 9123, Annadog40 wrote:What Native American tribes used the swastika? I thought it was more a Indian thing.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9127  (isolation #462)  » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:00 am

In post 9121, karnos wrote:It's common usage of the term. Yes, the Nazi started this current common usage. They also started the current usage of submarines, rockets, many medical advances, and put BMW where it is today. Demonizing something just because Nazi's used it 70 years ago is a bit silly.

Your argument is bad because language isn't a concrete a THING as submarines, rockets, etc. To change technology around so we can re-discover submarine technology without relying on Nazi research might be near impossible. But to use a different word to describe white people that wasn't normalized by Nazis is an easy thing that we can easily do. The english language has such a vast vocabulary and array of synonyms so that people can communicate a lot of things "between the words" along with the words.

I guess this is an anti-PC argument. You want to use a word with negative connotations and want people to stop complaining about the negative connotations. If you describe someone as "fair-skinned" or "white" then you are using perfectly fine super-common usage words to describe someone's skin color. If one eschew those words in favor of a word that was popularized by Nazis to codify racial differences in a way that led to genocidal policies, then one is saying something "between the words" about how one feels about today's racial problems.

Do I think narna is a bit racist because he used the term "Aryan" to describe someone? Well, yeah. In a situation where he didn't have to describe a person's skin color or heritage at all, he did and he used a Nazi term to do so (I am assuming that he wasn't likening that singer to someone of proto-Iranian descent). I can't ignore my knowledge of history and my knowledge of the use of language to spare narna's feelings.

Honestly I think it's sad that native american tribes who used the swastika long before WW2 had to stop using it because people are too stuck on the idea that somehow a little symbol is what caused all the tragedy of the war, rather than evil men.

What's your position on the legality of flag burning?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9131  (isolation #463)  » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:46 am

In post 9130, Psyche wrote:you complain complain

That's a lot of complaining.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9137  (isolation #464)  » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:46 pm

In post 9133, karnos wrote:
In post 9127, Kublai Khan wrote:I guess this is an anti-PC argument.
Yes, that is what it boils down to.

Anything that anyone doesn't like is in danger of becoming politically incorrect. It doesn't matter if it causes real damage, or even if it's true, something can be 100% true yet if it's deemed politically incorrect it becomes taboo.

Hopefully the world learns from Trump's election and this whole phase blows over.

I don't think we have the same understanding of what "politically correct" means.

Is that what's-her-name singer an Aryan? She is as the Nazis defined the term, but not how current scholars define the term. Is she a goddess? No.

Did the term cause "real" damage? I don't know what you consider to be damage (or "real damage") or if your standard for damage is a universal standard. Was I (and others) offended by terminology co-opted by nazis and was later used to justify genocide? Yes, I was.

If Narna is deliberately using words that might annoy people, then he doesn't get to act shocked that people are annoyed. I'm not going to bottle up my feelings because Narna doesn't want his feelings hurt. It doesn't work like that.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9139  (isolation #465)  » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:52 pm

In post 9136, Shaziro wrote:"We're going to offer to talk about illegal immigration concerns so Trump will stop threatening NAFTA-leaving"
"THEY'RE PAYING FOR THE WALL!"
"That's...not what we said at all."
"BUILD A WALL! BUILD A WALL! BUILD A WALL!"

That's basically what I got out of it as well.

Laughing at how other people are appeasing the madman is only funny until it's your turn.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9170  (isolation #466)  » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:41 pm

Why is Milo a person worth celebrating?

Is it because he brings good ideas to the national table for discussion or is it because he bothers people you don't like?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9198  (isolation #467)  » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:17 am

Apparently karnos is just ducking all questions asked of him and is just posting image macros now. I assume his brain is fried.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9216  (isolation #468)  » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:36 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9218  (isolation #469)  » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:46 pm

In post 9217, pisskop wrote:One last hurrah for them as they rig the elections?

what?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9220  (isolation #470)  » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:41 pm

Looking at Twitter. Trump seems to be utterly inept at uniting the country. People who claimed that Obama was the most divisive president can shut the fuck up forever now.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9225  (isolation #471)  » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:34 pm

In post 9224, pisskop wrote:How surreal that its the most popular action to stagnant the executive process.

Not sure why you think it was a popular action. Obama had a high popularity for all his "chewed ass" actions.

What pisskop likes does not reflect what the country likes.

Hey guys I guess its a good thing the repubs control . Stuff can get done now amirite?

Naw.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9296  (isolation #472)  » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:11 pm

Can we move all the Accountant stuff to the Accountant thread?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9324  (isolation #473)  » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:14 pm

In post 9322, karnos wrote:https://twitter.com/ReutersBiz/status/816314130063888384

tired of winning yet?

nope.

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/02/opini ... -jobs.html

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9326  (isolation #474)  » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:52 pm

In post 9227, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Kublai Khan you gotta stop engaging mate. You're just hurting yourself and making yourself sad. Do some fun things, it's the new year man.

LOL. The Dan Carlin listener is telling me to shut up and trust the government.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9335  (isolation #475)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:38 pm

In post 9334, Fluminator wrote:How was his method of making new jobs crony capitalism and how will it have bad long term effects?

The theory is that he's not "making new jobs". Any company that is planning on making any kind of change that can be spun into "job-saving" is contacting Trump and is giving him the credit. Trump gets good PR and in return, those companies will later get favorable de-regulation, tax breaks, or other "favors" from the federal government.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9336  (isolation #476)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:41 pm

The "Holman Rule" has been re-instated (http://federalnewsradio.com/congress/20 ... -salaries/)

The House of Representatives voted on party lines and approved the rules package for the 115th Congress. It reinstates the “Holman Rule,” a little-known provision that allows lawmakers to bring an amendment on an appropriations bill to the House floor that may “retrench” agency spending, reduce the number of federal employees in a particular agency or cut the salary or “compensation of any person paid out of the Treasury of the United States.”

“We see this as an end-around, a surgical tool intended to reach deep into the federal budget to cut away programs and employees who run afoul of the Majority’s ideology,” a spokesman for Rep. Beyer’s office told Federal News Radio. “Functionally, a member could effectively remove an individual by reducing their salary or defunding their program. This is even more concerning given reports of transition team members requesting names of federal employees doing work on specific projects.”

The Holman Rule essentially lets House lawmakers make changes to a federal employee’s salary or position without input from the appropriations committee. Members can debate these amendments on the House floor for a limited time.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9346  (isolation #477)  » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:19 am

Hey T S O, do you think white people and black people are fundamentally different from each other?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9407  (isolation #478)  » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:08 pm

I don't think Psyche ever even came close to implying that the kids weren't to blame for their actions.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9453  (isolation #479)  » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:14 pm

In post 9418, Garmr wrote:I'm talking about media coverage and the reactions of the general public. In that respect i'm 100% right.

In fairness, you automatically dismiss anything that disagrees with you and you interpret everything to fit your narrative. So you're always going to be 100% right.

In post 9422, Garmr wrote:
In post 9349, Garmr wrote:
In post 9346, Kublai Khan wrote:Hey T S O, do you think white people and black people are fundamentally different from each other?

No which is why it's sad that if the races where reversed the media outcry would be louder and there would be riots in the streets, dead cops ect.
The topic always been about the media your the tool that changed the subject.

Technically I'm the tool that changed the subject. But let's not quibble about facts. There's emotions at stake here!

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9461  (isolation #480)  » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:22 pm

In post 9430, Garmr wrote:Also you still have to prove the media would defend the white kids like they defended the black ones.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9475  (isolation #481)  » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:50 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9479  (isolation #482)  » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:53 pm

In post 9474, pisskop wrote:Its like you linked to think progress and tried to pass it as srs bsnss

pisskop. So far you've attacked the verbiage, the messenger, and the source. You've got nothing, huh?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9483  (isolation #483)  » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:56 pm

Is this not about the media anymore?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9488  (isolation #484)  » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:03 pm

In post 9485, pisskop wrote:Im not going to run around looking for sources because Ive done this dance many times before. people dont listen. You think that whitey is evil and needs to be punished. You dont seem to quite get that you cannot erase racism by keeping score.

That isnt justice. its vengeance. I thought you hippie liberals were supposed to be about rehabilitation, not punishment

WTF are you talking about? Literally nobody said that "whitey is evil and needs to be punished". Nobody is even close to that point of view.

The argument that Garmr put forth was that whites and blacks were treated different in media (with blacks being treated better). And the arguments have been against that.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9490  (isolation #485)  » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:12 pm

And the Affordable Care Act was repealed.

#MakeAmericaMedicallyInDebtAgain

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9561  (isolation #486)  » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:34 pm

In post 9530, pisskop wrote:and the concept of 'white privilege' is directly tied to that of hobbling the power of white people and, when self-applied by white people, limiting their own success.

Okay, I think this is where our thinking diverges, but I think we're actually close to being on the same page. Let me try an analogy to try to explain this.

Let's say a theme park opens it's doors. Everyone gets in at the same time, then makes a mad dash to the big new fancy rollercoaster. In a true meritocracy system whoever gets there first, is first in line. Second is second and so on. A problem arises because the white person who made it to the rollercoaster first decided that they want only their buddies to ride with them. So they hold up the line and let all their slower buddies cut in front. Someone who is slower got the front of the line merely because of their skin color instead of their own merit. If every white person lets a bunch of their friends cut in line, then suddenly the racial makeup of the rollercoaster ride is looking very white. This represents white privilege.

Progressives want a truer meritocracy. Fully qualified people shouldn't lose out on opportunity because of the color of their skin. It doesn't mean that you have to hobble yourself and let someone slower have your place in line. All you need to do is just make sure you aren't the type of person who is letting slower white people cut in line.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9579  (isolation #487)  » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:38 am

In post 9568, pisskop wrote:better question: why is money being spent on finding this inherit advantage, should it exist, instead of curing AIDs or Cancer or helping the poor.

Well (and yes, I know this sounds corny), there may be a person out there that had a potential cure, but the wrong skin color and was denied opportunity to be in the right place and time.

Also, I don't think it's right to take the attitude that "if you aren't righting the worst of societal problems, then it's not worth the effort". Though I don't think a lot of money is being spent on knowing about the advantages that some races have over others. It's pretty much known at this point. But time and effort does have to be spent on educating people about the findings.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9603  (isolation #488)  » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:07 am

In post 9599, pisskop wrote:Even other liberal minded people freely admit that 'white privilege' only really works or can be applied to the upper classes of society.

And you know what Id be more apt to call that? Plain old fashioned privilege. monies.

The issue is that it also applies to those climbing out of the poverty trap. If you are fair-skinned, you have a better chance of getting a job, getting a promotion, better living space, loans, etc.

I don't think anyone would fault you for taking advantage of a system that benefits you. You'd be stupid not to. But don't pretend the problem doesn't exist and if you are able to take advantage and land in a position where you can help others, then help others equally.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9631  (isolation #489)  » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:26 pm

In post 9617, ɀefiend wrote:But if inequity is not stemming from these flawed laws and provisions, what is it caused by? If you answer "racism" or "white privilege," that implies that races are somehow unequal. Yet, our laws and provisions seem to provide equal rights for all, regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, religion, etc.

Hold up. I'm failing to see how identifying "racism" as a cause for inequity implies that races are unequal.

I hold that people racistly thinking that races are unequal is exactly the cause of inequity. This causes laws and provisions to be unfairly applied.

Could you clarify this?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9651  (isolation #490)  » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:45 pm

In post 9635, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 9631, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 9617, ɀefiend wrote:But if inequity is not stemming from these flawed laws and provisions, what is it caused by? If you answer "racism" or "white privilege," that implies that races are somehow unequal. Yet, our laws and provisions seem to provide equal rights for all, regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, religion, etc.

Hold up. I'm failing to see how identifying "racism" as a cause for inequity implies that races are unequal.

Unequal under the law. A racist law causing inequity surely implies that races are unequal.

Sorry, still not following exactly. Could you give an example of what you mean?

I hold that people racistly thinking that races are unequal is exactly the cause of inequity. This causes laws and provisions to be unfairly applied.

I think the last sentence is out of order. Shouldn't this read,
I hold that people racistly thinking that races are unequal causes laws and provisions to be unfairly applied. This is exactly the cause of inequity.

?
If so, then there is more incentive to rectify the laws rather than change how people think.

I don't think so.. Rectifying the laws doesn't really change anything if they are being unfairly enforced.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9682  (isolation #491)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:48 pm

In post 9678, karnos wrote:
In post 9662, Accountant wrote:now let's say I give you a bowl of 10,000 M&Ms and one of them is poison but for every unpoisoned one you eat the life of an innocent human being gets saved

how many do you eat

But it's even worse than that.

You have a bowl of 1000 M&Ms, and a few dozen of them are actually super-advanced micro-sized atomic bombs. If you or anyone else eats one of the bad ones, dozens of people will die, and hundreds other will suffer from loss of close friends, family, injuries, loss of property, etc. On the other hand, if you or anyone eats the "good" ones, your local economy suffers due to increased tax burdens, reduced job availability, and increased social friction. One or two of the thousand M&Ms are actually good decent people and will be a great asset to the community, but the overall result of eating all 1000 is massive tragedy and suffering.

Best plan is to send the M&Ms back overseas where they came from, and close the borders.

New wrinkle.

What if the person telling you all the bad things that would happen is a habitual liar?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9693  (isolation #492)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:22 pm

The gay nightclubbers in Orlando were alt-right?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9694  (isolation #493)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:27 pm

In post 9683, karnos wrote:
In post 9682, Kublai Khan wrote:New wrinkle.

What if the person telling you all the bad things that would happen is a habitual liar?

"would happen"?

Are you completely oblivious to world news? We aren't talking about some abstract theory or idea that has never been tested.

This has ALREADY OCCURRED, this isn't a "maybe bad things will happen", the bad things already happened in Germany, France, Sweden, etc.

Isn't there a saying about doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results makes you an idiot? Open immigration has failed every time.

Oh, fuck. Is this a "let's prevent possible bad things for happening" argument?

If we deny those EVIL FURRINERS refugees from coming in, can we also institute some harsh gun control laws to prevents more Sandy Hooks from happening? It's all the same logic, right?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9698  (isolation #494)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:47 pm

In post 9697, karnos wrote:
In post 9694, Kublai Khan wrote:Oh, fuck. Is this a "let's prevent possible bad things for happening" argument?

If we deny those EVIL FURRINERS refugees from coming in, can we also institute some harsh gun control laws to prevents more Sandy Hooks from happening? It's all the same logic, right?

Which constitutional amendment guarantees unlimited rights to everyone to immigrate into the USA from anywhere again?

The United States Refugee Act of 1980 and the fourteenth amendment.

So, you support the repeal of the second amendment? It's your stance that we should do everything possible to prevent bad things from happening, right?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9702  (isolation #495)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:39 pm

In post 9699, karnos wrote:
In post 9698, Kublai Khan wrote:fourteenth amendment

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States"

Whoops, that doesn't say ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!

I'll assume you must have had a typo there. Care to try again?

Sure, let me try again.

First, that is not a typo because a REFUGEE is different than an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT.

A refugee isn't an illegal immigrant. A refugee is someone that is leaving their home country to escape war or persecution. When a country (like the US) accepts them in, they do so under a due process. That due process is currently defined by the United States Refugee Act of 1980. Those refugees would become naturalized citizens and therefore would be covered under the fourteenth amendment.

An illegal immigrant is not the same as a refugee. An illegal immigrant is someone who enters into a country in a way that violates that country's laws. Such as crossing the border illegally or overstaying visas.

Refugees are immigrants coming into the country through legal means and therefore are naturalized. Illegal immigrants are not. Do you now understand the difference between a refugee and an illegal immigrant?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9703  (isolation #496)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:46 pm

In post 9700, karnos wrote:I'm not a math wizard, but 85,000 is more than the 50k cap provided by the refugee act, is it not?

Well, your math wizarding skills are certainly not under fire. However you are a very poor reading wizard. It says right there in your quote:

In post 9700, karnos wrote:"The annual admission of refugees is set to a 50,000 cap per fiscal year, but in an emergency situation, the President may change the number for a period of twelve months. The Attorney General is also granted power to admit additional refugees and grant asylum to current aliens, but all admissions must be reported to Congress and be limited to 5,000 people"

I bolded it and made it bigger to help you out.

Going back to your overwhelming fear for your safety, why don't you support gun control? You just mentioned that there was an amendment. Surely you know that constitutional amendments can be repealed, right? It's meant to be a living document that changes with the times.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9719  (isolation #497)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:06 pm

In post 9711, karnos wrote:You really seem to be struggling here. I asked which amendment you were talking about.

"the President may change the number for a period of twelve months"

Last time I checked, that isn't a constitutional amendment.

Wait.. you want to ignore some laws because they don't rank as high as constitutional laws? I don't understand what you're arguing.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9720  (isolation #498)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:11 pm

In post 9712, karnos wrote:https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/2017/01/08/isis-shows-preschooler-killing-victim-tied-to-carnival-ball-pit/

Oh look, there are a few of those "bad M&Ms".

If Accountant & Kublai Khan were in charge we would have these lunatics on American soil, killing Americans, just so that we could also import a few thousand other immigrants who will take our jobs and destroy our culture.

4 year olds killed 23 people with guns last year. More than terrorism.

Are you really worried about protecting people, or is something else bothering you?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9726  (isolation #499)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:16 pm

In post 9704, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Wtf does this have to do with gun control. Every mentally able adult should have the right to bear arms. I can't understand the gun control arguments.

Try to follow along.

The M&M argument was drug up and karnos seized on it, arguing that refugees should be denied entry because there was a possibility (he argues an inevitability) that one terrorist would be allowed. I brought up gun control because if he carries out his logic to it's extreme then he should be trying to maximize public safety by being for gun control.

He's not, so there is hypocrisy at play.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9730  (isolation #500)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:20 pm

In post 9727, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Guns in the right hands can save a life. The analogy doesn't hold for that reason.

Allowing in refugees saves lives too.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9737  (isolation #501)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:26 pm

In post 9732, Garmr wrote:I think the main problem is the single Muslim men who hold onto the negative traits of the country value. The refugees that come from the cultures that hold little value on woman and actually punish women for getting raped shouldn't be allowed in large amounts or with out strict education and should be investigated and watched for a limited amount of time. Germany made that mistake and had to deal with things like cologne they have a real rape culture now not a make believe one. Some neighborhoods are no go zones now because police have lost control of areas due to mass immigration there.

At the moment the left are saying "let them all in and lets be friends" Then get stabbed in the stomach while trying to give the refugees a hug while the rights like "nah don't even let one in" While watching them get butchered over the other side of a wall. Honestly I don't like either of these options but if I had to pick one it would be the rights side since I don't fancy a shank.

Garmr is from a country that allows protects Nazi's rights to hold rallies. I don't think we should let him on this website. I mean he could start Nazi propaganda anytime. It's part of his culture.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9741  (isolation #502)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:29 pm

In post 9735, karnos wrote:
In post 9730, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 9727, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Guns in the right hands can save a life. The analogy doesn't hold for that reason.

Allowing in refugees saves lives too.

Outlawing abortion would save a lot of lives too. Are you pro life by any chance?

I've never aborted a baby. (karnos-esque dodge!)

You gonna answer any of the questions I've asked, or were you really just rambling without a point?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9742  (isolation #503)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:29 pm

In post 9740, karnos wrote:Guns serve a critical purpose. The good outweighs the bad. Immigration OTOH does not serve such a critical purpose. Other countries are doing very well with much stricter immigration standards. There is neither a constitutional promise protecting immigration nor is there an important public advantage for allowing it on this scale.

Other countries do well without the "critical purpose" of guns. Bit of a bad argument on your part.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9746  (isolation #504)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:34 pm

In post 9744, karnos wrote:If you disagree with open borders, you can't really do anything about it except move to another country.

So you'd support an eventually necessary wall on the Canadian border (and Alaska-Canada border)?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9751  (isolation #505)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:39 pm

In post 9747, karnos wrote:
In post 9742, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 9740, karnos wrote:Guns serve a critical purpose. The good outweighs the bad. Immigration OTOH does not serve such a critical purpose. Other countries are doing very well with much stricter immigration standards. There is neither a constitutional promise protecting immigration nor is there an important public advantage for allowing it on this scale.

Other countries do well without the "critical purpose" of guns. Bit of a bad argument on your part.

You mean like Nazi Germany?

Or England, in case you don't want to Godwin the thread.

Arlington VA has some of the most pro-gun laws in the country. I think there was 1 murder last year. Not sure you could even prove whether or not legal gun ownership caused that murder.

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues ... r-the-gun/

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9769  (isolation #506)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:14 am

In post 9753, Garmr wrote:
In post 9737, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 9732, Garmr wrote:At the moment the left are saying "let them all in and lets be friends" Then get stabbed in the stomach while trying to give the refugees a hug while the rights like "nah don't even let one in" While watching them get butchered over the other side of a wall. Honestly I don't like either of these options but if I had to pick one it would be the rights side since I don't fancy a shank.

Garmr is from a country that allows protects Nazi's rights to hold rallies. I don't think we should let him on this website. I mean he could start Nazi propaganda anytime. It's part of his culture.

Your analogy sucks man. There's a difference between allowing freedom of speech and actually oppressing people. My country wouldn't allow nazi to practice gassing jews while their country doesn't mind sending women to jail for being raped.

Yeah, sorry. Maybe the analogy is bad.

I mean, it's not like you're okay with some definite innocents being butchered because you're scared one of them might potentially be bad.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9880  (isolation #507)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:45 pm

In post 9877, Psyche wrote:all of this pestering and he isn't even pro-life

It's like you're forgetting you're talking to karnos.

In post 2409, karnos wrote:Bleh, I'm not even a Trump supporter, it makes me feel dirty defending him

In post 2546, karnos wrote:Trump is evil and corrupt

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9893  (isolation #508)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:00 am

In post 9892, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Scenario B: Trump has no idea that the reporters hand cant be moved. He makes his usual gestures to counterpunch the bullying reporters, one journalist among dozens he has blasted over the election season.

It's pretty obvious that the reporter has a physical disability in that hand. So I guess we can discount Scenario B.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9894  (isolation #509)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:03 am

In post 9888, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Watch this and have your mind blown: https://youtu.be/P66U8haXCSE

"Trump saw a video. We still can't find any such video, but here's another person who said he saw 'some people cheering on a roof', therefore Trump's claim that thousands of Arabs celebrated is valid and the media is liberal liars."

Ugh. You're convinced by the weakest arguments, ABR.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9930  (isolation #510)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:52 am

In post 9929, karnos wrote:
In post 9893, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 9892, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Scenario B: Trump has no idea that the reporters hand cant be moved. He makes his usual gestures to counterpunch the bullying reporters, one journalist among dozens he has blasted over the election season.

It's pretty obvious that the reporter has a physical disability in that hand. So I guess we can discount Scenario B.

If it was already obvious, then why did you feel the need to post the picture?

In case Albert had never seen a picture of him? I mean, one could argue that Trump was mocking "groveling" until you see the first thing Trump does is curl up his hand and bring it up to chest level.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9931  (isolation #511)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:05 am

In post 9925, CommKnight wrote:Shall I continue or do we get the picture? It wasn't all about Clinton vs Trump.

Wow, yeah. I guess not. I mean, when you decide that the negative Clinton supporter in your Facebook feed represents the entire campaign, it certainly means that the candidates have nothing to do with anything.

You think that whites and gamers are demonized and pizzagate is a possibly real thing. Wow. Obviously you're getting your news through a wide variety of unbiased sources. Because when a source has nothing to lose by printing a widely speculative lie and madeup stories, they are going to be absolutely truthful. Good job on that critical thinking! You put us all to shame! I'm sure your source as to why the MSM is bad is from them too, because there's no conflict of interest in them trying to poison your trust of other news sources. (Please buy a sweatshirt at the Breitbart.com store! <- Did that pop up? It's supposed to pop-up.)

You're so gluttonously full of bad info that turning you away from it would be like dragging a diabetic away from a McDonald's: way too much effort and you'll probably go back to gorging yourself at first opportunity.

Tell us the most believable anti-Hillary conspiracy theory that you were able to discredit using your analytical skills.

Oh, and hi again SHotty.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9941  (isolation #512)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:49 am

In post 9933, karnos wrote:But you said it's obvious he had a physical disability?

Now you seem to be backtracking and implying that if you haven't seen a picture, you wouldn't know he is disabled. Which is it?

What?

In post 9935, karnos wrote:In fact, I'll make it easy for you. You don't even have to watch the whole video, here is a link to the time where the reporter is shown speaking:

https://youtu.be/P66U8haXCSE?t=468

Steady as a rock. No shaking, no arm movement, nothing at all like Trump's "groveling" impression.

It would be one thing if the guy had Parkinsons, where he shakes the same way Trump did in the groveling, but it's quiet the opposite. I wonder why the media only posted pictures of the reporter, instead of showing a live video? Just kidding, I don't wonder at all, it's plainly obvious the media was trying to deceive, and a video of the reporter would destroy their whole lie.

Oh, that's the spin you're putting on it. (plus, "bulletproof" lol!)

It's almost as if the word "mocking" implies that Trump was exaggerating a deformity in a cruel and scornful way.

I know you hate liberals and all we stand for, but you really have to stop believing everything that Trump says wholesale. You are going to get so badly burned.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10070  (isolation #513)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:45 pm

In post 9969, Psyche wrote:He mocked these other people, using the gestural equivalent of calling them retarded. And then he mocked this disabled reporter similarly.

"[Trump] was doing a standard retard, waving his arms and sounding stupid." - Ann Coulter (In Trump We Trust, 2016)

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10101  (isolation #514)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:50 am

In post 10092, CommKnight wrote:Please, stop me if I'm missing the mark here. Because I can bet many of you hating on Trump supporters are thinking along the lines above. I'd love to be wrong and found a bunch of Hillary supporters who weren't discriminatory, but somehow I really doubt that. I haven't had such luck lately with every single one being arrogant in their view to believe that no other view can exist that is of good will. I'd love to have a world where things were perfect for everyone, but so long as there's people who believe they're better than others, I'll call them the hell out on their arrogance.

Oh the fucking irony.

"The left are a bunch of judgmental asshole."
<reply>
"Oh, what a bunch of arrogant dumb people for thinking I'm wrong!"

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10112  (isolation #515)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:43 am

In post 10106, karnos wrote:
In post 10081, Psyche wrote:voter id laws, etc designed to make it harder for left-leaning demographics to vote

How do these laws make it harder to vote for "left leaning demographics", exactly? Can't these "left leaning demographics" walk into a DMV and get an ID the same as anybody else?

The only possibility is that they don't know how or are too lazy to do so, which is exactly what I wrote earlier.

Maybe the local DMV isn't in walking distance and they don't have transportation? Maybe they have jobs and can't afford to take off work during operational hours of the DMV? Maybe they can't get track the proper forms of ID to present to the DMV? Maybe they've had to live in a variety of temporary living and can't easily generate a proof of residency? Maybe they can't afford the associated fees?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10124  (isolation #516)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:08 am

In post 10115, karnos wrote:>Maybe the local DMV isn't in walking distance and they don't have transportation?

How do these people go to the grocery store, aren't they starving to death? Hell, even if they had an ID, how are they going to go an vote if they can't drive or bus anywhere?

>Maybe they have jobs and can't afford to take off work during operational hours of the DMV?

You mean an illegal job paid in cash? Otherwise they need an ID to open a bank account to cash checks or direct deposit.

>Maybe they can't get track the proper forms of ID to present to the DMV?

Those people who don't have the paper forms are called "undocumented illegal immigrants" and they legally are not allowed to vote, the system is working as intended, no flaw here.

>Maybe they've had to live in a variety of temporary living and can't easily generate a proof of residency?

Oh it's not "easy". So you agree they are just being lazy? If they were willing to try a little harder, they could do it. Glad to have some vindication.

>Maybe they can't afford the associated fees?

Maybe they can't afford clothes, so they won't be allowed inside the polling station. If you are so poor you can't afford the tiny fee to get an ID card, I don't see how you can possibly afford to buy food, clothes, or anything else. If you are living off your relatives, they can pay the fee. Maybe you need to get a job. Remember, you keep on claiming the economy is doing great with Obama, plenty of jobs.

You.. don't have much experience having financial hardship, do you?

I might try to explain why you're wrong on some of these, and also what you may not be considering. (Disenfranchisement laws don't make it impossible, but they do try to discourage voting by making it a pain). But I might not bother. Sometimes I get the impression that you're more interested in contradicting me then arguing what you actually believe.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10240  (isolation #517)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:40 pm

In post 10233, karnos wrote:LOL.

You think that fraud is never successful, every single case of attempted voter fraud has been detected and prosecuted.

But nobody fraudulently voted for Trump, right?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10254  (isolation #518)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:33 pm

In post 10248, Psyche wrote:
In post 10199, Wraith wrote:Meh, it's more he doesn't have any actual arguments to fall back upon so he's just filling the thread with nonsense. It's the patented Trump Troll strategy.

it's so bizarre
trump has already won
what is the point of acting he still must be fought for

Hearts and minds?

Maybe it's disappointing that the only thing they have to fall back on for the next 4 years is "but her emails".

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10265  (isolation #519)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:06 pm

Is karnos going to pay people to applaud his posts?

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/t ... dia-233496

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10385  (isolation #520)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:01 pm

In post 10371, Untrod Tripod wrote:wait, when was the original thing confirmed as fake?

Not fake, just unconfirmed. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/11/us/p ... gence.html

As far as I know, nothing in it has been refuted yet either.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10394  (isolation #521)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:25 pm

In post 10386, karnos wrote:
In post 10374, Wraith wrote:
In post 10371, Untrod Tripod wrote:wait, when was the original thing confirmed as fake?

It wasn't, the information (on Trump in particular) is just unverified.

Wrong, it was confirmed false. For example, Michael Cohen's passport has verified that he wasn't in the reported city at the time- in fact he has never been there in his entire life. It's all fake.

Oh, karnos was fed a talking point.

I wonder if he actually read the report. As I recall, he never bothered to read the e-mails.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10456  (isolation #522)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:53 pm

Why does karnos take anti-Trump news so personally? Why does he boast about Trump's "accomplishments" as if they are his own?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10463  (isolation #523)  » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:53 am

This is just to remind me to go back later and see if anything comes as this. For comparison, these letters are usually 15-20 pages. Clinton's was 66.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10464  (isolation #524)  » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:58 am

Trump's Cabinet Picks Break With Him On At Least 10 Major Issues
http://www.npr.org/2017/01/13/509588590 ... jor-issues

Sorry to anyone who strongly believed in what Trump said he stood for. Apparently he doesn't.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10465  (isolation #525)  » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:01 am

Moments after Rudy Giuliani is announced as the cyber-security adviser, his website is completely and easily trashed by hackers.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ckers.html

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10500  (isolation #526)  » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:32 pm

In post 10476, karnos wrote:What are you referring to? What statement made by Trump, specifically?

Wait, you missed that news?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11 ... -says.html

Even during his rallies, he let his voters know that it was just campaign rhetoric, not an actual goal of his.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/09/politics/ ... -up-chant/

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10501  (isolation #527)  » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:49 pm

In post 10466, karnos wrote:Why is the length of the letter so important? Basic research seems to indicate that it was just spelling out a lot of small donations.

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/despite ... t-one-too/

"According to the its letter, the FEC’s findings allege the Trump campaign violated several campaign finance laws by accepting over 1,000 impermissible donations, totaling approximately $1.3 million."

Sounds bad at first glance, but then...

"Barrack Obama also received similar letters from the FEC. His campaign also received one of the largest fines in FEC history, $375,000, after an FEC audit of his 2008 campaign found they refused to disclose millions of dollars in contributions from nearly 2,000 donors."

I wish the article was more specific, but it's a given that "millions of dollars in contributions" is greater than "approximately $1.3 million".

Also sounds like the worst case scenario is that Trump returns the violating donations. With his net worth, I don't think that will be a problem at all.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. Apparently the FEC letter process is super-common and those clarification letters are sent after every election. Most of it is usually just clerical "X donor listed as a corporation when they are actually LLC" etc. It's just the sheer volume that's newsworthy because it's a magnitude more than normal.

It could just be that Trump's campaign team was inexperienced at documenting their contributions, but could be something corrupt as well. As I said, I just posted to remind myself to check back into the story.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10502  (isolation #528)  » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:50 pm

In post 10468, karnos wrote:
In post 10465, Kublai Khan wrote:Moments after Rudy Giuliani is announced as the cyber-security adviser, his website is completely and easily trashed by hackers.

It's hilarious. It's a sad world we live in, that Giuliani was the best choice. Maybe the more capable potential candidates for the slot shouldn't have burnt bridges?

So you admit that Trump is filling positions based on loyalty more than ability?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10505  (isolation #529)  » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:57 pm

I have low energy. I am sad. I use verbs.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10506  (isolation #530)  » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:59 pm

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/d ... auguration

Trump takeover is going to be abrupt and sweeping.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10507  (isolation #531)  » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:03 pm

In post 10469, karnos wrote:
In post 10464, Kublai Khan wrote:Sorry to anyone who strongly believed in what Trump said he stood for. Apparently he doesn't.

Sorry KK, that doesn't follow from the article you linked. Everything points towards Trump building that wall, repealing obamacare, and we both know he already brought back a ton of jobs.

I assume that you don't read the things you ignore. You don't have to let me know.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10511  (isolation #532)  » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:30 pm

In post 10508, karnos wrote:
In post 10502, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 10468, karnos wrote:
In post 10465, Kublai Khan wrote:Moments after Rudy Giuliani is announced as the cyber-security adviser, his website is completely and easily trashed by hackers.

It's hilarious. It's a sad world we live in, that Giuliani was the best choice. Maybe the more capable potential candidates for the slot shouldn't have burnt bridges?

So you admit that Trump is filling positions based on loyalty more than ability?

I am guessing you have no idea how this works. Trump can't force a person to serve who doesn't want to work under him. The loyalty problem isn't under Trump's control.

Oh. Thanks for the inform. Trump must be a really unlikeable leader if Giuliani is the best he can get. (Or he doesn't give two shits about cybersecurity.)

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10512  (isolation #533)  » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:31 pm

In post 10509, karnos wrote:
In post 10507, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 10464, Kublai Khan wrote:Sorry to anyone who strongly believed in what Trump said he stood for. Apparently he doesn't.

Sorry KK, that doesn't follow from the article you linked. Everything points towards Trump building that wall, repealing obamacare, and we both know he already brought back a ton of jobs.

I assume that you don't read the things you ignore. You don't have to let me know.

I don't understand how can assume Trump isn't going to do something when we are still at day -7 of his presidency. Some things have priority, that is the way things go, but a promise hasn't been broken until his 8 years are up and he still hasn't fulfilled it.

Or you could read the article. Maybe your assumptions about what I think are wrong.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10513  (isolation #534)  » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:32 pm

In post 10510, karnos wrote:No. I was talking to Accountant, in response to this "Is Trump a liar if she doesn't?"

Oh. Okay. I have Accountant's posts blocked so I guess I missed the context.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10520  (isolation #535)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:54 pm

In post 10517, karnos wrote:
In post 10512, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 10509, karnos wrote:
In post 10507, Kublai Khan wrote:

I don't understand how can assume Trump isn't going to do something when we are still at day -7 of his presidency. Some things have priority, that is the way things go, but a promise hasn't been broken until his 8 years are up and he still hasn't fulfilled it.
Or you could read the article. Maybe your assumptions about what I think are wrong.
You think? Perhaps that is why I said it doesn't follow from the article?

I tell you it doesn't make sense and you still don't explain your PoV, and then you complain that I am assuming what you think is wrong?

If you don't want me to make false assumptions about what you think, then you should TELL me what you actually think.

Okay, let's recap because this dumb conversation has been going on too long.

Article: Trump's Cabinet Picks Break With Him On At Least 10 Major Issues (Issues include: "Russian hacking, torture, a Muslim ban and registry, mosque surveillance, NATO, the Iran nuclear deal, even infrastructure, deportations and that border wall.")
Khan: Hey, a lot of promises aren't going to be met.
karnos: NO! TRUMP GOOD! WALL! NO OBAMACARE! JOBS!
Khan: Hey, you should read.
karnos: NO U!

Trump promised more than just jobs, walls, and bad health. He promised a bunch of things, but most of his appointments are explicitly saying that Trump's bold visions are really dumb and aren't feasible.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10522  (isolation #536)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:08 pm

In post 10521, karnos wrote:
In post 10520, Kublai Khan wrote:Trump promised more than just jobs, walls, and bad health. He promised a bunch of things, but most of his appointments are explicitly saying that Trump's bold visions are really dumb and aren't feasible.

True. Like bring jobs back. You can't do that, those jobs are gone and aren't coming back. What is he going to do, use a magic wand?

You believe a liar once, shame on the liar. You keep believing the liars, shame on you.

Good job! You spelled every word right. You earned some free time playing outside.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10527  (isolation #537)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:28 pm

Ben Stein doesn't believe in evolution. 'nuff said.

P.Edit - Great! I'm glad you're anti-alt-right, karnos.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10528  (isolation #538)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:31 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10530  (isolation #539)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:36 pm

In post 10529, karnos wrote:
In post 10527, Kublai Khan wrote:Ben Stein doesn't believe in evolution. 'nuff said.

P.Edit - Great! I'm glad you're anti-alt-right, karnos.

Looks like someone didn't actually look at the graph.

I looked at the graph. I just have no context except that a reddit commentator says that the "alt-right narrative" is shattered. So that sounds good.

You have to realize that nobody reads anything equivalent to the crazy news you do. On any spectrum. I have no idea why I should care about the German GDP.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10532  (isolation #540)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:57 pm

And you think that this argument has merit? You don't think any sane person might point out that.. you know what. Nevermind.

My mind literally recoils at the glee you have in finding as many reasons as you can not to help people in need. I really don't want to have a conversation with you about it. I find you abhorrent.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10547  (isolation #541)  » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:05 am

In post 10534, karnos wrote:
In post 10532, Kublai Khan wrote:My mind literally recoils at the glee you have in finding as many reasons as you can not to help people in need.
I guess economics isn't your strong suit. If we are spending money on foreigners or immigrants, we are not spending it locally. Maybe if everything was rainbows and unicorns over here, it would make sense to spend billions on others, but it's not.
What would be an acceptable amount to spend to save someone's life. Do you have a price point?
Why don't you tell the people in Flint that spending money on Syrian refugees is a higher priority than giving them clean water to drink?
Why don't you tell black lives matters that black lives really don't matter as much as the lives of foreign immigrants?
Why don't you tell the 1,500,000 homeless people in this country that we should be spending money to build homes for refugees instead of helping them?
If I ever want to hear about what America CAN'T do, I'll be sure to ask a conservative.
In post 10535, Sesq wrote:
In post 10527, Kublai Khan wrote:Ben Stein doesn't believe in evolution. 'nuff said.
Perfect ad hominem.
Is "they didn't say the n-word, therefore they aren't racist" a position that you think really deserves a response? Stein is an idiot.
In post 10535, Sesq wrote:A lot of them aren't escaping war-torn areas as some like to paint them. Some are just normal migrants. It should also be pointed out the sheer amount of sexual assault and rape committed by migrants, due to them having values incompatible with our society.
Oh, stop with this PC "incompatible values" crap. Why don't you say what you actually mean: "Those colored fellers are gonna rape all our white women."

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10560  (isolation #542)  » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:56 pm

In post 10558, Psyche wrote:
In post 10554, T S O wrote:Did you know this thread had been made into a video?

is this nazi germany

Wait, is Trump is complaining that he's a victim of modern day nazi germany, does that mean that Trump is a SJW?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10567  (isolation #543)  » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:09 pm

In post 10552, karnos wrote:$0. I'm willing to pay $0 to save the life of a random person.

How much are you willing to spend? A penny? Because over 6000 people die every hour. If you are prepared to spend $60/hr for every hour for the rest of your life, then I guess you have the moral high ground here. Otherwise you are just a hypocrite willing to spend the tax dollars collected from others while you refuse to spend a penny of your own money.

0$ huh? I guess you proved that relying solely on private donations to charity is a non-starter.

And I pay my taxes. And yes I want taxes raised on the top 10% to help fund welfare programs to help the poorest of the poor so that the country as a whole is better off. Your policy of "Fuck everybody else, I got mine" is dangerous and regressive.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10568  (isolation #544)  » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:10 pm

In post 10565, Sesq wrote:
In post 10560, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 10558, Psyche wrote:

is this nazi germany (joke)

Wait, is Trump is complaining that he's a victim of modern day nazi germany, does that mean that Trump is a SJW?

where did trump complain he's a victim of modern day nazi germany?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10574  (isolation #545)  » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:46 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10582  (isolation #546)  » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:30 pm

Counter-point?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10590  (isolation #547)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:50 am

I'm guessing his plan is to repeal the ACA, let things go back to the way they were, except it'll be cheaper because he's bullied the pharmaceutical companies into lowering their drug prices. And maybe bully insurance companies into lowering their rates?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10608  (isolation #548)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:38 pm

In post 10595, Shaziro wrote:I don't think I've seen anyone so far argue that there should be no immigration of refugees forever. I'd be interested to know, since if that is correct they obviously think that (Number of Refugees let into the US) should be greater than 0, what number they think it -should- be at.

karnos is arguing that. Unless it's a group that has a statistically 0 chance of ever committing a crime.

So, nobody. Ever.

Same for folks who are arguing for more refugees, what number do y'all think is right? Are you arguing not for increased refugees brought in, but rather -against- decreasing it?

There is a limit in place: 50,000 (unless emergency circumstances). Sounds fine to me.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10611  (isolation #549)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:48 pm

In post 10609, Shaziro wrote:Am I correct in thinking that you assume this is an emergency situation, and if so, what do you think the number should be increased to? Even something general like "about twice as many" or somethin'.

It is, but personally I'm somewhat bothered because technically every situation that creates refugees would be an emergency situation.

I believe Obama declared it an emergency situation and raised the limit to 80,000 for the fiscal year. That's still an acceptable number.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10629  (isolation #550)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:26 pm

In post 10621, Shaziro wrote:Were Anna and I the ones who attacked you? Or are you assuming that because we disagree with you, we are on "the other side", and therefore must share the thoughts of the others "on this side"?

Yeah. You're getting the hang of it. You're attempting to understand both sides on an issue. So you're againt karnos.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10633  (isolation #551)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:35 pm

I called the emergency room and cancelled the ambulance. Davsto seems to be perfectly fine.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10659  (isolation #552)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:35 pm

@karnos - Read the Daily Mail article (or other Daily Mail articles) objectively. Do you honestly think that they are worthwhile journalism? It's shit.

Instead of this stupid "oh ad hominem! I'm so persecuted!" song and dance, just find a better, more neutral source. For fuck's sake.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10661  (isolation #553)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:37 pm

I like how karnos is ignoring the LITERAL CORRUPTION that Psyche posted.

Fashion news is so much more important.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10666  (isolation #554)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:42 pm

In post 10663, karnos wrote:
In post 10661, Kublai Khan wrote:I like how karnos is ignoring the LITERAL CORRUPTION that Psyche posted.

Fashion news is so much more important.

It's fake news. CNN is fake news.

Ooh, it's only legit if it's on State Approved TV.

You're such a fascist, karnos. Moreso than Accountant.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10686  (isolation #555)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:03 pm

In post 10678, karnos wrote:Of course it's still pretty laughable even if confirmed.

*sigh*

Let's play pretend. How outraged would you be if this happened to an Obama cabinet pick?

In post 10679, karnos wrote:Those emails were 100% verified legit. The only attack on them was that "the Russians hacked them", i.e. they aren't even denying the corruption, they are just blaming the Russians for revealing the corruption.

As opposed to the fake dossier made by some 4chan regulars. Ah yes, excellent comparison. Is that the best you can do?

The salaciousness of the contents of the emails were exaggerated by your trusted sources to the point where a karnos-level idiot attacked a pizza company.

And the "4chan regulars" who took credit were proven liars since reports about the existence of the documents preceded their bragging about creating it.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10698  (isolation #556)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:00 pm

In post 10692, karnos wrote:You don't really keep up with the news do you?

The "attacker" was actually a professional actor.

Wait, why would his profession matter? Oh, I see. Apparently according to random people on Twitter and reputable sources like "News Inside Out" and "The Daily Sheeple", since he has IMDB credits, then he must be a "crisis actor" involved in a "psyop" false flag operation to distract from something something something. Wow. Okay.

karnos... Simple question. Please don't deflect or dodge.

Do you believe that Edgar Maddison Welch was hired by some sort of nebulous liberal entity to pretend-attack a pizza company to make Alex Jones fans look bad and/or distract from something else?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10704  (isolation #557)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:12 pm

In post 10701, karnos wrote:
In post 10698, Kublai Khan wrote:Do you believe that Edgar Maddison Welch was hired by some sort of nebulous liberal entity to pretend-attack a pizza company to make Alex Jones fans look bad and/or distract from something else?
I don't know. I don't care. I'm just sharing facts that were either unknown or being deliberately omitted.

No, that's a dodge. You're trying to convince us that you understand how to read and judge news stories better than any of us.

So explain yourself. Why was Welch's occupation an important fact in this news story? Do you believe that "Welch is a crisis actor in a psyop false flag operation" is a valid theory? Yes or no?

Don't dodge or deflect.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10707  (isolation #558)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:52 pm

In post 10705, karnos wrote:Like I said, it doesn't matter. It's a false flag attack. It's a nutjob who beleives all the conspiracy theories. Either way makes no difference to me.

Another dodge.

The question is: do YOU believe conspiracy theories? Are YOU able to differentiate between a conspiracy theory and reality?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10711  (isolation #559)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:25 pm

In post 10708, Lurker wrote:
In post 10707, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 10705, karnos wrote:Like I said, it doesn't matter. It's a false flag attack. It's a nutjob who beleives all the conspiracy theories. Either way makes no difference to me.

Another dodge.

The question is: do YOU believe conspiracy theories? Are YOU able to differentiate between a conspiracy theory and reality?

Just remember: There's a conspiracy theory about the phrase "Conspiracy theory". To a true believer, this won't faze them.

I don't think karnos is a "true believer". He's just dishonest. He'll collect "facts" like Welch's job to throw in someone's face just so they have to use their time and energy to investigate and inevitably refute. I have no idea how much of his own bullshit he believes. This is just a game that he loses everyday.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10913  (isolation #560)  » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:18 pm

In post 10727, karnos wrote:
In post 10707, Kublai Khan wrote:
Another dodge.

The question is: do YOU believe conspiracy theories?
What a ridiculous question. I believe in science. I believe in facts. When we don't have all the facts, something can't be known. Pizzagate could be real, or it could be completely fake. It could be half true. It could be worse than the conspiracy theorists say it is, or it could be bad in a completely unexpected way. Some theories are obvious bullshit, others have been proven to be correct.

Pretty much this is why you have no credibility.

Story: Theory is launched that the Clintons are involved in a child sex prostitution ring because emails show operatives talk about getting pizza a lot. Person who only reads right-wing news enters the establishment armed to the teeth.
Karnos - "Gosh, all the facts aren't in, anything could be possible. Did you hear the guy was an action? Really makes you think how anything is possible."

Story: Trump's pick found to have profited financially by buying stocks before a beneficial law passes.
Karnos - "FAKE NEWS! Liberal media out to get Trump! Look! Trump team denies it! That proves it's fake news!"
Ironically enough, given the website we are on, the existence of the mafia as massive organized crime organization was once considered a conspiracy theory.

But it seems like you are still convinced pissgate is real, so perhaps you shouldn't speak about such subjects.

WOw, really? Quote me where I say "pissgate is real".

karnos is as dishonest and untrustworthy as Breitbart "news".

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10923  (isolation #561)  » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:07 pm

Wow. karnos doesn't even know what words mean anymore.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10924  (isolation #562)  » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:28 pm

Hey karnos. Tell me good things about Steve Mnuchin.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10925  (isolation #563)  » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:31 pm

Actually tell me anything good about any of the cabinet picks

Previous
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion