Goon
Monokuma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by Monokuma »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 671, Monokuma wrote:
In post 668, Nachomamma8 wrote:the town case that I produce would largely look the same regardless of my alignment
Oh?
When you are scum, are the town cases you make on town particularly alignment indicative?
If I were aware they were alignment indicative, I'd stop them from being alignment indicative, but...... probably?

Nacho the real problem we're having is that mastina is a player who, by her own indication, is superb as scum. Also by her indication; you and have her plenty of experience with each other. So the fact that immediately upon making your entrance proper you townread her as town despite the mechanics of this setup making that less likely than it normally would be is... interesting. I wouldn't expect you to underestimate her, and yet you seem wholly confident in her alignment, so we figured there must be SOMETHING you saw, some super amazing secret magic way of reading mastina and you're holding out on us. But all you've given us is something about a gambit which... are you really saying you put gambits past scum mastina? Really? I mean, you're the one with experience with her but... huh. Makes a bear a little paranoid, ya know???
Let's give it everything we've got! It's punishment time!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 48, mastina wrote:Knowing this, I can say: pisskop, SirCakez, Prism, and BTD6_maker are all basically conftown. They haven't played with Pine recently as far as I know, and they're too young to have played with Pine in his glory days.
This assumes that Pine wasn't smart enough to do some cursory research on the people who could be parts of his dream team, and I find that to be a pretty solidly terrible assumption to make.
In post 54, mastina wrote:Strongman falls under the category of "roles not common when Pine was at his prime".
So no.

Pine doesn't pick strongman.
So the only role that we could be playing against is one that Pine is intimately familiar with?
Maybe if he's looking to reminisce, but if he wants a good chance of winning, probably not.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Monokuma
Monokuma
Goon
Monokuma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by Monokuma »

It's ALMOST as if... you planned this whole thing as a charade to justify not having to buss each other? Maybe? Huh, huh, huh???????
Let's give it everything we've got! It's punishment time!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:13 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 656, mastina wrote:
In post 648, SirCakez wrote:Maybe yeah Pine predicted that people would be paranoid and then make "optimal picks" for his team. But then maybe he predicted that people would predict that (like you've been doing) and then make WIFOMy picks instead. But then maybe he predicted that people would predict THAT and went with the optimal picks instead.
etc
etc
etc
...And given this endless cycle which town players have no way of thinking about...
...Pine goes with the most obvious picks because it's what serves him best. It's what gives him the strongest team.

And I know this because I fucking know Pine. He's not going to waste the potential of this game on some random shitty picks. He's going to stack his team as much as he can possibly stack his team.

I'm saying ignore wifom.
Ignore the possibility of Pine choosing wifom picks.
And just go with what makes the most sense for Pine to pick.
DISCARDING WIFOM ENTIRELY. Who does Pine pick?
And that's what I'm saying we should do, because yes Pine doesn't give a damn about being blatantly obvious with scumpicks.
....we're going in circles
In post 658, Fate wrote:SirCakez not addressing any of my posts since he wrote me off as scum?

Mhmmmm add another one ot the pile
I did address your posts earlier, they suck
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:19 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 676, Monokuma wrote:Nacho the real problem we're having is that mastina is a player who, by her own indication, is superb as scum. Also by her indication; you and have her plenty of experience with each other. So the fact that immediately upon making your entrance proper you townread her as town despite the mechanics of this setup making that less likely than it normally would be is... interesting. I wouldn't expect you to underestimate her, and yet you seem wholly confident in her alignment, so we figured there must be SOMETHING you saw, some super amazing secret magic way of reading mastina and you're holding out on us. But all you've given us is something about a gambit which... are you really saying you put gambits past scum mastina? Really? I mean, you're the one with experience with her but... huh. Makes a bear a little paranoid, ya know???
Being a good scum player doesn't mean you can't be fairly obvious town when town.
The reason I'm townreading her is not because I think it would be Mastina gambitting as scum; I don't think she approaches the game as scum this way at all. I'm not particularly interested in explaining it because it's a bunch of experiential feels and it would take something beyond delusion to get her lynched today which I also don't forsee. I think that the "you and mastin planned this so you wouldn't have to bus each other!!!!!" theory is the type of thing you type out and then realize is silly as shit, but if not, feel free to keep pushing it and brightening my day!
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 72, mastina wrote:I think the simplest solution here is to just line up lynches. Lynch Nacho today. He flips town, you lynch me. I'll flip town, but then D3 you lynch Fate and 100% guarantee you, you'll have lynched scum.
...and you'll have pushed the game to LyLo in order to lynch one scum for no information. Back in my day, we would have called this a "shit ass plan".

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:24 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 115, BTD6_maker wrote:VOTE: Mastina

It seems like you have played a lot of games with Pine. (I am completely ignoring posts made by Pine). At this early stage I would consider you marginally more likely to be scum.
This reasoning seems exceptionally shallow.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 148, Fate wrote:I dont know who this Pine guy is and we have zero history so this speculation that I was drafted by him is scum or just wrong

Maybe I'll read the same at some point
you don't think he couldn't have heard of you...?
my god this is a weak rebuttal.
In post 156, Monokuma wrote:is interesting! Any scum worth their salt knows that when you get confirmed as mafia, you shut the hell up! Otherwise you risk dropping associative left and right and front and center and up and down and other directions, ones that you pitiful creatures that exist only in three dimensions can scarcely even CONCEIVE of! I would have brought in a man in a lab coat to pretend to be a scientist and explain that further, but I'm a bear; which is a scientist's natural predator!

But Pine has to post! They have to! Shocking! That means Pine is probably on his toes about what he says and what the potential meanings are. That means Pine is going to interact both with his partners and with town. Do you think you can tell what's in jest from what's genuine? That presumes that some of what he says IS genuine! We're not so sure... in fact, we would suggest entirely ignoring everything Pine says! Moving on...
Your argument here is that when a player is confirmed as mafia, they should be quiet since talking means they risk dropping associative.
And yet, because Pine has to post, it means that we should ignore his posts (because he doesn't risk dropping associatives anymore? or something?). Could you explain what you meant for a slow and broken soul just one more time?
In post 164, Aeronaut wrote:That's actually probably a smart idea. Idk if I will, though.
Did you understand something in that I didn't?
In post 187, Secret Agent Jin wrote:Did Pine pick players he knew the majority would not think of or did he double back and pick players that are too obvious to be on his team.
If Pine played smart, he picked players who were low risk, high reward (the players I outlined earlier). It's completely possible he went for one high profile player to take them away from the town, but it's certainly not necessary for him to get a win.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:44 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=869%209797#p8699797]post 248[/url], mastina wrote:He knows what people think of him: Some amazing scum player who is a mastermind. A genius. He isn't predictable. He is hard to catch. So his moves aren't going to be able to be deciphered. This is what Pine knows people think of him. So Pine will just do what makes the most sense: just go with the choices which are most optimal.
Except... you are town.
Saying that he would draft that way against a group of strangers, fine.
But you are town.

I know that you said that Pine didn't take mastina countermeasures, but he'd have to be an idiot to follow that line of thought when you are town.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:50 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

It's always weird when you're talking to someone and they just poof out!

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 338, Secret Agent Jin wrote:So Pine, like, are you trying to keep him alive by making us think you want him lynched and then we think he is town because you would never say to lynch your own team but you actually did pick him for your team? Or are you trying to get him lynched by saying to lynch him which we think is actually your attempt to save a scum member so we would consider him town and then we actually lynch him because we would say you knew we would townread him for what you did but actually we scumread him and my brain exploded.

What does Pine gain from saying he wants a Nacho lynch actually say? I think Pine knows we would townread Nacho for that so he said it because he actually wants us to scumread Nacho but we are smarter than to fall for Pine's trap and he knows that so he thinks we will townread Nacho when we actually need to scumread nacho.

I quit, i am out, im done, im going to bed.
It's probably one or the other.
I don't find that to be a particularly indicative Pine post.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 338, Secret Agent Jin wrote:So Pine, like, are you trying to keep him alive by making us think you want him lynched and then we think he is town because you would never say to lynch your own team but you actually did pick him for your team? Or are you trying to get him lynched by saying to lynch him which we think is actually your attempt to save a scum member so we would consider him town and then we actually lynch him because we would say you knew we would townread him for what you did but actually we scumread him and my brain exploded.

What does Pine gain from saying he wants a Nacho lynch actually say? I think Pine knows we would townread Nacho for that so he said it because he actually wants us to scumread Nacho but we are smarter than to fall for Pine's trap and he knows that so he thinks we will townread Nacho when we actually need to scumread nacho.

I quit, i am out, im done, im going to bed.
It's probably one or the other.
I don't find that to be a particularly indicative Pine post.

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Post by Pine »

Yeah? You wouldn't, would you?
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Post by Pine »

Mastina, your new avatar is great. Don't ruin it with color.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:59 pm

Post by Prism »

I've got time in like 5 hours so expect some more from me then. In the meantime nobody appears to have any idea what the fuck they're doing with Pine so just cut it out and play mafia, you're like the people who insist on playing hustlers in Central Park. Your strength is playing mafia not WIFOM.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:02 pm

Post by Prism »

Like yes there's ways to beat the hustlers but "I BET PINE PICKED NACHO AND FATE AND PRESIDENT BUSH AND THE STONE IS UNDER THE RIGHT CUP" is not one of them.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by Pine »

The stone is always in the hustler's hand.

That isn't the important hand to be watching, though.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by camn »

VOTE COUNT 1 . 8
  • Secret Agent Jin ---
    0 ( )
    L- 7

BTD6_MAKER ---------
    0 ( )
    L- 7

TheRealGin-N-Tonic -
    4 ( Monokuma, Prism, Secret Agent Jin, mastina, )
    L- 3

Nachomamma8 --------
    2 ( TheRealGin-N-Tonic, Fate, )
    L- 5

Fate ---------------
    2 ( Aeronaut, pisskop, Pine )
    L- 5

drealmerz7 ---------
    1 ( Vaxkiller, )
    L- 6

Monokuma -----------
    0 ( )
    L- 7

mastina ------------
    3 ( drealmerz7, SirCakez, BTD6_MAKER, )
    L- 4

Aeronaut -----------
    0 ( )
    L- 7

Prism --------------
    0 ( )
    L- 7

SirCakez -----------
    0 ( )
    L- 7

Vaxkiller ----------
    0 ( )
    L- 7

pisskop ------------
    0 ( )
    L- 7

Not Voting -
    1 ( Nachomamma8, )

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to Lynch
Deadline is in (expired on 2017-01-22 18:00:00)
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by pisskop »

Sorry, camn, I dont have time for this game

replace me
:(
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by camn »

Aristophanes replaces pisskop, effective immediately.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Yo yo yo!!

I told you guys I'd be here eventually! :)

Have I missed any good partying and/or trolling? :)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Camn, I love your Mod colour!!
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

We almost put a ball gag on Pine, it's been a hoot
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:26 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 697, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:We almost put a ball gag on Pine, it's been a hoot
Hahaha!
This is definitely my kind of party then!
- Jingle
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:29 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

In post 698, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 697, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:We almost put a ball gag on Pine, it's been a hoot
Hahaha!
This is definitely my kind of party then!
Oh yeah, we got the cat nine tails and floggers but between you and I, Camn isn't exactly the best at making the knots tight :shifty:
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”