MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #10651 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:40 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Nah you all wanted me to be scum.

Ank and PV changed your minds with mechanical bullshit.

Looking forward to dead thread.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10652 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:41 pm

Post by MathBlade »

At least SK doesn't get hammers.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10653 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:45 pm

Post by MathBlade »

At DnD so no last will but it should be clear.

Lynch Ank and PV

Weak would never die to ascetic. Ever.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10654 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:58 pm

Post by MathBlade »

The only way Gio is scum is post N5 he would not be the killer you are looking for.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10655 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:14 pm

Post by Ankamius »

If you're somehow actually town, you might legitimately have thrown the entire game by self-hammering.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10656 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:14 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Either way, I don't regret the lynch regardless of what you actually flip. A lot of what you've been saying today is completely insane.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10657 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:19 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10655, Ankamius wrote:If you're somehow actually town, you might legitimately have thrown the entire game by self-hammering.
I disagree.

I have been clear and plain as day and continually you have insisted I am scum. Reap what you sowed. You were scum you and PV lead this to not be lynched. With me obvTown you should be lynched.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10658 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:19 pm

Post by MathBlade »

No one else was going to be lynched I have no reason to trust you and you completely bastardized mechanics to do it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10659 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:21 pm

Post by MathBlade »

When you know you're going down stop scum.

I knew I was going down so at least I can stop you from getting a second kill.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10660 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:22 pm

Post by Ankamius »

You suggested a disgustingly broken setup as justification for your death tunnel based on basically playstyle differences and manipulated whatever info you could to try to cast that shadow. That's a level of insanity I haven't seen since unbalanced mafia 2, and the person that did it there was scum.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10661 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Ankamius »

When you find out that I'm town, I hope you learn just how badly you fucked up the game by directly impeding me from getting a kill off before it was too late.

You caused far more damage to the gamestate than you helped just from that alone.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10662 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:25 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I suggested a possibility.

A possibility that is not broken.An SK won against 42 people. I do not trust you. You suggested worse that makes no sense.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10663 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:26 pm

Post by Ankamius »

How many scum were in that game?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10664 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:26 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Multiball a few teams.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10665 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:30 pm

Post by Ankamius »

The setup you're suggesting is too swingy and disgustingly town sided. One misstep by scum and town essentially have a guaranteed win that they might have to wade through months of playing for. I have a very hard time believing that any reviewer would tolerate that type of design to fly.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10666 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

So an SK and cult recruiter of various size is balanced depending upon time of death. There are other options but mainly One or two person team and SK or multiple 3Ps. I don't see group scum except those with SirCakez I do not believe you are Town who would consistently tunnel like this.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10667 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:31 pm

Post by Ankamius »

And you're comparing a game where there are multiple night kills and an SK happened to win to a suggested setup where the SK is the only kill and one other slot creates a scumteam that can't reasonably be balanced around the gamestate having a kill and could potentially lose that kill immediately afterwards.

That setup is fucking broken and nonsensical.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10668 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10665, Ankamius wrote:The setup you're suggesting is too swingy and disgustingly town sided. One misstep by scum and town essentially have a guaranteed win that they might have to wade through months of playing for. I have a very hard time believing that any reviewer would tolerate that type of design to fly.
No. With the setup in mind Town have about 4-5 chances in my head at worst. 6-7 at best.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10669 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

You can bitch or you can be caught scum. I do not believe your anger.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10670 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:33 pm

Post by Ankamius »

You're suggesting a 9:3:1 (something like that?) occurred, in which it could instantly turn into a 9:3 if I get lynched. Keep in mind that the 8:4 nightless setup is still considered town-sided, so a 9:3 with a team that literally just started existing after already leaving a paper trail of their thoughts (aka another disadvantage) has to be considered in the game's balance. That's a huge slap to the face to the scum.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10671 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:35 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Are you being dense? I'm arguing that the setup you're suggesting is far more likely to be very town-sided than any other scenario. I can't see a case where scum would benefit from this system solely because not having a kill in a setup like that is a crippling disadvantage when there's the possibility of the SK dying too early in the game.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10672 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:36 pm

Post by MathBlade »

One shot lynch proof or other variants ensure that.

The cult in Gistou had one shot lynchproof for that problem.

Too much power can help balance that like Skull did here.

Again you are talking nightless. Completely different than night.

This is a bastard setup I suspect multiple 3Ps and you being one of them.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10673 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:36 pm

Post by Ankamius »

You're literally trying to force a setup to work with your death tunnel and it's completely insane.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10674 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:38 pm

Post by Ankamius »

You've been arguing all game since you replaced in that clears are possible. That makes the setup even more broken if people can be cleared without scum being able to kill any clears.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”