davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:51 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1061, davesaz wrote:
I've been super busy. I've made it a point to finish out games that I start, and I do expect my activity peak to slow down eventually.
For the record, I'm not even trying hard yet. But I do believe everything I've posted.
If you scumread me for that you're an idiot. That might be a scumtell for other people but not for me.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:56 am

Post by Superhans »

In post 1125, davesaz wrote:
In post 1061, davesaz wrote:
I've been super busy. I've made it a point to finish out games that I start, and I do expect my activity peak to slow down eventually.
For the record, I'm not even trying hard yet. But I do believe everything I've posted.
If you scumread me for that you're an idiot. That might be a scumtell for other people but not for me.
Dave calling someone an idiot for scumreading you is a wasteman thing to do.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:57 am

Post by Superhans »

Especially since Regfan has clearly put a lot of time into producing what seems to me to be some high quality content.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:00 am

Post by Regfan »

@SH, I had a few questions I wanted you to get to.
In post 1125, davesaz wrote:For the record, I'm not even trying hard yet. But I do believe everything I've posted.
Scum read on you has nothing to do with activity. If you're town run through the following things for me;

1) What specifically about MariaRs play yesterday made you confident she was a traitor? (I was post llinks/quotes) And what about her play makes you think she was just mafia now that the traitor has flipped? This is something you've never mentioned and is a fairly glaring omission.
2) If you thought AH's case on TB was good yesterday how come you never mentioned it then or mentioned that you had a scum read on him then? That read not existing yesterday having supposedly existed is something hard to fathom.
3) What's your read on Desperado excluding the MariaR posts?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:00 am

Post by davesaz »

You're making an assumption that my post targeted any specific player.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:01 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 155, MariaR wrote:Oh no I'm found scum in 155 posts
...so scary
Crumb
In post 246, MariaR wrote:Crumbing roles are something I expect scum to do more then town but it really is NAI unless it's leading up to someone being under pressure.
Crumbs are by scum
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:03 am

Post by ThinkBig »

Getting ready for Shabbat. It has been a crazy week for me. I had two weddings to attend last week. Next week will be a lot less busy and so I can be more active, especially with the legal holiday on Monday.

UNVOTE:

For now. I'll post a full updated read list when I return.

V/LA until Monday
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:07 am

Post by Regfan »

Huh, I'm not quite sure I follow that Dave, her #155 was a sarcastic remark to TB's vote on her in #151. And uh, traitors don't crumb the role traitor. That's never a thing lol, they might signal to their partners occasionally but they don't do it in terms of a scum claim, that was a relatively clear joke on MariaR's behalf. Can you explain the lack of mention of your TB scum read D1 / agreement with the case on him then.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:09 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 249, MariaR wrote:I don't really think it's something to dwell over
But I'm seriously not crumbing I'm scum, move along.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:11 am

Post by Alisae »

In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8723259#p8723259]post 1124[/url], Regfan wrote:
In post 1123, Alisae wrote:Reg, are you suuuuuuuure that AH wasn't attempting to push another traitor? I don't remember TB having any attention on him at that point.
I can guarantee you he wasn't trying to push another traitor. I think it's very unlikely he was trying to push another mafia partner, the only way that traitor can die inside this setup is via lynch effectively given their BP vest and the lack of doctor meaning that mafia are never going to night kill them.
The only way that AH makes that play is if he is confident that TB won't get lynched on the back of it and if he thinks he himself will get lynched before TB to make TB look good
. I don't think he'd be replacing into the game and instantly planning what would be optimal in his own demise and deciding to take the risk having a potentially rolled killing mafia die just to have that occur. If you notice even after the point where he stated "I wasn't trying to get you lynched" (Which was a week after trying to get him lynched) he continued voting and trying to lynch TB constantly decrediting all of TBs reads and play. It's much more likely here that TB is just town.
Sorry about the typo, meant scum instead of traitor. mybad.
The bolded is as I feel like that's exactly what happened.
GTKAS
| here.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:18 am

Post by Regfan »

Eh, I could maybe buy Dave believing that the combination of the three posts makes her traitor and think him wanting to lynch her in that case makes sense as town. I don't understand the carry on to thinking she's just mafia for them after the traitor has flipped; there's no way that scum crumb the role scum (it's even less logical then traitor crumbing traitor) so explanation for that + the rest would be nice.

I strongly disagree Alisea, that'd require a lot of weird considerations to make from him upon just replacing into a game. I think replacing in as a traitor you're more likely to try and get a few mslynches pushed through before trying to make your partners look good, settling for a D1 lynch (Which you're suggesting he was intentionally doing) seems rather unlikely especially when it's at the risk of losing your partner D1. The longer you stay on him the worse I feel about you ftr.

Anyway back in 10 hours.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:19 am

Post by davesaz »

Why didn't preview show more posts?

My current TB scumread is completely unrelated to originally thinking Maria/Desperado slot was traitor. My TB scumread is based on thinking that AH as traitor did indeed try to reveal that he <knew> TB was scum.

Now suppose I'm wrong about AH's intention, and he was trying to push TB as a mislynch. If scum had really wanted to mislynch TB based on AH's entrance case they might have pulled it off that day. I certainly agreed with that case. The only reason I didn't jump on it with both feet is a number of people I was hard townreading didn't like the case. I never believed AH was scum and was really surprised he flipped traitor.

I can easily accept that y'all think I'm wrong. I'm often wrong as town, sometimes spectacularly wrong. But I have to play it like I see it.

BTW this message brought to you by virtue of me ignoring a meeting in progress to type it. The team is looking at code which is unlikely to have any bugs. But I'm going to need to actually appear like I'm working so further replies may be seriously delayed.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:48 am

Post by Alisae »

So what?
The way I see it, AH was telling the truth.
GTKAS
| here.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:09 am

Post by Superhans »

In post 1100, Regfan wrote:
@Gamma
- I would appreciate you unvoting in that case, especially given I just replaced in a few hours ago. Plus we're not lynching TB today, I'll go into that later though.

I think Han's question about Gammas scum meta in shows a town thought process behind it, I also like his posts directed to MariaR in the early game. I think SH's question in is more likely to come from town albeit this is a weak point. I don't necessarily agree with SH's logic in but I can follow the thought process behind it. I think SH's attitude around deadline D1 in ~ comes across as town. The progression behind SHs an is very questionable especially considering his prior stance on the night kills being WIFOM. I like his analysis of Dave in but dislike the TB vote inside . I think him bringing up Dunns prior scum game inside this setup in and asking him to explain how he thinks his play has changed in is a decent town tell but his follow up of "Just fucking with you" is underwhelming. I have a weak town read on him all up but would like to actually see some more content from him today.

@SH - Can you run me through a few things please; 1) What specifically what made you change your stance on AH/TB "Never being scum together" to currently having TB as your current strongest scum read. Please don't refer to Desperados case when answering this, I want your exact thought process because has some real questionable logic involved in it. 2) Can you explain the change from you stating that Ssbms death was WIFOM inside to proceeding to vote Gamma for Ssbm inside since that's a fairly weird flip to make. Would also love any other reads you have at the moment with some reasoning attached.
<- Do you not agree that Desperado is transparent? I guess I have placed a significant level of faith into his argument that ThinkBig is scum (first appearing in ). I'm assuming that you do not think that this theory is likely to be correct, as
a) You haven't Town Read Desperado
b) You don't want to push the Lynch of ThinkBig
From my perspective Desperado's case on ThinkBig is very very convincing.

Previously I had tried to discourage (Realo I think?) from over-reading into the NK, saying it leads to WIFOM brain fuckeroo. However, when voting Gamma, I wasn't saying that I was voting Gamma BECAUSE of the death of SSBM, I was saying that I was continuing her push onto Gamma, not accusing Gamma of NKing her.

The value of Dunnstrals previous game is negligible. I also doubted that her answer was going to be that helpful, as she played as Traitor, so it wouldn't even be directly applicable to this game. Bringing in behavior from previous games would only convulate this game. When I asked her question, I honestly did not care about her play in the previous game. I didn't even bother to check to make sure what she had said was even true. I used the introduction of her previous game as an act of intimidation, and I wanted to see if I could provoke anger out of her.
In post 608, Superhans wrote:I know one thing for sure, that is ThinkBig and Antihuman AREN'T scum together.
ThinkBig and AntiHuman were engaged in a fight to the death. AntiHuman was fighting from the jaws of death under intense pressure. He was pushing ThinkBig very very hard. I doubted that two scum would want to fight so hard, even by bussing standards, since AntiHuman was actually producing some fairly valid scum claims on ThinkBig (undermining his logic).
However,
Looking back on it, you can see that their relationship was more nuanced:
If it was a S v T fight to the death then why did ThinkBig back off halfway through the fight to go after Dunnstral?
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:15 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1090, Regfan wrote:Hey everyone! Been a little while seen I've actually played a game here. I'll be catching up with the thread in the next few hours. If there's a particular section you want me to focus on more let me know as soon as possible.

Will say I found the "Inactive Child" section on this very page quite amusing.
holy shitttttttt

It's like I've spent my entire life living in a boiler room closet in downtown Mumbai, and then suddenly one day some lady named Angelina adopted me.
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:22 am

Post by Desperado »

:( Literally nothing about me, Reg?
;)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:36 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1103, Realeo wrote:
In post 1095, Regfan wrote:Lol are people seriously voting ThinkBig, the fuck is going on.
Nobody gave a counter-wagon--well it was Gamma but he claimed Joat. Please do start one.

Spoiler: Ooooo
I said JOAT again
Yes I did
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:39 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1138, Superhans wrote:I used the introduction of her previous game as an act of intimidation, and I wanted to see if I could provoke anger out of her.
Walk me through how this makes sense
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:36 am

Post by ThinkBig »

Before I head off for shabbos, here are my reads:

Regfan

Gamma Emerald

Realeo

Alsae

Dunnestral

Superhans
Kop
Desperado

Davesaz

Spoiler: Key

Conftown

Town

LeanTown

NullTown

Null - {N}
NullScum

LeanScum

Scum

ConfScum

I'll give a full explanation of my reads after shabbos. For now, I believe Gamma's claim and should there be a counterclaim, get a results to night and CC tomorrow. Gamma's result of not a goon on real makes it far more likely that he is town than scum. Gamma/Real=Not a team. Claiming an innocent result on a scum buddy would be far too risky.

I want to go back through dave and desperado's ISO. Their push on me seems opportunistic. I also don't like the way that Desperado has been throwing shades.

Have a good shabbos/weekend everyone!
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:37 am

Post by Dunnstral »

all those categories look the same
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:38 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Why is Alisaea town? That's the only one I care about there

Btw I'm willing to lynch Davesaz as well
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:38 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I'm glad regfan is getting people off of TB
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:46 am

Post by Kop »

In post 1138, Superhans wrote:[quote="In post 1100
In post 608, Superhans wrote:I know one thing for sure, that is ThinkBig and Antihuman AREN'T scum together.
ThinkBig and AntiHuman were engaged in a fight to the death. AntiHuman was fighting from the jaws of death under intense pressure. He was pushing ThinkBig very very hard. I doubted that two scum would want to fight so hard, even by bussing standards, since AntiHuman was actually producing some fairly valid scum claims on ThinkBig (undermining his logic).
However,
Looking back on it, you can see that their relationship was more nuanced:
If it was a S v T fight to the death then why did ThinkBig back off halfway through the fight to go after Dunnstral?
That last comment is actually a good point, if I was to put myself in that mindset, it would tell me that TB saw that the pressure was going too far on AH and felt that he needed to try and stall it by any means, so that he went after Dunnstral in hope that attention would divert off AH. And to add to the fact that when the onus was put back onto TB, TB claimed that whilst he was voting for Dunnstral, he was still ready to push AH if time required, so he was still ready to switch in case he couldn't do enough to get focus placed elsewhere and he wouldn't look as bad for trying to deflect.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:19 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Uh, Antihero was traitor? not a good?

Surely if the two of you are suggesting that thinkbig moved off of antihero because he knew he was the traitor, you can point to where thinkbig would have known that antihero was a traitor? Some kind of tell, or soft, or the way Ah acted?

Coming out hard on a maf buddy doesn't scream "traitor" to me.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

No but seriously - point out how Thinkbig knows AH is a traitor there or I'm going to vote you.

@Kop
@Superhans

Return to “Completed Open Games”