Pick Your Power: Double Deck (GAME OVER)

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5675 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:42 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I accidentally submitted the kill in spades neighborhood instead of scum chat
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5676 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:42 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

honestly i wish i had these guessing powers mathblade speculates i have

could have guessed the scumteam D1 and we wouldn't be in this mess
gerryoat wrote:Wait guys. is there a reason there was no kill in the night? like was there a card stopping it or was it a doc save?
this is like the fifth time we've explained it

scum only get 1 kill per phase (they can use it D1 OR N1, but not both). we disabled it for one phase (when grey claimed to shoot titus, so we know it's not a factional kill).

nothing abnormal has happened yet with the kills
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #5677 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:43 am

Post by Dunnstral »

There was no kill during the night because scum chose not to use it, and instead went for davesaz during the day
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5678 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:43 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5657, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:hghghghgghgh

but mathblade................

like i absolutely refuse to believe that mathblade is town and playing this poorly

i'm sorry

but i really tried
Last time someone said this in a completed game it was my first forum game I wasn't instalynched because newb I tunneled them for three days and got them lynched two minutes before EoD. And guess what they were scum.

Reads disagreement is NAI (the wiki says townaligned but I don't buy that). What matters is why.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5679 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:45 am

if you were actually town i doubt you'd be pushing on a mechanically impossible scumteam so i mean

it's not read disagreement i'm talking about
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5680 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:45 am

like i can't talk about why i have high expectations of your ability to solve this game mechanically as town because site rules

but your play here has been unreal

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5681 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

Explain how it is mechanically impossible.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5682 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:46 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 5669, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:yeah i think {Kison, LUV, TWIE} is probably our best bet in actually finding the supposed unclaimed Ace of Clubs - vengeful is a terrible fakeclaim and i think mathblade is confirmed gov't?

currently i do believe in it but i'm not lynching in that pool until drealfucker and i decide what type of inventory (clubs in general or ace of clubs only) to do so we can be sure it's not a wild goose chase
Mathblade claimed before Ace of Clubs became a deathclaim, too.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5683 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:46 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

why do you think its more likely that the Ac is hiding as a club rather than as any other safe to claim non diamond?

pre inventory i mean.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #5684 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:47 am

Post by Dunnstral »

We have inventory results on everything but club right? I haven't been counting cards; does everything add up
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #5685 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:48 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Make sure to account for davesaz drawing the cop card when we had a 4 being before or after the inventory (?)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #5686 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:48 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Also, what's the holdup? Let's lynch mathblade today
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5687 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:52 am

In post 5681, MathBlade wrote:Explain how it is mechanically impossible.
two assumptions must be made:
  • A: that i'm not fucking lucky enough to pick a stupid fakeclaim (something that has a result that can be proven) and actually bs the right result

B: that jackel attempted to venge maria but an ace of clubs protected her
Maxous's hand is confirmed. His three neighbors are Vecna, Fishy, and davesaz. 3 hoods = 3 hearts. no clubs to fakeclaim ace of clubs with.

-Grey-'s hand is confirmed. We have a double lynch today, he vigged Titus, he's in the hearts hood. None of those cards are clubs.

Dunnstral's hand is also confirmed, as rb talked about him in being two hoods and people have verified that he's in all three hoods he claimed he's in. All hoods cards.

MEANING

that I have to be the holder of the ace of clubs.

I am a verified member of the clubs hood, so I can't be fakeclaiming that card.

My IC card will soon be verified.

The only card I can possibly be faking having is the 3 of clubs, but then I would have to bullshit a result. It's not like a tracker claim, that can reasonably be predicted, or a cop claim that's basically a 50/50 shot of getting right. I HAVE TO HAD GUESSED EXACTLY WHAT CARDS THE PLAYERLIST PICKED IN ORDER FOR MY CLAIM TO BE BULLSHITTED

that makes zero fucking sense. occam says your reads are abysmal
Dunnstral wrote:We have inventory results on everything but club right? I haven't been counting cards; does everything add up
no only diamonds, we can't have everything-but-one-suit because if you know 3 suits you know 4, but if you know 2 suits you don't know 3.

math i'm too lazy to explain but it's simple stuff tbh

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5688 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:53 am

In post 5687, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:I HAD TO HAVE GUESSED EXACTLY WHAT CARDS THE PLAYERLIST PICKED IN ORDER FOR MY CLAIM TO BE BULLSHITTED

Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5689 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:53 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Thanks MB. My thoughts
inline

In post 5671, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5628, Fishythefish wrote:Am I missing anything else interesting outside of the slip that makes any of Dunn, giga, or Grey likely scum? I may be forgetting something, but my impression of the case is:

1) Dunn is scum due to the slip.
2) Giga is scum because Dunn claimed to protect them, and probably wouldn't protect town.
3) Grey is scum for shooting Titus after Dunn slipped it.

Anything you'd add to that?

PEDIT: maybe, if they were off the ball. Why?
Number 2 is slightly different.
Giga is scum because Dunn claimed to protect them and I don't see anyone taking a suicide card unless they knew a doctor was going to protect them or had a fear of death and tried to get out as much as possible.
So, you think giga is scum, and was OK with the two of hearts because they had a scumbuddy to protect them? Three problems:

1) If Dunn died, giga was left high and dry.
2) In that case, why on earth would giga claim the two and ask for protection? Because:
3) The two of hearts is really bad for scum, particularly when claimed. Because of the IC power.

Maxous is scum for leading that BS wagon and not reexamining reads and going along with the claim mechanics when Maxous usually doesn't like mechanical crap.
Max is pretty town in our neighbour QT.

Giga furthermore is scum because he is trying to say "I didn't lie to Town about results" as saying he is Town. Karnos did the same thing under my guidance in 1800 and gave a conftown.
Nah, giga is making the very specific point that their confirmed inventory power means they certainly have the card for it. Not claiming to be town at all with that, AFAIC.

Grey is scum not just for the slip but how they have been bosom buddies on wagons. Grey flip flops on occasion but inevitably they end up together.
Why does this make them scum? This isn't a typical scum tactic.

Does it not bug anyone how similar all these lynches are?
Hmmm. Not really. There's a bit of groupthink going on, for sure. But (whether it's right or wrong) I'm pretty damn sure it's townled.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5690 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:54 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 5683, TheWayItEnds wrote:why do you think its more likely that the Ac is hiding as a club rather than as any other safe to claim non diamond?

pre inventory i mean.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5691 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:55 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 5623, gerryoat wrote:
In post 5621, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5620, gerryoat wrote:
In post 5595, Maxous wrote:Again.
Read Gerry-Maria interactions
In post 5596, -Grey- wrote:Is bussing a thing, or is it not?
anyone who thinks me and maria are maf together either needs their head checked or is scum. this case, he is scum with dunn
I agree and they are trying to get rid of the biggest proponent of that. Notice how Dunn and Grey are practically inseparable on vote counts?
then why the FUCK arent you voting dunn
In post 5624, gerryoat wrote:mathblade it's possible you could be bussing him. but i will give you the benefit of the doubt right now. can you vote dunn
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5692 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:55 am

Post by MathBlade »

Or Jackel didn't vig or Jackel vengefuled me when I was BP or Jackel shot someone who was healed or ...

You are basing it on as if Jackel vengeful was done and healed. There is no concrete proof of this occurring. I am of the opinion it didn't and jackel98 lost interest like when I played with him on a newbie game.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5693 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:56 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 5687, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:that makes zero fucking sense. occam says your reads are abysmal
Now, let's be fair here. Your logic says that MB has at least one error in a 4-man scumlist. If he's 3/4, that's not exactly abysmal :)
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5694 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:57 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5691, gerryoat wrote:
In post 5623, gerryoat wrote:
In post 5621, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5620, gerryoat wrote:
In post 5595, Maxous wrote:Again.
Read Gerry-Maria interactions
In post 5596, -Grey- wrote:Is bussing a thing, or is it not?
anyone who thinks me and maria are maf together either needs their head checked or is scum. this case, he is scum with dunn
I agree and they are trying to get rid of the biggest proponent of that. Notice how Dunn and Grey are practically inseparable on vote counts?
then why the FUCK arent you voting dunn
In post 5624, gerryoat wrote:mathblade it's possible you could be bussing him. but i will give you the benefit of the doubt right now. can you vote dunn
As long as it is in those 4 I don't care who it is but I am getting mislynched today. I won't agree with the scumlead train of derp so I have to go. I am just making my case clear before someone hammers. Who my vote on is wholly irrelevant.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5695 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:57 am

In post 5690, TheWayItEnds wrote:
In post 5683, TheWayItEnds wrote:why do you think its more likely that the Ac is hiding as a club rather than as any other safe to claim non diamond?

pre inventory i mean.
hmm

i think the only claim that happened pre-inventory was MB correct me if i'm wrong
MathBlade wrote:Or Jackel didn't vig or Jackel vengefuled me when I was BP or Jackel shot someone who was healed or ...

You are basing it on as if Jackel vengeful was done and healed. There is no concrete proof of this occurring. I am of the opinion it didn't and jackel98 lost interest like when I played with him on a newbie game.
so your theory is he forgot to submit a kill?

i already pointed out he had a townread on your slot, you're not a likely target

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5696 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:58 am

In post 5693, Fishythefish wrote:
In post 5687, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:that makes zero fucking sense. occam says your reads are abysmal
Now, let's be fair here. Your logic says that MB has at least one error in a 4-man scumlist. If
he's
they're 3/4, that's not exactly abysmal :)
then they need to pick one of {LUV, Kison, TWIE} to take my spot in that team :/

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5697 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:59 am

Post by MathBlade »

Claiming for protection removes a doctor from town.

Max is the only one I Waffle on.

Again my point is not that Giga can't inventory. He could have provided accurate information. I am not doubting the card. I am doubting the player behind the card. Providing true results doesn't make you Town it makes it not a scum claim.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5698 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:00 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

no i mean.

if we only have an inventory on diamond.

you're working on the assumption that the Ac must have claimed it as another club to hide it. i dont think thats neccesarily true.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5699 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:00 am

math.

math.
In post 3478, Jackel98 wrote:
@MOD:
Am I supposed to wait for my flip to submit my kill, or can I now?
do you think this is the post of someone who decided to not submit a kill

gonna answer twie next

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”