Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 317, DodgeTheSaint wrote:Now's a good time to talk about the draft then yes?

My main concern of course is drafting a scum player puts us into LyLo if we fail to flip scum. I know someone somewhere suggested drafting scumreads from the other brand to lynch them (that may have been suggested by SD) and that's a bad idea. My secondary concern is that I like the pace our game is going, I think it's more conductive to town play than how SD is going, so I'd be against picking a high volume poster to 'jumpstart' our brand. This time of year is always slow on mafiascum, we should embrace the serenity. If we were moving at the pace SD is moving, we'd never even consider lynching Penguinos, because he'd be in the background.

My most requested is Vifam, and least requested is Titus, for reasons that I think are obvious.
Another thing that pinged me and made me think three scum here two scum there. How did you boldly claim it would be LyLO? This is fearmongering or inside knowledge neither of which is good.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 774, malpascp wrote:Unlynchable: MathBlade
Lynchable: LUV then McMenno

Math vs Dodge seems like TvT
Better explain before I kill him then.

Why is Dodge town? Especially when he won't give reads?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:31 pm

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

I don't believe you could pull quotes from my ISO and keep up with the thread in real time.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 777, DodgeTheSaint wrote:I don't believe you could pull quotes from my ISO and keep up with the thread in real time.
Then scumread me for it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:34 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 779, DodgeTheSaint wrote:No, because that's a ridiculous thing to say, let alone believe.
I come from an educational background. I am very familiar with reading comprehension speeds of most people. That is why 20 seconds a post when looking for something specific is not reasonable.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

You're right, but we're at a point where he has to kill me anyway.

I understand McMenno. Why Lil Uzi over Nero?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 781, DodgeTheSaint wrote:

You're right, but we're at a point where he has to kill me anyway.

I understand McMenno. Why Lil Uzi over Nero?
They. I am a They.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by MathBlade »

And I have to kill someone. If someone convinces me you are Town I won't shoot you DTS.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:40 pm

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

In post 780, MathBlade wrote:
In post 779, DodgeTheSaint wrote:No, because that's a ridiculous thing to say, let alone believe.
I come from an educational background. I am very familiar with reading comprehension speeds of most people. That is why 20 seconds a post when looking for something specific is not reasonable.
Do they not teach you how to use the internet? Because you can do a couple of things on a webpage. You can open multiple tabs, assuming you have a computer with a least Windows Vista. You can press Ctrl + f to bring up the 'Find' function, and type in a word. There are only 41 instances of the word Nero in their ISO. There were less when I did it.

Sorry about the pronouns, let me know if I do it again. I probably have done it many times already.
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

I can't believe I had to go ahead and look up how many times the word Nero appears in Chara's ISO. Seriously this is why I hate nonsense like this that has no rational basis in a mafia game.
MathBlade wrote:And I have to kill someone. If someone convinces me you are Town I won't shoot you DTS.
You need to specifically kill me. I'm not having my mislynch hang over the town in MyLo or LyLo. Even if someone convinces you I'm town you still have to do it I'm afraid.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:44 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 785, DodgeTheSaint wrote:I can't believe I had to go ahead and look up how many times the word Nero appears in Chara's ISO. Seriously this is why I hate nonsense like this that has no rational basis in a mafia game.
MathBlade wrote:And I have to kill someone. If someone convinces me you are Town I won't shoot you DTS.
You need to specifically kill me. I'm not having my mislynch hang over the town in MyLo or LyLo. Even if someone convinces you I'm town you still have to do it I'm afraid.
I will not shoot a townread. Right now you aren't.

People are dropping you are Town reads and doing nothing on it. Does this not concern you?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:52 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I gotta go but someone should explain their townreads on a Dodge before tonight.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:04 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 599, MathBlade wrote:
In post 596, Kmd4390 wrote:Malpa's 524 is bad in so many ways. I don't like the discrediting of the town reads on mcmenno by saying we all assume scum would never use abilities. I don't like things being shrugged off as WIFOM. I don't like the way he says anyone who says mcmenno is obvtown didn't read that post, rather than just disagreed with it. It feels like malpa is just intimidated by a large group of widely townread players which maybe makes me think we are on the right track with that and POE might be enough here (note that if malpa is town that's not necessarily true. Also note that, ironically enough, this would make mcmenno even more obvtown if malpa is scum).

Dodge, Penguin's situation was nothing groundbreaking. The town flip wasn't a shock. It was a deadline lynch and we shouldn't act like it was anything more. That's why I'm not surprised Nero's reads didn't change. Hell, my own didn't. Also, where do you think I've refused to take a stance? I'm only really unsure on Lil(leaning town though), banana mint who hasn't done anything, and vifam who just got here.

Almost chara, pretty sure I see what you are doing here:
Unlynchable: pepchoninga
Lynch: malpa + banana mint
Boo catch up. I am banana mint.
I know. I was fully caught up at that point.

Nero/Dodge, don't get me wrong, penguin was scummy enough to lynch. But the way that picked up steam and the timing and everything, yes it was a deadline lynch and it's not shocking penguin was town. I'm sure everyone on the wagon who was town thought and hoped we were lynching scum, myself included, but it wasn't like we had time to discuss and question penguin much and all that. It was rushed for deadline and the town flip didn't change a whole lot.
dodge wrote:you're trying to absolve yourself of any responsibility of the mislynch
My vote at the end of the day says otherwise. It wasn't a bad lynch by any means. But that doesn't mean it wasn't a deadline lynch. When did the wagon form and when was deadline? You do the math.
dodge wrote: when there are some larger things going on I don't feel like you're willing to get yourself engaged.
You're right. I stopped playing mafia because my work schedule takes me away from the game too much. Hell, even when I'm off work like today. 8 pages pop up and I'm at the hospital, then trying to meet deadlines giving rides and stuff, and taking care of 3 kids (2 being my own) so I don't get to it until 10pm when I'd rather be going to bed for my first decent sleep in like 5 days. But if I put it off, I never get caught up and everyone goes "omg scum avoiding the thread". This game is an addiction and I intend to stop again when my current games end. I apologize for the effect it has here, but I'm doing my best.
math wrote:Doesn't mason multishot vig who also talks with and/or has control over multiple shots in this thread seem a little Op especially looking at my role PM. I am having a hard time buying that MariaR and Pepto are masons.
Nah, I believe them completely.
Almost wrote:Also, drafting Maria/Pepto is out of the question at this point. If they're Masons this would be the most anti-Town play ever as it would break their power.
So what? I want to win right here in Raw. What matters is that we draft town. If we break up their ability, seriously, so what? Their ability is useless to us if they are both in smackdown. They are obvtown. Let's grab one of them.
math wrote:@Pepchinga because I can kill you or Dodge and sleep a okay in dead thread and not have a qualm about it. I don't think you or Dodge are town.
I'm town reading both of these players, especially pep. At least get a claim first if this is what you're going to do.
malpa wrote:Math vs Dodge seems like TvT
Why?
math wrote:I come from an educational background. I am very familiar with reading comprehension speeds of most people. That is why 20 seconds a post when looking for something specific is not reasonable.
If you are some kind of reading comprehension expert, can you explain why you're assuming he read every word of Almost's ISO even though he specifically said he ctrl+f'd Nero's name? And not just in his reply to this post. He said it before that.
dodge wrote:ou need to specifically kill me. I'm not having my mislynch hang over the town in MyLo or LyLo. Even if someone convinces you I'm town you still have to do it I'm afraid.
This is obvtown as fuck.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I understand how quickly most people can read information. He said Ctrl+f after I accused him of not reading. Still antight fit even with ctel+f and I am a computer programmer. I would know Ctrl+f *sigh*

No it isn't "obvTown as fuck" when you don't provide reads when asked. I don't have to do anything other than hit scum. If he continues to be a butthole because I scumread him he will not be obvTown to me. He should be trying to help Town not wallowing going "waaaaah Math scumreads me". Things change. The fact he insists that there were three scum in here makes him scum as well as fake pushes.

I do not see any "obvTown" I see complaining.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:36 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I don't think Maria and Pepto are Town. Just too many killing abilities and they took out a loved player in Creature who was freaking obvTowning.

That being said if this setup is wildly swingy which I doubt then splitting them up is a horrible idea.

Furthermore waiting for a claim from Dodge is dumb when he won't even give reads.

I fully expect it to be something like

Dodge you wanna claim?
Math won't read me as Town or "work with me" which means read me as Town so I won't claim
I vig without claim.

If Dodge wants to claim he can with his reads but my vig instantly ends the day. So if he says he won't and Almost Chara is ready to go I see no reason to not fire and if Dodge flips town then A50 and Nero need examination in that order. If he flips scum as I strongly suspect then Pepchoniga needs investigation along with LUV. Mal is townread to me. If the game is still going should be able to have people pinned.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:07 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 740, MathBlade wrote:What do you think of the masons claim?
I very much belive it's true.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:11 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 743, Nero Cain wrote:
TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game
by Motorhead blasts from the speaker as HHH, wearing blue jeans and a leather jacket, steps out onto the entrance way. In his left hand he carries a bottled water. For a moment, he stands there, basking in the attention. He takes a chug of water and spits it out it a mist of vapor as the song continues to play. He walks slowly down to the ring and then around to the south side that the camera faces. He climbs up onto the apron and turns to the camera. He takes another swig of water, leans back onto the ropes and then lunges forward and sprays the water from his mouth one final time before entering the ring. Once inside the ring he gets a microphone from ring announcer Lillian Garcia. HHH raises the mic to his lips.
In post 679, DodgeTheSaint wrote:
In post 674, Nero Cain wrote:
DodgeTheSaint wrote:At no point did I ever dispute specific reasons.
In post 432, DodgeTheSaint wrote:Nero's reasoning is bad,
In post 432, DodgeTheSaint wrote:Nero's reasoning is bad,

In post 432, DodgeTheSaint wrote:Nero's reasoning is bad

This is not something you'd say if you only disputed a few of my reasons.

DodgeTheSaint wrote: I did not know they softclaimed a PR, and I doubt as the Manager they have a further PR. But maybe that changes things, we'll see.
bullshit you didn't see this.
Yes, look at all those specific reasons!
But you are claiming is that you agreed with some reasons and others you did not. What you did is whitewash them all as bad and when I asked you what was bad you yelled that I was deflecting. And now you are
LYING
to me that you didn't do this. Like, I know I'm not going to convince scum that they are scum but I'm hoping that I can convince the derp town that don't see your lies.

In post 734, MathBlade wrote:That is possible but unlikely. I find pep's post have an authenticity about them except at certain key points of which I plan on using him talking about RVS to see about the others.

Usually Town beards have words out of their mouth all the way to the floor and do scum's job for them.
He seems new and useless to me. I'm mostly talking about how he's KMD's top town read (total wank btw) and how Dodge is trying to get him to buy into his bullshit fake "scum" read.

It seems like I had more to say but maybe I'm just tired or something. Dodge is obviously scum and I'm ok with you shooting and ending the day. Might be nice to start to hear things from Colombo but I don't really want to wait the 6 hours for her to prod dodge just to reset her timer :/
In post 741, DodgeTheSaint wrote:Mattblade, why haven't you shot me yet? Doing a ton of grandstanding and no follow through.
Don't let him get to you Math. He just wants to cut off communication.
I ain't that new, but this post is just not giving me good vibes. Like why is his case bad exactly? He made a good wall against you, and it has some reasonable points. I haven't really seen much from you. I'm seeing this as an attempt to discredit his case more than actually try to prove its bad.

What makes Dodge obviously scum?
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:14 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 748, DodgeTheSaint wrote:
In post 594, DodgeTheSaint wrote:
In post 580, Pepchoninga wrote:
In post 576, DodgeTheSaint wrote:
In post 563, Pepchoninga wrote:
In post 560, DodgeTheSaint wrote:Okay, then engage me on the reasons I think Nero is scum perhaps?
I don't really understand this question. Care to elaborate?
I would like to have a discussion with you about Nero because I think he's scum for the reasons I outlined, and you recently commented that you felt something was off.
Yes, I don't like him. Don't know but the fact that he was really sure and head strong advocated a misslynch while very common thing to happen day one (and with a chance of the conflict being TvT) is not something spthst shouldn't be questioned.

Tho something else does feel wrong in his motives about the lynch and the overall tone of the posts. I would like to hear what you could add to my case since I'm feeling pretty squished out of any more solid opinions.
I've said it a few times, and maybe I'm not explaining it well. What pinged me is his lack of evolution on the read based on what he was saying and how things played out at the end of Day 1. No, I'm not saying he should have flipped his read on Lil Uzi. But one of his major claims was that Lil Uzi was posturing to prevent his scumbuddy Pengiun from being lynched. Obviously that didn't play out that way. It didn't matter because Nero went full steam ahead on the start of Day 2 as if nothing had happened. Only now that he's been challenged on it has he decided he needs to discredit his attacker (me) rather than justify a simple thing. If Nero was town and his read on Lil Uzi sincere, why go through all the trouble to try and discredit me rather than just letting us in on his thought process? You'll recognize one of those things being a scum tactic. I'll let you figure out which one (discrediting his attacker).

My favorite part though, and this is just a small bit. Is that Nero has repeatedly accused me of using mafia buzzwords (which up until this post I don't think I have) while crying Chainsaw himself (in fact a mafia buzzword). It's not a big deal, but contradictions like that (accusing someone else of doing what you're doing) comes from scum.
For your posterity Pep, in case you missed it.

I like you though, so is there anything I can do to help you solidify some reads before my untimely demise?

That goes to the rest of the playerlist too, sans the obvious.
I didn't miss it, but forgot to comment on it.

I can see some decent accusations and I overall think you have a clear line of thought. As I said, past events really don't seem to be helping me get any solid reads, so I'm forming them on the go. I call you town for now. Got new pings from Nero too.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:19 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

Unlynchables: Kmd4390, Dodge.
Lynchables: MathBlade, Nero
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:23 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 789, MathBlade wrote:I understand how quickly most people can read information. He said Ctrl+f after I accused him of not reading. Still antight fit even with ctel+f and I am a computer programmer. I would know Ctrl+f *sigh*

No it isn't "obvTown as fuck" when you don't provide reads when asked. I don't have to do anything other than hit scum. If he continues to be a butthole because I scumread him he will not be obvTown to me. He should be trying to help Town not wallowing going "waaaaah Math scumreads me". Things change. The fact he insists that there were three scum in here makes him scum as well as fake pushes.

I do not see any "obvTown" I see complaining.
Reads are not something you should specifically scum read for. I find myself not giving reads untill I'm perfectly fine with them too. Explain ti me why this is bad, when the person is scumhunting and actually participating in the thread.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:47 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 615, MathBlade wrote:In fact I want it from everyone. Talk about how townie you are and pretend your life depends on it.
No.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:48 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 666, MathBlade wrote:
In post 660, Vifam wrote:Can we just lynch McMenno, he's literally done nothing but fencesat and sheep, he's thrown up a vote on Malp but it's pretty weak and he's not actively pushing anything so why
Nero is claimed Town by A50/Chara softing a PR. I have no interest in Nero unless A50/Chara is flipped. Do you see them as scum together?
This is bull. AC is skating by and the lynchable and unlyncable talk is busy work.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:48 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 751, MathBlade wrote:Nero scum is lethargic. I have played with Nero scum so unless he has changed his meta I doubt this is Nero scum.
This is accurate. Played with scum Nero recently and I highly doubt this is his scum game.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:30 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Mathblade, no, scum doesn't just come to terms with being shot like that but keep playing unless they are VERY good scum. Maybe Dodge is. I don't know. But that post is enough for me to keep my town read right now.

Splitting up smackdown's masons is a horrible idea FOR SMACKDOWN. It doesn't hurt this game though. It helps because we are getting a town player. Their ability is doing nothing for us anyway as long as they are in smackdown.

Waiting for claims is not dumb. It's standard play. It's playing to your win condition if you're town. What if you shoot him and he flips investigative, but we didn'tget his results. What if he flips something confirmable but he's dead so we wasted the day? If you shoot without a claim, I'm tunneling until you're dead because there is ZERO town benefit for not waiting for a claim. If he refuses to claim that's one thing, but give him the opportunity.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”