Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by Regfan »

Nope. Not how the role works, mafia don't necessarily need to know who the traitor is to play the game and the traitor already know who the mafia is, the traitor only needs to make sure their play isn't universally town read to the point where they become a night kill target (And the inclusion of a BP vest here means that's even less of an issue here), traitors literally just push the normal scum agenda and consider themselves more expendable if a counter claim or fake claim situation becomes available. This entire push that a traitor is more likely to replace into a game and hard push a partner in an attempt to get
themselves
lynched D1 to make their partner look better is a real stretch and would be very suboptimal traitor play. Traitors (Especially in this setup) have little gain from bussing in that manner, their partner might be a PR that they gave town an extra PR to get, intentionally trying to get them suspected and lynched doesn't make much sense.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:05 pm

Post by Regfan »

This games getting frustrating in that there's clearly only two scum left inside the game but there's like 5 people presenting really shotty logic that makes very little sense and it's not even impossible that they're all town.

Anyway back to reading peoples ISOs.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by Alisae »

I don't feel like they were trying to get them suspected or lynched at all at the time actually.
Look at AH's case on TB.
GTKAS
| here.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 1175, Regfan wrote:This entire push that a traitor is more likely to replace into a game and hard push a partner in an attempt to get themselves lynched D1 to make their partner look better is a real stretch and would be very suboptimal traitor play.
I don't remember reading this. Am I missing a lot of stuff?
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 1177, Alisae wrote:I don't feel like they were trying to get them suspected or lynched at all at the time actually.
Look at AH's case on TB.
Ah. It's not me being hallucinated.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Realeo »

ThinkBig next read list would be a break through so I would wait then.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by Realeo »

Am I missing context? Is this another languege confusion?

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:14 pm

Post by Realeo »

SO AntiHuman townreads SuperHans and Daveaz. Although unlike my argument about TR @ Desperado, GE, Alisae, I don't feel confindent that I can use the same thinking framework to scumread them.

Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:14 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 1177, Alisae wrote:I don't feel like they were trying to get them suspected or lynched at all at the time actually.
Look at AH's case on TB.
His vote never left ThingBig after it being placed in his first post in the game in , inside that post he presents a huge 'case' on TB being mafia and makes sure to divert a lot of attention from Gamma (Who is probably town) to TB, he continues making a case on TB inside and again in . He spent the entire day focusing on and wanting TB lynched -- this is objectively true given that his vote never moved and his next scum read inside the game was you who he only had scum because he scum read TB. The manner he handled the TB situation put the both of them in the spotlight throughout the entire day phase at a time when neither were largely suspected and this was something he intentionally designed. So you're stating that him replaces in as traitor and wants Traitor v Mafia counerwagons D1 is more likely than Traitor v Town is very illogical. Like it feels like I'm talking to someone that doesn't understand the game of mafia.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:16 pm

Post by Realeo »

You do understand that this is AntiHuman's first game, assuming AntiHuman is not alt?

Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by Regfan »

He's an alt, can't mention more in that regard due to sitewide reasons but can tell you 100% he's an alt.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by Realeo »

So your hyphothesis is that AntiHuman changes from town wagon to another town.

What is the scum motive. He can just sheep the Gamma wagon, ye?

Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 1186, Realeo wrote:So your hyphothesis is that AntiHuman changes from town wagon to another town.

What is the scum motive. He can just sheep the Gamma wagon, ye?
Him jumping on Gamma would have been a huge scum-tell, him attempting to create Town v Town counterwagons (Gamma v ThingBig) on the other hand has a lot of scum motivation. It's also not impossible that he was trying to pull a wagon of his partner and that Gamma was mafia but that's not a world that I think should be considered too heavily today given I liked Gammas soft & claim and mafia have to deal with him soon if he's legitimate.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:23 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I actually was the traitor in that game that was linked and I didn't signal at all
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:25 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Actually - does the traitor even have a bp vest? The one I played had one, and it says so in the wiki, but I don't think the role pm says anything about bulletproof
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by Realeo »

I don't get the logic of that being huge scum-tell.

To be more specific, I don't understand why a town cannot agree. The last time I replace into a game, there is no notice that says "You must disagree with the crowd."

@BP: 1 shot night kill immunity.

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1184, Realeo wrote:You do understand that this is AntiHuman's first game, assuming AntiHuman is not alt?
Wait what?

I've been mixing up antihuman with antihero this whole game
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1183, Regfan wrote:
Look at AH's case on TB.
His vote never left ThingBig after it being placed in his first post in the game in , inside that post he presents a huge 'case' on TB being mafia and makes sure to divert a lot of attention from Gamma (Who is probably town) to TB, he continues making a case on TB inside and again in . He spent the entire day focusing on and wanting TB lynched -- this is objectively true given that his vote never moved and his next scum read inside the game was you who he only had scum because he scum read TB. The manner he handled the TB situation put the both of them in the spotlight throughout the entire day phase at a time when neither were largely suspected and this was something he intentionally designed. So you're stating that him replaces in as traitor and wants Traitor v Mafia counerwagons D1 is more likely than Traitor v Town is very illogical. Like it feels like I'm talking to someone that doesn't understand the game of mafia.
But heres the thing that strikes me as odd. AH replaces in and makes a huge case on TB.
AH immediately gets scumread and has votes on them and stuff.
Like, one of their points on TB was saying that because TB went on V/LA is an excuse for not wanting to play the game.
To me his case feels purposely bad so that it seems like he's okay with getting lynched.
And people SR'd him for his shit case on TB.

It's illogical therefore it's logical, because you don't think a traitor would do that, therefore they do it.
GTKAS
| here.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1190, Realeo wrote:@BP: 1 shot night kill immunity.
Right - but it doesn't say that anywhere in the setup? It does on the wiki
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by Realeo »

That is another explanation why his mood change in L-2.

@Dunnstral: In the role PM yes

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:31 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Oh right it does say that... I guess I got confused since it wasn't bolded
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:31 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1192, Alisae wrote:It's illogical therefore it's logical, because you don't think a traitor would do that, therefore they do it.
There isn't a reason to be following logic like this
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:33 pm

Post by Regfan »

@Realo - There is no notice that you "must disagree with the crowd" however replacing in and having your focus and action being throwing a 6th? vote on someone is something that's often read as sheepish & scummy and the lack of original thought often comes from mafia there particularly given the case on Gamma wasn't a strong one. He has less motivation to want to do that regardless of Gammas alignment there as it instantly makes him look bad.

@Dunn - See, that's the way traitors play the majority of the time, this entire tin-foil world suggestion that the traitor was hard pushing a partner and the partner realised it was the traitor pushing them is insane.

@Alisea - You're not making any sense anymore, remember what Accountant was pushing Nydus for in Newbie 1764? What you're pushing here is even more illogical than that and needs to stop. The suggestion that AH intentionally made a bad case with the intention of getting himself lynched upon replacing into a game is illogical, attempting to state that his play was bad so that the illogical play becomes logical is just silly and makes me want to bring out the PL.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:35 pm

Post by Alisae »

LOL! Scum will use whatever tactics they can use to perseve as townie and attempt to get mislynches, will they not?
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:36 pm

Post by Alisae »

From either pretending to be VI, pretending to be a newbie, or being powertown and trying to lead the town in mislynches.
GTKAS
| here.

Return to “Completed Open Games”