/in-vitational Round 4 Discussion

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:20 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 0, mith wrote:Because the algorithm generally looks for an overall maximum happiness, it generally spits out one large game full of "popular" players with a really high score, while the "last" game or two have few matches and are formed as leftover games to include as many as possible. Providing significant bonuses to a player's first or second match may reduce this behavior somewhat.
Have a maximum standard deviation? If the standard deviation of happiness is over a limit, it's off the table?
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:19 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 13, callforjudgement wrote:In terms of the algorithm:

Perhaps it'd make sense to do the /in-vitational queueing in two stages, one with nonspecific signups (as player or as mod, that's it), and after that, to post the whole list and ask people to (probably secretly) rate how much they'd like to play with each player (I'd suggest a +2, +1, +0, -∞ system). That's likely to resolve the issues of players not giving enough "I'd like to play with player X" preferences. (I don't think I could list many players who I'd particularly like to play with, but on the other hand, given a list of players, I'd almost certainly give many of them positive ratings.)
This algorithm is superior in terms of data handling and computation. I endorse this solution.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:20 pm

Post by Realeo »

And it look nice on Google Form. No more data nightmare.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:18 pm

Post by Realeo »

/in

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:23 pm

Post by Realeo »

@Pepper : If I want to play with 3 other player, I can ally with 3 other player and give +3 to each other in the group to ensure that we would be together because when all three of us together, the utility of the game is inflated by the +3 chain.

Let us do the example in actio:

If there is A, B, C,D in a group and they want to stick to a team. A should give +3 to B, C, D. B should give +3 to A, C,D a,nd so on.

I don't know how the utility is calculated. However, if the formula is a simple summation, the computer may pick up the fact that if the game has A, B, C,D, it would increase the utility of the game by +36 points. (+6 X 6 relations)

The system can be manipulated in your favor.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:27 pm

Post by Realeo »

@Pepper : I can totally see your concern,
but I am trying to think that your suggestion would be a logistic nightmare.
We need to remember that

a) it's not as easy as "splitting the group into smaller team". We have to remember the supply of moderator.

b) Your suggestion is assuming that the splitting is done by human. I think the splitting is run by computer algorithm. Coding would be tougher.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:40 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 37, Pepper wrote:but only if we would have the option to be *guaranteed* to be able to play in the same game together.
Have you try Hydra?

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:23 pm

Post by Realeo »

Never properly /in eh?

/in

Return to “Mafia Discussion”