Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Mod: Can you please issue some prods? There is a lot of inactivity.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

@Dodge -- The readwall would be the biggest thing to help with reads. That and a claim so I can see where I went wrong.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:31 pm

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

My entire role PM flips, so that isn't necessary.

And I'd rather talk through reads than just give a passive wall. Hence my insistence in talking.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

A passive wall is infinitely better for a player like me to improve with as it is one stop for everything you think rather than having to slog through your ISO.

But you said not to shoot you til you claimed but now a claim is not needed? What?

And that will end up cluttering the thread. Barring anything from A50 or anything else I plan on shooting you late tonight or early Sunday.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:38 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 856, DodgeTheSaint wrote:Because I'm gonna be very annoyed if after having to suffer through your grandstanding is that I'll be watching you continue to follow Nero and AC on Day 3.
Just a FYI, if I've learned anything about Math's play as either alignment in any given game it's they NEVER "follow" anyone. I mean NEVER. They always have their own thoughts, their own logic and their own reads.

Ok, let's play a little game. Let's pretend that I Town read you and you Town read me back. Now give me your top 3 Scum reads in this brand with proper and sufficient reasoning (I'll even let you decide the definition of "proper" and "sufficient"). You think you can do that?

~A50
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:42 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 858, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I believe the claim so I see no reason to break up the masons.
Also, reading this again I see you see it my way. Doesn't that give you a pose or an urge for second thoughts?

I mean, Scum!Me would certainly want to execute the Masons, and we have even been provided with "an out" to do it. I we're Scum them it's likely the Masons aren't really Masons. so, why do you choose to believe they are indeed Masons while simultaneously being suspicious of our slot?

~A50
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:44 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 880, Almost Chara wrote:
In post 858, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I believe the claim so I see no reason to break up the masons.
Also, reading this again I see you see it my way. Doesn't that give you a pose or an urge for second thoughts?

I mean, Scum!Me would certainly want to execute the Masons, and we have even been provided with "an out" to do it. I we're Scum them it's likely the Masons aren't really Masons. so, why do you choose to believe they are indeed Masons while simultaneously being suspicious of our slot?

~A50
Please rewrite the sentence with I we're...

I do not follow it at all.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:46 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

~A50
Because your thoughts and reads or anyone else's thoughts and reads on what's going on Smackdown shouldn't have an effect on how you read people here.
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:48 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 861, DodgeTheSaint wrote:Also I literally want no other outcome than you shooting me, so please stop with the 'woe is me he's trying to scare me into not shooting him' nonsense. No, I'm trying to shame you into playing better. I don't use the word shame to make you feel bad, I use it to make a point because you've stuck yourself into a confirm bias spiral.
Once again, this is a HORRIBLE stance IF you are Town. You should ONLY want to be lynched/vigged if it benefits the Town if you have Town win con. Are you a Super Saint or a Vengeful Townie by any chance? I mean, THAT could be it, and would make your persistence on getting Vigged understandable and even plausible.

~A50

P-edit: "IF we're Scum then.."
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:49 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 882, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:

~A50
Because your thoughts and reads or anyone else's thoughts and reads on what's going on Smackdown shouldn't have an effect on how you read people here.
That to me is false. Very very false.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:51 pm

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

Why does AC know that mafia on this brand would know who the mafia on the other brand are?
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:51 pm

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

In post 883, Almost Chara wrote:
In post 861, DodgeTheSaint wrote:Also I literally want no other outcome than you shooting me, so please stop with the 'woe is me he's trying to scare me into not shooting him' nonsense. No, I'm trying to shame you into playing better. I don't use the word shame to make you feel bad, I use it to make a point because you've stuck yourself into a confirm bias spiral.
Once again, this is a HORRIBLE stance IF you are Town. You should ONLY want to be lynched/vigged if it benefits the Town if you have Town win con. Are you a Super Saint or a Vengeful Townie by any chance? I mean, THAT could be it, and would make your persistence on getting Vigged understandable and even plausible.

~A50

P-edit: "IF we're Scum then.."
So I can be mislynched in MyLo/LyLo instead? No thanks.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:55 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 885, DodgeTheSaint wrote:Why does AC know that mafia on this brand would know who the mafia on the other brand are?
I didn't get the impression that he suggested that was the case but IMHO that would be a requirement for this setup.

Given the town wincon of each is remove the heels from your brand then if a scum was traded they would have to instantly learn who their scumbuddies are is a bit too much.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:56 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Where do you think they suggested that?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:58 pm

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

I disagree, the scumteams are functionally different ones. If that were the case than the managers would be innocent childs.

Post #880 where AC goes 'If we're scum then we know if the masons aren't masons..."
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:03 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 889, DodgeTheSaint wrote:I disagree, the scumteams are functionally different ones. If that were the case than the managers would be innocent childs.

Post #880 where AC goes 'If we're scum then we know if the masons aren't masons..."
The managers wouldn't be innocent children. If no posts existed could easily be A50 and Maria and Titus and other random people. Scum could easily control one or both. I do not think scum are split like that. Otherwise if Town is winning one game and losing another then they could repeatedly no lynch the last scum and bring over a top scumread lynch them and repeat while sending over obvTown.

Scum not knowing all members while all of Town can weirdly communicate is broken to me.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:04 pm

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

I think you misunderstand what I was saying.

If the scumteams know who each other are, then the managers can't be scum. (I'm also making the assumption that the managers have to be the same alignment)
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:05 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I think AC and massive are townreads but hem being Town is not a necessity if scum know who each other all are.

Besides each scum team would have an easy way of telling the other team who the scum are soooo...Kind of ridiculous to assume they don't know.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:05 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 891, DodgeTheSaint wrote:I think you misunderstand what I was saying.

If the scumteams know who each other are, then the managers can't be scum. (I'm also making the assumption that the managers have to be the same alignment)
I disagree with that assumption.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by MathBlade »

The managers have to be of the same alignment. If it was not a public vote I would expect that randomized.

If I was missing this setup I would have all scum know who they are.

I seriously do not see a world where scum don't know.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:09 pm

Post by MathBlade »

The rest of your assumption falls apart after that.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:10 pm

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

Okay BUT

You just said the scumteam's would know each other.

ERGO if one of the manager's is scum, they just draft all the scum and we're not actually playing mafia.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:13 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 897, DodgeTheSaint wrote:Okay BUT

You just said the scumteam's would know each other.

ERGO if one of the manager's is scum, they just draft all the scum and we're not actually playing mafia.
They can't draft all the mafia.

They can draft one person from the other side. However that must be explained and it is why communication happens. They have to convince the town that would be the proper play. If they don't then they get lynched. It is still Mafia is a manager is scum. For example if AC doesn't post what they are doing my townread of them significantly weakens or outright disappears. They may submit it but if Town doesn't agree they are fucked.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:14 pm

Post by MathBlade »

If the town is fooled into drafting mafia every time then Town lost because mafia deceived them. The submission is more a placeholder than anything.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”