Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:42 am

Post by Revan »

I'm townreading wguerts because he is driving the game, and I can hardly find any slipups in his play. This would be very hard to accomplish as scum.

Lucca seems like a nice fellow, and his game-solving looks genuine. So I am townreading him too! :)

I will try and find scum now!
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:45 am

Post by Revan »

I feel like mozamis's read is scum KNOWING it wasn't a gambit. Mozamis is definitely in my lynch pool for today, but I still want some content before voting.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:56 am

Post by wgeurts »

VOTE: Friend Computer

Still awaiting the mods answer on Hawk.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:12 am

Post by karnos »

In post 200, wgeurts wrote:Phone-posting whilst commuting:
@Mod, what is the nature of the kill and what is Hawk's role? That sort of information should be available to us, could you confirm whether it is a mod-kill or mafia shot?
Absolutely correct regarding Hawk's role.
will be edited shortly to show the flip.

As far as the kill, I will make it clear if I ever have the need to make a mod-kill. In other words, the kill shown in was due to a normal mechanic of the game.

mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:40 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 198, lucca261 wrote:I think that maybe we were going on the right track, and so, they killed Hawk to reset the lynches and try to put paranoia on us.
yeah this is what i meant
lucca more town for this
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:47 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 208, Ultimate Despair wrote:which is a pretty surface-level treatment
it's also ockhams razor. may not suffice for the whole game, but for day one, early reads, it's not a bad way to start P.O.E.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Ultimate Despair
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:49 am

Post by Ultimate Despair »

In post 230, mozamis wrote:
In post 208, Ultimate Despair wrote:which is a pretty surface-level treatment
it's also ockhams razor. may not suffice for the whole game, but for day one, early reads, it's not a bad way to start P.O.E.
Hey cool. Now do you want to discuss the issue of Magna disagreeing with your take and his reasons, or are you just gonna respond to the part of my post you wanted to respond to?

Also, were you aware of magna's point when you made your 91 in the first place or had you missed it?

-M
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:51 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 208, Ultimate Despair wrote:why did you think that 39 was in particular town? Do you think Magna's points are illegitimate or incorrect?
god, dont get so pedantic. wgerts is so, so town. if you have ANY experience of this game at all, you know he is.
Ultimate Despair
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:52 am

In post 226, Revan wrote:I feel like mozamis's read is scum KNOWING it wasn't a gambit. Mozamis is definitely in my lynch pool for today, but I still want some content before voting.
Generically I would tend to agree with this one, but I'm a bit hesitant just because it's possible that this was more in response to doom being a slot that attracted votes (i.e. if it had simply come out of nowhere, I'd be more inclined to think it just made it a villager spew in the world where Mozami flips scum). I cautiously agree that doom gets town points given a red flip from mozami, but I don't think it's hard clearing.

-M
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:53 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 209, Ultimate Despair wrote:Personally, I think that "we were on the right track so scum kinda panicked" makes more sense than "this was a well-thought out plan to magically get town distracted"
completely agree, lets press on!
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:57 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 212, Sesq wrote:As for it being a scum point for lucca, it's all gut.
Oh come on ,this isn't acceptable.
Lazy scum.
Ultimate Despair
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:59 am

In post 232, mozamis wrote:
In post 208, Ultimate Despair wrote:why did you think that 39 was in particular town? Do you think Magna's points are illegitimate or incorrect?
god, dont get so pedantic. wgerts is so, so town. if you have ANY experience of this game at all, you know he is.
Hey cool, now you've shown awareness of the points being raised and have dismissed them as my being pedantic.

Because 39? Not an obvtown post. wgeurts may well be town, but that post wasn't a solid reason for it, and I'm concerned about the fact that you concluded that it was solid cause to townread him.

-M
Ultimate Despair
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:59 am

In post 234, mozamis wrote:
In post 209, Ultimate Despair wrote:Personally, I think that "we were on the right track so scum kinda panicked" makes more sense than "this was a well-thought out plan to magically get town distracted"
completely agree, lets press on!
Thoughts on FC vs sesq? Generically I would consider it highly likely that at least one of them is scum, but why do you think sesq in particular over FC?

-M
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:07 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 225, Revan wrote:I will try and find scum now!
this made me laugh.
for what is worth, just as i was beginning to scum read him, i foun dit town as well. it's so bloody sincere lol
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:09 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 223, mozamis wrote:sesq was beginning to look bit more town to me
i officially retract this remark.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:11 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 235, mozamis wrote:
In post 212, Sesq wrote:As for it being a scum point for lucca, it's all gut.
Oh come on ,this isn't acceptable.
Lazy scum.
You conveniently cut out the parts in which I say that I'm not going to make a vote on zero evidence (and by extension, nor should anyone else).

This cherrypicking really doesn't bode well for you.

PEDIT: Why?
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:11 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 226, Revan wrote:I feel like mozamis's read is scum KNOWING it wasn't a gambit. Mozamis is definitely in my lynch pool for today, but I still want some content before voting.
i've posted a lot, put up or shut up.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:14 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 241, mozamis wrote:
i've posted a lot, put up or shut up.
Your defense is "I've posted a lot."

I'd put this up as being either scum or being absolutely fucking terrible at this, but you've been around here for a while.
Has anyone here played with Mozamis before, and how does it usually go for him, be it town or scum?
Ultimate Despair
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:14 am

Actually I'll go even further. Generically, I would consider it fairly likely that one of the following is true

1) FC or Sesq was the scum dayvig and panicked
2) FC and Sesq were both scum and they both (or perhaps their whole team) collectively panicked

I think that Hawk was a pretty bizarre shot if this was some kind of well thought out, intentional scum strategy. I think that it's exceptionally strange to waste one of two valuable kill shots on a relative newbie who has made only 15 posts, at a time when day 1 was nowhere close to being over (scum get only two free kills, and it is highly likely that at some point during the game, at least one townie will emerge as someone that the scum REALLY want dead but can't easily get mislynched, and there is a pretty decent list of people here who could plausibly slip into that role eventually). The most logical explanation is, rather than this being a wise move, that this was a panicked and ill-thought out reaction to the game state.

Not sure whether that makes me want to wagon Sesq or FC, but I'm somewhat skeptical that I'd want to wagon elsewhere.

-M
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:32 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 243, Ultimate Despair wrote:Actually I'll go even further. Generically, I would consider it fairly likely that one of the following is true

1) FC or Sesq was the scum dayvig and panicked
2) FC and Sesq were both scum and they both (or perhaps their whole team) collectively panicked

I think that Hawk was a pretty bizarre shot if this was some kind of well thought out, intentional scum strategy. I think that it's exceptionally strange to waste one of two valuable kill shots on a relative newbie who has made only 15 posts, at a time when day 1 was nowhere close to being over (scum get only two free kills, and it is highly likely that at some point during the game, at least one townie will emerge as someone that the scum REALLY want dead but can't easily get mislynched, and there is a pretty decent list of people here who could plausibly slip into that role eventually). The most logical explanation is, rather than this being a wise move, that this was a panicked and ill-thought out reaction to the game state.

Not sure whether that makes me want to wagon Sesq or FC, but I'm somewhat skeptical that I'd want to wagon elsewhere.

-M
Why would I want to kill someone I could make a scumread out of?
Ultimate Despair
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:47 am

In post 244, Sesq wrote:Why would I want to kill someone I could make a scumread out of?
Well, you were being wagoned and he wasn't, for starters. I don't think it'd be a GOOD reason to shoot him, but i could certainly see it being A reason for you to shoot him.

Who do you think had the most kill motive on Hawk then, and why?
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:54 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 245, Ultimate Despair wrote:
In post 244, Sesq wrote:Why would I want to kill someone I could make a scumread out of?
Well, you were being wagoned and he wasn't, for starters. I don't think it'd be a GOOD reason to shoot him, but i could certainly see it being A reason for you to shoot him.

Who do you think had the most kill motive on Hawk then, and why?
I think right now it was just something to distract and put people off. He might have posed a threat to someone, or it could be framing me i hope to get me mislynched, but I heavily doubt that last one.

Overall, I don't know, and nor does anyone else it seems. Definitely don't stop looking into it, though.
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:12 am

Post by Revan »

I don't think we should analyze the DKs, it's just a waste of time.
―Darth Malak to Revan
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:26 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 247, Revan wrote:I don't think we should analyze the DKs, it's just a waste of time.
This reeks of scum.
Ultimate Despair
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:38 am

In post 247, Revan wrote:I don't think we should analyze the DKs, it's just a waste of time.
This is an action that we KNOW came from scum, why should we not be analyzing it? Do you think it's scummy of people to be talking about it, or just non-productive?

Also, since you think it's a non-productive activity, what exactly should we be doing instead then?

-M

Return to “Completed Open Games”