Mini Theme Game Queue

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:22 am

Post by Tywin Lannister »

Confirming hydra entry of me/Alisae.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:46 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Confirming my Spyro Pre-in!
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:57 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 1868, Andrius wrote:
Regarding Time-to-Fill

I'm totally ok with restricting the amount of time it takes to get signups. A game sitting for even two weeks is a long time, especially when there are other mods behind them in the queue waiting.

Part of the reason I've been avoiding this queue, as a mod, is there's little control over when I can run the game. In the Large Theme Queue you know you'll be approved or not within a day or two, and signups within days. If I have time to run a game now-ish, I don't want to have to wait a month to run a game when I'm available now. I'll either not run the game or redesign it into a large game and be in signups within three days, pending approval ofc.

And, T-Bone, if you're wanting games' durations to be around a month, I think that shortening the wait time is critical, especially if it takes longer to get a game into signups than it takes to actually run the game.
Start to finish for a Mod inning to the queue to their game filling. I'll edit the wording.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:28 am

Post by KainTepes »

confirming keyen's HOGWART MAFIA
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto

"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:28 am

Post by beeboy »

/out hogwarts
/in spyro
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:29 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

/in hogwarts
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:42 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

I have pre-/ins from beeboy, Flubbernugget, Not_Mafia, and MagnaofIllusion. It looks like everyone aside from Flubbernugget confirmed already. :]

Please note the prerequisite to in for my game, 3 completed games: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p8562357
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:08 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

@T-Bone

I think it would be a decent idea to enforce (or even restrict slightly) the time allowed for games to fill, with exceptions in slower times (as they do in the Micro queue).
However, an awful lot of work does indeed go into these games, and I think Mods should be offered a chance to re-in their games with the list of players who signed up originally as preins. Bump them to the bottom of the queue or give them a week's wait to decide if they want to /in the same setup, change it up slightly, or abandon it.

I like the idea of a speedy queue, as I think it helps players and mods. It needs to respect the amount of work it takes to set up a themed game too though.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:12 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 1882, Aristophanes wrote:
@T-Bone

I think it would be a decent idea to enforce (or even restrict slightly) the time allowed for games to fill, with exceptions in slower times (as they do in the Micro queue).
However, an awful lot of work does indeed go into these games, and I think Mods should be offered a chance to re-in their games with the list of players who signed up originally as preins. Bump them to the bottom of the queue or give them a week's wait to decide if they want to /in the same setup, change it up slightly, or abandon it.

I like the idea of a speedy queue, as I think it helps players and mods. It needs to respect the amount of work it takes to set up a themed game too though.
Only problem that I can see with that is if the host wants to err.. host at a specific time.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

/confirm pre in
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1883, LicketyQuickety wrote:
@T-Bone

Only problem that I can see with that is if the host wants to err.. host at a specific time.
Which would be covered in the latter in a sense. Just be like "Nah, if it didn't fill I'll enter it fresh another time."

Easy as that!
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:47 pm

Post by Human Sequencer »

I think your suggestion of a 15 day cut off is valid, due to it's objective statistical backing. I think that would be an excellent change to make.
nah
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:16 pm

Post by xyzzy »

one option that comes to mind is this: 12 day deadline to fill extended by 1 day every time someone joins your game. so if it's a 13-player game and, say, 8 people join after 1 day, you have another 19 days to get the remaining 5. these numbers might potentially need to be tweaked, but I think the general concept of letting games that accumulate players continue to do so even if it's a slow trickle while cutting games that fail to attract any interest at all fairly rapidly.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:18 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1887, xyzzy wrote:one option that comes to mind is this: 12 day deadline to fill extended by 1 day every time someone joins your game. so if it's a 13-player game and, say, 8 people join after 1 day, you have another 19 days to get the remaining 5. these numbers might potentially need to be tweaked, but I think the general concept of letting games that accumulate players continue to do so even if it's a slow trickle while cutting games that fail to attract any interest at all fairly rapidly.
That'd take a lot of work on the listmod's part.

I mean, I like it, I just doubt it'd be implimented.
- Jingle
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:22 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

/Confirm pre-in for Hogwarts Mafia.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:40 am

Post by BNL »

/out to mod

/in to mod the same game

Not really ready to mod it yet
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:22 am

Post by KainTepes »

Confirm Hogwarts pre-in
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto

"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:08 am

Post by shos »

/in hogwarts if there is space
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:43 am

Post by Secret Agent Jin »

/confirm pre-in Hogwarts
I totally stole this idea from Human Sequencer
Video that changes often, Enjoy!: https://youtu.be/Ob4b-EGgI9Y
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:10 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1863, keyenpeydee wrote:
  • Shadow_step
  • BlueBloodedToffee
  • Secret Agent Jin
  • Pepchoninga
  • Beeboy

• Clumsy Phoenix (Clumsy + Shaziro)
  • KainTepes
Here are my pre-ins!
* = Awaiting confirmation.
All players have confirmed :)
/IN The Hogwarts Mafia
Anotora
Anotora
Goon
Anotora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:11 pm

Post by Anotora »

/in Hogwarts
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:10 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

I think my game was hammered... <3
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:37 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

Mini 1864 ended in a
Mafia victory

I'll run a new game soon probably.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Mini 1872: The Hogwarts Mafia
has filled for keyenpeydee with the following players...

Shadow_step
BlueBloodedToffee
Secret Agent Jin
Pepchoninga
Clumsy Phoenix (Clumsy + Shaziro)
KainTepes
Screenplay
Frosty Scales (Alisae and Tywin Lannister)
Not_Mafia
Lil Uzi Vert
shos
Keyser Soze
Anotora

*NEW*

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Comments to the comments time?
In post 1867, Infinity 324 wrote:I'm not so sure about reducing the deadline for pulling game or even being more strict about it, mods put a lot of time and effort into designing games and getting them reviewed. Of course there is a limit though, and at some point it's not worth waiting so long for a game to fill.
Part of the reason I have not forced the issue and let some games sit passed the 21 day deadline.
In post 1868, Andrius wrote:
Regarding Time-to-Fill

I'm totally ok with restricting the amount of time it takes to get signups. A game sitting for even two weeks is a long time, especially when there are other mods behind them in the queue waiting.

Part of the reason I've been avoiding this queue, as a mod, is there's little control over when I can run the game. In the Large Theme Queue you know you'll be approved or not within a day or two, and signups within days. If I have time to run a game now-ish, I don't want to have to wait a month to run a game when I'm available now. I'll either not run the game or redesign it into a large game and be in signups within three days, pending approval ofc.
The Large Theme queue used to have long wait times (as did all the queues). I do know the appeal of being able to instantly jump into a game in the Large Theme Queue, but if that queue had more mods there would be a wait time too.

Time to get to run a game also depends on the amount of Mods in the queue. Between August and November we had 9-12 people queued up at a time, where as right now there are only 3 Mods in the queue.
@T-Bone

Allowing Mods to keep their playerlist if it doesn't fill isn't a bad solution.
In post 1883, LicketyQuickety wrote:
Mods are able to specify already if they want to wait till a certain time. TTH for example said she'd be on vacation, and her game was held until she came back. I don't mind doing it for Mods, so long as the system doesn't get abused.
In post 1886, Human Sequencer wrote:I think your suggestion of a 15 day cut off is valid, due to it's objective statistical backing. I think that would be an excellent change to make.
Noted.
In post 1887, xyzzy wrote:one option that comes to mind is this: 12 day deadline to fill extended by 1 day every time someone joins your game. so if it's a 13-player game and, say, 8 people join after 1 day, you have another 19 days to get the remaining 5. these numbers might potentially need to be tweaked, but I think the general concept of letting games that accumulate players continue to do so even if it's a slow trickle while cutting games that fail to attract any interest at all fairly rapidly.
These particular numbers probably don't work, but this is an interesting solution. The one thing I don't want is for games to sit in the queue with no one signing up.
In post 1888, Aristophanes wrote:
That'd take a lot of work on the listmod's part.

I mean, I like it, I just doubt it'd be implimented.
I wouldn't worry about the amount of work I have to do, I don't mind doing a little extra work to make the queue run better. I wouldn't be a Listmod if I did :P

Return to “Completed Signups”