Townie
SlickDilinger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #349 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:50 pm

Post by SlickDilinger »

In post 12, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 7, Zachstralkita wrote:VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert

This had me in tears the other night. It's actually genius though.

Same here.
"You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you don't trust enough."
- Frank Crane
SlickDilinger
SlickDilinger
Townie
SlickDilinger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #751 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:47 pm

Post by SlickDilinger »

VOTE: drealmerz7
"You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you don't trust enough."
- Frank Crane
SlickDilinger
SlickDilinger
Townie
SlickDilinger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1065 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:16 pm

Post by SlickDilinger »

Thanks for the prod reminder, I’m here.
Only been trying to watch things unfold.
Within this space it seems like there are already lots of strong personalities scum-hunting, so I don’t want to get in the way.
Not planning to change my vote until I’m more confident about it; I like drealmerz7’s work based on seeing more of his analysis and posts, but I don’t often have strong reads during day ones.
- Frank Crane
SlickDilinger
SlickDilinger
Townie
SlickDilinger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1068 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:46 pm

Post by SlickDilinger »

In post 1067, Alisae wrote:Hi have a good idea! Why don't we flashwagon this?
VOTE: SlickDilinger
Or someone can do a meta dive real quick, either work for me.

I'm the ninth person you've laid a vote against on day one.
- Frank Crane
SlickDilinger
SlickDilinger
Townie
SlickDilinger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1218 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:44 pm

Post by SlickDilinger »

In reply to a few other questions/comments from before:

Yes it's been a while since I've played a game. My style here is different from the past; I'm trying to apply some lessons from playing the game since last visiting this forum.

Regarding reads, I'll try and contribute more as they come, but I really do find that day two is when things make sense for me. Day one seems to be a lot of big egos duking it out while scum hunting. That's cool, but I'm just not going to end up being one of big egos. That said, Drealmerz7's first post rubbed me the wrong way with his atypical eagerness, but I've appreciated his further comments since then so I am going to change my vote to reflect this tentatively. Alisae seems to be pretty about shooting first and then not worrying about asking questions, but that can be a strategy. However, I'm ultimately swayed by Zachstralkita's argument and position regarding TheRealGin-N-Tonic so I will support it.

VOTE: TheRealGin-N-Tonic

I know this might not be a lot to offer while there is a wagon gathering for me, but that's what I've got. If I'm knocked out during Day 1, I accept that as a part of establishing culture and trimming incompatible players during the early game, even if they are townies.
- Frank Crane
SlickDilinger
SlickDilinger
Townie
SlickDilinger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1340 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:25 pm

Post by SlickDilinger »

In post 1218, SlickDilinger wrote:In reply to a few other questions/comments from before:

Yes it's been a while since I've played a game. My style here is different from the past; I'm trying to apply some lessons from playing the game since last visiting this forum.

Regarding reads, I'll try and contribute more as they come, but I really do find that day two is when things make sense for me. Day one seems to be a lot of big egos duking it out while scum hunting. That's cool, but I'm just not going to end up being one of big egos. That said, Drealmerz7's first post rubbed me the wrong way with his atypical eagerness, but I've appreciated his further comments since then so I am going to change my vote to reflect this tentatively.
Alisae seems to be pretty about shooting first and then not worrying about asking questions
, but that can be a strategy. However, I'm ultimately swayed by Zachstralkita's argument and position regarding TheRealGin-N-Tonic so I will support it.

VOTE: TheRealGin-N-Tonic

I know this might not be a lot to offer while there is a wagon gathering for me, but that's what I've got. If I'm knocked out during Day 1, I accept that as a part of establishing culture and trimming incompatible players during the early game, even if they are townies.
Could you explain what you mean by this?

Can you be more specific about what you want explained? Not trying to be difficult, I'm just not sure what isn't communicating well.

To take stab, is it about lurking/not contributing vs. contributing lots as a big-ego? My point would just be rehashing various day-one strategies and approaches, and what they mean. Specifically, if I were to make two categories of player approaches to day-1, loud and quiet. Some loud try and push for wagons on hunches, and some push for wagons because they are scum and want to go for extra kills. Some quiet lay-low because there isn't any voting information available yet and they have no hunches, and some lay-low as scum because staying quiet is a strategy for staying off of people's radar.

For what it is worth, I'm sitting here trying to figure out what would be constructive to offer the forum, but I'm drawing a blank. Someone will be lynched. I think it'll be Gin. I'm still worried about Drealmerz7, (and to an extent Aliase, but I think some of that is my emotional response) but we have one lynch this round and it'll be used by someone, so I'm leaving mine where I think the best arguments have been placed so far.

mod note: Quote embed fixed.
Last edited by mhsmith0 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Frank Crane
SlickDilinger
SlickDilinger
Townie
SlickDilinger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1610 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by SlickDilinger »

Lil Uzi Vert, sorry for letting you down. Are you still looking for an answer to what I mean by pretty? In short, if you cut the word out it's probably fine. In long, I'm luke-warm on how scummy or townie Alise is, but I have stronger feelings about other players.
- Frank Crane
SlickDilinger
SlickDilinger
Townie
SlickDilinger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2152 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:36 pm

Post by SlickDilinger »

In post 2068, drealmerz7 wrote:uhhh because all that does is stir a bunch of shit

vote for the scummiest player

if we each do that, the rest falls into place

what he is advocating doing is artificial fabrication, it's worthless
My two-cents, I agree with Drealmerz7 on this. Specifically voting for the scummiest player. Isn't that the whole point of day-one discussions, to try and figure out who seems to be pushing the hardest for rando-lynchs and convenient wagons?
- Frank Crane
SlickDilinger
SlickDilinger
Townie
SlickDilinger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2155 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:41 pm

Post by SlickDilinger »

Okay, and totally as an aside to the game at hand, Alisae, did you draw your avatar your own art?
- Frank Crane
SlickDilinger
SlickDilinger
Townie
SlickDilinger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2156 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:42 pm

Post by SlickDilinger »

In post 2155, SlickDilinger wrote:Okay, and totally as an aside to the game at hand, Alisae, did you draw your avatar your own art?
*Is your avatar your own art?
- Frank Crane
SlickDilinger
SlickDilinger
Townie
SlickDilinger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2436 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:55 pm

Post by SlickDilinger »

Re: post 2158, dig the art. Thanks for the share Alisae. But, back to the game!

Okay, a quick opinion: Gin, your push feels desperate. Maybe I'm tunneling here, and maybe I'm getting defensive, but I just feel like you are close to a hammer and reminding us of other players in this game who are either established in their unpopularity or relatively inactive. I know we are facing a deadline and a wagon is likely necessary to get a vote in, and I don't want to confuse hard-work and integrity for opportunism and a chance to escape, but your push is worrying me.
- Frank Crane
SlickDilinger
SlickDilinger
Townie
SlickDilinger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3120 (isolation #11) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:58 pm

Post by SlickDilinger »

In post 2994, drealmerz7 wrote:everything GIN said should be disregarded

everything everyone said about GIN should be disregarded
I was pretty disappointed by Gin's play in that it was way sloppy for town, and just generally added disinformation. Thus, I agree with Drealmerz7 in that we should avoid considering too much of what Gin said. Ultimately, he had no significant insight due to role, and he demonstrated a willingness to lie and add disinformation to day one.
- Frank Crane
SlickDilinger
SlickDilinger
Townie
SlickDilinger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3197 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:55 am

Post by SlickDilinger »

In post 3179, EchoVision wrote:
In post 3163, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: slickdilinger
did nobody notice that he's changed his vote after saying he got a guilty invest on me last night?? this screams fake claim yet you guys are still voting me okay

Goon, where did I claim to get a guilty read on you? What post?
- Frank Crane
SlickDilinger
SlickDilinger
Townie
SlickDilinger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3199 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:00 am

Post by SlickDilinger »

In post 3197, SlickDilinger wrote:
In post 3179, EchoVision wrote:
In post 3163, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: slickdilinger
did nobody notice that he's changed his vote after saying he got a guilty invest on me last night?? this screams fake claim yet you guys are still voting me okay

Goon, where did I claim to get a guilty read on you? What post?
Sorry, nix the 'goon', I
Dunnstral
, when did I claim a read on you?
- Frank Crane
SlickDilinger
SlickDilinger
Townie
SlickDilinger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3440 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:55 pm

Post by SlickDilinger »

Ughh... big post, didn't post, guess that's life.

Summary:
- Calling myself out on being a weak townie, but a townie none the less. I'd agree for a lynch against weak town during day one, but we've already done that once, and we have to cut legitimate scum.
- I'm not keeping up enough with the game to make strong calls, but Dunn's giving me the no-feeling. I feel like he is making good calls because he's scum hunting the other team, or pushing against easy targets. Admittedly though, I'm paying closer attention to him because he's pushing against me.
- If this is hammer against me, I recognize it and don't want to hold up the game any further. If I go though, pay attention to who has pushed against me consistently, and why. The people who have pushed against me over this game have changed, and I think that is significant.
- Frank Crane
SlickDilinger
SlickDilinger
Townie
SlickDilinger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3699 (isolation #15) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:18 pm

Post by SlickDilinger »

In post 3685, mhsmith0 wrote:SlickDilinger Has been prodded
Sorry, I'm here.
- Frank Crane
SlickDilinger
SlickDilinger
Townie
SlickDilinger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3701 (isolation #16) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:26 pm

Post by SlickDilinger »

In post 3580, drealmerz7 wrote:pretty sure slick is town

vote dunnstral

or creature

or alisae

or ircherslot

Okay, the enemy of my enemy is a friend, or some approximation there-of:

VOTE: Alisae

Alisae is still leaving me with strong feelings so I'm leaving my vote here.
- Frank Crane
SlickDilinger
SlickDilinger
Townie
SlickDilinger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3839 (isolation #17) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:00 pm

Post by SlickDilinger »

In post 3836, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Slickdilinger
Was the Drealez vote an accident then?
- Frank Crane
SlickDilinger
SlickDilinger
Townie
SlickDilinger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4199 (isolation #18) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by SlickDilinger »

In post 4149, Zachstralkita wrote:Alisae why are you letting people dictate your vote?

... just want this one read again.
- Frank Crane
SlickDilinger
SlickDilinger
Townie
SlickDilinger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4669 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:07 pm

Post by SlickDilinger »

In post 4659, MortFeld wrote:Reading Dunn makes me think that it's site meta to play like shit to not get scumread.
Yes, I've heard folks say that this is culture around here in the past.
- Frank Crane

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”