Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:30 pm

Post by grapes »

DAY 2 VC 010

Kop ( 5 ) -
(Regfan, davesaz, Dunnstral, Superhans, ThinkBig)
ThinkBig ( 1 ) -
(Realeo)
davesaz ( 1 ) -
(Kop)
Superhans ( 1 ) -
(Desperado)
Regfan ( 1 ) -
(nydushermain)

Not Voting ( 1 ) -
(Gamma Emerald)

Six to lynch.
(expired on 2017-01-21 05:24:02) remain until deadline.
Last edited by grapes on Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:31 pm

Post by Regfan »

Prior analysis stands in that case, think Kops very much the play today. Now that we've finished mass-claim everyone can post whatever analysis they had planned.

Nydus meet the remaining playerlist, remaining playerlist meet the troll that is Nydus. He's a lyncher with the sole win condition of lynching me; luckily enough I'm a jester with the sole win condition of being lynched.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 1501, Regfan wrote:Nydus meet the remaining playerlist, remaining playerlist meet the troll that is Nydus. He's a lyncher with the sole win condition of lynching me; luckily enough I'm a jester with the sole win condition of being lynched.
LOL. This is going into my signature after the game.
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:34 pm

Post by nydushermain »

Rofl. Yeah I know he's inno child. I only replaced into this game because he was in it. Not as fun... I sent the replacement request before I found out he was inno child... would've been way more fun to try to figure out his alignment -_- . Now I'll never get enough traction to lynch him.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by nydushermain »

For future reference, if I claimed cop with a red check on regfan, would I have gotten instalynched?
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 1504, nydushermain wrote:For future reference, if I claimed cop with a red check on regfan, would I have gotten instalynched?
As Gamma already claimed goon cop, most likely that or we would have lynched Gamma.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:36 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 1498, nydushermain wrote:I've NEVER replaced into a game over 5 pages long... especially something with 60 pages (jesus christ) so I'm going to try my best to catch up but I definitely need some form of TL;DR. I don't particularly trust myself to remember everything because I'm not a note taker. Also, alisae surviving into day 2 as town is shocking. Surprised he didn't self hammer.
Quick TLDR of the important sections of the game is AH replaced in D1, hard pushed on TB, TB & others (Most notably Gamma) pointed out the several big flaws in AH's case and pointed out the scum motivation behind pushing it. The day 1 lynch for the most part was between AH & TB with other players having small scum reads elsewhere, some on Maria/Desperado slot for suspicion that it was a traitor. AH was eventually lynched D1 and flipped traitor. D2s focus was mainly between Gamma & TB, Gamma claimed goon cop (They check to see if players are a mafia goon or not) and got a non-goon result on Realeo. I replaced in and pulled the lynch of TB, wanted to lynch Kop who has claimed roleblocker stating he roleblocked the guy that died N1 and stated he thought mafia knew who traitor was via their role PMs (Which they do not) it's either a case of him trying to fake a dumbtell as mafia to get out of a tight spot he put himself in or townslipping. You'lll need to read the thread to get a better feel about how it all exactly played out and give your reads though. It's not actually that long a read through; did it myself not too long ago.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:40 pm

Post by nydushermain »

Yeeee, but you know what to look for in forums. I'll be honest, probably not gonna give it a good go tonight aside from a quick skim through.

Is the mafia traitor role of any significance?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 1503, nydushermain wrote:Now I'll never get enough traction to lynch him.
If you make a really good case who knows, it's still possible! Maybe the mod fucked up and mistyped who the actual innocent child was in the OP.
In post 1504, nydushermain wrote:For future reference, if I claimed cop with a red check on regfan, would I have gotten instalynched?
Well there's no actual cop in the setup (It's a semi-open type setup, recommend reading that part in detail to understand the gamestate we're at given we just mass-claimed) and claiming goon cop would be CC'ing someone else. So nope! Better luck next time noob.
You'll have to wait for an oppportunity to hammer me down the track with the reasoning of "I wanted to see if I was right D1".
Would recommend getting to reading the thread as soon as you can given deadline is in ~3 days, happy to hear whatever thoughts / questions you have on the game as you're going through the thread. Mafia traitor know who the two mafia members are (There are two remaining, no dumbtells this game Nydus), mafia know existence of the traitor but don't know who it is.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 1507, nydushermain wrote:Is the mafia traitor role of any significance?
The mafia traitor knows who their mafia teammates are, but the mafia team does NOT know who the traitor is.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:45 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 1508, Regfan wrote:If you make a really good case who knows, it's still possible! Maybe the mod fucked up and mistyped who the actual innocent child was in the OP.
Makes perfect sense. I swear I got the IC PM.

I counter claim regfan.

/sarcasm.

On a serious note, I don't think scum would replace in and vote for an IC like nydush did.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by nydushermain »

OH OKAY. So our current situation is this:

there are 2 mafia. According to the setup (now correct me if I'm wrong), the mafia can choose if they want to grant themselves roles which consequently also gives us an equal amount of PRs. Since there are 2 mafia goon (unless traitor can also get a role? actually doesn't matter since he just flipped traitor anyways), there can be up to 2 PRs. Since reg is inno child, we know that at most (meaning both other PR claims could technically still be scum), there's 1 scum inside the claims. Holy fuck, this game is already so easy.

I didn't give a read through of things yet but I'll say that a cop claim as scum is such an odd claim to make. Gives town weird interaction info based on who he claimed his check on if he's scum and there's a large myriad of roles you could've chosen that are so easy and gives you 0 associations like... let's say... ROLEBLOCKER. Just based on the oddities of the claims, I think that the cop is more likely to be the real PR if there is only one scum within the claims. Actually, there's no reason for both scum to claim a PR so I'm just going to play off the assumption that one of them is real. That being said, I should still read through shit.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:49 pm

Post by Regfan »

So town start the game with 2 PR's regardless of mafia choose to do (The 2 that town get are randomised). Ever power that mafia wish to take upon themselves gives town an extra randomised PR. So if mafia took 3 powers themselves town would have 5 PR's, if mafia took 0 town would have 2. Given the current gamestate (Everyone have claimed) we know for a fact that mafia either took 1 themselves (Giving us 3 town PRs) or took 0 (Giving us 2) in which case one of Gamma/Kop would be mafia.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by nydushermain »

I don't know when the claims happened but you guys said a lot of it was based on fighting between the two? I promise to read through it but I'll also say that gamma, unless he claimed immediately, would also have to retrace his steps as scum and make sure that his check made sense. I think it's just sooooo much easier to claim something that doesn't feign giving him perfect information so another point for him.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by nydushermain »

Oh... so we don't have a guaranteed scum between the two? That's not as fun -_- ...
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by Regfan »

We do not have a guaranteed scum between them, based on how this setup has played out in prior run throughs scum generally choose to take lots of power for themselves or take none though so the fact that we have a scenario where they may have just taken one thing points more towards there being a scum inside the claims though, inside them I agree the goon cop claim is more likely to be legitimate. The player he claimed to no-goon check was his scum read from D1, he told people not to vote them start of D2 and then claimed about mid way through D2 when he was wagoned, if he's scum he'd have had to preplan the fakeclaim which isn't impossible but it's more likely he's just legitimate.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:59 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 1510, ThinkBig wrote:On a serious note, I don't think scum would replace in and vote for an IC like nydush did.
Knowing Nydus he would do it regardless of his alignment, his other posts since replacing in do come across as town and I think he did genuinely believe there
had
to be scum between Gamma/Kop which means he doesn't make sense as scum unless he's one of them anyway and with his push on the roleblocker claim being fake already I'd argue he's probably not with Kop. Pretty much my town read on Aliseas been strengthened via Nydus's posts thus far.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:00 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 1516, Regfan wrote:
In post 1510, ThinkBig wrote:On a serious note, I don't think scum would replace in and vote for an IC like nydush did.
Knowing Nydus he would do it regardless of his alignment, his other posts since replacing in do come across as town and I think he did genuinely believe there
had
to be scum between Gamma/Kop which means he doesn't make sense as scum unless he's one of them anyway and with his push on the roleblocker claim being fake already I'd argue he's probably not with Kop. Pretty much my town read on Aliseas been strengthened via Nydus's posts thus far.
Yeah, I think I can probably move his slot from null to probably town. I was honestly waiting for a replacement before I gave my full analysis on his slot.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:06 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 1516, Regfan wrote:
had
You're townsiding scum.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:11 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 1518, nydushermain wrote:You're townsiding scum.
I know, it's great isn't it? I'll hard buss my patner today and use that and this IC mistaken reveal to coast to 3 way and even receive the hammer so easily, probably even take you with me to hammer at the end. Wut u gunna do?

But get to reading the thread! Do actually want to hear your thoughts about how part of D1 & D2 played out since my analysis of the situation differs from several other players inside the game.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:12 pm

Post by nydushermain »

I think that's an interesting thing too @regfan. So you're claiming that scum tend to either take a lot of powers (more than 1?) which would give us 4 PRs (since traitor flip was without a power?) or they take none at all which would give us 2 PRs... one being you. Here's a question about the NK on ssbm: would scum hunt for the LAST PR if they knew there was only 2 with one of them being you? Personally, and I'm not sure how it goes in forum, but I feel like scum would just NK you and just kill the last PR after he/she claims no? I think that there's more validity to both claims being real BECAUSE scum tried to hunt for PRs. Either that or SSBM was so right it was scary.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:13 pm

Post by nydushermain »

I'm skimming real fast through the thread but I'll admit, I started on day 2. I'll go back to day 1 later but I'm kinda tired.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:16 pm

Post by nydushermain »

I agree with whoever said that realeo (or whoever gamma nongoon checked) is very likely town, regardless of gamma's alignment. Even if gamma were to end up being goon, that's like, such a dumb thing to do to nongoon check your partner like that this early. ESPECIALLY when so much heat was on him. Plus, reg said that gamma was scum reading whoever he nongoon checked on day 1 so I feel like it's really weird thing for a scum to set up a fake inno claim on his partner from day 1 all the way to day 2. Especially with traitor bro lynched.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:17 pm

Post by Regfan »

I only got into the game D2 (I replaced in), the prior innocent child was a as Releo put it an Inactive Child, he never contributed and was just actively lurking with no content; he was no threat to the mafia due to that. Mafia likely shot elsewhere aiming for either a) A competent and active player, B) Someone they thought was the other PR or C) Someone who had active reads. It could be one or a combination of those.

Reading D2 is fine but D1 is kind of needed to understand the context behind peoples reads and pushes, especially in relation to what they thought AH was doing D1.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by nydushermain »

Yeah probably. I'm not getting too much out of this skim on day 2. I will say though that as I was reading, I saw dave's name somewhere and was like "who the fuck is this?"

Return to “Completed Open Games”