Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:25 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Vote Heartless as Rogue Leader
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:26 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 693, SirCakez wrote:Thinker who is scum?
Apparently I am by virtue of Thinker most definitely surely actually truly being town. Clearly.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:28 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 711, BBmolla wrote:guess it's just me. proceed as you were.
For what it's worth, Molla's strong resistance to Infinity for rogue leader is having the opposite of his desired effect.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:29 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 716, Heartless wrote:because, if not, your argument of "i don't like this entire pool of people" is probably going to get repeated over and over and over ad nauseum because when you have a sample size large enough there's a good chance you'll hit a point where you won't like a person or two in the mix
^this is why ongoing wagon analysis is mostly for the fucking birds btw^
(Basically this, with an added dose of: Molla as town should already know this and thus never have made the point in the first place.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:33 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 725, BBmolla wrote:
In post 723, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Why aren't you sheeping Nero on SC if you're claiming you two are reading the game the same way?
I'm fine with SC lynch but AJ is more obviously scum
Okay, this is a flat-out scumclaim, and I'll show you why with three quotes in conjunction with this one:
In post 707, BBmolla wrote:Scum-AJ is on heartless tho :/
In post 710, BBmolla wrote:
In post 676, Firebringer wrote:Infinity 324 (6): Desperado, Drunken Piper, Lil Uzi Vert, The Thinker, Heartless, Mastina
this list of players hardly inspires my confidence. 2 of the players on this list aren't voting for scum. Out of 3 players not voting total. seems a bit odd dontcha think
In post 726, Firebringer wrote:Aj The Epic [2] SirCakez, BBmolla
Do I even need to say "spot the problem" here? Because, uh...yeah. This is pretty self-evident.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:35 pm

Post by BBmolla »

You're wrong.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:42 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 774, Nero Cain wrote:So, as scum, I think that calling a player town is kinda buddying or pocketing to use the new jargon. I think alot of players are stupidly OMGUSY so when a scum player calls another player town then its less of a chance they get voted and I think, atleast subliminally, when a player knows they are town and are being called town they kinda go "Oh hey X is reading me correctly so they must be town too!" This is my first time playing with Mastina but I've played several times with her on the Mastin2 account and I know that she has entered the game in a similar style in the past. Was she scum that game? Town? She likely does this regardless of alignment although she's fairly scummy here.
You've got the right conclusion, but the premise is backwards:
It's true enough that as town, I'll copy my scumgame's better elements to improve my comparatively-weaker towngame. So I understand the theory behind the idea of, "She does this as scum, and thinks it is good, and applies it as town".

...However, in this particular case, it's the other way around--there is actually a very, very, very, VERY strong, clear, obvious town motive behind my actions here and in every game I use this style. So much so, that me not doing it is basically a scumclaim. So in this particular case, my scumgame needed to incorporate these elements, because if I failed to do so, then people would have an actually-valid meta tell on me. Since I'm a pretty damn self-aware scum player, I wasn't going to let that happen, and so, once I realized it was a thing I did as town, I started doing it as scum. Meaning, ultimately, yes, you're right; I do in fact do this regardless of my alignment.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:50 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 784, Infinity 324 wrote:Sometimes neighborizer sure used for that, it's easier to pressure them and sort them I guess.
In case it hasn't been expressed explicitly enough already: bad idea to aim for anything other than town.

While I recognize the theoretical gain of information, realistically:
-If you invite scum in and they share the information they receive with their scumteam, their scumbuddies are if even remotely competent going to fake ignorance.
-If you invite all town in, then the scum will be ignorant, but so too will all of the town not invited.
-As a result of this, the only way you get useful info is if a scum player not invited shows information they shouldn't have, at which point it becomes clear that scum were invited. Otherwise, there's no discernible difference between the two.

As for why not use the neighborhood to hash out reads: one, neighborhoods are insanely easy for scum to manipulate.
Two, we want to deny the scum any information gained in said neighborhood. Now, given the premise above, we won't actually KNOW if we successfully denied them said info, but we want to at least TRY to deny them that info for as long as humanly possible.
Three, and most critically of all, by the post, it's possible that being in the unit offers potential powers to the neighborhood. There is NO situation in which handing a power to a scum member would be better than handing it to a town member. (Well, unless you're talking something like a suicide gun that allows a player to willingly kill themselves, e.g. treestump. But that's about it.)

For that reason and that reason ALONE you should aim for an all-town neighborhood.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:55 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 788, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I think she's one of the best players on MS.
In theory, sure.
In practice, fuck no. I'm probably in the top-10%, sure, but not the top-10. (Unless as scum. Then, maybe.) I'd elaborate more about this if I didn't suddenly and inexplicably have a kitten on one of my arms hindering my typing ability.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:59 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 797, Drunken Piper wrote:Thinker, I see posts, but mostly fluff.
figuring out who you think is scum is a bit rough.
And here's the thing that's really scary:
Aristophanes is the slot producing more content.
Aristophanes
is the head of the hydra who is doing more.
Aristophanes.
The lurksack.
Whose content consists of fluff and active lurking.

Is the more active of their heads.

What does that tell you about their alignment?
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:23 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 24, Infinity 324 wrote:You like your VCA don't you

Does CWing mean anything to you this early?
I'm kind of curious why infinity is assuming it's VCA and not just an RVS vote here. I thought it was a joke but then it wasn't. I will soon find out if what you say is true, I suppose.
In post 31, Titus wrote:
In post 24, Infinity 324 wrote:You like your VCA don't you

Does CWing mean anything to you this early?

I need flips. I can theorize with wagons but please don't try to "help" with my VCA with your votes. Just vote. Trying to help or get me to VCA on page 1 is creepy as fuck and your push on Pine reeks of desperation.
Um, yeah, this is reachy as fuck. I suppose it could just be one of those "push-someone-for-no-reason-until-he-cracks" things but if Titus is claiming to be serious here, it's pretty silly to be calling infinity's rvs stuff to be "reeking of desperation".
In post 49, Titus wrote:I voted you for your desperation posting regarding Pine and your overly friendly nature, which you immediately 180ed on. You still seem to be flailing about, which is odd for page 2 and me barely posting.
In post 78, Drunken Piper wrote:
In post 58, Titus wrote:
@Pine, I believe all of it, and I am well out of RVS. I have caught scum before post 20 in another game. I tunnelled too hard and town let it go.
such a brag, such a boast
what game dear sir, so we can toast?
Holy shit, is this your post restriction? That's fantastic

yes yes YES.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:24 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 104, Aj The Epic wrote:FWIW your math is wrong. You take the percentage of the whole populace, not the assumed scum:town ratio. 4/17 is 23% scum ration, 5/17 is 29%. Not that it's completely relevant to anything, but that's how you'd measure it.
Aj's posting at this point is what seems like just enough to be just enough.

e.g. it's nothing
In post 112, SirCakez wrote:I assume it's 13 v 4 like Firebringer's last 17 player large theme.

In other news I reconnected with the spirits and they've tentatively told me that the Piper and Princess are town and that alban is scummy (i;e I reread the game to answer Heartless's question and noticed that alban was sort of dodging the Titus issue on page 2 which doesn't look good).
As were like half the thread, especially including the player in the post above?
In post 146, Titus wrote:
In post 142, Infinity 324 wrote:People can still talk about me, but that doesn't mean I have to address every point when I don't believe anything good will come out of it.
The selective push does tell things to me. Namely, that whatever your alignment is, you're likely doing something scum want. The hyper, extreme defense of your awkward push on Pine says as much. Then people pretend you were not trying. Major bullshit. Even if you argue senantics on awkward, you were trying to have Pine lynched.
No, not in any way, no. Infinity was not trying to have Pine lynched on page 1. You could argue that he could have been trying to get votes to go and therefore stay in that direction, you could argue that he was trying to look busy, but you definitely can't argue that he was trying to lynch a player in RVS.
In post 237, Nero Cain wrote: what was the best star wars movie?
This one.
In post 269, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I like that he was one of the first people to mention that we should discuss who should be the Rouge Leader for Night 1. I don't really like the assumptions he made about the setup. Null overall.
Um, what exactly about that made you like him? If anything, that's NAI. Scum can take initiative too. Also, I know later on you realized that he knew about the setup from the OP, but of you were concerned that he knew too much, why not share that earlier instead of waiting for someone to ask?
In post 272, PrettyPrincess wrote:What assumptions specifically do you not like?
PP comes out of the woodwork just to inquire about himself; doesn't seem like someone whose trying to solve the game to me :good:
In post 295, Klingoncelt wrote:Just a prod dodge here, I don't need to get involved with VCA arguments or multi/singleball arguments, most of the discussion here has been empty fluff worthy of a Victorian-era luncheon.

Good entrance by Nero, maybe he's Town. I always Townread TTH. Molla and the Piper look Townish. No reads at all on everyone else.
Kling in in exactly the same boat as PP.
In post 301, Infinity 324 wrote:(But I like the other parts of the post as well)
... Go on?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:28 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Town: nero, titus, desp, heartless
Nulltown: piper, alban, AJ
Null: pine, mastin, klingon, cakez, aero, gamma
Nullscum: LUV
Scum: molla, thinker

It always gets me paranoid when people talk about how good their scum game is...
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:30 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 310, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Yeah after a review of his ISO and just from rereading old games I don't think this is town!SC.

VOTE: SirCakez
This is god awful.
In post 331, Pine-A-Tonics wrote:About the Rogue Leader thing, I think it's a disservice to vote yourself as captain. The way it's set up, it's like we can vote to lynch someone and that's who we think is scummy, as for voting for rogue leader, it's like voting for who your strongest town read is.

Basically, if you're town, then people will see that and you'll be elected and it seriously discredits a whole other dimension to the game that can be analyzed if you vote yourself.

/Gin
Yeah, I feel the same way here. I think the rogue leader votes are going to be important later on to look back on, so voting yourself really isn't helpful to anyone. I'm also someone who loves the use of neighborhoods/neighborizors in general, for anyone that's played my games, and I think they're a lot more powerful than most people give them credit for.
In post 336, Heartless wrote:
In post 279, SirCakez wrote:
In post 265, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 264, SirCakez wrote:Someone hasn't posted while on V/LA? Must be scum...
Wasn't what I was implying...

Ari tends to lurk as scum and I was suggesting to PP if they would like to see if this is him pulling that once him and TB come back.
Not you, Heartless's

LUV is pinging me
Hi Cakey! ^_^

Anti told me to talk to you because he thought you were being horsey with him. I'm having a little trouble getting a bead on you since we're really out of step in terms of reads. It mildly troubles me that we've both expressed an opinion in direct opposition to yours ( and , regarding Princess) but you apparently don't want an explanation from either of us. I know you're not a random person who's never played with us so that makes me think you're avoiding us.

Can you be any more descriptive in your Princess townread or your LUV scumread? Please?

-TTH
This post along with the following one look authentically town to me; granted, I don't know the Heartless scumgame and while I assume it's pretty tight, I feel good about them for now just based on pure towny-logic alone. For one, I don't see a world where scum bothers going after Cakes for failing to respond to opposite opinions to them; if anything, it makes the most sense for scum to either let that go since it creates more opposition, or to just call it scum like the rest of us and just jump right on the wagon.

The thing that convinces me more though is that TTH is here trying to understand Cakez motivations instead of just saying "LOLZ OBVSCUM" , attacking him for it and immediately piling on which would have been easy enough. That's a towny mindset if I've ever seen it.
In post 338, Heartless wrote:
In post 295, Klingoncelt wrote:I always Townread TTH.
I remember you from Gistou but not from anything else. :S

Up to that point I'd only made two posts: and . Were you townreading either of those? I'm a little lost on the nature of this read, mostly the described history of "always townreading" me.

-TTH
Along the same lines, questioning someone's TR on yourself because it's bullshit seems overtly towny.
In post 339, SirCakez wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 281, Pine-A-Tonics wrote:
In post 198, SirCakez wrote:How is trying too hard not scummy? What's the motivation for town to try overtly hard to look town?
Cakez, I'm concerned about your question as it's feels like a loaded one. Correct me if I'm wrong but you're asking why a townie should act...townie.

It just feels like you're saying people aren't acting scummy and you want them too.

/Gin
Yeah I'm dumping this point. I was wrong I think, too much evidence to the contrary.
In post 285, PrettyPrincess wrote:"Confirmed" is used by newer (read: bad) players the way that millennials use "literally"
As a millennial this both offends me and is also probably true
In post 292, Heartless wrote:
In post 279, SirCakez wrote:
In post 265, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 264, SirCakez wrote:Someone hasn't posted while on V/LA? Must be scum...
Wasn't what I was implying...

Ari tends to lurk as scum and I was suggesting to PP if they would like to see if this is him pulling that once him and TB come back.
Not you, Heartless's

LUV is pinging me
the SAAAAAAASS

i only saw the v/la post after i flipped the page from fire's prod post.

ari still has a reputation for being a lurksack as scum so i don't know why you would go out of your way to give me shit for that.
I'm aware of Ari's lurking as scum, I just wanted to make a joke.
In post 298, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 257, SirCakez wrote:This avoids the question
No it doesn't. You asked why you would fake your response, I said you probably couldn't help but fake it.
Not that, the "what is fake about it?" that was the initial question.

Nero scumreading me is unsurprising, probably town really as I think he'd want to keep me around for a later mislynch as scum
LUV's "I read his ISO and older games and don't think this is town!cakez" is total bullshit though, especially since it came right after I said he was pinging me
Molla's naked voting is shity too but iirc Molla never explains things
Princess's complete lack of game awareness with their vote on me for Rogue Leader is odd but I want to say it's derptown, as I think scum wouldn't want to stick out so much with trying to put someone being wagoned in a power position
I'm not really scumreading Titus anymore (she's null now) so

VOTE: AJ

P-edit: Hi TTH! I'm not avoiding you guys, I just didn't think to ask about your Princess read. TBH I can't remember why I was town reading them which isn't really a good sign so I'm going to reread them and Klingon since Klingon is being wagoned and I have no read there.
My LUV scumread was initially from how it feels like he's following the crowd (sheeping my alban scumread, sheeping a vote for Infinity rogue leader, sheeping Molla on Piper's post restriction being annoying) and then jumping to respond to a joke that wasn't aimed at him felt weird. And then his vote with some really weak reasons on me is terrible.

VOTE: AJ
Reposting this in case Fire misses my vote in the spoiler
This post is incredibly wishy washy.
In post 341, Infinity 324 wrote: But that, plus the fact that TTH convinced me that PP is scummy, making klingon a bit townier, means cakez is a better vote.
What?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:32 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 836, Aeronaut wrote:... Go on?
I thought the point was a good point, and I was wondering the same question he had

Don't know what else you want
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:41 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 838, Aeronaut wrote:What?
Ok so:
PP voting Klingon
TTH convincing me PP is scummy

leads me to townread klingon more

Then:
Townreading klingon more
Cakez's scummy stuff

Leads me to want to vote cakez over klingon

Make sense?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:44 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 837, Infinity 324 wrote:It always gets me paranoid when people talk about how good their scum game is...
Oh. Right. I sometimes forget that people always have to have a first game with mastina at some point in their career.

So, hi, Infinity! I'm mastina. I'll just drop a nifty flowchart for ya on how to read me. It's a little bit dated in some parts, but it's more accurate than not even to this very day!
mastin2 wrote:
mastin2 wrote:
Bulbasaur Commonwealth wrote:Here, for your reading pleasure, might as well quote this.
In post 24, mastin2 wrote:
In post 3, SleepyKrew wrote:I think everyone should make one of these. Especially mastin.
Actually...I have.

I've been meaning to post it, too. It's about a year out of date, though, but I started compiling a way around Mafia with the Quickness 2 called, "How to read Mastin: the flowchart".

Spoiler: Stuff about it
mastin2 wrote:The flowchart, while half a year old in its latest version, still applies more than it doesn't, by the way.
I'll condense it down for you, though:
If Mastin is scum, accept the loss; she's going to win regardless of what you do. :P So treat her like town.
If Mastin is town, then she is town. Treat her as town. If she wants to be listened to, listen to her and trust her instincts. If she doesn't tell you to listen to her, take her words with a grain of salt; they're reads but not solid ones.
BAM.
You now know how to treat Mastin.
Will work out for you nearly every single game. :P
mastin2 wrote:
In post 1170, Aneninen wrote:Summary. I think I realized my problem with Mastin. Her reads are changing very quickly and they're moving on a very, very wide scale.
Helpful hint, you have absolutely no reason to trust me on this right now, but this is a MASSIVE towntell for me. On the "how to read Mastin: the flowchart" I made (I need to track down the most up-to-date version), it's one of the primary items, in fact. The reason? Town Mastin doesn't have a clue what's going on. Her reads are in a state of constant flux, specifically because of that, and her own self-doubt, paranoia, and whatnot betrays her, as she constantly second-guesses herself and reevaluates, rethinks, and redoes stuff. In contrast, scuMastin has absolute control of the game. Whereas town-Mastin is defined by inconsistency, scuMastin is defined by consistent, solid, controlled, calculated play. She keeps the same reads as much as possible, because it serves to antagonize the least number of players. She is calm, collected, and cool. She is strategic. She is focused. Her thoughts are logical and precise, because she has a good handle on the game, and thus, her mind does not betray her.

Or in short, the difference between town and scum is the difference between chaos and order. Now, obviously, this isn't absolute. There have been towngames where I've felt in control, rare as they may be. There have been scumgames where I was chaotic, either by circumstances or in one or two cases me faking my town chaos convincingly. But it IS a fairly solid general guideline. I know what I'm doing as scum; I'm just taking my best guess and throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks as town.
I bet she has quite a few "playstyles" (and she knows, I think, why I'm saying this.)
Indeed I do. Fairly certain I said so already in this game, too, the reason why: because my play in games is fluid, thanks to situational awareness. While I might not know what's going on as town, I can generally feel out the game and have an idea for what will work best, adapting to have a playstyle specific to that game. It's mildly helpful, since it lets me hone in on scum better, but situational awareness mostly helps me as scum, because as scum, adapting my play to the game when I have more info than my town self does is
lethally
effective.
mastin2 wrote:Though that does remind me, I need a point in there about focusing on scumhunting.
In post 1372, TheAdrienC wrote:I find her posts coming from a mostly town point of view and she has a genuine interest in finding scum.
Right, that's another one I need to add in.
mastin2 wrote:
In post 644, Slice of Life wrote:
How To Read Mastin
:

Are you zMuffinman?

Yes-->Screw tells, you know mastin's alignment instantly.
No-->
Are you AngryPidgeon?

Yes-->Screw tells, you know mastin's alignment instantly.
No-->
Are you a player who has hydraed or has otherwise worked well with Mastin?

Yes-->You likely don't need the chart, but because you're not that familiar with her, you should probably go through it anyway as a precaution.
No-->You REALLY need to go through the chart; proceed! But fair warning in advance that it's only about 90% accurate.

Is/Are zMuffinman/AP in the game?

Yes-->Sheep them on their read! Never doubt it.
No-->Think like them and continue on.

THE FLOWCHART:

Is it D1?
Yes-->...And you're suspicious of Mastin?!?
She's town.
No-->Is it D2? Yes-->She's prob-town.
No-->Is it D3 or later? Yes-->Proceed.

Does Mastin look town?

No-->She's town.
Yes-->Proceed to next step.

Trust her as town.
What does she do?

Get paranoid of you-->She's town.
Enthusiastically work with you-->probably town, but proceed anyway as a precaution.
Nothing-->probably town, but proceed anyway as a precaution.
Milk your townread and bully you-->Proceed.

Suddenly pressure her.
What does she do?

Freak out-->She's town.
Show concern, but subdued-->probably town, but proceed anyway as a precaution.
Brush it off-->Proceed.

Is she posting up a storm?

Yes-->probably town, but proceed anyway as a precaution.
No-->Proceed.

Is she gloating how good her scumgame is?

No-->Proceed.

Does Mastin have delusions of grandeur?

No-->Proceed.

Is she waffling...
...A lot?

Yes-->She's town.
Sorta?-->probably town, but proceed anyway as a precaution.
No-->Proceed.

Does she look like she's trying to leave a legacy?

Yes-->She's town.
Maybe-->probably town, but proceed anyway as a precaution.
No-->Proceed.

Is she antagonizing everyone?

Yes-->She's town.
No-->Proceed.

Has Mastin rambled at all on MD theory?

Yes-->She's town.
No-->Proceed.

Is Mastin making a case for why she could be scum?
Yes-->She's town.
Kinda?-->Prob-town, but proceed anyway as a precaution.
No-->Proceed.

Is Mastin making very strong reasons why she's town?
No-->She's town.
Kinda-->Prob-town, but proceed anyway as a precaution.
Yes-->Proceed.

If applicable, did she 'crumb her role and/or claim it openly and immediately?

Yes-->She's town.
No-->Proceed.

Do the circumstances behind her play and/or claim look town?

Yes-->She's town.
No-->Proceed.

Is she irrational?

Yes-->She's town.
No-->Proceed.

Is she spewing random illogical theories?

No-->Proceed.

Does her posting look intentional?

No-->She's town.
Yes-->Proceed.

Is she spontaneous, random, and/or whimsical?

Yes-->She's town.
Maybe?-->probably town, but proceed anyway as a precaution.
No-->Proceed.

Is her tone flat?

No-->probably town, but proceed anyway as a precaution.
Yes-->Proceed.

(BONUS:
If Mastin is behind, does she demonstrate knowledge of the
current
gamestate she could not reasonably have at her supposed point of reference?

No-->She's town.
It's hard to say...-->She probably does know, but not much, having likely skimmed offline, not logged in, and chose not to get the full context to spoiler her as probable-town.
Yes-->Proceed.)

And finally...

Is there minimal resistance to lynching her?

Yes-->She's town; defend her!
...Maybe?-->You've gotten this far and the best you've got is a "maybe"?!? You dummy, run through it again! (But she's probably town anyway.)-->All other factors equal, if you're having this much trouble reading Mastin, just freakin' assume she's town. (She likely is, anyway.)-->FOR THE LOVE OF GODS, SHE'S TOWN, DANG IT.
No-->She's probably scum...but you should run through the flowchart one more time just to be sure, as a precaution.
Is Mastin's posting wildly inconsistent?
Yes-->She's town.
Maybe?-->Probably town, but proceed anyway.
No-->Proceed.)
(Oh, and I think rambling in-thread's already there*, but if not, it should be.)
*Relies on scum having daychat. Scum have daychat, in-thread rambling = decent towntell. Scum don't have daychat, rambling = prob-null, maybe slight townlean. Scum daychat ambiguous, assume slight townlean.
(Oh, should be noted. Last scum, rambling in-thread gets upgraded to major towntell, since scuMastin typically keeps rambles to the scum QT about why she's screwed.)
mastin2 wrote:Totally should just, in general, take this policy about me.
There's a flowchart that I plan to publish that will give better tells for reading me in general, some of which are timeless, others which are in contemporary site meta, but valuable all the same. Until it's actually published, though, the general policy I have on reading me is, increasingly, becoming:

Just assume I'm town until you have a REALLY solid reason not to. You'll be right the VAST majority of the time, by sheer probability alone.
(In fact, beyond probability. Probability says I should be scum a minimum of 25% of the time. 2014's been something like half that overall.)
It'll save you a BUNDLELOADS of headaches.
(Should be noted that my record was 34 games IN A ROW as town and my scumgame remains STILL below statistical probability in numbers.)
mastin2 wrote:"If you're townreading Mastin, lynch her. She's scum, having successfully predicted your movements and is manipulating you. You fell into her trap, hook, line, and sinker.
If you're scumreading Mastin, she's town; save her from the lynch. She's probably either really onto something or really lost. In either case, she needs your help, either to sheep her or help her develop more accurate reads."
Some of them are out of date thanks to contextual meta shifts, but most of them still apply.
Bulbasaur Commonwealth wrote:(Note of course that the flowchart is never 100% accurate. It's impossible, literally impossible, to display all of them in a single game since many of them are in fact slightly contradictory, but the point is to see as many as possible and if the majority matches town or scum. This chart has been in play for quite a while, now, and to this date, in spite of no active attempts to uphold it and some attempts as scum to subvert it, remains highly relevant to my play. It goes to prove my point, though: scuMastin always has this laser-like focus. Anything Goes in particular, until I faked having my confidence shattered, I was pushing for a specific lynch. In games like Resistance where I was the last living scum in lylo, I wove a narrative specific to one player being scum because I held focus. In my entire scumgame career, holding focus has done nothing but serve me well. Losing focus has done nothing but screw me over. Because guess what? People like focus. They like confidence. They love to see assurance in a read. They want to have a figure be charismatic and to follow. It's an inherent part of people's nature. That's why tunneling is so prevalent, because it works DAMN good and well to get a lynch. People hate doubt. When someone is calling everyone town/scum in rapid circles, AKA circlejerking, people think it's scum trying to mislynch anyone. They see desperation and attribute it to being scum. They don't see a town player desperately trying to figure out the game. They see a scum player that is trying to find options. So damn fucking straight. Maybe someday I'll flail as scum. It could in theory be this game. But in practice? Fuck no. As scum I'd push a lynch through; as town, here I am without a clue.)
Bulbasaur Commonwealth wrote:(I really need to also add a section in there about explicitly blowing up.
I don't think I've ever thrown f-bombs around as scum freely, aside from some trolling in L4D when I literally claimed scum in-thread once I realized Molla had a guilty on me.
As town, you'll note, I go absolutely ballistic, and for damn fucking good reason. Lynching me has never done a town favors, ESPECIALLY not in the lategame.)
^That's how. ('Course, the flowchart was developed for single-ball games. I actually have no clue myself how well it does or doesn't hold up in multiball.)
mastin2 wrote:(I just realized that an item not on the flowchart but which should be is how I explain my reads:
"Does she explain her reads in crystal clarity?
No-->Almost certainly town, though you can proceed as a precaution just in case.
...Maybe?-->Probably town, but proceed anyway.
Yes-->Proceed.")
Not included: "Is she doing anything?"
Yes-->Well, go read what she's doing, dummy!
No-->She's probably fighting a flake.

Doesn't tell you alignment, but is useful to have on there anyway. :P
It's a pleasure to meet ya. You'll get to know me better as the game progresses, especially since this playerlist is ripe full of people who know me reasonably well. Not quite to the extents of the AP and zMuffinmans listed above, but enough where they can generally give you a good idea of what is, and isn't, normal from me.

Now I
could
go telling you whether this is normal for me, but I'd prefer that not only you, but all of them, form their own conclusions on that field. Beyond me telling you of course being self-meta, there's some actually pragmatic reasons why I prefer others to do this rather than just handing them the answer. If you're looking for extra credit, you can try and figure out what said reasons are!
The Thinker
The Thinker
Goon
The Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:47 pm

Post by The Thinker »

In post 834, mastina wrote:
In post 797, Drunken Piper wrote:Thinker, I see posts, but mostly fluff.
figuring out who you think is scum is a bit rough.
And here's the thing that's really scary:
Aristophanes is the slot producing more content.
Aristophanes
is the head of the hydra who is doing more.
Aristophanes.
The lurksack.
Whose content consists of fluff and active lurking.

Is the more active of their heads.

What does that tell you about their alignment?
Honestly, this post made me laugh harder than it should have XD

Maybe we both just suck. Did you ever think of that?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:48 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

@mastin Ok I'll look through that thanks
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

The Thinker
The Thinker
Goon
The Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Post by The Thinker »

In post 818, Heartless wrote:VOTE: thinkbig
In post 819, Heartless wrote:VOTE: the thinker

think big, the thinker, thinkythinkthinkthink

whatever
I'm hurt. ThinkBig has barely even proddodged. I've been here lots! Heartless, why are you being so mean :(

And why the vote? What makes us scum??

- Ari
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 839, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 836, Aeronaut wrote:... Go on?
I thought the point was a good point, and I was wondering the same question he had

Don't know what else you want
That's basically it; I wanted to know what you liked about it in specifics.

It kind of makes me wonder though, why it is that you're so willing to let Titus be Titus now, when at the beginning of the game you were very adamant about not doing that?
In post 840, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 838, Aeronaut wrote:What?
Ok so:
PP voting Klingon
TTH convincing me PP is scummy

leads me to townread klingon more

Then:
Townreading klingon more
Cakez's scummy stuff

Leads me to want to vote cakez over klingon

Make sense?
Yeah; the way you said it was very confusing but now it makes a bit more sense to me.
2023 W/L | 1-0
The Thinker
The Thinker
Goon
The Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Post by The Thinker »

In post 822, Heartless wrote:i mean....

nothing he's said so far has rung that town bell which is why he was in the null tier but i have a gut town read on him that doesn't have a rational basis
Then why vote us??
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:55 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 842, The Thinker wrote:Maybe we both just suck. Did you ever think of that?
Oh, you sucking was never in question; it was a given.
The thing up for debate is whether it's town suck or scumfuck, and I'm casting my vote for the latter.
The Thinker
The Thinker
Goon
The Thinker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:58 pm

Post by The Thinker »

In post 847, mastina wrote:
In post 842, The Thinker wrote:Maybe we both just suck. Did you ever think of that?
Oh, you sucking was never in question; it was a given.
The thing up for debate is whether it's town suck or scumfuck, and I'm casting my vote for the latter.
Have you ever seen my meta as Hydra-Scum?

It's not pretty. I'll link momentarily.

Like, I barely log on as Hydra-scum. Never mind take over posting!
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:06 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 845, Aeronaut wrote:at the beginning of the game you were very adamant about not doing that?
Where?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”