[REVIEW] Open Setup Reviews

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:45 am

Post by boring »

I don't know this would be allowed, or if it's even new, but I was struck with this idea:

Everything would be ordinary (with no individual PR's) except that the players would have a collective healer ability. While voting for their lynch, the players also openly vote someone to be protected that night from a NK. They'd have until the point of lynch to pick. The player would have to be chosen by the same level of majority (i.e. 5/9), or there'd be no save that night.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:07 am

Post by boring »

In post 620, callforjudgement wrote:I'm pretty sure that's allowed. I'm not sure if there are any numbers where it works offhand, though (although if pressed, I'd start it at 2:9 in the understanding that it's likely going to be somewhat scumsided).
What would make it scum-sided?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by boring »

That's actually another question I've had. It seems like "balanced" games are all a bit town-sided in setup, yet scum appears to win a little more often than town. Is it the long games? Do they make it harder for town to figure things out?

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”