Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:22 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

And EXTREME APATHY in this game definitely makes sense if he also got that scum roll in URW and didn't really want to be scum.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:22 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Finishing up the paper I'm writing, and then I'll catchup on the
fifteen
pages oh my gosh people
2023 W/L | 1-0
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:23 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

In post 1621, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1613, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:but I don't understand what you're saying.
Whenever people are like "hi! we're all town!", people left out. It's no fun to play a game where there's a central "cool kids group" and you're not involved, which is something that can happen pretty easily with townblocks. If possible, I want to give every opportunity for people to prove themselves as town, and, most importantly, I don't want to tunnel someone to a meltdown. So when Monokuma was making the "suck a dick" posts, I was worried that they weren't having fun/that they were pissed off and I wanted to fix that if I could in any way possible.

Does this make sense?
Oh yeah, understood completely. It's gimmicking and unproductive so I'm still avoiding it until posting comes up with thought is bearable to reason with.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Reading every post in the game isn't as useful as interacting as us real time would be. Let us know when you have a few.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by mastina »

I feel like I should give the gist of the general explanation for my stances on the six outside of my townbloc.

For Aeronaut, the basic boils down to this:
Aeronaut makes sense as a scum pick for Pine. Pine knows of Aeronaut as a player, and is one of the better players at blending into the background and being ignored. He's got a decent towngame and an excellent scumgame which Pine would know. He knows that Aeronaut would work well with whoever he picked as a team, and even be something of a second scum leader beyond Pine himself. Basically, if this were a scumteam of "three newbs and Pine", then Pine would be directing their almost every action, coaching them every step of the way. Having a veteran like Aeronaut along for the ride would give a second voice to double-check what he said, giving a second opinion, and reinforcing Pine's opinion, as well as a scum player around during periods of the day where Pine is not. Of all the theoretical picks outside of Fate/Nacho/me, he'd be the one I'd think would be the top one.

On terms of actual play, I never made my case against Aeronaut, but I easily still could. There's been nothing from him actually indicating he's town, aside from touchy feels which made me doubt my scumread on him. He fits as scum in many VCs, because if the scum were lurksacks doing fuckall, well, Aeronaut was among those that for a significant portion of the game was doing fuckall. Even when Aeronaut is around and contributing, can you say he's actually left a strong impact? Can you say that what he's said is actually meaningful, important stuff that genuinely contributed to making the game thread be closer to lynching scum? There's simply a lack of what I can call town motive in his actions.

The counterbalance to this? The thing making me doubt Aeronaut as scum? I just no longer feel him to be scum. I feel like maybe he could be town. It's not like his absence was alignment-indicative; he was V/LA. And it's not like his content is atrocious; it's just not very helpful. And while "not very helpful" could in fact be scum, it could also just be town.

For drealmerz, the thing about him is: if Aeronaut wasn't Pine's pick, and we assume Fate/Nacho weren't Pine's pick, then someone had to be, and drealmerz has the most recent games with Pine out of any player. (Three.) This gives Pine plenty of time to see the potential in drealmerz. Furthermore, it also gives Pine plenty of time to see drealmerz as similar enough a player to me. (Or maybe he saw a little bit of himself in drealmerz.) I've determined over the course of this game that drealmerz was similar to me. What's to stop Pine from having done this in prior games?

drealmerz strikes me as an insanely competent scum player and a reasonably competent town player. And yet, if I were playing like drealmerz this game, I'd probably be scum. drealmerz isn't me, sure, yeah. He's a different player than me, but I've noted the similarity to me and he's noted the similarity in me to him, and I'm telling you that while there were some strong initial elements of my towngame present in him (more on that later), there are far, far, far, FAR more warning signs to him being scum here: his STRONG early presence which fades into the background is one of my textbook scum moves. His lack of reads evolution? Part of my scum playbook. His insistence on holding reads even past their expiration date? That, too. Switching to a new vote without reconsidering? Also a mark against him. His posts where he push me? Lack strength, lack the conviction I'd expect of someone similar to me. And then there's the fact that he recognized how similar I am to him, and didn't stop to consider that the way I'm playing would be his towngame.

All of these, when combined with how he fits the profile of a player doing fuckall, make him a strong candidate for being scum. Now, he's pushed me, sure. He's not focused entirely on me, yeah, giving some early reads. But while he's given those reads, there's no reason attached to them (not a sin coming from a mastina clone, sure, but part of the problem is the WAY there's no reason attached to them), and there's no solid push behind them. He's just, "meh", the entire way, in regards to his beliefs, and that mehness, that not actually caring, is not something I associate with a mastina-clone's towngame.

The doubt comes from how strong and sincere-sounding his early game actually was. He raised many valid points--points which happen to be wrong, yes, but which were valid all the same. These points, these kinds of pushes, of minimal reasons yet still with some degree of strength, are what I'd expect to see from a player who has a notable similarity to me.

For Aristophanes, pisskop has the benefit of not really having the Pine experience, reducing his chances of being an initial scum pick, but aside from that, it's mostly scum stuff. pisskop's gameplay this game felt like it was almost a parody of his towngame, a crude, deliberate imitation via mockery of it, where he did basically nothing, told us he was doing nothing, and tried to pass that off as being something. He then replaced out for no reason at all, something which makes little sense to me. Aristophanes came in, and proceeded to fluff the slot up.

When he was pressured, he produced content, yes, but the quality of that content was wishy-washy, fluff-filled garbage where he made no strong points, no strong positions, nothing where it looked like he was taking anything resembling an actually real stance, and then when the pressure fell off of him, what did he proceed to do? Go straight back to lurking, exactly as he had been before. I don't really have anything for why he'd be town, aside from maybe a feeling of his appeal to me potentially being sincere, but even then I have my doubts.

That leaves BTD6_maker, Monokuma, and Secret Agent Jin, who I'll cover next post.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:25 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1628, Nachomamma8 wrote:Reading every post in the game isn't as useful as interacting as us real time would be. Let us know when you have a few.
@Aeronaut
(especially since I'm currently spamming and attempting to read everything I'm posting right this minute is probably going to end in a lot of frustration)

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:26 pm

I was thinking while driving in the car that basically I feel bad for mastin as Nacho and I are spam posting thinkers and she makes her case in one post xD
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:28 pm

In post 1623, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 95, Secret Agent Jin wrote:It is too early for me to figure anything out.
This post is a similar mindset to Jin's "I have absolutely no fucking clue what's going on earlier"; you're absolutely right that he gets into posting real stances a lot quicker in this game even while lost.

Something that I find useful is the level of conviction he manages in that game; there's no weird waffley "oh I know nothing but one of these people is scum" bullshit and he definitely manages pushes in a way here that he hasn't managed as scum.

At the end of the day I want to give him room because I see how he could be town but his approach to Mastin and me fits his scum game to a T and he's definitely not hitting his town vibe.
In post 1625, Nachomamma8 wrote:And EXTREME APATHY in this game definitely makes sense if he also got that scum roll in URW and didn't really want to be scum.
We called him Low hanging fruit in the hunger games and I'd say, worrying a lot about him is still applying the LHF. He may be scum or may be town but it's not 100%.

Final Verdict from my POV: Null, push down the queue for later analyzing.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I think I feel more sorry for everyone else :/

Starting Drealmer now, I think I'm done with Jin. I think the key in reading Jin is reading how he pushes people and I think that's a crapshoot based on the low volume he has, although the way he's pushed me/mastina trends scum.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

GTH scum or town?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:31 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

As in if he was lynched right now, what flip would you be expecting?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:31 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

And mastina, I'm not ignoring you; I'm moving through the same people you are, just considerably slower.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:31 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

And spammier.

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:32 pm

GTH?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:33 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

gun to head; it's an abbreviation from another site so I have no idea why I posted it here

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:33 pm

gun to head: scum
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:34 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1635, Nachomamma8 wrote:As in if he was lynched right now, what flip would you be expecting?
Jin: scum.
Aero: town.
Aristophanes: ?
Monokuma: ?
drealmerz: scum.
BTD6_maker: ?

This would be gun-to-heads at the moment. Aristophanes depends largely on Monokuma and BTD6_maker, and typing my thoughts up on them will help me feel out how strongly I feel about them. (You know what I mean, more or less.)

And, take your time. I'm doing this analysis more or less to boost yours, because I'm expecting your feedback to be better and more thorough than my own.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:35 pm

dreal is one of those players that shoves shit in your face and tells you what's blatantly THE BEST WAY, because it's his way. Doesn't change views much and tunnels. That's what I believe town!dreal is.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:36 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 43, drealmerz7 wrote:(we're allowed to shit-talk pine, right?)
Small thing, but still stood out as something that's more indicative of town than scum.
If drealmer is scum here and this was a legitimate question, my guess would be that he'd float that question to Pine first and wouldn't put it in thread for towncred (it's a really weird thing to try and get towncred for) - drealmer is a person who seems to feel really good about something in one moment and doubt it in another (sense I got from our scumgame together - feel free to correct if I'm wrong @drealmer), so it makes sense that he might question something like this randomly as town.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1642, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:dreal is one of those players that shoves shit in your face and tells you what's blatantly THE BEST WAY, because it's his way. Doesn't change views much and tunnels. That's what I believe town!dreal is.
He certainly does have impressive conviction as town; that's the sense that I got from his push on mastina.
What I really liked about it is that "I see myself in you and you are scum" bit - it definitely had a good feel to it and it felt like dreal who believed with all his heart that he was on the good path.

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:41 pm

With the point you brought up, I like this post. Do think it's fabricated or genuine?
In post 103, drealmerz7 wrote:so, you all do realize that we have caught scum, righto!? and it's pretty cool cause it's mastina and what better way to get revenge on pine than to lynch mastina D1? goodstuff!

In post 48, mastina wrote:
Now, I just realized Fate is a player in this game.

bullshit! - looked at the playerlist, dug games, and just realized fate is a player in the game - and again huge personality dissonance WOAHMEGA-SCUM-PINGDINGDONG again
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:46 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 116, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 24, Pine wrote:And honestly, if I could've had both of you, it would've made me hard as a rock.
this makes me hard as a rock

conf.scum content attemping the WIFOM and failing so horribly - keep it coming pine!

the evidence will be undeniably glaring soon enough
From my very limited experience with him, he also seemed like the type that was far more genuine as scum; he didn't try to get himself townread through gimmicks and randomposting, he had far more of an approach of "let's do our best and kill this game!!". Again, this is just from one scum QT and one scum game, but the drealmer that I was partnered with that game certainly wasn't this one; if he's scum, he's banking on a town clear though shittalking Pine (which could be a Pine coach, but coaching can only go so far) and he's doing a pretty good job of it.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:47 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1645, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:With the point you brought up, I like this post. Do think it's fabricated or genuine?
In post 103, drealmerz7 wrote:so, you all do realize that we have caught scum, righto!? and it's pretty cool cause it's mastina and what better way to get revenge on pine than to lynch mastina D1? goodstuff!

In post 48, mastina wrote:
Now, I just realized Fate is a player in this game.

bullshit! - looked at the playerlist, dug games, and just realized fate is a player in the game - and again huge personality dissonance WOAHMEGA-SCUM-PINGDINGDONG again
It looks genuine to me - the basis of his push on Mastina is that Pine didn't use WIFOM in his picks and thus he banked on the best choice he could have made; hence he can be a hero and shoot Mastina down.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

And Mastina, a note about drealmer - I expected him to fade out even when he shone so bright in the beginning.
Like me, he plays too many games at once and it ends up making him be around for one sacred, shiny moment and then he's gone forever.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:51 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

gin you still around?
you're slowing down a bit and this can't be a town jam session if i'm the only one jamming

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”