TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

top post, go team
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:25 pm

In post 1673, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1662, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Nacho, my feelings about dreal as scum ping a lot here. Tell me your thoughts because it doesn't fit with my conception that he will just yell at me saying I'm scum. It's more of a sympathetic vibe.
In post 1543, drealmerz7 wrote:I honestly don't feel like it :\

you've been scumpinging me since the beginning, it's all a haze now

if I'm wrong, well, whoops
The other piece of drealmer is he gets bored quickly and complains when days aren't ending quickly enough.
It's part of the "burn out" aspect - he loves games when they're shiny and new but when that initial luster wears off it's incredibly hard to build that motivation up again.
I can buy that actually.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:25 pm

OH NACHO!
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:26 pm

You said you wanted someone who would return value but not be highly suspect?

Piss

kop
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1666, mastina wrote:That's not to say you need to switch to Secret Agent Jin.I'm thinking that we've got a choice here, probably between Secret Agent Jin and Aristophanes, to be realistic. (Even I'm not sure we should lynch BTD6_maker.)But while Monokuma's among the six, they're...honestly not someone I want to lynch. I just don't think it's the best of ideas, overall. I really do think that we've got that choice in two lynches, of Secret Agent Jin or Aristophanes. Everyone else just seems like...not a good idea.
I'm completely in agreement.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:28 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1674, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:So it's monkey in the middle then nacho @ post1670
That's the expectation.
Which is why Mastina's sometimes been getting weird on me and I've sometimes been getting weird on Fate.
Although if Fate is scum, then he's probably definitely not scum with SAJ; that weak shit self-pres vote is most certainly not Fate gaining steam bussing a buddy.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1678, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:You said you wanted someone who would return value but not be highly suspect?

Piss

kop
I don't disagree with this at all.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:30 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Weirdly enough, to mastina I was thinking of tagging on a "and I'm probably coming over to an Aristophanes vote" but wanted to do more reading first.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:30 pm

Post by mastina »

You'll have to let me know if you prefer Aristophanes over Secret Agent Jin, because Friday will be family night, reducing my availability, and weekends are always busy for me, but don't rush it; take your time and get to an informed decision. Just make sure said decision is before Friday night. (Night, as in 6:30 my time. As in, exactly 24 hours from this post. (expired on 2017-01-20 22:30:30). <--That's the ideal time window for an Aristophanes wagon.)
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:31 pm

I forget if you gave thoughts on this but what do you think?
In post 998, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:First off, Pisskop was the beginning slot, he started out the game and continued the pattern of fluffing and frivolous shit posting. When he did post, there wasn't reasoning attached to it, all of them were baseless and were said to just be said.

It also doesn't help that the slot replacement, Ari can't play scum to save his life, in essence making it a suicide slot. The quotes I put in a spoiler, and really they are all his ISO, is literally no game contribution and doesn't address anyone game related.

Also a quick VCA is that scum will disperse their votes to hide in the crowd, so there will be 1/2 in the main wagons and 1/2 in a slot that's been voted once or they are the only vote. Now, looking at the babywagons that happened in D1, the beginning started with dreal and Fate.

Looking at that, Pisskop gave a weak reason which was really a hesitant question more than accusation and put his vote on dreal. The vote only moved from dreal to Fate and this occurred when Pisskop said, Fate was his top scum read, but again, there was no explanation attached to it, essentially making it a naked vote because it is knowingly implied that if you vote someone, it is because you think they are scum.

I am almost 100% confident that Pisskop has been staying off of the main wagons to avoid any serious attention and shitpost so you think to just ignore him.

VOTE: Aristophanes
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:32 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm making my decision by the end of tonight, don't worry.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:33 pm

Post by mastina »

And I do mean, just say the word and I'll switch.

I'm here for as long as I'm needed. All night if need be. I could stay up 'til 4 AM. I could be here as early as 12 PM tomorrow, and stay for potentially as late as 7 PM tomorrow if I push it. (Along with sporadic, inconsistent posts throughout the night if I can manage it.)
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:34 pm

BTD6 focused on mastina all game before the posts below, I voted Ari and then he defended him. There was no reason in his posting pattern/style to respond to this and defend it so quickly.

Ari/BTD/??? is where I'm at quite honestly.

Spoiler: BTD6 defending Ari/Pisskop
In post 1054, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 1051, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1031, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:When he went multiple days without posting actual content; on the days he wasn't V/LA.

Normally a meta read isn't the only tool to use on a player but Ari is one of those exceptions and this becomes apparently true as Ari admits it.

Now I'm waiting because I didn't honestly suspect a post from him.
Very scummy =/= confscum. I thought there was something I missed that made him confscum.
Like what? You just called him confscum and then unvoted on the same page. Where's the conviction?
Fate wrote:I think my interaction with Monokuma reveals just how much they are reaching for reasons that I'm scum and twisting things.

Nacho has laid that out pretty clearly and so have I.

What the fuck 4-5 pages are Y OU reading Prism?
And this reaction is pretty awful.
I am reading the posts by Gin on this page.
In post 1055, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 1025, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:At this point we know Ari is 100% scum. There is no need not to vote this guy up. Mastin is town simple as that.

Look, Mastin is one of those that you require to use over half of the entire tool belt to lynch and those tools can't be used until flips have been made later down the road. That's what you get for being experienced as scum. However it's pretty clear she'll be killed N1 or N2, after that, it's worth taking into consideration...

I simply don't understand the value of going on a possible mislynch over a conf!scum lynch.
Again, no explanation for Ari being 100% scum. Also, you claim Mastina is Town purely because she is hard to lynch. This is faulty logic and does not clear anyone. Mastina is being wagoned. Some wagons lead to a lynch; some don't. It is possible to consistently avoid lynches even with a wagon. Also, I am doubting whether what you say is actually true about Mastina. Provide evidence.

In short, Ari is not confscum and this reasoning is terrible. On Day 1 we only have one guaranteed confscum, and that's Pine.
In post 1031, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:When he went multiple days without posting actual content; on the days he wasn't V/LA.

Normally a meta read isn't the only tool to use on a player but Ari is one of those exceptions and this becomes apparently true as Ari admits it.

Now I'm waiting because I didn't honestly suspect a post from him.
You claimed Ari was 100% confscum. Not posting much for some time may make someone
slightly
more likely to be scum, but nowhere near obvscum, let alone confscum (which can generally only be attained through Cops or similar investigatives). Also, you are claiming Ari can be read entirely through meta. I doubt there is anyone who can be read instantly through meta alone. Meta may help somewhat, but it is generally weaker than actually examining posts for scummy content (not just lack of content).
And again, you unvote a "confscum".

(
In post 1059, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 998, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:First off, Pisskop was the beginning slot, he started out the game and continued the pattern of fluffing and frivolous shit posting. When he did post, there wasn't reasoning attached to it, all of them were baseless and were said to just be said.

It also doesn't help that the slot replacement, Ari can't play scum to save his life, in essence making it a suicide slot. The quotes I put in a spoiler, and really they are all his ISO, is literally no game contribution and doesn't address anyone game related.

Also a quick VCA is that scum will disperse their votes to hide in the crowd, so there will be 1/2 in the main wagons and 1/2 in a slot that's been voted once or they are the only vote. Now, looking at the babywagons that happened in D1, the beginning started with dreal and Fate.

Looking at that, Pisskop gave a weak reason which was really a hesitant question more than accusation and put his vote on dreal. The vote only moved from dreal to Fate and this occurred when Pisskop said, Fate was his top scum read, but again, there was no explanation attached to it, essentially making it a naked vote because it is knowingly implied that if you vote someone, it is because you think they are scum.

I am almost 100% confident that Pisskop has been staying off of the main wagons to avoid any serious attention and shitpost so you think to just ignore him.

This is your only Ari case in the last few pages. I can list your main points:

-Pisskop posting little content. This is not something which makes someone obvscum. In fact, Pisskop was probably posting little content because he didn't have time for this game, which is why he replaced.
-Ari being allegedly bad as scum. You could say that Ari is scummier as scum, but that is meta. Meta is not useless, but it cannot make someone obvTown or obvscum.
-The VCA. VCA is generally unreliable (though possible, it is very weak) in Day 1 with no flips at all.
-Pisskop giving next to no explanation for moving votes. I can see your point and this could add to a scumread, but this does not make someone obvscum. Even added together, these points may make someone a weak to moderate scumread, but not obvscum and definitely not confscum. (Unless you are a Day Cop, but I highly doubt that)

PEdit: I have addressed these points in this post.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1684, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:I forget if you gave thoughts on this but what do you think?

I always find it to be awkward to reading someone who replaced out - that can generally be a tip off to weird RL shit and so being underwhelming and disappearing generally isn't a scum tell for me. But Aristophanes isn't playing like town, which is a shame because it would be a disappointment if Pine lost his ringer and instead got Aristophanes (who I love very much but who also lurks like crazy like scum for some odd reason).

But I do agree with you and mastina that his play looked like a caricature of his normal townplay and that nothing that he posted when he was here looked vaguely town.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:36 pm

Post by mastina »

I'd buy to be quite honest.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Mastina, if you were looking for a formal proposal for town #6, I think that it'd be drealmer. I'll try to post my town reasoning on him a bit faster but I'm remembering what I liked about him and I feel pretty good that he's town.

Gin, do you have anything else that bothers you about him?

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:37 pm

Just so you know I aint hopping out, i just need to reopen is his ISO again.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:38 pm

SO MANY FREAKING TABS
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:38 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

and completely aside - this jam session feels good.
gin in particular you are fucking killing it and if you're scum then I mean it double.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:39 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I really wish BTD6 hadn't faded earlier; there are some things with him that feel townish but others that fall flat.
Will revisit that point after I've actually reread him.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:39 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1690, Nachomamma8 wrote:Mastina, if you were looking for a formal proposal for town #6, I think that it'd be drealmer. I'll try to post my town reasoning on him a bit faster but I'm remembering what I liked about him and I feel pretty good that he's town.
You won't get much objection from me--he was my strongest townread in the game for the longest time period, and every time you post more about him, I'm reminded of
why
he was that strong of a townread.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:40 pm

I have a refresh tab checking for new posts,tab for posts that need responding to immediately, tab for theory craft, tab for ISO and a tab for replying to posts back later
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:41 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 217, drealmerz7 wrote:but I've noticed ppl on MS like to dilly as long as possible for no reason other than fear, so, it's a bit daunting

I'm good though
this is that impatient mindset i'm talking about

BUT
ASIDE TO DREALMER

remember oakwood and the dilly dally to no lynch? MS people aren't the only ones ;)

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:42 pm

2.5/3 we think he's town (I read him town all game until he voted me tbh but it DID make sense as to why he would say it the way he did, thanks Nacho :P hence the .5)

I'm okay with moving into townbloc tbh.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:44 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1688, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1684, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:I forget if you gave thoughts on this but what do you think?

I always find it to be awkward to reading someone who replaced out - that can generally be a tip off to weird RL shit and so being underwhelming and disappearing generally isn't a scum tell for me. But Aristophanes isn't playing like town, which is a shame because it would be a disappointment if Pine lost his ringer and instead got Aristophanes (who I love very much but who also lurks like crazy like scum for some odd reason).

But I do agree with you and mastina that his play looked like a caricature of his normal townplay and that nothing that he posted when he was here looked vaguely town.
<3

I can't fault you for this read I guess.

I'm still not scum though. I wish I could make people believe that.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”