Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:42 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1842, Nachomamma8 wrote:Gin, Mastina, and I have talked pretty extensively for a good number of pages. We've named it a "town jam".
Oh cool, I love it!
In post 1846, Nachomamma8 wrote:i'm fading out right now but I agree we're done with Cakez for now, want something else.
Of course...
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:42 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1846, Nachomamma8 wrote:i'm fading out right now but I agree we're done with Cakez for now, want something else.
If Gin is still alive, do Vaxkiller.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:43 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

FUCK FUCK FUCK missed page top...

Yes, I need Vax killer done as well.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:44 pm

Post by mastina »

Aristophanes also works, though.
(Also high on the list: Aeronaut, Monokuma, BTD6.)
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:44 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

So...should I look at Vax then? It seems you've all come to your (Town?) conclusions on Cakez anyway..
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:45 pm

I can multi-task, let me focus on talking to Ari, besides I've been on his case the entire time, help me through a Vax read.

Ari, we're going to go through Vax and I need you to respond to me in real time okay?
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1848, Aristophanes wrote:I just have a feeling I've let this go too far for too long (even if it's only been a week) and I will struggle to come back from it. This along with being V/la starting, well, basically from when I go to bed until Monday, isn't gonna help a damn thing. Probably me just looking at worst case scenario. I feel like I have all these votes on me that aren't there and its weird.
If you are town, I need you to trust us.
I don't need you to read the whole game and give really intelligent and insightful comments.
I don't need you to read the game. I just need you to trust us, and that means believe me when I say if you're town there's not a chance in hell that you're getting lynched this game. I just need you to let your guard down and post.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:46 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1853, mastina wrote:Aristophanes also works, though.
(Also high on the list: Aeronaut, Monokuma, BTD6.)
Or do me, why not. I'll just interject my notes from Isos I guess and let you people to it, conversing if you'd like.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:I can multi-task, let me focus on talking to Ari, besides I've been on his case the entire time, help me through a Vax read.

Ari, we're going to go through Vax and I need you to respond to me in real time okay?
Alrighty, I'll be here!

Realtime (plus time to look at his posts) is cool with me!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:47 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1856, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1848, Aristophanes wrote:I just have a feeling I've let this go too far for too long (even if it's only been a week) and I will struggle to come back from it. This along with being V/la starting, well, basically from when I go to bed until Monday, isn't gonna help a damn thing. Probably me just looking at worst case scenario. I feel like I have all these votes on me that aren't there and its weird.
If you are town, I need you to trust us.
I don't need you to read the whole game and give really intelligent and insightful comments.
I don't need you to read the game. I just need you to trust us, and that means believe me when I say if you're town there's not a chance in hell that you're getting lynched this game. I just need you to let your guard down and post.
Okay.
I'm putting myself into a mindset where i can trust you (the plural you).
I can do this. I will do this.

Let's do this!
- Jingle
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Gin, was we "you and Ari" or was we "you and me and Ari"?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Or is this a race and you're already winning???

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:51 pm

Starting off with his first post, I picked out the parts that stood out to me. I have to agree with Vax here that in the beginning, I saw it as a distancing move with dreal and Pine, what are your thoughts on this quote?
In post 145, Vaxkiller wrote:BUT dreal is a good player as well, and this seems like distancing. I see dreal put alot of emotion when trying to convince people in his arguments.
Also moving onto the same quote but a little further. What do you think of the validity of Vax's statements?
In post 145, Vaxkiller wrote:More scum posting. Instead of saying why, you just say just say shes "scumming it up" also you trying VERY VERY hard to convince us pine did not pick you, a little to hard.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

It'll be less F5'ing for me if I work on BTD6. Mastin, are you still hanging in there?

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:54 pm

In post 1860, Nachomamma8 wrote:Or is this a race and you're already winning???
I'm a train that ain't stopping without a tunnel in sight. Right now I'm taking Ari under my wing and seeing what he can produce. There is so much pressure on him that I'm doubting he can handle being massively scum read and then try to talk to everyone. With a cheerful personality with Ari, it's not a scum tell of him trying to please everyone, it's just what he does as a person. Now with myself being the main person he talks to; it gives him breathing room to speak judgement free.

Basically i think he's claustrophobic and was thrown into a mosh pit and he's getting wrecked, not by his own doing but there is chaos he can't swim through
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:54 pm

We jam pretty well but let's break off for a moment, you carry on with Mastin for a bit, I got Ari.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:55 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1862, Nachomamma8 wrote:It'll be less F5'ing for me if I work on BTD6. Mastin, are you still hanging in there?
Yeah, what do you need?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Nothing yet.

I think I want to look at the big picture again before I start looking at specifics.

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1861, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Starting off with his first post, I picked out the parts that stood out to me. I have to agree with Vax here that in the beginning, I saw it as a distancing move with dreal and Pine, what are your thoughts on this quote?
In post 145, Vaxkiller wrote:BUT dreal is a good player as well, and this seems like distancing. I see dreal put alot of emotion when trying to convince people in his arguments.
Also moving onto the same quote but a little further. What do you think of the validity of Vax's statements?
In post 145, Vaxkiller wrote:More scum posting. Instead of saying why, you just say just say shes "scumming it up" also you trying VERY VERY hard to convince us pine did not pick you, a little to hard.
I don't know their history, but Dreal is a decent player generally. I do think he'd distance from Pine. I don't read it as such though. He is making it too obvious to be real distancing I think.

I di agree that Dreal way exaggerated Nacho's "scumming it up" as I don't believe he had even had 2 posts at this time. It's a good observation. Nacho would also be one that Pine would want discredited early, as he is a fantastic player. So I definitely could buy it here.
- Jingle
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1866, Nachomamma8 wrote:I think I want to look at the big picture again before I start looking at specifics.
Well the bigger picture is that we have seven from the jam session:
You, Gin, me, Fate, Prism, drealmerz, and SirCakez;
That leaves Aeronaut, Aristophanes, Monokuma, BTD6_maker, Secret Agent Jin, and Vaxkiller as the people not currently in the townbloc made.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:01 pm

Post by mastina »

For what it's worth at this second I don't think Aristophanes is the way to go voting-wise.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:01 pm

Okay, so tell me your thoughts about this post here, I have my thoughts but I'm interested in your opinion.
In post 410, Vaxkiller wrote:Because taht is al he posted so far.

I'm new here, but I've heard the name nacho before, so its not like hes some newbie-scum that is afraid to post.

So what about that post do you think people were voting him for?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:05 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

01. Secret Agent Jin
02. BTD6_MAKER
05. Fate
06. drealmerz7
07. Monokuma (Nahdia + Road Kamelot)
09. Aeronaut
10. Prism
11. SirCakez
12. Vaxkiller
13. Aristophanes (replaces pisskop)

{Nacho, Mastina, Gin} - I trust you two more than I trust anyone else, for what are probably obvious reasons to you two.
{drealmerz7} - drealmer read has a nice balance of understanding his play and a scum range that isn't terrifying
{Prism, Fate} - Prism has come across as fairly town at points but I'm not leaving him in those tiers because he could be centering his play around me and doing a fantastic job of it; he has the range. Fate should be powering through and he does seem town but he just hasn't gotten there yet.

Cakez is a potential candidate because I've liked his posts a lot on readthrough; definitely agree with your perspective there now.
Aristophanes I want to see what Gin and him produce but I think he could certainly move up.

If both are town, we have: {Vaxkiller, Monokuma, Jin, BTD6, Aeronaut}.
If that block is true, then one or both of Monokuma or Aeronaut absolutely have to be scum.
And Vaxkiller seems town from what I remember from him, and BTD6 doesn't really look horrible.

Am I townreading people too easily?

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:07 pm

There are 3 scum out of 13. Excluding yourself, you should be townreading 9 people
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:07 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I think I'm still freaking about the "monkey in the middle" scenario - Fate's still a scum possibility and it would make Pine's scum picks make more sense.
Aeronaut/Jin/Monokuma is the only thing that really looks like a Pine scum team without Fate and doesn't rip up my reads. Is that a feasible scumteam? Is it feasible if someone gets substituted for pisskop/Cakez?

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:07 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1870, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Okay, so tell me your thoughts about this post here, I have my thoughts but I'm interested in your opinion.
In post 410, Vaxkiller wrote:Because taht is al he posted so far.

I'm new here, but I've heard the name nacho before, so its not like hes some newbie-scum that is afraid to post.

So what about that post do you think people were voting him for?
I'm conflicted on it. I like that he's pointing it out. It's likely he has heard nacho's name thrown around. I know I did well before I ever played with him. He is talked about. I also like him calling out the unfair push on Nacho. It is part of why I scumread Mastina at the beginning. Because I just didn't see where any of it was coming from and it looked like a really opportunistic push.

What I don't like about it is that it doesn't actually take a stance. It's merely a fact post. Like "you are wrong because..." not "your pushing this is scummy because..."
It's a small distinction, but it does make a big difference sometimes.

Like I say, it gives me pause, but I do like that he called it out.
If he's scum, it'd be ballsy (though one must be in a game with this caliber of player in it).
- Jingle

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”