Combat Mechanics and Comments

Older threads and ideas relating to the Amstaad RPG.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:24 am

Post by jeep »

I know, I'm spying, but I'm thinking that magic knowledge should come into play there. Someone who knows nothing of magic, might not notice that a person is getting ready to do anything...

I know it's too complex but something more like:
ACU + (Observation + Magic Knowledge)/2 + d10...

Also, is it correct to compare it to a fixed number? In the case of a duel, is then it's simply a matter of speed (compare CRD?) ... in the case of an ambush then it's a matter of if the target sees it (perhaps vs fixed number?)... in the case of a chance meeting, it's a matter of who response faster (Compare ACU+CRD?)...

Just some random thoughts from someone who has a lot less knowledge of how the game will work thay y'all do. ;)

-JEEP
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:11 pm

Post by jeep »

I'm happy to test with my char. Obviously I don't get to be a mod, though. ;)
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:12 pm

Post by jeep »

Focus: What if you want to hold open a door... can't you harness your ki to help you do that?

Willpower: The countering part is easy enough... but maybe you allow one action after reaching no "hit points"...

-JEEP
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:56 pm

Post by jeep »

12 fights for a "boss" level? Wow. That seems awfully light. I don't know where the numbers you state come from and probably shouldn't, but it looks like you get equal experience no matter what the skill level of your opponent... but maybe something dropped out due to the equal level assumption, I guess. A relatively adept person with 12 fights experience is probably experienced enough to compete with a gifted "natural." But still might not win. Also is that 12-0? I.e. never lost a fight? Or is it 250-12? I'd put my money on the newbie in the latter case.

I think that if the non-fighting parts of the roleplaying are sufficient, that the optimized chars will have problems anyway. You can't spend ALL your time going from fight to fight to fight. Enforce that. "You are too tired to fight." If the player trys to sweep the resting periods under the rug, then force other encounters.

-JEEP
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #48 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:36 pm

Post by jeep »

I didn't change the character...

I guess I need more details on what a critical hit is... but I'd say two skilled opponents will not get 10% critical hits. Take boxing, for example and say a critical hit is a knock out. Two skilled boxers will throw something along the lines of 50-100 punches per round (maybe half of them being power shots) and land say 1 in 3 or 4. I don't know the stats in knockouts, but they aren't easy. So maybe 1 in 100 or 200 power shots? So I think we should make it so that two skilled fighters have a 1% chance of getting a critical hit.

But that all depends on what is "critical." I think you should throw a non-combatant in the mix and make sure that it's quite a bit easier to get a critical hit on them.

-JEEP
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #49 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:06 pm

Post by jeep »

comments?

Return to “Old Aamstaad”