False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:42 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1521, Infinity 324 wrote:I want you to talk about this when you get the chance as well, because I am very confused about what happened to your aero read. You townread him for what seemed like very little at the time then continuously moved him down giving no explanation when to me he even got townier. What?
Bit busy at the moment and should probably eat breakfast (my hands are a little bit shaky because my body is lacking in nutrients at the moment because I went to play mafia before eating anything), but the short version is, more or less:

I liked Aeronaut's entrance into the game. Really liked it. I tend to have reasonably decent earlygame reads, and have gotten good at reading content others dismiss as useless RVS stuff. Going into theory a bit, I prefer to keep my exact process hidden (it's my exact process), both for a combination of strategic reasons and because I fucking suck at explaining the concept which my brain processes this stuff as, but basically, in essence, the scum in a game tend to stick out during the RVS because they don't yet know how to blend in. When I call people scum, I'm noting people who don't blend in; when I call people town, I'm essentially noting those that did. And Aeronaut felt like he had. This is a MASSIVE oversimplification and undersells the importance of my process, but I'm in a rush to get food in me so I might give you a better explanation later.

This is why Aeronaut was an early strong townread; I felt he was not scum with the way he came into the game.
Then, he disappeared. I still defended him, but the defense felt wrong. Therein entering the doubt. I didn't share with everyone that I was feeling said doubt, but I was. I tried to write it off--I knew he was experiencing some sort of V/LA, so surely it was that.
And then, he posted his content.

And none of it was good.

None of it was even remotely what I was expecting from him as town. The very thing making you townread him is what makes me scumread him.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:44 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1523, SirCakez wrote:VOTE: klingon
Titus what happened to wanting to wagon Klingon?
Klingon was a compromise if I couldn't get Infinity and this Klingon lynched seeming preplanned without me worries me.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:48 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1522, mastina wrote:
In post 1506, Infinity 324 wrote:Ok. So heartless, desp, me, and nacho were in the rogue crew last night, and then pine joined the crew in the middle. This creeped all of us out, but gin made some towny posts in the pt so yeah.
Okay, so that's pretty blatantly a scumclaim.
Heartless, you, Desperado, and Nacho are all clearly town. That's an all-town rogue crew if ever I've seen one. (So, joining had some clear scum motivation.) Further exemplified by Nacho's death during the night. And then, you're telling me Gin made good points in the PT?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I basically taught TheRealGin-N-Tonic how to town it up behind closed doors. (Not directly, but indirectly, via my theory work. Most recently seen here, but elsewhere too.) Because, uh. Yeah. They're closed fucking doors. We can't see them. It's easier to manipulate two or three town players than it is the entire town.
I can see why scum!pine would want to join the crew, but I don't see why town!pine wouldn't per se. And killing nacho I think is just a good play overall since he's a good player who hadn't really gotten into the game yet.

Gin was reaching out and trying to figure out the game together with us in a very genuine way. It's something I rarely see scum fake so *shrug*
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:59 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1526, Titus wrote:and this Klingon lynched seeming preplanned without me worries me.
oh lordy
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:00 am

Post by Nero Cain »

though I do kinda want to kill Infinity when Titus flips scum.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:02 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Have you played with scum!titus more than me? Is this seriously how she plays as scum?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:03 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean scum distancing from one another isn't impossible. I mean it certainly is possible that he's just town and wrong but IDK. He's worth sorting n jazz.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:04 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1530, Infinity 324 wrote:Have you played with scum!titus more than me?
prob

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:05 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

You didn't answer the other question :)

I really don't feel like this is titus's scum game. She is usually more in control as scum.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:05 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1526, Titus wrote:this Klingon lynched seeming preplanned without me worries me.
like this is too dumb to come from town Titus.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:05 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1526, Titus wrote:this Klingon lynched seeming preplanned without me worries me.

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:05 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

No, it's not
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:07 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I really don't think scum!titus says dumb things, she might be intentionally faking her town meta but eh. I want to see her thought process on who could be my buddies anyway.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:08 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean she's dumb but not that dumb. She knows damn fucking well why this Kling wagon is there and more likely than not going to be the days lynch.

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:11 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1526, Titus wrote:
In post 1523, SirCakez wrote:VOTE: klingon
Titus what happened to wanting to wagon Klingon?
Klingon was a compromise if I couldn't get Infinity and this Klingon lynched seeming preplanned without me worries me.
It is preplanned...I wanted Kling yesterday and then she hammered without a claim.
;)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:12 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1534, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1535, Nero Cain wrote:
I mean it was such a good point it even posted twice.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:28 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1449, Desperado wrote:I think if they were going to claim PR, town or scum, they would have done it already.
So, did he claim VT by his actions or not?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:57 am

Post by Desperado »

It doesn't matter what you interpret his actions as. I certainly never said that. Their actions said they were too busy to even respond to being at L1 and probably should have replaced out. But they didn't, and Kling hammered them without giving them the full allotment of time, and now we're here.
;)
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:58 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Tbf I 100% would've pushed to lynch that claim

But it's definitely to scum's benefit not to give the person a chance
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:05 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1542, Desperado wrote:It doesn't matter what you interpret his actions as. I certainly never said that. Their actions said they were too busy to even respond to being at L1 and probably should have replaced out. But they didn't, and Kling hammered them without giving them the full allotment of time, and now we're here.
Telling me what I think doesn't matter is an excellent way to persuade me to get on your wagon. I would have taken that as a go ahead to hammer if I didn't think the reason The Thinker was wagoned was shit. Thinker should have replaced out. You are right there.

I'd rather focus on the scum accellerating the day and forcing dumb decisions.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:06 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I wasn't accelerating shit, it was a large with 3 days left and there was no serious wagon. Of course there's cause for concern.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:09 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1545, Infinity 324 wrote:I wasn't accelerating shit, it was a large with 3 days left and there was no serious wagon. Of course there's cause for concern.
You were trying to force any wagon but yourself well before 3 days.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:10 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

...where
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:15 am

Post by Titus »

I would have quoted but you jumped votes onto major wagons under the guise of doing things, shaking things up, or biggest wagon too many times. So, basically almost every vote with a week to go.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:17 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Like, I had townreads and scumreads, they weren't a secret. I wasn't pushing randomly by any means

Again, my posts have text in them. If you don't like my reasons, explain why, but don't ignore them completely and look at my ISO as a sequence of votes.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”