ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:09 am

Post by ThinkBig »

I'm still convinced there is scum between desperado and Hans. Unless this is scum theatre, they are definitely not a team. Posting after work
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by davesaz »

Superhans asking for top town like that is very scum behavior. I also see a lot of probing for mislynch candidates.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:28 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 2144, Dunnstral wrote:And you? Where did you get the "Desperado and Dunn are a team" thing
In class so can't quote anything but of my 3 scum, you two have the weirdest interactions. It feels like you guys are talking about eachother but kind of dancing around and not really committing to trying to read eachother.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 2145, Superhans wrote:Ny and Dunnstral, can you see the value in knowing Desperados town reads? If so can you ask on my behalf.
I think that there is value to it, as is knowing the reads of anyone in the game because if they're town, maybe their towniness will reflect in their reads. I don't however see the value of pushing him for it when it's clear he either won't give a response that you find satisfactory, or he's given a response he deems satisfactory. Regardless of his alignment, I think based on his response to you and regfan (unless I'm mistaken in who interacted with who), desperado believes that he's answered your question and I don't believe that anyone else asking will change that.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:35 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 1833, davesaz wrote:Continuing on with looking at votes...
SAJ is on Realeo d1 and it gets to 4. Alisae switched to Desperado - why?
Alisae then goes to AH, starting off in wagon position 5.
D3 something happens that causes Alisae to replace out. Suspicion that it's thinly veiled but tactical
Note: look at what was happening...

nydushermain replaces Alisae and votes Regfan. I thought at the time, surely it would be obvious Regfan is IC, but on further examination the mod did not update the playerlist to indicate confirmed town so this looks more like a greeting. lots of back and forth and then a hammer.

Followup questions -- why did Alisae change the vote to Desperado? What were the circumstances leading up to Alisae replace out?
LOL I don't know if I'm allowed to say this but alisae is active in other games so I'm assuming that he replaced cuz he doesn't like regfan having berated him for self hammering in a game we just played together. I thought he replaced because regfan replaced in. I'm gonna give that a 95% because he seemed invested into the game and randomly dropped out.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:59 pm

Post by grapes »

DAY 3 VC 002

ThinkBig ( 2 ) -
(Desperado, Realeo)
davesaz ( 1 ) -
(Dunnstral)
Desperado ( 1 ) -
(Superhans)

Not Voting ( 4 ) -
(davesaz, ThinkBig, Regfan, nydushermain)

Five to lynch.
(expired on 2017-02-04 21:45:02) remain until deadline.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:00 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 2140, Superhans wrote:Who do you think is town? Y?
Let me help you break the wall
In post 2011, Desperado wrote:
In post 2009, Regfan wrote:You have made no mention of Nydus today and minimal mention of him yesterday.
You have made no real mention of Realeo today at all.
You have very little thoughts on Dunn out in the thread at the moment.
You have limited thoughts on Dave.

The only people I can agree you've elaborated somewhat into today is ThingBig & SuperHans.
Nydus is Alisae and I am the originator of "Alisae wouldn't call me out and push me as traitor as scum."
Realeo has been town the entire game. I haven't wavered on this.
Dunn has been town the entire game. I haven't wavered on this.
Dave is town for the same reason Alisae is.

?????????????????????
Please prefer to read iso than asking :mrgreen:
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:02 pm

Post by Realeo »

My current impression is that Desperado is having a protest action. "You townread ThinkBig for ignoring question? I'm going to ignore question as well. If you scumread me for ignoring question, you have to scumread me for ignoring TB as well."
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:05 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 2149, Desperado wrote:ThinkBig is convinced that me or Hans but not both is scum

Superhans is convinced that me or ThinkBig is scum but not both

Am I really the only person who can see this?
I think it's NAI, as nydus said that lynching TB to a certain degree is a game solver.

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:06 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 2157, Realeo wrote:My current impression is that Desperado is having a protest action. "You townread ThinkBig for ignoring question? I'm going to ignore question as well. If you scumread me for ignoring question, you have to scumread me for ignoring TB as well."
Who is the You in this?
;)
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:14 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 2159, Desperado wrote:
In post 2157, Realeo wrote:My current impression is that Desperado is having a protest action. "You townread ThinkBig for ignoring question? I'm going to ignore question as well. If you scumread me for ignoring question, you have to scumread me for ignoring TB as well."
Who is the You in this?
It's not my hypothetical message so I haven't figured out the you.

Who is this you, Desperado?

Spoiler:
I hope my grammar don't fuk up this one

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:36 pm

Post by Desperado »

Are you saying I said that or...?
;)
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:38 pm

Post by Realeo »

It's a guess.

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:41 pm

Post by Desperado »

oh ok
;)
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:42 pm

Post by Realeo »

How close I am?

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:44 pm

Post by Desperado »

From zero to close, about a -3.
;)
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:10 pm

Post by Regfan »

Mentioned it earlier but I'm growing increasingly more confident in SuperHans being town via his play throughout the day, I think his section where he believed Gamma was still alive and was defending him in , and his reaction to it being revealed in is something unlikely to come from scum given what happened yesterday (Someone that dumbtelled got lynched) and I think as mafia he'd have been fairly aware that Gamma was dead unless there was a last minute target change from his partner. I liked the prodding of Dave in and and also ThingBig in and Dave again in - don't think he outs information like that as a partner. I really found his interaction with Desperado especially in to come across as town. I liked his reaction towards TB contemplating selfhammering in and . Really do find his play throughout this day phase as him attempting to get information and solving this.

So right now I'm moving forward with a solid town circle of [Regfan, Realeo, Nydus, SuperHans].

@Realeo - RE; I don't think Desperado is scum for pushing a 'bad' case on ThingBig, I don't think that push from him is very alignment indicative at all. What I do think makes him more likely to be scum than not is a) His constant refusal to actually evaulte players based on events that have transpired throughout the
entire
game, he's sticking very much to early reads and ignoring a lot of content which has little town motivation and fits scum with static reads. I understand that some players are stubborn and headstrong on "X did Y did therefore X is going to be town" but him not adding to the town read on that player or stating if any posts have troubled him (And him doing this on ~4-5 players) is a huge issue. And b) His play today in regards to Kop makes sense as scum attempting to grab some sort of town credit for defending Kop when the defence wasn't based on a 'town-read' the entire point as that was only mentioned once pre-hammer from him.

@Desperado - Can you at least try and work with me here; elaborate as much as you an as to why you town read Dunnstral as that's your vaguest read.

@Nydus RE; I'd agree with Hans/Desperado not being the scum team, also agree with the Desperado/Dunn scum team being posible. What did you find via Hans/Dunn and are you now going to change your town circle to look at other possibilities? What's your thoughts on SH?

@ThingBig - If you're town here you're going to need to make this game your top priority right now; there's a decent possibility you're getting lynched here today and if not today tomorrow. So if you're town you need to actually provide content and your thought process to actually show it to us.

@Realeo - What's your hesitation re; Nydus being town based around? I need to make sure you can see what I can about him before I die here given you two are my strongest town reads in the game. If you had to take two punts at the exact scum team at the moment what are you at? Also do you agree with SH being town now?

I'll be going over ISOs on ThingBig/Desperado/Dunnstral/Dave throughout the next few hours, I'll see what I can narrow down re; potential scum teams and try and narrow the scum pool down as well, really would like the above questions answered though.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:15 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

@ThingBig - If you're town here you're going to need to make this game your top priority right now; there's a decent possibility you're getting lynched here today and if not today tomorrow. So if you're town you need to actually provide content and your thought process to actually show it to us.
I will. I've been extremely busy this week and am going back to school on Monday.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:17 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

UNVOTE:
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:40 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 2166, Regfan wrote:@Realeo - What's your hesitation re; Nydus being town based around? I need to make sure you can see what I can about him before I die here given you two are my strongest town reads in the game. If you had to take two punts at the exact scum team at the moment what are you at? Also do you agree with SH being town now?
I agree SuperHans being town. Actually, I townread SuperHans earlier than you. You can rest at that.

It just a little bit bother to see how nydus townread TB. It's not a "I scumread you for townreading my scumread." Nydus said that he's still townread TB for your argument. It feels rigid. I want to know a little bit more specific his stand. If his townread at TB is +3 on D3, does "I still townread TB" in D3 means +3 or now goes down to +2. If it's still +3, what makes him decided not to go to +2?

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by Realeo »

If his townread at TB is +3 on D2, does "I still townread TB" in D3 means +3 or now goes down to +2. If it's still +3, what makes him decided not to go to +2?

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:43 pm

Post by Realeo »

My bad vibes at nydus is more to the Devil is in detail.

Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:45 pm

Post by Regfan »

@ThingBig - Understand RL impacts peoples ability to get to the game at certain points but you'll need to make more of an effort to get around to this before Monday then.

@Realeo - Glad we see eye to eye on SuperHans then. I can understand your hesitation on Nydus if it's based around him maintaining his town read on ThinkBig -- I do want to see him elaborate on his thoughts on more of the playerlist then what he has but I still struggle to see him genuinely believing there had to be scum inside the 2 (Like believing they were hard cc's) as scum, I know him from outside of the game and am pretty sure he's town. If it's just a case of you wanting to be more certain he's town that's fine I'm willing to let you entertain that though. Thoughts on the two scum team guess that I asked?
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:52 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 43, Dunnstral wrote:Don't know of a favorite open setup, though I've come to dislike double scum setups. I think I'm 4 for 4 getting nightkilled as third party/scum in those

For roles... I'd like to be an innocent child once, but the type that gets to choose when they reveal, or one that reveals late. Getting revealed at the start is pretty lame and kind of drives people to not contribute

Town or Scum... I dunno. I always feel like I play
really
well as scum but as town it's fun to find someone I connect with and figure out that they're town
I thought the RQS was actually pretty important and it set the stage for a lot of my reads. This was one of the townier responses, particularly the last part.
In post 493, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 492, Alisae wrote:Dunn - I can't read this shit. Gun to my head town?
First things first: I'm voting desperado and if your theory has any validity and he's the traitor I'd have caught on as scum and not been voting him. Granted, I don't know much of your theory anyway.

Second: You realize scum can recruit their traitor: in 491 it seems like you're assuming there's a traitor for sure. Why is that?
This is the other side of the Ali/Dave reads--I don't think Dunnscum would respond this way.
In post 720, Dunnstral wrote:So tb is likely town because the traitor would know who the scum team is and he went rather hard - unless he was bussing but that's pretty risky

Who were the ones saying desperado was a traitor again?
He consistently pushes this narrative the entire day and it informs a lot of his understanding of the gamestate. It reads genuine.
In post 804, Dunnstral wrote:I don't know why people think Ah was bussing TB?

I thought he had good points there and went hard and I wouldn't be surprised if it had led to TB'S lynch. Though I still don't understand why everyone turned on AH
Like here
In post 1092, Dunnstral wrote:By the way, nobody can answer who's scum in tb is town. Nobody is even attempting to find scum. Even if tb is scum there's still another one you know
And here
In post 1146, Dunnstral wrote:I'm glad regfan is getting people off of TB
And here
In post 1301, Dunnstral wrote:The kop thing to me looks less about a dumbtell and more like he was trying to back out of his read that didn't make sense (after getting called out). Also, I think last time I saw him lurking/doing nothing like this he was scum. With that said, he got wagoned super fast/hard so that's a little suspicious, but there's only 2 mafia so it's not cause for concern I guess

I noted that while he was throwing shade on TB there, he's
still
voting gamma which itself isn't a good look as he doesn't seem to care to move his vote to who he's talking about either

I think TB is town, albeit awkward, I think there is scum pushing him; I think Alisae looks bad but I can see that's not happening, davesaz looks worse, and kop looks bad. Desperado's recent posting has me tilting my head and I feel like I should consider superhans more closely for scum

So pretty much everyone is scummy or in my sights
Even though I didn't agree with his conclusions I connected with this post because if I could understand how, if I thought TB was town, everyone looked scummy at this point.
In post 1375, Dunnstral wrote:To be honest, I'm not sure how much I buy kop's claim, this is also the second time today my lynch target has claimed a power role to avoid being lynched so I'm a bit more skeptical

Still, I guess night kills will resolve this as well? So:

VOTE: Davesaz
This is not how I would expect scum to react to Kop's claim.
In post 1401, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1397, Desperado wrote:@ Dunn: That would depend on how much power the scum took. You seem to be assuming that they didn't take away; why is that?
I was responding to what regfan was saying, wasn't assuming what scum would take
In post 1403, Dunnstral wrote:You serious desperado? I say for there to be 3 town prs scum would have had at LEAST 1 power of their own (which is what kop would have been assuming there)

The likely to only be 2 prs was responding to what regfan had said
In post 1407, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1406, Desperado wrote:If Kop is scum he doesn't need to assume anything.
No, I was talking about if he was town there - seeing gamma as goon cop shouldn't cause him concern because the only situation where he 100% can't be goon cop from his point of view is if scum didn't take any powers - which he can't assume. Scum would only need to take 1 power for that to not be a couunterclaim, which isn't unreasonable to assume
This exchange with me felt really town at the time and looks even more so on a reread.
In post 1459, Dunnstral wrote:Actually, I've got thoughts now:

VOTE: Kop

Think gamma having claimed first so not being able to say he blocked there is a pretty good theory, this looks more like scum fakeclaiming with a lowish amount of prs
In post 1312, Kop wrote:VOTE: Davesaz

I don't think Dunstrall is scum on my wagon, regfan is confirmed town, if I had to choose scum on that wagon, Davesaz, Desperado or Superhans, it's within those 3.
Not sure where these thoughts come from, looks like trying to confuse people with his iso rather than figuring things out...

@Kop why don't you think I'd be scum on your wagon? Why is it between Davesaz, Desperado, Superhans?
Of the people who unvoted Kop because of the claim and then revoted because of your arguments in favor of his lynch, this was the least scummy.
;)
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:59 pm

Post by Realeo »

Return to “Completed Open Games”