Open 665 - Friends and Enemies - Game Over! Town Victory!!!

-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Wtf is going on?
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by Alisae »

We're flipping Snowman
GTKAS
| here.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 873, SnarkySnowman wrote:VOTE: Mozamis

Pretty sure I can put fitz in the town pile. This is where I want to be right now.
That's where you have been all game...
But thanks for the mindless tunnell!
You scum or derp town?
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:44 pm

Post by ConManMick »

I'd rather like VOTE: Moz
"As everyone knows there is a special guardian angel for drunkards and lovers"
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:49 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 876, Alisae wrote:We're flipping Snowman
Okie doke

VOTE: Snowdude
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:05 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 878, ConManMick wrote:I'd rather like VOTE: Moz
and thanks for the OMGUS!
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:08 pm

Post by ConManMick »

You what
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:09 pm

Post by ConManMick »

... You're not even voting me
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:14 pm

Post by mozamis »

i voted for you early on, so it feels like that.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by Grendel »

HavingFitz

Spoiler:
I will admit that part of my read is based in gut, but I do have some reasoning outside of that.
In post 568, havingfitz wrote:I was about to unvote you Hawk because of your reaction to the pressure you got yesterday but on closer look....I still find you suspect and your response to my ISO was weak. And too much "honestly" and "sorry" for my liking btw. I also still suspect Ali. And I'm growing suspect of boring lately as well. I was going to say I wasn't a big fan of Empking and Snarky either because of the lack of effort they seem to be putting into this game and then I realized the same thing applied to most of the players in the game. FP...CMM...Moz....LUV. Fcuk. Actually LUV has posted a good bit. Not sure why it feels like he hasn't.
I found is frustration at how little everybody had actually contributed to the game in 568 lined up a bunch at how I was feeling while reading the game. I had like one or two town reads, then bunches of null but could possibly be scum. Nobody else was really echoing this setiment that made me think that Fitz was genuine ei town.

I personally like that he was one of the only people who raised their eyebrows at antihuman. Even if that short suspicion never spanned out to be a scum read.

In general I just felt a real desire to solve the game from Fitz.

Hawk

Spoiler:
His early D1 porformance was underwhelming to say the least.

In regards to his walls, I don’t recall the entirety of them. But the act in of itself is a plus. Most newer players I’ve encounter don’t wall up, rather, break down under pressure! I think that its even less likely for a newer scum player to put so much of their thought processes out for others to view.

Many ways he handled pressure well. Even as he remained a viable counter wagon to Blue blood for the later half of D1. Even after he got out of the hole he was standing in Hawk went on to further question players. Going off of earlier play today I’m pretty sure that Hawk!Scum would have been focused solely on defending himself rather then developing his own reads.

I think the biggest thing bothering me about Hawk is that he is very preachy about mafia theory, (I believe Blue blood brought this up as well), as if he is trying super hard to look credible, and trust worthy. This isn’t nesserly ai in off its self b/c I’ve seen many newer players fall back on this out of insecurity, but in connection with how appeasing he was at certain points. Like when he prefaced his vote on BBT with “sorry dude”.
In post 590, Hawk wrote:
I'm feeling BBT tho. If I'm wrong then I'm sorry BBT but I don't think you should have been so quick to 180 me after being so adamant before.

VOTE: BBT

This puts him to L-3.
Why was he so apologetic towards somebody he expected to flip scum?
Things like that make me a little paranoid of Hawk.

Alisae-

Spoiler:
The thing that stands out most to me about Alisae is his flippant attitude, and posting style. He has been very playful, dynamic, and just downright talkative. Despite getting some heat at various points in the game he has remained unaffected in trajectory, mainly what had my attention in this regard was his interaction with Grey near the start of the game. This is more likely to come from town.

I believe this had been mentioned all ready, but the multiple mentions of masons strikes me as town, b/c mafia would be more tentative to bring something like that up. I don’t necessarily believe that the early reaction test is more likely to come from one alignment then another though.
In post 534, Alisae wrote:I'm convinced BBT v Hawk is TvS. Can't figure out who the scum is in this situation.
So I'ma just sheep this
VOTE: Hawk
In post 583, Alisae wrote:VOTE: BBT
Hawk's walls feel like they are coming from town but also the one thing I really hate about this push is how Hawk was called scummy by BBT for attempting to rebut his case.
Some problems that I did have came about with the BBT vs Hawk yesterday. I really dislike mutually exclusive relationship that Alisae tacked on to the both of them. It’d put Scum!Alisae in a position to jump on the other player once the first flips town. I also thought that Alisae calling BlueBlood “caught scum” was ill fitting when I don’t expressly see BBT looking super scummy there. The flip flop on Hawk to BBT was also bad.

I still don’t understand the Moz, and AH reads. 862 is vague, and lazy reasoning:
In post 862, Alisae wrote:
In post 859, Grendel wrote:Why are you so good for town Moz, and AH?
AH's entrance as good and Moz's tone I like.
It probably because anti has been town reading him the whole game. Because scum apparently don’t care about winning other's trust. :roll:
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Can we get some reads to go with that analysis?
---
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:52 pm

Post by Grendel »

Oh, I'm not voting anybody currently

This looks like a fun vote

VOTE: Snowman

Pre edit- @Grey

In post 812, Grendel wrote:Well, this game isn't moving very fast is it?

Caught up and my initial impressions are.

Lil Uzi Vert, -Grey-, havingfitz,
Hawk,
Alisae, ConManMick, Empking,
SnarkySnowman,
Antihuman, mozamis,

A lot of it is based off of gut, and personal tells.

There are several players whose positioning I can thoroughly justify. I suppose I'll work from there then recheck my gut reads to see if it all still adds up.

I'll have to get as much as I can done rn b/c tomorrow is gonna be hecka busy for me.
My currents reads haven't changed much, most noticeably mozamis is null-scum now instead of primary scum read.

I need to keep going down the roster before I make an 'official' list :P
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by -Grey- »

I was mostly wondering what your recent analysis of Alisae did for your read on him.

Not much, I presume.

I don't get why he has so many votes. The wagon on him feels anti-town as fuck.
---
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:05 pm

Post by ConManMick »

In post 883, mozamis wrote:i voted for you early on, so it feels like that.
That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:48 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 887, -Grey- wrote:I was mostly wondering what your recent analysis of Alisae did for your read on him.

Not much, I presume.

I don't get why he has so many votes. The wagon on him feels anti-town as fuck.
I'm still wary of Alisae in some facets. Enough so that I'm reluctant about introducing him into my town reads.

I will say that there is definitely a divergence between him, and those below him in my reads.

I certainly wouldn't vote for him today.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:03 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Your Snarky vote makes a little more sense, now.
---
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by Grendel »

Con Man Mick

Spoiler:
Pretty uninteresting posting lately, with the exception of the moz vote. Early game was a little bit better. He just seems disinterested and that’s annoying.
In post 715, ConManMick wrote:Righto. If anyone has any objections, speak now or forever hold your peace. I'll give it an hour so y'all can see.
I also don’t know if Conman was policy lynching Blueblood, or legitimately thought he was scum. There were other instances too where I wasn’t sure what Conman was saying, leaving me sratching my head. Like, I felt like what he was saying had ulterior motives or something. Maybe I'm just crazy. :/

I like the town read on Fitz, and Grey tho. I don’t like, but can understand the scum read on my slot. FP is a sad lurker sack.

Empking

Spoiler:
I don’t understand his town read of ConMan. I don’t understand how he had a town read so strong on Blue Blood that he would consider sheeping him, but basically did nothing to defend/vouch for Blueblood once the cards were down. I didn’t like his push of LUV yesterday, but I could understand it. Now tho it seems the read has been dismissed all together, and there was no closure as to why. He is still going back and forth with LUV, but the tertiary scum read doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Overall there just is a bunch of blanks that Empking never really filled out, and I never saw anything that exuded town motives from him.

Something else interesting is it seems that Empking’s might be upping his content. Over day one (two weeks) he had 17 posts, now he already has 9 posts and D2 has only just started. I’m unsure if there is scum motivation behind this yet (it could just by more irl free time or something), but its certainly a noticeable shift in his posting habits.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by Grendel »

@Grey

I probably would have voted Antihuman over snow if Anti wasn't on V/LA.

Not much point in voting somebody if they aren't around to engage me.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:23 pm

Post by Alisae »

Why Snowman over Moz then?
GTKAS
| here.
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by ConManMick »

Grendel wrote:
Con Man Mick

Spoiler:
Pretty uninteresting posting lately, with the exception of the moz vote. Early game was a little bit better. He just seems disinterested and that’s annoying.
In post 715, ConManMick wrote:Righto. If anyone has any objections, speak now or forever hold your peace. I'll give it an hour so y'all can see.
I also don’t know if Conman was policy lynching Blueblood, or legitimately thought he was scum. There were other instances too where I wasn’t sure what Conman was saying, leaving me sratching my head. Like, I felt like what he was saying had ulterior motives or something. Maybe I'm just crazy. :/

I like the town read on Fitz, and Grey tho. I don’t like, but can understand the scum read on my slot. FP is a sad lurker sack.

Empking

Spoiler:
I don’t understand his town read of ConMan. I don’t understand how he had a town read so strong on Blue Blood that he would consider sheeping him, but basically did nothing to defend/vouch for Blueblood once the cards were down. I didn’t like his push of LUV yesterday, but I could understand it. Now tho it seems the read has been dismissed all together, and there was no closure as to why. He is still going back and forth with LUV, but the tertiary scum read doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Overall there just is a bunch of blanks that Empking never really filled out, and I never saw anything that exuded town motives from him.

Something else interesting is it seems that Empking’s might be upping his content. Over day one (two weeks) he had 17 posts, now he already has 9 posts and D2 has only just started. I’m unsure if there is scum motivation behind this yet (it could just by more irl free time or something), but its certainly a noticeable shift in his posting habits.
[
With regards to lynching BBT, you'll see I was pushing him to actually do something up until this:
quote="In post 714, BlueBloodedToffee"]It's funny how Moz 180d on me. Scum.

CMM, I'm done with this game. I'm now lynch bait - if I don't get lynched now I 100% get lynched in another Day or Two and I'm not putting energy into a game where I can already see what is going to happen.[/quote]

At this point, there's no interest from him to actually continue playing, and he's right, he'd just be lynch bait, so his slot had become, essentially, negative utility and thus I was no longer opposed to lynching this. Essentially, leaving BBT in the game would be obstructing town so I got on the wagon.
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:36 pm

Post by ConManMick »

Oh for fucks sake.
@mod, any chance you could tidy those brackets above to make that a little more legible, please?
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:44 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Snowman is town.
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:45 pm

Post by ConManMick »

Like can we all just quickly acknowledge this horseshit and lynch it:
mozamis wrote:
In post 878, ConManMick wrote:I'd rather like VOTE: Moz
and thanks for the OMGUS!
I mean, let's take a look at my ISO...:
In post 469, ConManMick wrote:Townwise I'm liking
BBT- play reminds me of old games we had together. Entrance looks good.
Anti - very strong entrance
-Grey- - my vote here was RVS of the best kind, pressure on the slot. I'm glad this wasn't lynched while I was gone because grey took the pressure like a champ and I'm fairly confident in this being town now.
On the question of scum
Moz, Fancy Pants, Alisae would be my reads, Alisae being more of a lean, the others I can see a bit more easily.
In post 472, ConManMick wrote:Moz's play seems very insincere to me, I'll try pin point why so that this is a little less airy fairy.
In the Anti vs. Fancy majig that went down a while back, it seems like Anti made solid points, whilst fancy's counter arguments were reaching. I didn't like it.
In post 676, ConManMick wrote:
In post 231, mozamis wrote:
In post 188, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:where is fitz 'genuinely' scum hunting?
yeah, havent seen anything massively town yet fromFitz.
Touching on my earlier comments re: Moz - this seemed kind of opportunistic. I had been reading fitz as town, so I guess that sort of tripped me up. His early posts are very much filler, and there's something very buddy-buddy about the style that rankles me. I could lynch this. I'm going to read read fitz too, see if I still stand in the same place on it.
In post 681, ConManMick wrote:I'll take
VOTE: Mozamis
In post 754, ConManMick wrote:Fancy slot and Moz potentially scum. Fitz and hawk I see town. The others nothing jumps out right now
Like if you'd called me out on tunnelling then yeah, guilty as charged, but OMGUS? and by your justification I could call your vote on me OMGUS you're full of beans sir.
Lynch this nonsense
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:45 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 896, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Snowman is town.
Because?
GTKAS
| here.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:48 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 898, Alisae wrote:
In post 896, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Snowman is town.
Because?
Not important right now.

Continuing to sort you and King is more important right now.

Return to “Completed Open Games”