Open 665 - Friends and Enemies - Game Over! Town Victory!!!

Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:26 am

Post by Grendel »

Hi, I'm in class right now.

I subbed in for somebody, no idea who lol.

I'll catch up tonight!
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:29 am

Post by Grendel »

omg, i subbed in for fancy pants... thats funny.

I've subbed into Fancy's slot two games in a row!
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:46 pm

Post by Grendel »

Reading now.

Hopefully I'll get caught up tonight! (I probably won't)
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:19 pm

Post by Grendel »

Well, this game isn't moving very fast is it?

Caught up and my initial impressions are.

Lil Uzi Vert, -Grey-, havingfitz,
Hawk,
Alisae, ConManMick, Empking,
SnarkySnowman,
Antihuman, mozamis,

A lot of it is based off of gut, and personal tells.

There are several players whose positioning I can thoroughly justify. I suppose I'll work from there then recheck my gut reads to see if it all still adds up.

I'll have to get as much as I can done rn b/c tomorrow is gonna be hecka busy for me.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 799, tojam2 wrote:
To clarify, Grendel has replaced FancyPants and Empking has been prodded.
THe apathy I feel in this game is stifling
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:01 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 817, Empking wrote:
In post 814, Grendel wrote:
In post 799, tojam2 wrote:
To clarify, Grendel has replaced FancyPants and Empking has been prodded.
THe apathy I feel in this game is stifling
I as prodded within pretty much 24 hours of the flip when my internet was down. I'm not apathetic.
Seeing that less then two pages were generated in a two day period, since this day started. That left a bad taste in my mouth.
----

I think I'll start will my town reads first. They are easier to explain, and I'm more inclined to believe my town reads here then my scum reads.

Pre-edit
-Grey- wrote:I'll focus more on this game in the not too distant future.

I have a lot going on right this second.
Can you give a specific date?

I'd prob like to talk with you when I get the chance.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by Grendel »

LUV

shamefully I have to admit that this read has connection with meta. In a precious game Scum!LUV played very nervously, trying to stay out of the lime light. He spent more time writing lengthy catch up posts then actually interacting with anybody. This game he has been the polar opposite, clearly making stances, accusations, keeping himself in regular communication with others. He even seems completely at home with himself here, not nearly as guarded as my pervious experience with him.

My last game with him was... only a little over a month ago. I don't think that LUV could grow that much as a scum player in that time. If LUV were scum here I'd be floored.

If I need to pull up a post by post comparison to show the major playsytle differences then I will.

-Grey-

Going back to the start of game, the level at which he shut down Alisae's arguments, and the confidence that he had in his initial push felt genuine and off the cuff. In a sense that he genuinely thought that he caught scum.

I also thought his conversation with boring was incredibly town like. He want very interrogative, and discerning in his questioning her thought processes. I see no reason for scum to go out of their way to aggressively interact with a town read to get their head more into the game. Its more likely that Mafia!Grey would just let boring believe whatever, and focus in on his scum reads. Really, being aggesive towards somebody while not scum reading them is much likely to come town.

I also don't see the scum motivation for fake hammering in the situation he did. In fact I'd say that Blue blood would have been lynched several pages earlier then he had if Grey didn't fake hammer. Grey really didn't have a reason to extend the day as scum, nor would giving Blue blood an opportunity to defend himself make a lot of sense as a scum ploy. Its not like riding BlueBlood would have had major consequences considering what a wet blanket BBT was being.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:52 pm

Post by Grendel »

I wanted to go through Fitz and Hawk too, but it seems I've expended all of my available time tonight :(

See you guys Friday.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:21 pm

Post by Grendel »

I'm sleep deprived but decided to stop in and say hello anyway
In post 829, Alisae wrote:Actually Grendal, why are you explaining why you're townreading people?
I like to explain all my reads when I can, and I decided to start where I feel strongest.

What's the prob bob?
Hawk wrote:@Fitz what do you think of Grendel's catchup?

@Grendel while I would like to hear more about why you are Town leaning people would you do me a favor and Explain why you dislike Anti?
I haven't exactly finished explaining things. Only dropped a reads list, and expounded on some trs.

Also, Patience is a virtue. ;)

I'm guessing your still positive Antihume is town? ANy new reasons, or are they the same ones you had when you were walling?
Alisae wrote:also
UNVOTE:

Townbloc this game is probably Mick, Moz, Grey, AH, Fitz, Uzi.
Why are you so good for town Moz, and AH?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by Grendel »

HavingFitz

Spoiler:
I will admit that part of my read is based in gut, but I do have some reasoning outside of that.
In post 568, havingfitz wrote:I was about to unvote you Hawk because of your reaction to the pressure you got yesterday but on closer look....I still find you suspect and your response to my ISO was weak. And too much "honestly" and "sorry" for my liking btw. I also still suspect Ali. And I'm growing suspect of boring lately as well. I was going to say I wasn't a big fan of Empking and Snarky either because of the lack of effort they seem to be putting into this game and then I realized the same thing applied to most of the players in the game. FP...CMM...Moz....LUV. Fcuk. Actually LUV has posted a good bit. Not sure why it feels like he hasn't.
I found is frustration at how little everybody had actually contributed to the game in 568 lined up a bunch at how I was feeling while reading the game. I had like one or two town reads, then bunches of null but could possibly be scum. Nobody else was really echoing this setiment that made me think that Fitz was genuine ei town.

I personally like that he was one of the only people who raised their eyebrows at antihuman. Even if that short suspicion never spanned out to be a scum read.

In general I just felt a real desire to solve the game from Fitz.

Hawk

Spoiler:
His early D1 porformance was underwhelming to say the least.

In regards to his walls, I don’t recall the entirety of them. But the act in of itself is a plus. Most newer players I’ve encounter don’t wall up, rather, break down under pressure! I think that its even less likely for a newer scum player to put so much of their thought processes out for others to view.

Many ways he handled pressure well. Even as he remained a viable counter wagon to Blue blood for the later half of D1. Even after he got out of the hole he was standing in Hawk went on to further question players. Going off of earlier play today I’m pretty sure that Hawk!Scum would have been focused solely on defending himself rather then developing his own reads.

I think the biggest thing bothering me about Hawk is that he is very preachy about mafia theory, (I believe Blue blood brought this up as well), as if he is trying super hard to look credible, and trust worthy. This isn’t nesserly ai in off its self b/c I’ve seen many newer players fall back on this out of insecurity, but in connection with how appeasing he was at certain points. Like when he prefaced his vote on BBT with “sorry dude”.
In post 590, Hawk wrote:
I'm feeling BBT tho. If I'm wrong then I'm sorry BBT but I don't think you should have been so quick to 180 me after being so adamant before.

VOTE: BBT

This puts him to L-3.
Why was he so apologetic towards somebody he expected to flip scum?
Things like that make me a little paranoid of Hawk.

Alisae-

Spoiler:
The thing that stands out most to me about Alisae is his flippant attitude, and posting style. He has been very playful, dynamic, and just downright talkative. Despite getting some heat at various points in the game he has remained unaffected in trajectory, mainly what had my attention in this regard was his interaction with Grey near the start of the game. This is more likely to come from town.

I believe this had been mentioned all ready, but the multiple mentions of masons strikes me as town, b/c mafia would be more tentative to bring something like that up. I don’t necessarily believe that the early reaction test is more likely to come from one alignment then another though.
In post 534, Alisae wrote:I'm convinced BBT v Hawk is TvS. Can't figure out who the scum is in this situation.
So I'ma just sheep this
VOTE: Hawk
In post 583, Alisae wrote:VOTE: BBT
Hawk's walls feel like they are coming from town but also the one thing I really hate about this push is how Hawk was called scummy by BBT for attempting to rebut his case.
Some problems that I did have came about with the BBT vs Hawk yesterday. I really dislike mutually exclusive relationship that Alisae tacked on to the both of them. It’d put Scum!Alisae in a position to jump on the other player once the first flips town. I also thought that Alisae calling BlueBlood “caught scum” was ill fitting when I don’t expressly see BBT looking super scummy there. The flip flop on Hawk to BBT was also bad.

I still don’t understand the Moz, and AH reads. 862 is vague, and lazy reasoning:
In post 862, Alisae wrote:
In post 859, Grendel wrote:Why are you so good for town Moz, and AH?
AH's entrance as good and Moz's tone I like.
It probably because anti has been town reading him the whole game. Because scum apparently don’t care about winning other's trust. :roll:
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:52 pm

Post by Grendel »

Oh, I'm not voting anybody currently

This looks like a fun vote

VOTE: Snowman

Pre edit- @Grey

In post 812, Grendel wrote:Well, this game isn't moving very fast is it?

Caught up and my initial impressions are.

Lil Uzi Vert, -Grey-, havingfitz,
Hawk,
Alisae, ConManMick, Empking,
SnarkySnowman,
Antihuman, mozamis,

A lot of it is based off of gut, and personal tells.

There are several players whose positioning I can thoroughly justify. I suppose I'll work from there then recheck my gut reads to see if it all still adds up.

I'll have to get as much as I can done rn b/c tomorrow is gonna be hecka busy for me.
My currents reads haven't changed much, most noticeably mozamis is null-scum now instead of primary scum read.

I need to keep going down the roster before I make an 'official' list :P
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:48 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 887, -Grey- wrote:I was mostly wondering what your recent analysis of Alisae did for your read on him.

Not much, I presume.

I don't get why he has so many votes. The wagon on him feels anti-town as fuck.
I'm still wary of Alisae in some facets. Enough so that I'm reluctant about introducing him into my town reads.

I will say that there is definitely a divergence between him, and those below him in my reads.

I certainly wouldn't vote for him today.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by Grendel »

Con Man Mick

Spoiler:
Pretty uninteresting posting lately, with the exception of the moz vote. Early game was a little bit better. He just seems disinterested and that’s annoying.
In post 715, ConManMick wrote:Righto. If anyone has any objections, speak now or forever hold your peace. I'll give it an hour so y'all can see.
I also don’t know if Conman was policy lynching Blueblood, or legitimately thought he was scum. There were other instances too where I wasn’t sure what Conman was saying, leaving me sratching my head. Like, I felt like what he was saying had ulterior motives or something. Maybe I'm just crazy. :/

I like the town read on Fitz, and Grey tho. I don’t like, but can understand the scum read on my slot. FP is a sad lurker sack.

Empking

Spoiler:
I don’t understand his town read of ConMan. I don’t understand how he had a town read so strong on Blue Blood that he would consider sheeping him, but basically did nothing to defend/vouch for Blueblood once the cards were down. I didn’t like his push of LUV yesterday, but I could understand it. Now tho it seems the read has been dismissed all together, and there was no closure as to why. He is still going back and forth with LUV, but the tertiary scum read doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Overall there just is a bunch of blanks that Empking never really filled out, and I never saw anything that exuded town motives from him.

Something else interesting is it seems that Empking’s might be upping his content. Over day one (two weeks) he had 17 posts, now he already has 9 posts and D2 has only just started. I’m unsure if there is scum motivation behind this yet (it could just by more irl free time or something), but its certainly a noticeable shift in his posting habits.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by Grendel »

@Grey

I probably would have voted Antihuman over snow if Anti wasn't on V/LA.

Not much point in voting somebody if they aren't around to engage me.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by Grendel »

Alisae wrote:Why Snowman over Moz then?
Wagon composition.

I'd rather be on a wagon started by you, and supported by -Grey-, then the wagon with one scummy snow flake, and a null!Mick.
ConManMick wrote:
[
With regards to lynching BBT, you'll see I was pushing him to actually do something up until this:
quote="In post 714, BlueBloodedToffee"]It's funny how Moz 180d on me. Scum.

CMM, I'm done with this game. I'm now lynch bait - if I don't get lynched now I 100% get lynched in another Day or Two and I'm not putting energy into a game where I can already see what is going to happen.[/quote]

At this point, there's no interest from him to actually continue playing, and he's right, he'd just be lynch bait, so his slot had become, essentially, negative utility and thus I was no longer opposed to lynching this. Essentially, leaving BBT in the game would be obstructing town so I got on the wagon.[/quote]

Maybe its a personality thing. There have been times where some of my strongest trs were utterly complacent at the prospect of being lynched. I still hard defended them, and in most instances that I actually save them they quit their defeatist attitude the next day. I don't know Blue blood well enough to know if he truly would have kept being useless out of spite. If so then that's pretty sad.

Spoiler:
In post 675, ConManMick wrote:
In post 669, Hawk wrote:
In post 666, ConManMick wrote:Having played with BBT before I can see this reaction coming from him as town

Holy shit where did you come from!!

But seriously please weigh in here. Also Meta is NAI.... sulking after this scenario is easily done by town and scum....

How do you feel about BBT before this?
What's your reads look like?

I have like 1000 questions but just start posting content please CMM
In terms of BBT, I liked his play this far. It reminded me of a game we played ages ago, I think it was an ice and fire multiball, or else a game I was in at the same time, I'll have to have a look. His style is aggressive tunnelling, IMO. I have a good feeling about him and would not lynch that slot today. I also played with him as my partner in my first ever scum game so I'll check out our old PT and that game, see if anything looks familiar.
To address my absence, I've been travelling a lot and splitting my attention when I can across several things. I'll try sort this out. I know someone had a question for me a few pages back but I can't see it, if they'd care to throw that back to me I'll get on it. Give me a bit and I'll do ye one better with an aul reads list.
In post 666, ConManMick wrote:Having played with BBT before I can see this reaction coming from him as town
In post 469, ConManMick wrote:Townwise I'm liking
BBT- play reminds me of old games we had together. Entrance looks good.
In post 706, ConManMick wrote:BBT do me a favour, view your old posts, find Elemental mafia (open 595), read your own ISO and try to bring some of that energy here

These are nice and all, but they didn't convince anyone. And unless I missed it you didn't really step beyond saying that you think BBT was town, or that Blood blue needs to do more. That kind of thing doesn't exactly unravel wagons. Usually it takes some 1v1 with the leaders rallying the lynch.

Pre-edit

???
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:03 pm

Post by Grendel »

I basically said that I liked my town reads more then my scum reads several times now.

When I'm in a position like that I'm more likely to reference on my town reads opinions while voting then just my own.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (isolation #16) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:07 pm

Post by Grendel »

Well, Grey mainly.

But you're pretty cool too Alisae!
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (isolation #17) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:13 pm

Post by Grendel »

Its "Grendel", the least you can do is spell my name right.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (isolation #18) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:55 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 915, Alisae wrote:What wierds me out is that he feels like he needed to explain said reads.
Not to mention I need to see him start scumhunting cuz he's hiding behind me and you to lynch scum.
tbh I hate it when people don't explain their reads. Most ppl who don't are less transparent for me and therefore harder to sort.

I planed on scum hunting once I got a better look at everybody.

Why does weird=scum?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (isolation #19) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:44 pm

Post by Grendel »

Mozamis

Spoiler:
When I first started reading I originally disliked the low content posting. A majority of their first some… twenty posts over the span of the first eight pages seemed pointless, and or scummy. All of which gave me a strong gut scum read that I believe stuck with me while I read the rest of the game.
In post 395, mozamis wrote:@ Ali - why are you talking about the masons? I don't think it's a great idea.
In post 60, mozamis wrote:not really loving the mason spec, it's not helpful.
These in particular from the early posts sounded like something scum would say to look town. Wagging ones finger at inappropriate anti-town behavior is an easy thing to do.
In post 696, mozamis wrote:
In post 534, Alisae wrote:I'm convinced BBT v Hawk is TvS. Can't figure out who the scum is in this situation.
So I'ma just sheep this
VOTE: Hawk
This is scummy as fuck.
"Lets give the hawk wagon real momentum and pretend its just derp!".
No. Opportunistic.
VOTE ALISAE
One of the reasons that I pulled back a bit in my scum read was due to seeing Mozamis's thought processes over lap with mine. It paralleled my thoughts so hard I sort of had to do a double take.
In post 704, mozamis wrote:
In post 587, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:VOTE: Moz

Hawk can be town now.
Where the fuck has this come from?
This really looks like deflection. "Hey, a lot of people seem to think Hawk is town now, so can i just blend in, and maybe vote Moz who alot of people have vague scum leans?"
Yeah I can see how your wagon got momentum.
I think that the change here, ironically enough, is really bad. Blue Blood goes from town read to scum, for 180ing on his Hawk read, and I guess voting Moz. What's worse is that Moz didn't actually commit any of this with a vote. Giving peace meal statements about how scummy BBT is when Moz opted to no vote into EoD is non-comitial.

Later during/near twilight Mozamis posting become very contentless again, despite feeling today that Alisae's posting was "worrisome" at that point. Its bad because that doesn't seem like something Moz sees in retrospect because he was already scum reading Alisae.

Antihuman

Spoiler:
A bit of a gut read that spawned due to having read most of his posts but still not really feeling anything beyond null on his slot. Antihuman seems to me like a strong analytical player that would be able to fake good read progression as scum.

An experienced logical player can usually fake the same level of critical thinking ability as scum, as town. Likewise, an illogical player will always be illogical despite their alignment. So to judge an experienced player solely by the logical arguments their producing is not smart.

I should also point out that Antihuman went through this game with little pressure getting up against him. I saw nothing that inclined me to believe that he was so Obtown as that he should be untouchable. I think that its more likely that Anthumani!scum went through the day checking all the required boxes to appear town, and Therefore flew under everyone’s radar.

Pre- edit

Wait, whats happening now?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (isolation #20) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:46 pm

Post by Grendel »

UNVOTE:

This has been a vexing game.

I need time to think.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (isolation #21) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Grendel »

@Alisae
In post 853, Alisae wrote:I'm okay with becoming a Lynch All Liars PL if people are still holding that page 1 reaction test against me.
I actaully thought you
were a mason
trying to wifom here.

You're saying that this was where you were trying to tell Grey that you weren't a mason?

It wouldn't surprise me if he skipped over it tbh. If he thought you were a mason then he was probably panicking to save you skin, and not paying much attention to what you were saying.

If he were scum Grey why would he bother defending you at all when he could just stand by and whach you get lynched?
In post 925, -Grey- wrote:Oh?

Well, that certainly explains the wagon. And it destroys every reason I was townreading you.

All in one fell swoop.

VOTE: Alisae
I'm inclined to think that Grey felt legitimate;ly duped once he saw that you weren't a mason and is back tracking away from you reflexively for it.

Like town feeling betrayed.

Pre edit

You guys need to make up. I think you both town.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by Grendel »

THis painful to watch because it reminds me of almost all my games with GammaEmerald. Where I inevitably think that, "Town!Gamma knows better then to do x, y, and z". Because for a long time I had unrealistic expectations for what Gamma could and couldn't perceive about me, and the game state. Because I thought I knew more about him then he knew about me, and this in assurance that wasn't actually _real_ made me stretch to find evidence that wasn't there!

THis looks like the same thing here! The two of you think that due to previous games you know what each other is thinking/doing, but the premise, assumptions, you both are making about each other are dictating other wise. As I can see many realistic scenarios were you are both town rn, but you both simply won't see eye to eye!
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:46 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 938, -Grey- wrote:
In post 937, Grendel wrote:You guys need to make up. I think you both town.
Seriously?

How can you VT read his d1?
You mean his reaction teast, plus all the time he referenced masons?

I don't think its good play by an means, but I don't think that I understand how he as Scum!Aliase is more likely to do that then town. AS it does not represent good preservation. Right now I'm thinking, "Why would Aliase box himself in so prematurely?"

I don't think that he'd view outing a mason as worth it, nor do I think he'd assume that all would think he is too brazen to be scum.

Pre-edit
-Grey- wrote:Um, my read isn't based off meta.

It's based off "that shit don't make sense coming from a VT"
I recognize that is what you're saying, but between the lines I'm seeing:
"that shit don't make sense coming from a VT!Alisae"
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (isolation #24) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:35 am

Post by Grendel »

@Alisae, LUV, other ppl town reading Mozamis

Why are you town reading Moz?
Alisae wrote: Here is why: Grey attempts to buddy the "mason", makes no attempt to figure out what he missed, sheeps the "mason", and then 180s the "mason"
Seriously, if Grey was town he would have actually payed attention to when I said I wasn't a mason.
I don't see any town motivation behind his actions.
Is Grey just _shockingly_ less observant as mafia then he is as town? Do you really think that Town!Grey is more likely to pick up on things you're saying then Scum!Grey?

Imo, most players are as observant as one alignment as another. I'm pretty sure you're just seeing what you want to see and not what's there.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (isolation #25) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:40 am

Post by Grendel »

LUV

Where do you stand on Empking, and Aliase currently?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (isolation #26) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:37 pm

Post by Grendel »

Alisae
, why aren't you working with me here?

I asked you to explain your read on Moz, but you're just homing in on Grey.

I'm telling you that your case on him is bad, and that you should not waste time on this.

@Grey
-Grey- wrote:
In post 944, Grendel wrote:Is Grey just _shockingly_ less observant as mafia then he is as town? Do you really think that Town!Grey is more likely to pick up on things you're saying then Scum!Grey?

Imo, most players are as observant as one alignment as another. I'm pretty sure you're just seeing what you want to see and not what's there.
Dude, it's not even that.

I DID read the post Ali pointed out, and we BOTH stated my take on that post.

He's fabricating his read on a lie about what I was doing.

Why would town make that kind of assumption instead of ask my opinion of the post before going all ham?
I don't nesserly understand why he'd do that as either alignment. He looked liked he was too excited and off is rear.
In post 936, -Grey- wrote:
In post 853, Alisae wrote:I'm okay with becoming a Lynch All Liars PL if people are still holding that page 1 reaction test against me.
A Mason could easily say this to fish for Scum to vote them because they know they'll never actually be lynched.

Fucking duh.

Quit assuming that I'm not reading simply because you don't know my thoughts.
I see now, you did read it, but interpreted it differently.

Why would scum!Alisae assume what you are going to do/act where as town!Alisae wouldn't, or not to this extent?

I don't find Alisae's actions very typical for scum these last few pages. By outing that he is not infact a mason he would lost you as a shield. Wouldn't be able to incriminate you tomorrow in the event he was lynched. Plus by directly fighting you he would be willfully increasing your scum read vs playing it off, and or deflecting. All while being dangerously close to being lynched.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (isolation #27) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:44 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 948, mozamis wrote:grendel prob town
wrong, but prob town. faking that sort of shit as scum is hard.
Outside of my read for you specifically what do you feel is wrong with my reads?

Are the reads you've been hold apply retroactively?

Ei, same reads as last time.
Alisae wrote:also TRing Moz cuz I like their tone.
Insightful... :/
Alisae wrote:Oh you asked me things. Didn't see it cuz #walls.
In post 937, Grendel wrote:You're saying that this was where you were trying to tell Grey that you weren't a mason?

It wouldn't surprise me if he skipped over it tbh. If he thought you were a mason then he was probably panicking to save you skin, and not paying much attention to what you were saying.

If he were scum Grey why would he bother defending you at all when he could just stand by and whach you get lynched?
A. It was moreso I was confirming about lieing about being a mason.
B. Cuz he thought I was a mason.
Oh yeah, he would want to get on your good side if you thought you were a mason. Scratch that question.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (isolation #28) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 947, Empking wrote:
Grendel: Its mainly conincidince - as my posting over the last days testifies - and wrt BBT he self-imploded in a really ugly way as soon as he was wagoned, and I was only willing to sheep based on the logic-using rather than a big town-read.
You and Mick may be right about BBT.

I just had previous experiences where players that had "given up" were actually still salvageable. But I wasn't taking into consideration the meta of this site, and BBt himself.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (isolation #29) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by Grendel »

@Alisae

Didn't you yourself say that you're used to -Grey- scum reading you?

Well, that certainly explains the wagon. And it destroys every reason I was townreading you.

All in one fell swoop.

Why can't this come from angry town that thinks you tricked him into hard defending you?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (isolation #30) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:09 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 959, Alisae wrote:They can't be town if they're scum ;)

in all seriousness, that is completely bullshit if you're getting an angry tone from that post. I do not see anything in that posts that indicates as angry lmao.
I was distinctly getting a "how dare you", plus a hint of smug, "I should've known" from that post lol.
-Grey- wrote:
In post 953, Grendel wrote:Why would scum!Alisae assume what you are going to do/act where as town!Alisae wouldn't, or not to this extent?
Why would town push a case on bad assumptions instead of seeking clarity on questionable points?
I'm sorry, but your scum reading based off a surface level observation.

Town do stupid things, as do mafia.

In this instance I'm not seeing scum motivation where he voted you when he did. Unless he wanted to condemn himself.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (isolation #31) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:38 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 946, Hawk wrote:I like a lot of Grendel's reads and explanations. While I don't think he's really scumhunting yet he's at least being more contributiversatile than some other players.
Thanks for the general endorsement with no commentary on my alignment.
I like ff tactics too man! Its a classic tactical rpg! :) :) :)
----

I'm good with a Moz vote, but first I'd like to interact more with that slot.

I also might need to talk more with you too, b/c you've given me an itch I can't scratch.

Pre-edit
Alisae wrote:
In post 964, Grendel wrote:I was distinctly getting a "how dare you", plus a hint of smug, "I should've known" from that post lol.
And I'm not. That's one hell of a reach there mister.

New townbloc: Fitz, Uzi, Moz, Snowman, Empking, Hawk, AH
Scumbloc: Mick, Grey, Grendel.
Grey doesn't seem like an ALL CAPS poster when he his mad. How is it a reach?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (isolation #32) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:43 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 971, Alisae wrote:
In post 970, Grendel wrote:Grey doesn't seem like an ALL CAPS poster when he his mad. How is it a reach?
Where the fuck do you see all caps mister?
I could run a list off of players that post in lots of caps to show their emotions.

You _can't_ be saying that ppl don't do that. RIght?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (isolation #33) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:24 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 974, Alisae wrote:
In post 973, Grendel wrote:
In post 971, Alisae wrote:
In post 970, Grendel wrote:Grey doesn't seem like an ALL CAPS poster when he his mad. How is it a reach?
Where the fuck do you see all caps mister?
I could run a list off of players that post in lots of caps to show their emotions.

You _can't_ be saying that ppl don't do that. RIght?
No, where do you see caps in Grey's post?
That's not what I'm saying at all. I said that Grey doesn't seem like he conveys anger through all caps, and there are no caps in the post in question.

How am I saying that he was posting in caps there by any facet?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (isolation #34) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:43 am

Post by Grendel »

@ Grey

So you thought that Alisae was a mason since D1 correct?

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/
Alisae wrote:Oh I get what you are saying then.
Sorry, you confused me.
What makes you think hes conveying anger then?
Okay so

All in one fell swoop.

The red portion looked like Grey had a "how dare you" moment, and the Green looked like a smug, "I should have known".
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (isolation #35) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:57 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 982, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
Talk to me a bit more about your read on Grendal. I've seen him play like this as scum but that was way back. My first Newbie I believe where I was really bad at the game.
I open most the games I sub into with wall posts. So while there are parallels to the newbie game where I was scum, you'd find all the same parallels in the games I subbed into as town.

Not to mention that I took as long as possible to get caught up vs here where I got caught up in like two days.
Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 944, Grendel wrote:
@Alisae, LUV, other ppl town reading Mozamis

Why are you town reading Moz?
Alisae wrote: Here is why: Grey attempts to buddy the "mason", makes no attempt to figure out what he missed, sheeps the "mason", and then 180s the "mason"
Seriously, if Grey was town he would have actually payed attention to when I said I wasn't a mason.
I don't see any town motivation behind his actions.
Is Grey just _shockingly_ less observant as mafia then he is as town? Do you really think that Town!Grey is more likely to pick up on things you're saying then Scum!Grey?

Moz is town because of his tone, his reads, and just how he's been playing. Not a hint of malice or wrongful intentions in his tone and his reads are not only clear to follow as well as logical, they're explained in a very similar fashion in another game I was in with him where he was town. A lot of the questions he's asked don't feel like busywork ones and I doubt scum!Moz would go back and analyze what was essentially a policy lynch wagon just to push Fitz.
I'm not sure metaing somebody based off of one game is a good idea for a strong read.

Which questions do you think are _that_ good that Moz posed?

I don't understand why Moz wouldn't push Fritz over a policy wagon. It just seems like something Moz could do as ethier, and I don't understand as to why that's Ai for you. Can you explain?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (isolation #36) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:39 pm

Post by Grendel »

Why is everybody misspelling my name?

Its "Grendel", really not that hard.

@Moz That was the conclusion that most those on the wagon decided it was. I can't say I disagree, b/c BBT looked pretty town going down. Just being useless town.

I don't think you answered this yet:
In post 956, Grendel wrote:
In post 948, mozamis wrote:grendel prob town
wrong, but prob town. faking that sort of shit as scum is hard.
Outside of my read for you specifically what do you feel is wrong with my reads?

Are the reads you've been hold apply retroactively?

Ei, same reads as last time.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (isolation #37) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:02 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 1003, Hawk wrote:
I think Grey vs Ali is TvS not sure which way.
If you sincerely believe that there is scum between Grey/ Alisae... its Alisae.

Consider this. Yesterday Grey got his town read on Alisae because he thought Ali was a mason. That means that in a scum!Grey universe he would have chose to
not
kill his top mason suspect last night. From my pov Grey simply can't be mafia, or if he is then he is illogical beyond anything I could have expected.

I personally am still open to the idea of it being TvsT, though not to the extent that I thought it was several pages ago.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (isolation #38) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:08 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 994, mozamis wrote:@ gren - you whacked me on your scum list or null scum list, whatever, so obviously i didnt like that.
I wanted to know what your views on my other reads were. I specifically said to not bother reverbing my read on yourself, as I didn't expect anything meanful from it.:/

Are you not reading my posts?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (isolation #39) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:08 am

Post by Grendel »

VOTE: Mozamis
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (isolation #40) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:46 pm

Post by Grendel »

:/

that's Disappointing.

@Fitz

Can I talk to you?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (isolation #41) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1029, havingfitz wrote:
In post 1023, Grendel wrote:@Fitz

Can I talk to you?
Why me? Sure.
I should have written it down in my notes, b/c I don't remember what I wanted to ask you.

uhh.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (isolation #42) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:11 am

Post by Grendel »

So math blade subbed into Grey's slot? Darn, I would have enjoyed playing with them. :(

Good luck peeps!
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Yo Mod,

Link me the dead thread!!!
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1928 (isolation #43) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:19 pm

Post by Grendel »

Oh it looks like this game is over!

Town won right?

Last time I checked Gigabyte was slaying this game.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1929 (isolation #44) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:27 pm

Post by Grendel »

@Giga

Funnily enough I have always wanted to spectate a game or two of yours, but never got around to it.

I think it was your name in all honesty, "Gigabyte Troubadour" looks like the name of a interesting player. :P
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1932 (isolation #45) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:35 pm

Post by Grendel »

Its probably a good thing I was night killed tbh.

I may have had Moz as a hard scum read, and empking as a secondary scum read, but I don't think I'd have been have been willing lynch math/Grey's slot.

Plus I wasn't a mason lol.

@Scum lordz

Why'd u kill me.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1954 (isolation #46) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:38 am

Post by Grendel »

@Tojam

Still can't see the scum PT :(
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1956 (isolation #47) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:17 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1936, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 1929, Grendel wrote:@Giga

Funnily enough I have always wanted to spectate a game or two of yours, but never got around to it.

I think it was your name in all honesty, "Gigabyte Troubadour" looks like the name of a interesting player. :P
In post 1930, -Grey- wrote:She's awesome.
In post 1931, Aristophanes wrote:I absolutely agree!
:oops:

aaaaahh!! ty guys <3

grendel i feel the same way about you actually :P

seriously getting nk'd here is a rly good sign about your skill imo

although now that i mention it i'm surprised math didnt game your kill to frame me because of your gutscumread of my slot
Oh, thank you the compliment! tbh I'm really just an average player tho.

On mafiascum I think the only times I've been night killed in were due to me looking town, and wasn't due to my reads. With the exception of being a claimed power role.

idk how I would have reacted to you this game as a player. -Grey- had gained my trust, but as an outside viewer your entrance looked OB!town.
I guess we'll never know!
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1959 (isolation #48) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:47 pm

Post by Grendel »

I was a little wary of you when you made this post
In post 257, -Grey- wrote:
He knows that I'm a very easy person to run up because I play in a very idgaf manner, and I think he tried to exploit that.
Mainly b/c "idgaf" players can make mafia unfun for me. But you turned out to be a pretty cool dude.

Anyway, you're welcome! :)

Return to “Completed Open Games”