Micro 674 9:12 Dream Mafia. Game over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:14 am

Post by hapahauli »

Arent you, Alisae, and BTB voting me?
A TeamLiquid Mafia journeyman.
Need a replacement for your game? Shoot me a PM.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:14 am

Post by hapahauli »

Ah, you unvoted sorry, didn't catch that. The rest of what I posted on BTB still stands.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:16 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 623, hapahauli wrote:I think Alisae's shining through pretty strong. Did you even read what I posted?
So you're certain of his alignment after three hours worth of content from him right after he joined the game where he started posting without reading?

Teach me, Yoda. :igmeou:
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:21 am

Post by hapahauli »

Yeah actually.
In post 601, hapahauli wrote:VOTE: Alisae
Her vote sequence on me is also very bad. While I don't care much for her reasons for voting me, I don't think they're independently scummy. What's scummy is what he does after voting me.
Votes me.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p8785400
Attacks Tepes.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p8785437
Attacks TPA
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p8785618
Attacks BTD (despite having her vote on the guy who has been pushing him the hardest).

He's not just "catching up". He's just throwing shit around and seeing what sticks.

Ergo, he's mafia.
Townies just don't do this. This isn't scum-hunting or "catching-up", it's throwing shit at a wall.
Does it make sense to you that he has his vote on me, while attacking BTD for discrediting a dead townie?
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:23 am

Post by hapahauli »

I'm not sure why you think people cannot betray their motivations in just a few posts. That's all it takes to show a mafia mentality.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:24 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 628, hapahauli wrote:Yeah actually.
Her vote sequence on me is also very bad. While I don't care much for her reasons for voting me, I don't think they're independently scummy. What's scummy is what he does after voting me.
Votes me.
Attacks Tepes.
Attacks TPA
Attacks BTD (despite having her vote on the guy who has been pushing him the hardest).

He's not just "catching up". He's just throwing shit around and seeing what sticks.

Ergo, he's mafia.
Townies just don't do this. This isn't scum-hunting or "catching-up", it's throwing shit at a wall.
Does it make sense to you that he has his vote on me, while attacking BTD for discrediting a dead townie?
Yup.

Townies don't <- I stop reading right here when people are talking about Anime Ali.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:26 am

Post by -Grey- »

Take that little box you like to shove expected behavior from a townie in, and just drop that thing in the ocean when Alisae is playing, because you ain't gonna see any of that.
---
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:29 am

Post by hapahauli »

In post 630, -Grey- wrote:
In post 628, hapahauli wrote:Yeah actually.
Votes me.
Attacks Tepes.
Attacks TPA

Ergo, he's mafia.
Yup.

Townies don't <- I stop reading right here when people are talking about Anime Ali.
And yet, you consider him readable?
In post 621, -Grey- wrote:I'm not interested in voting Alisae at this point. I'd rather give him some time to get acclimated to the game.

Penguin had, what, seven whole posts? Hardly enough to condemn a slot.

One thing is certain, it's not a lurker slot anymore. If Alisae is scum, it'll shine through.
I'll read through some of his past games to verify, but even seemingly "random" players do have distinctive town and mafia mindsets.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:31 am

Post by -Grey- »

Don't get me wrong, I'm not townreading the guy, either.

I just know enough to realize that he has a scummy playstyle.
---
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:32 am

Post by hapahauli »

Well alright. Y'all want to vote BTD? I'm totally fine killing him too.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:36 am

Post by -Grey- »

One thing that's really bugging me is that I'm having a hard time nailing down townreads.

Just when I think I feel good about calling someone town, something comes to my attention that undermines it. Like when it sank in that you were pushing lurkers, for example.

That you didn't back off on the penguin slot after Ali replaced in does make me feel better about you, though.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:40 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 634, hapahauli wrote:Well alright. Y'all want to vote BTD? I'm totally fine killing him too.
Can do.

VOTE: BTD
---
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:41 am

Post by hapahauli »

Vote: BTD

L-1
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:48 am

Post by hapahauli »

In post 637, hapahauli wrote:
Vote: BTD

L-1
VOTE: BTD

Formatting.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:51 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 1, MariaR wrote:
>
I will accept votes in bold or vote vote tag examples:
Vote Maria
or VOTE: Maria
---
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:52 am

Post by hapahauli »

I want to feel pretty.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:54 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 640, hapahauli wrote:I want to feel pretty.
But can you make it rhyme?
---
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:03 am

Post by hapahauli »

I had not read the rules of the host,
Which said I could vote in bold post.
Alas my formatting is so shitty,
So I want to feel pretty.
And I value my looks the utmost.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:04 am

Post by -Grey- »

Okay... I kinda missed that.

A little.
---
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:56 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 616, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 598, hapahauli wrote:
BTB6_maker
is a lurker. I made the case on him at the beginning of the day primarily because I thought he was a lurker and wanted to get more information from him. Also, I think making it to LYLO with a player like BTB is a disaster. He will be a liability regardless of alignment due to his activity.

That all being said, I do legitimately think he is mafia for his defense.
In post 519, BTD6_maker wrote:I will pick apart Hapahauli's case on me.
In my experience playing this game, stuff like this always comes from mafia. Mafia generally aren't confident, but try to put up a "front" of calmness or confidence. But that also betrays their mentality. When a townie is falsely accused, you generally see a very emotional response. Something along the lines of "FUCK YOU, I'M TOWN." Even if people don't explicitly say it, posts will generally betray that mentality. You'll typically see some emotion (sadness, anger, frustration). Most people do not enjoyed being called liars.

The mentality of "I will calmly pick this case apart now" is
very hard to come from town
. That's not a natural thought process from someone who is falsely accused.

Secondly, his actual defense. His defense boils down to "I can do this as either alignment." And to his credit, he is certainly a lurking player regardless of alignment. However, what's suspicious is what his defense is missing.
Nothing about his defense tells us that he's town.
. Again, the "FUCK YOU, I'M TOWN" psychology of being falsely accused. Nothing in that defense is about him being town. It's all about discrediting the analysis because he can do it as either alignment. Logically valid? Yes. But psychologically very suspicious.
I do not "lurk". Right now I will inevitably be fairly inactive due to V/LA. Even otherwise, I am a busy person in Real Life. You seem to think that a lack of activity automatically implies lurking which automatically implies scumminess. This is the false assumption.

Also, I am generally a rather unemotional, rational player regardless of alignment. When attacked, instead of spamming AtE I try to examine the flaws in the cases on me. My natural thought process, regardless of alignment, is indeed "I will calmly pick this case apart now". You will typically see very little emotion in my posts.

There is nothing really that I can do as Town but not fake as scum (short of certain PR claims, obviously). Indeed, assume that that was the case. In that case, my optimal play as Town would be to use it as a "trust tell", which is not allowed. Scum can fake just about anything. It's true that my case is logically valid, but not psychologically very suspicious. You are assuming that my psychology is similar to that of others you have played with. Most people indeed do not like enjoy being called a liar, myself included. But not everyone shows emotion through their posts. For every emotional player, there is a stoic player.

VOTE: Hapahauli

rofl
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:20 am

Post by Alisae »

The only reason why I voted Hap was because of the poetry shit.
The fact they stopped doing it after I voted them cause they seemed like they were putting more effort into ryhming says either I caught it or they just want to be helpful to teh town and try not to hurt it as much.

So here, let me give Hap more ammo
Intent to Hammer

Claim in your next post
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:20 am

Post by Alisae »

also UNVOTE:
GTKAS
| here.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:44 am

Post by hapahauli »

In post 645, Alisae wrote:
The only reason why I voted Hap was because of the poetry shit.

The fact they stopped doing it after I voted them cause they seemed like they were putting more effort into ryhming says either I caught it or they just want to be helpful to teh town and try not to hurt it as much.
That's funny.
In post 587, Alisae wrote:Yep.
Someone is putting effort into making their post rhyme and making their posts look pretty.
But not any into actually playing the game besides pushing lurkers and low content posters.
In post 579, Alisae wrote:
In post 576, JaeReed wrote:
In post 572, Alisae wrote:
In post 571, JaeReed wrote:Why vote Grey first and then me instead of hap if you feel like that's something I should have pushed on? Shouldn't you then be voting hap?
Cause I'm a replacement who replaced in attempting to reaction test. I liked the response I got.

Okay I'll vote hap now cuz I like you now cuz you has gud reasons for scumreading me not to mention your interactions with me seem to be coming from town.
VOTE: Hap
You're claiming Slayer's gambit here and I don't buy it.

What's your reason for suspecting Hap? Why did you feel you needed a reaction test to get reads rather than reading the thread and coming to conclusions on what you wanted to push based off that?

Why do you feel my reaction was town over scum? Was there anything in particular you thought I'd not do as scum there?
I did a gambit without knowing what it is.
Ok.

I'm suspecting Hap becuase they're pushing lurkers (BTD, my slot), and they even jumped on BTD for a NK. Seems to me like they really want that lynch to go through for some reason.

And I do that reaction test stuff while I go ISO people. Why can't I do both?

Cuz I'm seeing moreso town motivation rather then OMGUS and scummy posts. AKA the posts I saw in your ISO sorta seemed lackingish to me. I just felt like there could be more. But then I got more. So I liked it.
Smells like bullshit.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:00 am

Post by Alisae »

So you jump at a conclusion before asking me what I thought about the other stuff?
Ok. Sure.
GTKAS
| here.
The Poetic Assassin
The Poetic Assassin
Goon
The Poetic Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:36 am

Post by The Poetic Assassin »

{hap}