Ultimate Despair
Goon
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:28 am

Post by Ultimate Despair »

In post 847, doomfeathers wrote:
I was catching up and got a PM saying Day 3 has started. :eek: I honestly have no idea who got lynched.
Hi everyone I wanna be lynchbait too
I fixed your typos

-M
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:36 am

Post by Superhans »

Basic AF excuse but I didn't actually realise I was quick hammering
I glanced at the VC at the top of the page and voted.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:36 am

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 755, lucca261 wrote:
Fitz Catchup - Page 30

@fitz, : holy shit.

this post is big, let's go:

first, let's answer to your questions directioned at me:

I was asking you about Hawk because your post seemed to imply that you were thinking that somebody else had benefitted from Hawk dying, but wouldn't tell who. That reminds me, I had completely forgotten that. Did you, Fitz?

@lucca...I lean town on MOI as well...but how can you definitively anoint him town without some shred of doubt? Is MOI a crap scum player who posts completely differently than he does when he is town? tl:dr; confidence is suspect.

of course I have doubts about Magna. the thing is, one of the biggest factors I try to scumhunt with is consistency. things like a player subtitly changing his reads when it benefits him, having leaps of thought with seemingly no explanation behind it, things like that. and my point about magna is that he is creepily consistent. his posts all seem to follow the same thought process, to try to find scum. he pushes everybody, at anytime, without taking things out of context. I would find extremely hard for a scum player to have such a consistent game with the length of Magna content.

but I have some paranoia about him. an experienced player like Magna could look so townie and so proactive while being scum? maybe, but his content is extremely town, and I'm willing to lynch my actual scumreads now. he is solidly town to me. the not getting lynched commentary is because, if Magna is scum, I think it would be extremely hard for someone to lynch him. he is an almost universal townread.

@lucca...If you can't see Hans and moz being scum together then would you vote Doom today? He's 3rd from the bottom of your reads list.

@lucca...WTF? "yeah Doom is town?" smh head. He could be....but how do you know that so confidently? Though in hindsight....675 was a pretty good post. Leaning Doom town seems fair. But no locks please.

my thing about doom is this: I never really had more of a null read on him. he is a strange player to read. his posts look so proactive, so helpful and he seems to be looking for scum. but some content looks faked. I don't like how seemed to line up lynches. and a lot of his proactive content, like commentating on the daykill time, is NAI.

so, almost for all game, he was a line on my readlists. up above doom, this player is null at least. under doom, this player is scum. until he had that weird vote on Magna, with the breadcrumb. this was scummy for me. I didn't buy his explanation that he was trying to get scum. so I moved him down a bit. when he answered my concerns and other players began to do more scummy things, my concerns with Doom were getting smaller, for a point that reading his posts now, I genuinely feel that he's trying to hunt for scum. so now he's my second most sure townread. even at this time, the middle of the breadcrumb stuff, I wouldn't vote him.

some posts of him that I liked are , and

Annnd Hans unvotes moz. Does a Hans moz combo work?

that wasn't a question for me, but I'll answer nonetheless.

at the start of the day, with the length they were going to lynch each other, I thought that for sure they weren't scum together. but lately, with the strange unvote and sudden townread that both developed about themselves, I'm starting to get paranoid about this. as a song here in Brazil states, I'm 99% thinking that they aren't scum together, but that 1% is vagabundo. (rowdy)

what do you think about this?

---

about the post in general, I confortable now putting fitz at my townpile, at least for now. his post is incredibly consistent, he brings the points that I thought a player reading this pages would bring, and regardless if I agree or disagree with his reads, I think that they are solid, and show that he's trying to process stuff.
In post 759, Ultimate Despair wrote:
In post 712, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 690, Ultimate Despair wrote:I don't even get where you're coming from on point 1. We had a bunch of posts addressing and discussing Moz on day 1; are you asking us to restate our reasoning? Did you miss it? Like, what exactly are you getting at here, because it would be fairly difficult to miss our thoughts on Moz from day 1, and we have under 100 posts, so it would be hard to miss given the ISO feature. If you have questions about our read from day 1 ask them, but it's not my job to rehash previous events for your convenience.
Color me unimpressed with this response. The whole point of the exercise is to highlight what I see as fake-reads from your slot. Your ISO shows some softball questions tossed towards Moz Day 1 that supposedly pointed to a scum read. Yet today you’ve conspicuously avoided voting for the slot up until just now. And I don’t see anything in your Day 2 ISO that says “I revoked that read” (in fact you in this response squash that notion) or significant scum-hunting elsewhere (I discount your back and forth with Lucca as that is mostly driven by disproving his read on you not commenting on his alignment).
Here's the thing, though: your actual questions
1) Just asked us to restate what we'd already said
2) Misread junko's point - you seemingly interpreted that as if she was reading them without a prior opinion, as opposed to the more natural "these are my two scum reads" interpretation

So if your intention was to highlight fake reads, you did a really poor job of it, asking a "give me the info you already gave me" question, and asking a question that was seemingly based on a misinterpretation of a post. If you thought we were making fake reads, then things like "why weren't you voting", or highlighting specific posts or points that you thought were odd, would have been helpful.

It came across as busywork, and I don't think you ought to be surprised that I wasn't much interested in indulging what looked like lazy questions on your end, regardless of your tacked on "you need to answer this right away" bit

As for the bit about not voting, we were conspicuously not voting anyone at all. Do you think it's scummy to be a non-voter in a situation where we were also relatively low activity for the first week or so of the day phase, and there weren't any wagons that had grown really large? That strikes me as a pretty null bit; why do you think it's indicative?
In post 711, Ultimate Despair wrote:Not a discussed vote with my hydra partner ftr, but im sure mukuro will agree given 701 and 702.
What do you think specifically is scummy about those posts?
--
I really should let junko answer for herself, but here goes
In post 701, mozamis wrote:
UNVOTE

HE SEEMD A BIT BLAND BUT HIS LAST FEW POSTS HAVE BEEN "SCUM HUNTERY" SO HE'S BACK TO NULL
I don't think I hate this one as much as Junko, but I'll note she made a LAMIST note about it in hydra thread
In post 702, mozamis wrote:leaving p.oe
wguerts, rev, UD and fitz as possible scum
of these i wgeurts i guess is the weakest scum read, since he looked very fucking town earlier on. But as someone else mentioned, his total lack of content ment that that his towniness has evaporated.
Still, rev ud and fitz i guess makes more sense.
dan, i thought rev was looking more town so thats confusing. Still, i could vote him.
But we should focus on fitz and UD, and work out the last scummer later.
This one is worse. It's a "POE" that doesn't seem especially strong (as a simple example, the very post before, he bumped Lucca to "null", which strikes me as a poor basis of using POE to create scum reads, if you're to the point where you're dumping out null reads). It's also super hedgy on revan, while expressing an interest in focusing on fitz/us (not clear why). I'll let junko talk about if she saw more than that, but that's where my take is.
In post 742, havingfitz wrote:
In post 738, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Yet aside from being occasionally scum-read there is no inclination to wagon him
Lol...so what are you saying about his lack of wagonning? That it suggests he could be scum?
Pretty much. The point being that he's such an easy target that scum would have gone after him by now were he town.
In post 697, Superhans wrote:
In post 691, Ultimate Despair wrote:
In post 670, Superhans wrote:@UD if Moz flips:
Scum, who is the partner?
Town, who is the partner?
Why do you care about this? I'll admit that I occasionally do pre-flip associations when I'm in the mood, but w'ere in a game without a night kill, which means that there's probably LESS utility from this than usual. Like, say moz is lynched and flips scum and then we get day-vigged before we can talk about associations. While there would be less of a legacy on our end, there would also be the benefit that scum is out of kill shots, which strikes me as a perfectly fine outcome.
TLDR: I'm not especially in the mood to discuss pre-flip associations, although I suppose that's potentially subject to change if I get in the mood.
-M
I wanna know. Don't buy your point that it being nightless invidates this question, I think that pre flips can generate pretty insightful content.
Well, in the event that Moz flips town, I doin't know that there's anyone in particular that screams out scum due to that flip.

In the event that Moz flips scum, I'd probably want to re-read interactions and voting patterns a bit more carefully (among other things, seeing how the wagon on him actually develops as hammer gets closer might be interesting and useful). Probably Revan becomes the most obvious possibility, given the possibility of getting in on that bus early after SH vote there, but I odn't know that I feel that stronglya bout it (it's also plausibly just an opportunistic hop after the wagon on us has pretty flagrantly stalled).

That's pretty hedgy, but I don't know that I have a better answer for it rn.

-M
In post 764, Revan wrote:Before I start making my mega posts, MOO referred to me as lynchbait. On my home site, I was mislynched a lot and I came here trying to improve that. Does anyone have any tips?
Unless wguerts' replacement looks scummy, I have only three scumreads left: UD, Superhans, and Revan. Let's lynch this.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:36 am

Post by Superhans »

Not that I care if u believe me.
Nahdia_Superfan
Nahdia_Superfan
Townie
Nahdia_Superfan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:38 am

Post by Nahdia_Superfan »

Sorry Doomfeathers but I think you're wrong on at least 1/3 and probably 2/3.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:41 am

Post by Superhans »

In post 850, Ultimate Despair wrote:
I was catching up and got a PM saying Day 3 has started. :eek: I honestly have no idea who got lynched.
I fixed your typos

-M
What a low content smear post.
Nahdia_Superfan
Nahdia_Superfan
Townie
Nahdia_Superfan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:43 am

UD can I get a readslist?
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:44 am

Post by Superhans »

VOTE: Revan
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:45 am

Post by Superhans »

I regret flipping my vote to Moz. Rev still best bet.
Nahdia_Superfan
Nahdia_Superfan
Townie
Nahdia_Superfan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:45 am

Unvote or I will vote you.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:46 am

Post by Superhans »

Me?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:46 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Quick phone post to say - you both know this is effectively LYLO right?

With that flip I will have to really, really reassess. More on that after lunch and errands.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Nahdia_Superfan
Nahdia_Superfan
Townie
Nahdia_Superfan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:46 am

I am not saying that you're wrong. Revan could be scum. I am telling you to slow down.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:47 am

Post by Superhans »

K
UNVOTE: Revan
For now
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:50 am

Post by Revan »

UD and Doom are two of the scum, I think.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
Ultimate Despair
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:51 am

In post 856, Nahdia_Superfan wrote:UD can I get a readslist?
Eventually, but I want to re-evaluate given flip.
-M
Ultimate Despair
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:51 am

In post 864, Revan wrote:UD and Doom are two of the scum, I think.
Why?
-M
Ultimate Despair
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:52 am

In post 855, Superhans wrote:
In post 850, Ultimate Despair wrote:
I fixed your typos

-M
What a low content smear post.
How so? It was a transparently terrible lynchbaity post.

-M
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:53 am

Post by doomfeathers »

My apologies. Those quotes were not meant to get into my post.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:57 am

Post by Superhans »

Where is this scum read on Doom coming from Rev?
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:59 am

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 755, lucca261 wrote:I don't like how seemed to line up lynches.
I don't seem to; I blatantly do it, though with flexibility. If you're going to threaten me, do it properly.
In post 797, Revan wrote:TOWN
Wgeurts
Lucca
MOI
Doom
UD
Fitz
Superhans
Moz
SCUM
This is making me worry that maybe Lucca's scum.
In post 802, Revan wrote:Idk, 799 looks town to me...

VOTE: UD
You apparently switch your votes very easily.
In post 828, Nahdia_Superfan wrote:Wow MOI is on a wagon I should vote there.

VOTE: Mozamis
You know Magna, then?
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:00 am

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 759, Ultimate Despair wrote:
In post 712, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 690, Ultimate Despair wrote:I don't even get where you're coming from on point 1. We had a bunch of posts addressing and discussing Moz on day 1; are you asking us to restate our reasoning? Did you miss it? Like, what exactly are you getting at here, because it would be fairly difficult to miss our thoughts on Moz from day 1, and we have under 100 posts, so it would be hard to miss given the ISO feature. If you have questions about our read from day 1 ask them, but it's not my job to rehash previous events for your convenience.
Color me unimpressed with this response. The whole point of the exercise is to highlight what I see as fake-reads from your slot. Your ISO shows some softball questions tossed towards Moz Day 1 that supposedly pointed to a scum read. Yet today you’ve conspicuously avoided voting for the slot up until just now. And I don’t see anything in your Day 2 ISO that says “I revoked that read” (in fact you in this response squash that notion) or significant scum-hunting elsewhere (I discount your back and forth with Lucca as that is mostly driven by disproving his read on you not commenting on his alignment).
Here's the thing, though: your actual questions
1) Just asked us to restate what we'd already said
2) Misread junko's point - you seemingly interpreted that as if she was reading them without a prior opinion, as opposed to the more natural "these are my two scum reads" interpretation

So if your intention was to highlight fake reads, you did a really poor job of it, asking a "give me the info you already gave me" question, and asking a question that was seemingly based on a misinterpretation of a post. If you thought we were making fake reads, then things like "why weren't you voting", or highlighting specific posts or points that you thought were odd, would have been helpful.

It came across as busywork, and I don't think you ought to be surprised that I wasn't much interested in indulging what looked like lazy questions on your end, regardless of your tacked on "you need to answer this right away" bit

As for the bit about not voting, we were conspicuously not voting anyone at all. Do you think it's scummy to be a non-voter in a situation where we were also relatively low activity for the first week or so of the day phase, and there weren't any wagons that had grown really large? That strikes me as a pretty null bit; why do you think it's indicative?
Do you have a problem with restating what you've said for the sake of convenience, then?
Nahdia_Superfan
Nahdia_Superfan
Townie
Nahdia_Superfan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:03 am

I know Magna but that post was more of a joke because I independently scumread the slot.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:03 am

Post by Superhans »

Revoking my town read on MOI, will be back with further elaboration.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:04 am

Post by Superhans »

MOI + Revan scum team, is this implausible?

Return to “Completed Open Games”