Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4492 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

Would you rather play
oddrole
setups similar to these:
(common roles are rare, rare roles are common)

• mafia: Mugger, Mafioso; survivor: Warp; town: Cop, Randomizer, Twin, Amnesiac (Elite Bodyguard), Magic Lamp, Nonvoter
  • mafia: Mugger, Jedi; town: Santa (Satan), Jedi, Mystery Role (Bodyguard), Magistrate, Bruce Wayne, Retired Wolf Hunter, Ascetic (False)
  • mafia: Peeping Tom, Hitman; town: Secret Role (Paranoid Gun Owner), Secret Role (Unlynchable), Sleeper Vigilante, Fisherman, One-Shot Vigilante (0%), Super-Saint (False), Townie
or
chaotic
setups similar to these:
(unconstrained by the burdens of sanity, correctness, or playability, players can have up 4-in-1 roles)

• mafia: Cowardly Watcher Private Eye Hitman, Day Anti-Doctor Ken Kesey; town: Ascetic One-Shot Copycat Doublekiller, Secret Role (Amnesiac Disabler Grey Goo Secret Admirer), Secret Role (Sleeper Reviver Twin), Secret Role (Reflex One-Shot Doublekiller Immortal Nonvoter), Secret Role (Miller Amnesiac Ascetic Shuffler), Amnesiac (Random Inquisitor Elite Bodyguard Mimic), Mystery Role (Ascetic Reincarnator Magnet)
  • mafia: Ascetic Suicide Bomber Hot Nurse Frame Artist, Hidden Voteblocker Mad Scientist Twin; town: Secret Role (Sleeper Lynchproof Morpher Reincarnator Shaman), Secret Role (Sleeper Reviver Twin Vigilante Retired Wolf Hunter), Reincarnator Retired Cop Ninja (Incompetent Paranoid), One-Shot Cowardly Vigilante Inspector Gadget (SK Miller Naive), Skulking Secret Admirer, Lynchproof Cop Undertaker (Death Miller), Secret Role (Sleeper Reviver Retired Wolf Hunter Twin)
  • mafia: Ascetic Cheater Ice Cream Man Delayer, Role Cop Spy (0%); town: Secret Role (Sleeper Bodyguard Stalker Kill Magnet), MUP Inspector Gadget (Naive), Lesser Cowardly Djinni (0%), Secret Admirer, Skulking Sleeper Reviver Watcher, Silly Undertaker Hospital Director Voteblocker, Sleeper Djinni Bomb

Obviously I like high-powered setups.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4494 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:17 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

What about a theme game where the thread is always unlocked and anyone can post in the thread including dead players and people who are not in the game, with no dead thread or spectator thread and no spoilers
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4520 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:11 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Thank you for reminding me of this idea. I won't be getting around to it for at least another month or two. I really like the feedback here and it seems "the people" would enjoy the main idea. So, feel free to run any variations you desire.
As long as I get an invite.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4522 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:40 am

Post by eagerSnake »

A game with no time restraints, scum can't kill, rather, townies die randomly over time.

Apocalypse mafia.

You could even make it nightless, all play happens on day 1. Town must lynch the scum before they all die, lynches don't end days.

Also toying around with the idea of a "note-passing" mechanic, where players can pass notes (messages, through the moderator) at any time during the day, however everyone "sees" the note being passed. (Moderator posts on game thread "Xxx passed a note to Yyy.") (Because in real life, people may see the note being passed.) Or a "whisper" mechanic (same thing)

Could even go further with that one by making players "sit" next to each other, and they can only pass notes to who they're sitting next to, and that player can pass it on (or not) to the next one.

I like the idea of giving people choices as well, example "Xxx passed you a note intended for yyy. Would you like to
A) Read the note
B) Pass the note
C) Destroy the note
D) Publicly reveal the note"

Etc

Return to “Mafia Discussion”