Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12550 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:24 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

Like ... the moment you made it clear you were going to push to lynch us forever, you opened to door for people to make posts to play off of that. They can easily make you "feel" like they are genuine and like they are doing something that makes no sense, because as long as they keep you and us around long enough and what they're doing keeps at least one of them firmly town read, they win.

The narrative is staring you in the face. The last like four day phases have been playing out to this end. You here to lynch us. Can you think of any other reason scum went to the trouble of killing MoI (twice!) and Random and left you alive?

I'm genuinely gobsmacked that you don't see how much you've been played. You're literally spam posting a bunch of stuff to justify a vote on us and NONE of it is hard evidence of anything. In that time, you could have tried to figure out if there is any plausible town motive for what Grapes did yesterday. You have not (as far as I can tell). You could have tried to figure out a plausible town motive for A50's behavior at the start of yesterday. You have not (again, as far as I can tell). You could even have done the same test on Shiro that I did to confirm that you weren't dealing with a world where scum!Shiro is on the table. You didn't.

THAT is why I'm both convinced you aren't actually trying to work this out but instead just trying to cover your ass /slash/ justify voting us, and why I'm both angry and frustrated at the amount of time you made us waste.

~D

~D
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12551 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:24 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 12009, grapes wrote:
In post 11975, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:Almost is town.......
I've already dismantled all of almost's contrived reasons for scumreading me. In particular using the knowledge of Almost tracking whomever last night as a basis for 'clearing' rr and you but not me doesn't stand up to reason. He's admitted that he'd rather us no-lynch than lynch anyone but me which means that he's either scum or willing to throw the game away based on nothing. He's told the gems to bubble confirmed-town multiple times. He pushed you as SK in an attempt to save confirmed scum. Being survivalistic is what got him lynched in borderlands; he's adapted his play to that here.
RR could also be scum but I think they're just bad town.
The fact that those two are the only ones alive that could be threats to earth with the knowledge of Xk's role means that skybird attempting to derail that alliance means there's exactly one scum between them when you consider that skybird was assumed to be confirmed town by many. Simple explanation is that scum didn't think xk had the balls to shoot sky and wanted to save twinwings.
Among others (I'm skipping some), this stood out as a particularly town interaction as well.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12552 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:27 am

In post 12549, mastin2 wrote:
In post 11934, grapes wrote:Could I ask for an A50 vote?
This at the end of the wall is what makes it feel meaningful, feel genuine.
See #12548: If Grapes gets A50 lynched, then he probably gets us mislynched and he still has credibility to spare. Like ... I outlined the only four ways that scenario could play out, and NONE of them harm a Grapes+A50 scum team, while two of them basically guarantee a win and the third (the world we're in) results in You alive with us, which is pretty much a guaranteed win for them, unless I am drastically misreading what you're posting here like 35 minutes before the deadline.

You are the person who TAUGHT me to look at narrative when I couldn't figure it out with my strongest skillset. I am literally sitting here in utter disbelief that you don't see it. And that's not even taking into account all of the OTHER things that just fit and make total sense when you posit that scenario. The truth ALWAYS has an elegance to it.

~Drixx
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12553 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:29 am

In post 12551, mastin2 wrote:
In post 12009, grapes wrote:
In post 11975, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:Almost is town.......
I've already dismantled all of almost's contrived reasons for scumreading me. In particular using the knowledge of Almost tracking whomever last night as a basis for 'clearing' rr and you but not me doesn't stand up to reason. He's admitted that he'd rather us no-lynch than lynch anyone but me which means that he's either scum or willing to throw the game away based on nothing. He's told the gems to bubble confirmed-town multiple times. He pushed you as SK in an attempt to save confirmed scum. Being survivalistic is what got him lynched in borderlands; he's adapted his play to that here.
RR could also be scum but I think they're just bad town.
The fact that those two are the only ones alive that could be threats to earth with the knowledge of Xk's role means that skybird attempting to derail that alliance means there's exactly one scum between them when you consider that skybird was assumed to be confirmed town by many. Simple explanation is that scum didn't think xk had the balls to shoot sky and wanted to save twinwings.
Among others (I'm skipping some), this stood out as a particularly town interaction as well.
We are why Fuzzy town read A50. In our day 8 finale chat, they were at each other's throats. Each was hard scum reading the others. I personally told them to shut up and only talk to me until they understood why I was town reading each of them (turns out I was almost certainly wrong about A50, but that's another point entirely).

This was quoted for you into the thread by Cerb quite some time ago. I'm very sure that Fuzzy genuinely believed A50 was town, because I'm the one who convinced him of it.

~Drixx
Show

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12554 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:30 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 12023, Almost50 wrote:
In post 12009, grapes wrote:Being survivalistic is what got him lynched in borderlands; he's adapted his play to that here.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I didn't intend to even bother commenting, but this was BRILLIANT it got me laughing out loud! So, the MARTYR .. whose aim was TO GET SHOT as his ONE AND ONLY win con.. was survivalistic?? Sure, dude. Now please order me some of the same stuff you've been drinking.
Like, tonality reading is one of the things I'm better at than an average player is, and.
I just don't see this tone, this interaction, as being scum-scum.
It's feasible for this maintained interaction to have either as individually scum, if not for the setup telling us otherwise, sure.

But.

Maintaining scum theater--and for them to be the scumteam, this would be exactly that--takes a level of time and effort that's beyond what most scum players can do. To pull it off this long, this consistently, with this tone. It's just. It doesn't happen. I don't see how it could be. Not over that period of time. You can plan to distance. You can plan to bus. You can't plan out every facet of your conversation and have the interaction still feel organic, and yet their interaction does feel like exactly that: organic.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12555 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:35 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 12552, Reasonably Rational wrote:If Grapes gets A50 lynched, then he probably gets us mislynched and he still has credibility to spare.
Problem: the bubble mechanic.

Your narrative requires the two of them to have bussed, get one lynched, and THEN avoid every bubble and every lynch, as solo scum, the entire game. It requires believing that they were willing to confirm the presence of seven scum, and also, willing to risk bubbled players being confirmed as town.

Let's say grapes/A50 is lynched.
The gems bubble you.
A gem dies. The remaining gems release you: you are now confirmed town.
The lynchpool becomes fuzzy/Shiro/survivor. We lynch one of Fuzzy/Shiro.
The scum kill the remaining gem, who bubbles the second of Fuzzy/Shiro.
You're alive. I'm alive. We lynch the third, the survivor of grapes/Almost50.

Lynching scum that day phase would have lost the scumteam the game.

You're conveniently forgetting about a fundamental mechanic that was in play. It didn't MATTER how much towncred they'd get. It didn't MATTER if they were last on the list. POE would condemn them to death in lylo ANYWAY.
My academy.
Agnigi
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12556 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:38 am

Also ... at NO point in the ENTIRE game,
especially
during this part you are quoting between A50 and Grapes, were they in any real danger of being lynched. Especially once you gave your ultimatum. It's not dangerous to make a hard push on someone that's going nowhere, especially when if you accidentally make it go somewhere it just makes you look absurdly town and gives you a high chance to win.

Like ... A50 never had any votes on himself except when he pulled the self-vote stunt and never got to L-1, and Grapes had your protection. They could safely push each other because they were unassailable. If you won't vote Grapes and A50 doesn't get lynched while he's self-voting himself, they're free to plant that shit in the game in anticipation of their end game, which is what we're in right now.

Tell me you honestly believe that I would leave you alive as scum. Tell me that you believe that is more likely than the actual scum team realizing that you were gunning for us and that we represented the game winning mislynch for them. One of the following must be true:

1.) I left you alive, despite the fact that you have been headhunting our slot for like 2+ months.
2.) You were left alive to be the vehicle to execute the final mislynch

I literally can't compute a world where you even believe I would leave you alive as scum. Not after SMITE.

~Drixx

P-Edit: No Mastin. It was obvious to anyone paying attention that the gem bubbles were limited. The most town read player was never going to get bubbled. That's the point.

And as far as scum theatre sustained over a long period ... I did that in SMITE for like a solid MONTH with one of the people on my scum team. That's why I recognize it for what it is. Instead of just letting it convince me emotionally, I evaluated the possible outcomes and realized that no outcome was actually bad for them, given the state of the game and what they needed to get to win.
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12557 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:42 am

Like you have to remember the scum partner I had who could tunnel out of the game with someone, right? He could have easily just avoided lynch forever, but instead we set it up so that I was going after him hard. Since he was using his power to help outed town slots, it was decided that either he would die and I would gain massive cred as being honest and working for town from it, or I would get lynched and me pushing him so hard while he was behaving so townie would give him massive cred. That shit you've been quoting is straight out of my playbook from SMITE. The question I have is why you don't recognize it since you watched me do EXACTLY that kind of scum theatre, for a VERY extended time period. If memory serves, we carried that out across three entire day phases before I managed to get him lynched.

~D
Show

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12558 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:42 am

Post by mastin2 »

Uhg.

One of the main reasons that I haven't been responding to you, Drixx, is because my intent here was to read the game through in its entirety.
The reason I haven't responded is because responding you to was on my "get there when I get there" list.

As in: you brought up points about yesterday. Well I haven't reread yesterday, so how was I to respond? I wasn't going to respond to those points until I was to yesterday. But this is the point where I'm running out of time. There's 20 pages I haven't read--something in those 20 pages could be important. Could majorly shift my opinion. Could have made me go differently. Those pages also would have allowed me to answer you.

But I'm down to 20 minutes.

I wanted more.
I'm NOT absolutely sure grapes-Almost50 is impossible.
I think it less likely. I think their interactions don't look scum-scum. They really don't look like scumething they could plan out in advanced, not like that, not to that extent, but I haven't read their entire exchange, their entire dialog, to confirm this, to make sure it wasn't distancing. If in those 20 pages, they suddenly stopped, I wouldn't be able to see it now even though if I did earlier I would have seen it.

I'm sorry, but I have to go off of what I have.

Vote: Reasonably Rational
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12559 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:47 am

Post by mastin2 »

And I'm sure I'll get a lot of shit for that.
I do have notes.
Sloppy ones, but there.
To Varsoon, who I've PMed the thjole game.
To the dead thread, who V gave them to.
In my own notes, where I compiled past notes and brought them together.

But mostly in my head. I'll show them if you genuinely feel I didn't have them when I did.
OI kinda stopped recording them somewhere in the last few days. Not sure when I did, but I did because of time crunch meaning the notes there were less than needed, useful. Well maybe they would be useful, but I couldn;t figure out how to.

So I am sorry.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12560 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:49 am

Post by mastin2 »

Like.
I couldn't even cast a vote tag here.
That should be evidence enough I;m dobuting it even now.

And it feels anticlimactic.
Like. Sad even, and probably pathetic.
I know. I;m sorry. It is the best I can give. If that wasn't what I needed to, then it means I simply couldn't igve what needed to be given.
My academy.
Agnigi
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12561 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:52 am

Thank you for admitting that you were dishonest about how much effort you were going to put in this day phase (and dishonest earlier when you said you had pages and pages of notes that you just weren't posting). You'll get a message from me routed via Varsoon so you understand why lying to me and wasting so much of my free time in the last 13 days was so bad and something that it will take a long time for me to get over, if ever.

Apart from that... time to see what happens now.

~Drixx

P.S. - To the rest of the game ... Varsoon is aware of the reason I am exceptionally angry with Mastin for lying to us and pushing us to waste voluminous amounts of our time when she clearly had no intent to do what she said she would. I'm sure he'll vouch. I'm not going to air it publicly because in general I don't hold grudges and I can see a future where I get over it and mend fences, and it's a deeply personal and potentially upsetting thing. Anyone who is absolutely dying of curiosity and knows me well enough to believe I will tell them what the deal is should feel free to PM me when the game is over and ask.
Show

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12562 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:53 am

Post by mastin2 »

But if you think I WANT to be up at 4 AM just to vote wrong you can go fuck yourself; I stayed up this late because I legitimately eeded to do the work. I needed to try. I needed to feel lie I was righting the make choice.

I still don't.

I wish I did, but I didn't make it that far. I didn't get to where I was comfortable with the call, and that emplifies the shittienss of the call if it's wrong. But the deadline is what the deadline is, and while I would have pulled an nall-nighter to do this game justice, I didn't have all night. H had until 4, with a safety windo.

I set the deadline at 1.
I pushed it back to 2.
Then 2:30.
Then 3.
Then 3:30.
Then 3:40.

I gave the game as much time as humanly possible.
If that is wrong, then I sm sorry it was wrong. It was all I had.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12563 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:55 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 12561, Reasonably Rational wrote:Thank you for admitting that you were dishonest about how much effort you were going to put in this day phase (and dishonest earlier when you said you had pages and pages of notes that you just weren't posting).
I didn't lie. Those notes ARE pages and pages and pages and pages, probably like 100,000 words total between all my PMs and such. I haven't done anyu official compilation.

I put more work into this game than any other. Not as much as I felt neeeded to be done.
But as much as humanly possible.
I set out goals I new I couldn't reach, but tried to reach them anyway.
My academy.
Agnigi
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12564 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:58 am

I'm sorry but if you didn't even read the game thread, you didn't come anywhere near close to putting in the effort you said you would, and you wasted an exceptional amount of our time on the premise that our time investment would be met by you actually doing something. All you did was go look for reasons to stick with what you posted like 2 and a half months ago or something. Might have been longer even.

~Drixx

P-Edit: I've had 8 hours sleep in the last 3 days. It's 7am and I haven't slept in nearly two days. Don't play the "I stayed up late" card with me, because I was here trying to engage your points and you just ignored me in favor of quoting things to justify yourself not doing the work and sticking with what you posted months ago. If you can prove differently, then by all means do so. Otherwise, the only rational thing to believe is that you acted with malice in asking us to put in this gigantic time investment.

You KNOW what your life and schedule is like. You know what your other commitments are. You know what the planning fallacy is, because I've explained it to you. There's simply no excuse. Sorry. I'm also sorry because what I'm going to ask Varsoon to send to you, so you realize why I'm so angry, is probably going to make you feel bad. But ... I don't hate you. I'm mad right now but I'm not a grudge holder. A year from now I probably won't even remember why I was mad at you. Probably sooner than that. But right now... in this moment? There aren't words to adequately describe it.
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12565 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:00 am

In post 12563, mastin2 wrote:
In post 12561, Reasonably Rational wrote:Thank you for admitting that you were dishonest about how much effort you were going to put in this day phase (and dishonest earlier when you said you had pages and pages of notes that you just weren't posting).
I didn't lie. Those notes ARE pages and pages and pages and pages, probably like 100,000 words total between all my PMs and such. I haven't done anyu official compilation.

I put more work into this game than any other. Not as much as I felt neeeded to be done.
But as much as humanly possible.
I set out goals I new I couldn't reach, but tried to reach them anyway.
How much did you do THIS DAY PHASE. You know ... the one where you started out by saying you were going to re-evaluate and you wanted things from us which took a combined 50-60 hours of our time, including me staying up when I'm already on a huge sleep deficit so that I could engage with you (while you ignored me)? Honestly ... how much time did you put in THIS DAY PHASE. Because there's no way in hell you can claim with a straight face you did what you said you were going to.

We acted in good faith. I have no reason to believe you did.

~D
Show

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #12566 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:08 am

Post by mastina »

Of course I didn't come close to putting the effort in I said I would.
I said I was going to read all fucking 500 pges.
I said I was going to compile every vc.
I said I was going to iso every player.
I said I was going to research your past fucking games. To meta you. All of you. Drixx, Cerb, together as RR, Almost50, grapes, Shiro.
I said I was going to meta-research Varsoon. (Okay maybe I didn't say this but I was thinking it?)

I said I was going to analyze each player using a long list of critera. EWr;e talking, two to three screenwidths of criterai in play here.

I couldn't do all of that. I tried to do as much as I could. I really did try. I didn't mean to ignore you. I didn't mena to have the engagement be not worth anything. I meant for me to engage you and have it be worth something. I meant for it to be something where I would form a concrete plan. I failed eys. But you;re insinuating that I didn't tru. You're accusing me of not thinking. Of not having put the effort in. I've been anguishing over this every day. Every fucking day. Away from keyboard. Haunting me in my dreams (no seriously, I've had nightmares of this game). Wreacking me in the shower. Making me question everything. I tried.

And I am sorry that I tried not hard enough.
But this absulutely the best I could give you.

I;ve probably neglected more than I realized by going to this game specifically. So what can I say?
I can't apologize for having an opinion.
I can apologizxe for not doing as much work as I wanted--I am doing so.
I can apologize for making the wrong choice--I have done so across the last two weeks every time I have so much as made the slightest indication I even might vote you.
But I can't apologize for having tried. I can apologize for failing, but not for trying.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #12567 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:14 am

Post by mastina »

Like I tried reading the game.
I'm not sure how much of it I did read. Honestly don't know. Not enough.
I did isos. Not all of them. Not enough of them, but some of them. Not thoroughly but I tried.
Did some vca too.
Was paying attention to your posts even when not responding to them.

I was thinking of this game even when not logged in and engaged--the number of hours I've put in there, can't be counted because they're so many I wouldn't be able to calculate. But when I was logged in and engaged, I was doing stuff. I was reading my notes. I was reading theory work. I was reading advice on how to play, what decisions to make. Trying to better my own game. I tried to find points to engage you in. I tried to weigh the sides. I put the time in, more than I've ever put into a game. Ever. This day phase alone. Not all at once, but hours every night. Literally hours. Not as much as I wanted to get done. Not as much as needed to be done. but done ll the same I did. I tried to work.

So again, I can;t apologize for making a call.
I can't apologize for laying down a vote.
I can apologize if its' wrong.
I AM apologizing because it wasn't enough;

But the actual vote I can;t apologize for having made.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12568 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:26 am

I'm going to sleep now. If the game happens to end and post game comments begin: nobody should venture anywhere near suggesting my outrage today was a strategic move in any way. I'm generally not an emotional player in mafia, although if someone attacks me, I'll fight back. Varsoon knows exactly why I'm so angry and I talked to him about it and I'm pretty sure he'll confirm that my anger is warranted. I have hopes the game doesn't end, but in case it does and I'm asleep, I would really prefer not to come back to a bunch of people flaming me for being angry, or suggesting it was faked, because it's a very serious legitimate thing and I believe Varsoon will also vouch that it's better that I don't just post it to everyone.

Since we're lynched and just waiting around, I do want to say I had a lot of fun this game. I also want to apologize to Farside. We legitimately thought you were a serious threat because of the roles in SaGa and Bloodborne, and I really was testing you when I offered you your win condition so you could exit and simplify the end game. Your refusal convinced me that we were right about you being a serious threat. It was nothing personal, and I hope I didn't go too far. I really enjoy playing with you. When I see your name on a player list, that's a reason that makes me want to join it.

I'll have more detailed thoughts after I get some sleep and once the game actually ends (still hoping it isn't done now). There's a few players I'd really like to compliment on their play this game.

@Varsoon: Please don't lock our hydra PT if the game comes to an end state. I still need to copy in a large chunk of Cerb and me talking through the game. I will put it at like priority 3 (behind my mod duties) for when I wake up, so it shouldn't be a huge delay. Much <3 and thanks for another awesome game.

~Drixx

P-edit: Nightmares? You and me both. I dream about Varsoon's mafia games fairly regularly while they're ongoing. It's part of how our brains process information for long term memory storage. I'm sorry yours are bad.

As far as what you're saying goes ... I accept your apology that you didn't get what you intended done; however, I know you know what the planning fallacy is. You committed to doing something as an incentive to get us to spend a great deal of time, and I'm both certain that you didn't put in the time we did AND that you had everything you needed to know two weeks ago to know ahead of time that you would not be able to do that. As I said before ... you knew about your real life commitments, your mod commitments and all the other things that kept you from doing that list of things you said you would have done in an ideal world. The planning fallacy is when you plan as if everything will go perfect instead of evaluating how long things will take based upon how long similar things have taken you before, as you know, because we've had this conversation before.

In this case, I'm even willing to believe you fell prey to the planning fallacy. That still doesn't let you off the hook because if you had been 100% honest with yourself and us, you would never have said you were going to do those things, because there's no way all of the other commitments just randomly sprung up this day phase.

So that it doesn't happen in the future, you're going to find out why I'm so upset at the situation. I want you to know that the POINT of that is so you understand, NOT to hurt you or make you feel bad. As I said before, I don't hold grudges and I see a future where we're good friends. It's just not going to be today or tomorrow. When you get the message from varsoon, I believe it will make way more sense. Perhaps he'll even make a PT and mediate or something and we can hug it out.

But before all that, I need to try and sleep, if it's possible.

P-Edit 2: You've read our hydra PTs. You know we put absurd time into games. You know that when you ask us to commit time and engage, it's a BIG ask. I think about games when I'm not actively talking to cerb or reading ISOs or whatever also. I didn't include that time in my estimate. The 50-60 combined hours is time actually spent talking with Cerb or checking the paraphrases or going through ISOs and comparing to my notes and such along with the time Cerb reported he spent actively working on the game. Knowing him, the amount of extra thought that he put into things ran circles around both you and me.

You keep avoiding the actual issue. The reason I'm angry is simple: you had to have known when you made the ask of us that you could not do all the things you intended. Therefore it was deceptive for you to tell us you were going to do it when you knew you couldn't. Therefore you dealt in bad faith and wasted our time. It would have been much better if you said something like "I'm really busy, but on X days at X times I will be here and real time back and forth if you're willing to engage" and we could have had a much more productive use of both your time and ours.

Live. Learn. Improve. Most of all ... have fun. Stop beating yourself up. Yes I'm angry. Yes you'll find out why. And hopefully it will hammer home how to avoid the planning fallacy in the future. If I wanted to write you off, I would just tell you to fuck off and avoid you. The fact that I'm talking to you is all the proof you need that I value you and our friendship, even though I'm angry at having been jerked around.
Show

Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12569 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:27 am

Post by Shiro »

Tbh I can only hope now that almost is solo scum although o sadly doubt it. If twas the case grapes had no reason to lie about his bubble killing scum.

God damn it. I wanted to finally win a town game in a varsoon game
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
I stg this is how conversations with Lucifer go. ~Papa Zito
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12570 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:30 am

Post by Shiro »

Fuck I.should have listened to my instinct and no lynched instead of following my mechanic reasoning.

Sorry drixx and cerb :/
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
I stg this is how conversations with Lucifer go. ~Papa Zito
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #12571 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:40 am

Post by Varsoon »

"You can't get rid of us that easy!"
Ruby Squad, in unison,
Back to the Moon
"I bet
she
can."
Steven,
Back to the Moon
VOTECOUNT 11.1 : LYNCH

Reasonably Rational (LYNCH):
Shiro, Mastin2

No Lynch (1):
Reasonably Rational

With 3 Alive, it takes 2 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2017-02-10 12:00:00)

The Current Stress is +3:

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #12572 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:11 am

Post by Varsoon »

"Whaaaat? Okay, I was fine with it when I got busted up, but there's no way the Crystal Gems would ever lose to those Ruby dorks!"

Amethyst looked to Steven, who had been listening intently to Peridot's dramatic retelling of the entire 'Legacy of Steven Universe' so far. His smile faded a little at Amethyst's protests, but before he could speak, Peridot threw down the puppets that she had been performing the entire show with.

"Well that's why it's a
dramatic
retelling, Amethyst. Don't be a clod about it, okay? I was just getting to the good stuff! Now, where was I?

Reasonably Rational has been Lynched.
They were
Army, The Ruby That Keeps Punching Things
, aligned with
Threats to Earth

Spoiler: Army's full role functions as follows:
Army, The Ruby That Keeps Punching Things
Hi-yah!
You are aligned with the Scum Faction. You are a Gem.
Why I oughta razzle-frazzle your...

If you are in an alliance with a player and they decide to ally differently, you may cause all of their actions to fail.
Each Climax phase, you may dedicate your action towards continuing this effect.
This ability may only ever affect a single player at any given time.
If you change targets or stop using this ability, you will be unable to use this ability on your previous target until you ally with them and trigger these effects again.

Strike Three!!

During the Season Finale, if you hammer a player, that player is killed--no effect may keep them alive in any way.

EVENT:
Beach-a-Palooza!

EPISODE EVENT: Exposition Only--Activate this ability during the Climax Phase.
PRIORITY: 0
REQUIREMENTS: +1 Stress or Higher
Tied to the Flavor of the episode "Sadie's Song."
The following information will be publicly posted in the game thread:
If this event is triggered, the Exposition Phase begins with this event and locks the public game thread.
For 48 hours, all players may submit any target player to star in the 'Beach-a-Palooza' event.
Every time a player is picked by another player, it counts as one point towards the picked player's score.
Every time a player picks a player in an alliance with them, it counts as two points towards the picked player's score.
If a player picks themselves, it counts as three points towards their score.
Scum picks are only worth .5, 1, and 1.5 points, respectively.
If there are any draws, I will break the tie towards the player with more words in their role PM.
It will be revealed how many points each of the top 3 point-winners have earned.
The winning player will have their flavor revealed publicly to the game.
Scum players will have their fake-claim flavor revealed publicly.
The winning player will be able to privately select one of three fabulous prizes:
1. One-shot kill immunity, consumed when next targeted by a kill.
2. One-shot Climax-phase investigate a target to see if they are capable of killing a player.
3. One-shot Climax-phase mass-redirect, which causes all other abilities to redirect to the user.

Let's move out, soldiers!

You are aligned with
Threats to Earth
In order to win the game, your faction must equal or exceed the number of other surviving players left alive.
In order to win the game, at least one Threat to Earth player must be alive.

Steven interrupted,

"Peeeridot, we haven't gotten to that part yet! The humans still have to rally together before they beat Army and then go on to save Earth from Homeworld!"
Peridot, frustrated, threw the puppets over her shoulder and stepped down from her tiny stage. Steven, hoping to get her back up there, pleaded,
"Aw, no, c'mon, pleaaase? It was really cool how you told the alternative heroic events of you dramatically sacrificing yourself to stop the Cluster. I mean, I prefer the real thing, but..."

Peridot crossed her arms, her scowl soon becoming a sigh. It seems even she had trouble saying 'no' to Steven.
"You wanna finish the story so bad, Steven? You come up with something, then!"

"Well, I like to think that everyone got better and we all lived happily ever after."

To this, everyone rolled their eyes and laughed. Sure, things may have not turned out for the best, but what was important was that everyone made it through those hard times together. No matter how it would be told or reinterpreted, humanity was safe thanks to the efforts of the brave people and gems who stood against Homeworld in defense of Earth.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #12573 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:23 am

Post by Varsoon »

With the successful defeat of all
Threats to Earth
, the
EARTH
faction wins the game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #12574 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:24 am

Post by Varsoon »

Spoiler: Random.org List
DrippingGoofball
Skybird
SirCakez
Reasonably Rational (Cerberus v666 + Drixx)
Foxbird
TheWayItEnds
Yume
killthestory
randomidget
Klingoncelt
kraskaesque (kraska77 + lycanfire)
Creature
grapes
mastin2
Farside22
CooLDoG