Overwatch

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

For what platform(s) are you getting/do you own the game?

Xbox One
8%
PS4
13%
PC
80%

Total votes: 79

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:59 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 874, Venmar wrote:Apparently one of the people I work with is one of the best Roadhog players in the world? Everyone at my work seems to play Overwatch...
Hmm? Who is this Roadhog player?

Also, 5-0 in placements, then when a couple members of our six had to go, made the mistake of merging with another group of 3, and immediate 0-2. :(
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

Axiom is the name of the robot line that the voice mografier comes from. Not the name of Efi's robot/new character

Also everyone keeps saying new character gonna be a spider mech. We already have a character affiliated with spiders and another affiliated with mechs. Spiders don't have 4 legs they have 8. New Character is gonna be more like a Centaur. 4 legged body, normal chasis torso

Overwatch was like Street Fighter with the different countries and characters. Now its like Mortal Kombat. Goro>Kintaro>Motaro. Doomfist1>Doom Fist 2>Doom Fist 3.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by Clumsy »

PokerFace was on the money. New character, ORISA, created by our new friend Efi.

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

PTR tonight anybody? I want to try some Orisa!
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:27 pm

Post by Clumsy »

I'm downloading now, haha
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:28 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I was only right about a few things. Minotaur and tank. Fought doomfist but is not successor

The abilities shes got strikes me as Her being a Defensive Anchor Tank while Reinhart is the Offensive Anchor tank. I think she will be good at holding chokes while Rein will be better at pushing through them.

Hog is DPS Tank
Winston is Dive Tank
Zarya is Support Tank
DVA is Off Tank

I like the category Orisa seems to fill since Rien needed to be contested so to speak for Anchor Tank, but I feel the way she fills the role is too similar. Gravity abilities have been seen before. Robots seen before. Barriers on areas feels like hybrid of Zarya and Winston. Primary is like TF2 Heavy. Ultimate boosts teammates in a certain area, there are already some teammate boosting abilities in the game from Mercy, Ana, and Zen.

I like the role she fills, but she does not feel unique or new enough.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I already got PTR downloaded. If you want to help me test things I am in. What time you want to play, how many minutes will it take you to install?
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by Marquis »

i mean her lore is literally that she was built as a hybrid of existing successful hero qualities
link in bio
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by Clumsy »

I'm really glad we have another option seperate from Reinhardt as an "Anchor" tank. That was very much needed. Her kit does feel like it has things borrowed from a lot of heroes. Placing an object for a buff that can be destroyed (Sym Shield generator), mini Zarya ult, Bastion's defensive ability in turret (Reduced damage, can't be knocked around). Rein shield combined with the Symmetra shield bug (where you fired it at the ground and it got stuck there). I wonder if they did that on purpose, as a sort of "Efi drew inspiration from all the great heroes of the world!". But maybe not.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Ninja'd.

I'm already in game, if anyone wants to add me. Clumsyninja#1810
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 882, Marquis wrote:i mean her lore is literally that she was built as a hybrid of existing successful hero qualities
I realize that but I wanted something more new and different. Call me greedy but I feel like I'm waiting to be impressed. My download just finished minutes ago so maybe I will get impressed when I play as her.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:34 pm

Post by PokerFace »

so much ninjaing. I'll hail at you in a sec then clumsy

I'm nojkoor1584#1461
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Just got off work, I'll be home in 40, and I'll be in as soon as I have the PTR downloaded. ^^
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Clumsy »

PokerFace and I are awaiting your arrival.

In the meantime, we've tested a few things with Orisa. Pretty much everything makes sense. Fortify can only be stopped by things that don't interact with Orisa directly, like Mei's Ice wall. Ice wall can pick you up while fortified. Orb of Discord still stays on. Genji can still dash through. Earthshatter does nothing. Activation is instant, so if you're fast enough, you can block the earthshatter with it. Also, Rein's charge into a fortified Orisa knocks down and stuns Rein, and he takes his own Pin damage, 175 damage, which is fairly huge. Fortify halves the amount of damage you take. The ultimate damage boost has 200 health, and the duration is fairly short, like 6-8 seconds or so. It shows a tether to all of those affected. I think it would mostly be better off ignored unless a DPS was close to it, like Pharah or Soldier. Orisa has great range on all abilities, no damage falloff, decent accuracy. Rein shield takes forever to eat through though, about 170 bullets from her (out of 200 in her gun).
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:25 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Home, and downloading right now.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I really need to reinstall Teamviewer or some other remote desktop service so i can start crap like this while I'm at work again. Forgot to set up those utilities when I got my new computer. :(
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by Clumsy »

I know the feeling. We sent you friend requests, just hit us up when you get in.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:48 pm

Post by PokerFace »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1KCuknks2M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFkSCDPLkZQ
More info on fortify. Clumsy and I tested abilities though we did not test a lot of ults. And we couldn't test anything that involved 3 people. But I found some videos where other people tested what we could not test or did not test. Also Hack kinda works on fortify and kinda doesn't. See Video. They really need to make Sombra hacking and cloaking consistent. Torb turrets no see her while Symetra ones do. pls bliz

Also there's a weird bunny hop glitch. During Clumsy and I's testing we found that if Orisa fortifies and lucio boops her, the orisa player will feel and see nothing on screen, while the lucio player will see orisa make the smallest hop of all time. Same occurs if you walk over junkrats explosive. Looks like a software bug. Orisa and junkrat see you hop. Entire enemy team likely see your really small hop, though you really go no where so that's why you and your team see nothing. This bunny hop is in the videos

If you fortify you can run through Junkrat's trap without a care. We need to test getting stuck in it and then fortifying. Like can you break out of it if its already got you?

If you start being frozen by Mei and fortify, you will be free. But we didn't test complete frozen and fortify. Can you break out then?

The results I am expecting is trap and freeze will hold since you let them stop you fully before initiating the fortify. But it may be worth testing to see if I am wrong

Ana's grenade will work on a fortified Orisa, so I think Widow's mine will poison you. Though should test that too
Last edited by PokerFace on Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

For a 4 legged tank she has some pretty shit mobility. Think like a heavy weapons guy and you'll be fine

Use shield and fortify while you shoot. They don't need to occur before you start shooting

Use Fortify to meat shield and shield to actually shield. Her shield blocks enemy fire on both sides of it

Her voice feels child like for a young robot. If you kill an enemy Orisa the way Orisa looks and sounds is kinda sad when she dies. Zarya has good banter, she clearly hates Orisa
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:42 am

Post by Accountant »

200 hp is a little underwhelming for a tank frankly, and it means that once fortify is down flankers will feed you into a meat(steel?) grinder
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:25 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 894, Accountant wrote:200 hp is a little underwhelming for a tank frankly, and it means that once fortify is down flankers will feed you into a meat(steel?) grinder
She has 400 HP, 200 in health and 200 in armor.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:27 am

Post by Accountant »

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh that makes a ton more sense
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:21 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 875, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 874, Venmar wrote:Apparently one of the people I work with is one of the best Roadhog players in the world? Everyone at my work seems to play Overwatch...
Hmm? Who is this Roadhog player?

Also, 5-0 in placements, then when a couple members of our six had to go, made the mistake of merging with another group of 3, and immediate 0-2. :(
His battletag is "Goingfishing", apparently his highest rank was 47th best roadhog in the world at some point.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

Hey what does everyone main? I'm thinking it may be good to have a game night and knowing what everyone plays would be good

I prefer tank as I play all of them, but I will also occasionally play Symetra, Zen, lucio, and soldier. Rienhart and Winston are what I do best

Sine Orisa counter Mei and I hate her with a passion I will be working Orisa into my game big time once she is live
Last edited by PokerFace on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

Also I got a custom game idea. Called Dodgeball

Everyone orisa, koth, on (ilios well, Lijiang garden, Nepal Shrine) best 2 of 3

Environmental kills galore

Current characters that I believe do good against Orisa are Zenyatta (Discord to shutdown fortify and get around barrier), Mcree (Flashbang should be fast enough to get her before fortifying), Pharah (Unless Orisa looks up, she might not know when to fortify) Junkrat (Bounce grenades over shields) Sombra (Hack her in fortify)

Return to “The Arcade”