Micro 745: Beyond Death [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:04 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 1194, Papa Zito wrote:You can't condemn Spacey for townreading Chip and then condemn me for scumreading him. Are you insane. Clearly I disagreed with him on a number of points, which is why I went in a completely different direction.
Uhhhhh, none of this is what I'm saying at all and is one of the biggest misreps I've seen? I don't think you pushing Chip is something that makes you mafia at all, I merely don't think ruling out someone for bussing is a good idea and thus aren't trying to read too much into the push. My issue with SS was less so that he town read Chip and more that he did it in a "I have this reasoning that makes sense for Chip being town but doesn't really relate all that well so it's weakened" and then he just continued saying that while having Chip in his town reads.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:04 am

Post by Cabd »

I'm ready. Micc?

One way or another, this ends today.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:05 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 1194, Papa Zito wrote:I don't understand how you think Chip's reaction to my replacing in points to us being partners if you've actually read the game. Scum need mislynch options and when I replaced in I wasn't one of them, nobody was pressuring my slot or really had at all up to that point. I was in 0 danger of being lynched. Chip's reaction to my replacement was to try undermining the townread Space had gained. That's not something you do to a partner who's in a good position.
You're misunderstanding what I'm saying here again. I'm not talking about his reaction towards your vote on him or him voting you or anything like that.

I'm talking about casual interactions that occurred between the two of you earlier in the day phase.

/shrug
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:08 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 1202, Regfan wrote:
In post 1194, Papa Zito wrote:I don't understand how you think Chip's reaction to my replacing in points to us being partners if you've actually read the game. Scum need mislynch options and when I replaced in I wasn't one of them, nobody was pressuring my slot or really had at all up to that point. I was in 0 danger of being lynched. Chip's reaction to my replacement was to try undermining the townread Space had gained. That's not something you do to a partner who's in a good position.
You're misunderstanding what I'm saying here again. I'm not talking about his reaction towards your vote on him or him voting you or anything like that.

I'm talking about casual interactions that occurred between the two of you earlier in the day phase.

/shrug
So am I. I'm literally talking about the time period when I replaced in. Aka earlier in the day phase.

I don't think you're actually reading what I post so I guess there's no point in talking to you. You've really thrown this game Regfan.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:09 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 1194, Papa Zito wrote:1. I'm not in control of this town. I cannot force their votes. Saying I'm "allowing town to just continue mislynching" is putting way too much responsibility on one player and ONCE AGAIN points to how you've completely not read the game in context. The game was on autopilot D2-4 and putting that solely on me is asinine.
2. I have gamesolved and presented the solution to the game in the easiest possible format I could think of twice. Here's what I guess is a revelation to you: Post count/word count are not alignment indicative.
3. I did the VCA. I didn't post it here because you keep calling it busywork and apparently putting effort into the game in a way that isn't Regfan Approved means I'm scum. Now you condemn me for not posting it? Hello?
4. I'm not going to apologize for enjoying a holiday with my family. This game does not take precedence over my personal life. Someday I'll play a game and not have players attempt to make me feel bad for having a life outside of the Internet, but today is not that day.
5. How the fuck am I not thinking about the game when I've gone through the effort to wade through the bullshit and distill it to its core? "You're not playing the way I want you to" does not mean I'm scum ffs.
1. Sure, you're not, that's fine. But I see a lot more from both Micc & Hopkirk in that period re; stating reads/looking at other players etc than yourself.
2/5. The problem for me is that you've not posted much of that 'gamesolve' in the thread, I can't see it, can't follow it, makes it hard to town read. Don't need walls of thoughts or reads, just
some
thoughts or reads shown. Need it to read you, need it to see if I agree with your reads.
3. Uh, you said you'd do VCA as you had plenty of time, I said fine. You didn't post it sure, but you also didn't do anything else in that time in thread?
4. No problem with you having time away from the game, pretty healthy too (Hope you enjoyed your holiday fwiw), I just found your re-entrance underwhelming.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:12 am

Post by Regfan »

I'm referring to things like this, I'm reading it as something that I can see being W/W. If it's not well sorry? But I don't think he interacts with others similarly.
In post 519, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 518, Papa Zito wrote: The Magic Chip Formula.
Do you want to know how I derived it? I looked at the activity table and noticed I'm the most prolific poster. Since from my own pov at keast I'm also townest, i realised that there is a perfect correlation there. Then i extrapolated to everyone else.

So yes, let's chat. We'll both become towner as we go along. And not to be rude or anything, but i feel you kind of owe it to SS to town it up a bit...
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:16 am

Post by Regfan »

Look I don't have a vote here, Cabd and Micc do. If you're town work on convincing them why Hopkirk is mafia rather than you being town. I've got to go now anyway.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:23 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 1201, Cabd wrote:I'm ready. Micc?

One way or another, this ends today.
Yeah, as ready as I'll ever be.

VOTE: Papa Zito
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by Cabd »

Reg?
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by Regfan »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Depends how confident you are?

I've not seen anywhere near enough from PZ to make me want to lynch Hopkirk here over him, his point about Hopkirks trajectory on Chip certainly isn't a great look for Hopkirk but the point alone doesn't override the concerns I've got with PZ's slot and without PZ bringing up more on Hopkirk I don't see my mind changing. The manner Miccs unvote/revoted has sort of worried me in that it's the smooth type of way I think I'd be playing the situation as scum when it's possible to go to another day upon a mslynch. If this is something that's on someone elses mind we can discuss this before a hammers dropped I guess but that said it's far from enough to consider seriously revisiting him and if he's scum he's probably well and truly deserved the win.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1209, Regfan wrote:Chip certainly isn't a great look for Hopkirk but the point alone doesn't override the concerns I've got with PZ's slot and without PZ bringing up more on Hopkirk I don't see my mind changing. The manner Miccs unvote/revoted has sort of worried me in that it's the smooth type of way I think I'd be playing the situation as scum when it's possible to go to another day upon a mslynch.
This is sorta my feeling but otoh; he could have NOT unvoted and I would have hammered earlier so hitoshrug
Show

Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by Regfan »

Yeah, that's fair. I'm just thinking if I'm in his shoes and mafia and think I'm in a good position for today but know that there's a chance (Even if it's a small one) that this goes another day with correct saves, I'm probably unvoting and playing this "Want to make sure" card and then revoting just like he did. I probably also do the same thing as town I guess? So it's not a huge thing?

@Micc - You unvoted saying you wanted to take another look at the game, what'd you actually reread and what pushed you to be confident enough to revote? Got any thoughts on PZ's recent stuff or Hopkirks?
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by Micc »

heh

I read Chip's iso one more time looking at interactions from his point of view. There were things that pushed me in both directions and I felt like they balanced out until the Zito replace in. From there I'm buying the narrative that Chip's transition from town reading Sobolev to eventually scum reading Zito is him going from not wanting to bus to distancing to realizing that Zito wanted to cross bus and playing his part.

I don't feel great about it. Zito's posts since coming back from Thanksgiving all make sense. They're the right things to say to convince me to move and that's why I hesitated. At the end of the day I'm going with the gut feeling that I get when reading day 1. If it's wrong I'm going to feel pretty badly because I've never had opinions as closely in sync with another player as I've had with Zito in this game. Would definitely enjoy playing with him again either way.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:07 pm

Post by Micc »

and you're not lynching me here so stop it with that.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Regfan »

Haha, fair enough. Can't blame me for wanting to just reaffirm that you're not snowing me.

Yeah, I'm fine with a hammer if you're still comfortable with it being PZ.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by Cabd »

VOTE: Zito

Go ahead and claim scum, Micc/Hop?
Show

Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:23 pm

Post by Micc »

still town here.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:23 pm

Post by Regfan »

I haven't actually checked my PM, maybe it's me?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:33 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

VC 5.3 FINALImage
Hide him here.

Nobody can find anything here!

I still can't find it. We have to find it.

No! We're safe now.

Lynch Achieved
Papa Zito (3) - Hopkirk, Micc, Cabd [LYNCH]

Hopkirk (1) - Papa Zito

Not Voting:

With 3 votes, a lynch has been achieved on Papa Zito.

They were.....

Spoiler: Role PM
Welcome to Micro 745: Beyond Death.

Wandering Soul

Be careful that your first steps are not your last.

Full of curiousity of the world around them you walk the living world seeking out new experiences. As a
Wandering Soul
you know nothing of the afterlife or what will come next, and your desire for adventure may lead you down a dangerous path. As a soul you are not alone. Will you seek refuge in harmony, lament upon unfinished business, or break through and see the world that leads Beyond Death? Choose your path.

Abilities:
  • * Lingering Spirit: If you are lynched you will retain your ability to speak in the game thread, but you will lose your vote and will no longer count towards the votes required for a lynch. Dying by any other means will override this ability, and you will pass Beyond Death.
Win Condition:
  • * You win when only
    Town
    players are left alive.
Game Link: viewtopic.php?f=83&t=73585

To confirm, please reply confirming your role name.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:37 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Night 5
It is now Night 5.

End of Night 5 in (expired on 2017-12-01 20:37:00).

Night will be accelerated if everyone private messages me to accelerate.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:55 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Endless DawnImage
It was my fault. I deserved this.

Micc
has passed
Beyond Death
over the night.

Wandering Soul

Be careful that your first steps are not your last.

Full of curiousity of the world around them you walk the living world seeking out new experiences. As a
Wandering Soul
you know nothing of the afterlife or what will come next, and your desire for adventure may lead you down a dangerous path. As a soul you are not alone. Will you seek refuge in harmony, lament upon unfinished business, or break through and see the world that leads Beyond Death? Choose your path.

Abilities:
  • * Lingering Spirit: If you are lynched you will retain your ability to speak in the game thread, but you will lose your vote and will no longer count towards the votes required for a lynch. Dying by any other means will override this ability, and you will pass Beyond Death.
Win Condition:
  • * You win when only
    Town
    players are left alive.

To confirm, please reply confirming your role name.

The haze overtook them. When it lifted, Papa Zito could no longer be heard.

Papa Zito
's spirit has been silenced and has passed
Beyond Death
over the night.

Cabd
will struggle, but will ultimately walk the earth a tortured soul.

They were...

Intervener

Save those that wish to be saved.

You are a natural force of the world that seeks to protect the world of the living from the influence of the afterlife. As an
Intervener
you understand that two
Misleaders
have appeared to sway Wandering Souls with whispers of doom. As an
Intervener
you may visit a Soul each night and protect them from being spoken to. However, you are vulnerable to the same influence regular Souls are, and should you choose not to protect yourself, you may end up led astray in the end.

When the
Misleaders
call for their followers, there is nothing that can be done to save their victims.

Abilities:
  • * Intervene: Each night phase you may protect one player from listening to a
    Misleader
    for that night. You may self protect.
Win Condition:
  • * You win when only
    Town
    players are left alive.

To confirm, please reply with the analogue for Trees for this game.

The
Mafia
of
Chip Butty
and
Hopkirk
have achieved their win condition.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:55 am

Post by Lycanfire »

And that is the game.

Dead Thread
Mod PT
Mafia thread

Thoughts

Sorry to everyone that thought this game was poorly run. An outside event influenced the game and the integrity of the game was close to being compromised. I was debating abandonment the evening three people replaced out, and had been distant from the game ever since. If you think I was too slow, communicated poorly or resolved matters poorly it's all a direct continuation of how little enjoyment I was getting out of modding the game.

I would like to thank everyone that replaced in and everyone that stuck on until the end. You're all proof that I made the right decision. What caused Cheekyteeky to leave still puzzles me. I do hope they siteflaked, but if they left they left for a good reason.

It would be nice to hear from Micc and Cabd in particular about the self-protecting doc, which I believe Micc said was absent from his original set-up.

The flavor of the game was related to the wandering souls, how they were living their lives, and going on adventures, all while being aware that not everything was quite right. Lynch flips were all in the "return to the scene of the crime" spirit type of story: it was at those times I would reveal all the players were journeying together all along, paranoid of one another, while being aware that they were being followed by something else. What that 'something else' is was nothing I had defined- it was probably some kind of mental illness, delusion or manifestation of the Misleaders, or maybe the Misleaders were the delusion after all. The person looking for something was likely the Intervener. There was no real plot beyond "souls want to be happy and live, Misleaders want to drag everyone to hell." I was more concerned with building the atmosphere of the game and I hope I succeeded in that.

If I mod another game I hope I do a better job.
Last edited by Lycanfire on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:52 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Lycan, you did a good job and I'm sorry to hear it was a rough game for you! I do hope to see you modding in the future!

I also would like to sincerely apologize once more for overreaching in my role this game. It was a first experience for me, but that is no excuse.

I am making a public policy on it to prevent this in the future, so expect that in my Queue later today.

Thanks again for modding and to all players who joined at any point in this game! :)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:26 am

Post by Micc »

Awe man we fucked this one up. Sorry to Zito. Sorry to the other townies. Congrats to Hopkirk and Chip.

Lycanfire, I did feel fustrated at times because it felt like communication was coming slowly or not at all. Some of that was possibly time zone related, and I certainly understand how needing to deal with outside events can take the joy out of modding a game. Knowing none of the details behind what happened, I will say that the integrity of the game didn’t feel ruined to me and that I’m glad we continued playing.

I do think you should reconsider your handling of empty slots over night phases. Having every slot full is the best way to avoid giving away night action information as a moderator, even if it comes at the expense of a longer night phase.

I did not allow self protection in the original setup. As a general philosophy I think self protection should only be used in Mafia if there’s a specific reason for it. With self protection it’s easy to create a situation like this one where a player is confirmed Town and can’t be nightkilled. That’s generally unfair to the scum team and doesn’t really create a fun game state for anyone else - see that a lot of experienced players are advocating against the early BP claim in Matrix6 at this point.

This game helped reinforce my opinion that the setup favors Town despite its 1-2 record in games that I know about. I’m welcome to hearing opinions on that.

I did enjoy the rebranding Lycanfire did with the flavor and thought it fit really well with the setup.

Ari, I think a public policy will be helpful. As a player I have a hard time knowing at what point it’s appropriate to take my qualms to a list mod instead of it just being me having unreasonably high expectations.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:30 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 1223, Micc wrote:Awe man we fucked this one up. Sorry to Zito. Sorry to the other townies. Congrats to Hopkirk and Chip.
We did fuck this one up. No need to apologize, you were by far the best player on our team.

Congrats to Hopkirk and Chip indeed.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”