Micro 778: Be Yourself Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by northsidegal »

my role is pretty fitting, i think.

VOTE: cheeky
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by northsidegal »

paranoid theory – postie/rc scumteam and that entire interaction was all theater.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i'm pretty sure mathdino prefers town to scum – perhaps the instant regret comes from unexpectedly rolling scum?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:52 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 44, Supreme Caregiver wrote:
In post 36, northsidegal wrote:i'm pretty sure mathdino prefers town to scum – perhaps the instant regret comes from unexpectedly rolling scum?
This read seems a bit short sided. I doubt he would post anything based on that.

~Koki
probably not intentionally, of course, but if that's the way that he's feeling then i'd think it'd be certain to be visible in his posts. it wasn't even meant to be a read – just a thought.
In post 46, RadiantTroubadour wrote:Also northsidegal is there a reason you're being such a shitty friend right now?
???

also, rc – from your perspective if you're town, what motivation would scum postie have to heal you? is the potential towncred gained from the heal worth giving up what basically amounts to an extra nightkill?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 54, RadiantTroubadour wrote:If Postie's scum then she probably already knew that we knew about her.
On top of that, well, I don't think that Postie is the type to not heal me as poison doctor in this situation regardless of how it suited her alignment. I think she'd just do it.
you think that postie's role goes like "you're a poison doctor – there is someone out there who's poisoned who knows that you're a poison doctor"?

that seems kind of pointless / unrealistic, honestly.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:56 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i don't want you to quote your role pm but if there's something left to clarify then sure.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:57 pm

Post by northsidegal »

so how much does everyone believe that that townslip is legit?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 63, RadiantTroubadour wrote: Why not? That's how our role went (except it didn't say that the doctor was informed). I'm pretty sure it's a reasonable inference that if Postie is scum that she'd know that we'd be informed about the existence of a poison doctor. It just makes sense from a setup spec perspective

pedit: see rc's got me
i could believe that a theoretical scum postie would be informed that
you're
informed of the
existence
of a poison doctor, but not that you're informed of the
identity
of the poison doctor, which is what it seemd rc was implying.
lol?

thats easily faked and honestly not even a townslip
right, that's what i'm saying – who would actually believe that the two members of a hydra are opposite alignments and that he's also informed about your alt's alignment? (this isn't an alisae game!)

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (isolation #8) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:18 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 86, RadiantTroubadour wrote:cheeky i dont really see what's so special or worth liking about north's comment there, it's a difficult read to take seriously and as a result i think scum are just more likely to make it. like town actually concerned about that would probably prod at it before going "w/w xd"
:roll:

does that seem like a serious post to you? do you think that i'm actually calling the scumteam on page two?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (isolation #9) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:21 pm

Post by northsidegal »

I am playing.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:07 pm

Post by northsidegal »

I sincerely doubt the ability of
anyone
to accurately read me within my first
ten
posts in a game. I'm not creature – yes, I can obvtown as town – the fact that I apparently haven't done so by page 8 is supposed to be a scumclaim? I also get the feeling that people are just equating my post length with my towniness rather than anything i'm actually saying. I can write walls as scum – it doesn't mean anything and i've done it before.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (isolation #11) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:15 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 205, RadiantTroubadour wrote:pedit: nsg, you're still sortable. i scumread a few of your posts so obviously on page 8 I will vote you. if you're town, who are you scumreading? where should we be voting?
not sure yet, but i have a few townreads. unless you/postie really was some insane theater (which i doubt), i'm confident calling her town based on setup and based on her healing you guys. the kokichi hydra also seems pretty town from the question's kokichi's been asking, although i'd want to see more of his interaction with people other than you guys, and the supposedly believing firebringer's claim is really strange.

i don't have any real scumreads as of yet, and i'm fine with that. we still have some people who are yet to post, and i want to hear more from cheeky (on a sorting level and on a personal level :( ).

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (isolation #12) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:22 pm

Post by northsidegal »

math, you're making the same mistake that katy made with regard to my "paranoid theory" comment – assuming that i was making that point as anything more than a simple observation / point of discussion. if i was "jumping on you" for that, i would've moved my vote to you (same with the postie/rt comment). i believed that it was entirely reasonable that you actually were regretting joining for whatever reason unrelated to your alignment, and given that i would have no way of proving what your disappointment was caused by, it would've been an entirely pointless avenue of discussion to persue.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (isolation #13) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:26 pm

Post by northsidegal »

rc, mind going into a bit more depth? because it feels like you're doing the same thing that you did in 753.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (isolation #14) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:29 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 218, RadiantTroubadour wrote:you mean the game where you slipped and I found out who you were and was like oh fuck she's town lol
i meant micro 753, remember? where you were scum and pushed my lynch on meta (and some other ridiculous reason) and everyone just believed you.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (isolation #15) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:01 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 223, Mathdino wrote:No but that's the thing. It was a bad point, and given the pace of the game and the players already willing to go after me, it was fanning a flame that shouldn't have been fanned in the first place.

I would've understood if you, for example, pressure-wagoned me (like Cheeky), or pressure-interrogated me for more info. But you floated an idea out there in an already unstable gamestate that would only add more noise.

Edit: I was literally not the person that claimed NSG should be obvtown by now, and I would never say such a thing.
Case in point about the lolworthiness of this game. Everything's blending together and bad ideas are being misattributed and given undue worth.
I'm not sure what you're scumreading me for here. Are you trying to say that me giving a short observation on a topic that someone else had brought up brings you materially closer to a lynch than choosing to hop on the wagon would? Like, i have no idea what "floating an idea out there in an unstable gamestate that only adds more noise" is actually supposed to mean, nor how it would make me scum.

I can get if you're making the point that "mathdino is disappointed because he's scum" is a weak point – i'd agree with you, in fact. I'm missing where that transitions into a scumread on me.
In post 225, RadiantTroubadour wrote:Like I don't think that the 753 comparison needed as much time to get going if you were town.
If you were town I don't think your reaction is to discredit my ability to read you early, it's to get fucking freaked out and start pushing me as scum.
I think that you're scum and are just now realizing that you're completely fucked and looking for an out, which in this case is trying to push a mislynch on me.

I really fundamentally think that you are lying and that you know that I can read you off of what you have already have, and that town!you would be scumreading me much sooner.
Not making arguments about how I was reading you or saying that I can't read you this early into the game, because how's that the town approach there ever?
You expect me to just instantly scumread you because you're pushing me? When have i
ever
gotten freaked out at someone scumreading me before? Because i don't recall that ever being a reaction that i've had. Scumreading you just because you're scumreading me seems really close to burden of proficiency to me, something i try to avoid doing to people (and something i would espeically avoid doing to you).
In post 230, Mathdino wrote:combined with the fact that NSG has still yet to do anything to sort people directly (which almost ALWAYS exists in her first dozen posts) (also note that her direct sorting =/= asking the crowd for answers to the test)
What do you call my questions to rt in and ? , even. Also, my asking about the kokichi townslip was a rhetorical question, if it wasn't clear.

Math, how confident would you say you are in your read on me as of right now?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (isolation #16) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:40 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i resent being called a lowposter.

and also being voted because people are getting bored.

one second.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (isolation #17) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 347, Mulch wrote:Err. Not passive but always scummy. T hey were my top wolfread that game and flipped town
what game are you referring to? the only game i remember playing with you is 1973 where you had me as town for your pre-dying reads.
In post 352, CheekyTeeky wrote:VOTE: NSG are you scared of me?

Pedit lol
scared of misreading you, honestly – i'm still reeling from newbie 1826.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (isolation #18) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:42 pm

Post by northsidegal »

please unvote before rc hammers me.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (isolation #19) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:42 pm

Post by northsidegal »

please?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (isolation #20) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by northsidegal »

like we literally have someone who
has not posted yet
and the sum total of the case on me is "lol she's not obvtown so i guess she's scum". people think they have such a good impression of my meta that they can instantly read me and it's literally just not true at all. I have
three
real scumgames completed so far, all of which are undoubtably out of date for anyone attempting to use them as the basis for my play this game, not to mention the questionable validity of attempting to extrapolate based on that miniscule of a sample size.

I feel like everyone has just seen me as town so many times that they're starting to get paranoid / hyperaware of how i'm playing, just waiting for the one time when i will roll scum (i say this because i did the same thing to mathdino in the game me and rc hydra'd together with – he did end up being scum, but my paranoia wasn't based on anything).
Mathdino wrote:NSG while i understand the compulsion to respond to all the cases/discussion on you
and feel free to do so if you're more inclined

you're going to be much better off if you (at least eventually) move past it and do what you normally do

ASSUMING YOU'RE TOWN!!!?!!!?! :O :O :O

Edit: it's amusing to me that mathdino not being able to interpret votecounts is actually becoming part of my meta now

VOTE: NSG
L-2
when there are bad cases on me, responding to them
is
what i normally do – i'm not accepting getting lynched today.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (isolation #21) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:49 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i feel like cheeky has been commenting on people moreso than trying to sort them, which goes against what i normally expect her to do – granted, it's been a while since i've really played a full game with cheeky, but i feel like i still have a good idea of her playstyle.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (isolation #22) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:31 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 377, CheekyTeeky wrote:What's your read on Dino?
conflicted – i'm not sure how much he actually believes that the "prefers town" comment makes me scum and i know that he doesn't put a lot of weight into early game reads so it seems kind of strange, but as scum i would've expected him to try to pocket me more by defending me rather than trying to use knowledge of my meta to get a lynch on me.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (isolation #23) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:35 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 381, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 375, northsidegal wrote:i feel like cheeky has been commenting on people moreso than trying to sort them, which goes against what i normally expect her to do – granted, it's been a while since i've really played a full game with cheeky, but i feel like i still have a good idea of her playstyle.
I've been more than clear in my sorting. What do you usually expect me to do?
reaction tests, jumping on things early to see where they lead even if it's not the most meaningful of tells, things like that. reading through i felt like there was a difference that's kind of hard to verbalize. i felt like you were more commenting
on
things than talking
to
people, although rereading your iso perhaps less so than i initially thought.

i think i remember you getting frustrated that that style got you scumread a lot – would you say you still play like that normally or am i out of date here?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (isolation #24) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:41 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 386, CheekyTeeky wrote:I think we've both evolved greatly since your first newbie game. I've played a few games since and I've definitely tried to be friendlier in general because the near-misslynches were getting annoying lol. The reaction tests still happen just on a subtler level now.
i'm not just talking about 1821 – it was a big deal back in open 695 (although you were scum there), and i remember the same point being brought up in 701.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (isolation #25) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:54 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 389, CheekyTeeky wrote:Pedit pedit if you think this isn't my town meta I can't do much. Like I actually don't know what reaction you're trying to get out of me that's AI?
i'm not trying to get a reaction out of you – i'm really just asking you if what i'm saying about your playstyle is correct. like i said, i'm trying to not misread you. even if you're scum i expect it to be the kind of thing that's pointless or risky to lie about.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (isolation #26) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 392, RadiantTroubadour wrote:NSG, can I get a full readslist with why everyone is where you put them?
No – if you'd like thoughts on someone in specifc just ask but i'm not retyping evertyhing that i've already saidt o put it in a list when it's already out there.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (isolation #27) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by northsidegal »

really? i thought i already talked about mulch and the kokichi hydra – maybe just caregivers.

i'm not exactly sure how to read mulch but he feels gut townie. i'd also say that him giving postie an ita is a town move, although if he were scum he would probably still do the same if he thought that postie was unlikely to shoot his buddy. as for firebringer, i'd want to believe that his replace out is more likely to come from town than from scum but i should probably treat it as nai.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (isolation #28) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 400, RadiantTroubadour wrote:Okay, but what's your read on me?
not sure yet. your push on me doesn't seem as egregiously opportunistic as it was in 753 but i still have no idea where you're coming from with the meta read on me.
RadiantTroubadour wrote:(and also could use more input on them caregivers ya)
kokichi has been asking some pretty good questions but it's hard to look past this:
In post 43, Supreme Caregiver wrote:
In post 15, FireHedgehog wrote:I am informed townie
I know that maki Hydra is Town

Also Katy is scum and rc is jester but Giga is Town
So we need to figure that out
Aw, this makes this game less exciting for us.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (isolation #29) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:42 pm

Post by northsidegal »

caregiver, what changed your mathdino read / why unvote completely?
In post 424, Supreme Caregiver wrote:
In post 422, CheekyTeeky wrote:I'm uncomfortable that Kokomaki is quiet after my TR on them.
Yes, because your singular read will effect our gameplay so much that we are scared to post.

UNVOTE:

Busy day for me, guessing the same for Maki. We'll catch up tomorrow sometime.
i think cheeky was more implying that you were coasting after getting townread and it's strange to me that you interpreted it any other way. why would a townread on you from her make you scared to post?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #450 (isolation #30) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:42 pm

Post by northsidegal »

@mod
can you prod uc voyager?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (isolation #31) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:37 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 567, Mulch wrote:and they hate being scum
what does that have to do with anything? are you saying you think not mafia might've chosen the scumteam based on people's preferences there?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (isolation #32) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:42 am

Post by northsidegal »

i'm not disagreeing with you mulch, was just asking for clarification.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (isolation #33) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:03 pm

Post by northsidegal »

if i post before i get the pm does it still count?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #653 (isolation #34) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:45 am

Post by northsidegal »

i'll admit that i'm just having a hard time getting into this game, will reread a bit soon

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #655 (isolation #35) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i don't think it's fair to place the expectation on me that i
have
to do an entire routine every game or people just vote me. i've games before as town that i found hard to get into. it's weak reasoning.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #656 (isolation #36) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i still scumread mathdino for his push on me and the entire weak justification for that. feels like he's trying to use a claimed knowledge of my meta as a tool
against
me moreso than to try to read me, if that makes sense – he's never once really tried to engage with me or to try to figure out
why
i'm not posting so much and if he really knows my meta and he's being genuine then he should know that inactivity doesn't always make me scum.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #658 (isolation #37) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i kind of townread caregivers honestly, i think there's a genuineness in kokichi's posts ( to , – saying that you have no strong reads seems more likely to come from town than from scum) that i didn't see in the one scumgame that i spectated that he was in.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #659 (isolation #38) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by northsidegal »

math, if not that then what are you scumreading me for? are you still honestly harping on the start of the game?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1180 (isolation #39) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by northsidegal »

well, i'm about half of the game behind.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1265 (isolation #40) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:09 am

Post by northsidegal »

i'm town aligned.