mini 1410: mafia in the unknown (game over!)

Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:41 am

Post by Revenus »

And probably throw some scumpoints at norklaz instead.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:00 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 88, Chevre wrote:RestFermata - I cannot say for sure, but I do not think
I would make statements any differently if I were not town.
Also, the question which makes up the next paragraph is what I am trying to grasp; if there are truly any "tells," how accurate are they?

Boshka's explanation of his vote was what I expected, but at least we all now know that there were no real reasons.

This wording is off. Who says if I was not town? You would be scum. Scum. Scum. Scum. Or an SK sense you are referring to the whole "not town"

also, if you quick hammer I insta lynch you the next day. I don't care if you claim cop or vengeful, I lynch you without exception.
after a wank.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:16 am

Post by Revenus »

In post 89, roflcopter wrote:well, i've read. use less words people.

norkalz and restfermata are town

vote: chevre

iaaun is his partner

You want to actually explain yourself?
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:26 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 91, roflcopter wrote:and revenus is chevre's other partner. gg everybody.

probably. I'm really happy with my chevre vote.
In post 94, Revenus wrote:Seeing as how I never roll scum, it's not really in my interests to try to construct my play so I have something to hide behind as scum

Also, Chevre being at l-2 so quickly concerns me and if you're going to try to find scumteams before any scum flip, sorry but that's retarded

Guys, we have a scum claim.

Also, Shepherd Book chainsaw is noted if anyone of the two ever flip scum.
after a wank.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:30 am

Post by Revenus »

yup guys, I'm scum! Everyone wagon me now.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:38 am

Post by Revenus »

Let's see; getting townreads from ego(edo, whatever), shepherd for their calling me out so far and then backing off in a natural manner.

Cool Dog gives me town vibes as well, although I'm not quite sure if it's just him or him+cheery because I keep confusing the two.

Norklaz had a great post, followed by a really strange scummy post, but then again given his overall play so far I'll slide him into the town pile.

Chevre of course is scummy as all and has been playing very unnaturally, but I don't like how fast his wagon has grown...we'll see how he responds to some of the allegations thrown his way.

Rofl needs to explain his reads next time he posts or I'm going to be jumping on that wagon.

If I haven't mentioned you then you need to step it up and be more town.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:59 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 105, Revenus wrote:Let's see; getting townreads from ego(edo, whatever), shepherd for their calling me out so far and then backing off in a natural manner.

Cool Dog gives me town vibes as well, although I'm not quite sure if it's just him or him+cheery because I keep confusing the two.

Norklaz had a great post, followed by a really strange scummy post, but then again given his overall play so far I'll slide him into the town pile.

Chevre of course is scummy as all and has been playing very unnaturally, but I don't like how fast his wagon has grown...we'll see how he responds to some of the allegations thrown his way.

Rofl needs to explain his reads next time he posts or I'm going to be jumping on that wagon.

If I haven't mentioned you then you need to step it up and be more town.

so he is scummy and you unvote him. I don't understand. I would vote you but there isn't a point because I want more from chevre before we break up this wagon.
after a wank.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:04 am

Post by Revenus »

Did you not read the part where I said I didn't want any quickhammers?

L-1, L-2, doesn't matter, it's way too early for that. If he is scum, I have no idea who his scumbuddies are because if a wagon sits at l-1 or l-2 it allows his scumbuddies to bus the shit out of him without us knowing.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:11 am

Post by CooLDoG »

your logic makes no sense. You would have to have some balls to quickhammer. Real fucking balls. If someone quickhammered like that they would die the next day, 100%
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:11 am

Post by CooLDoG »

also, get your ass back on the wagon.
after a wank.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:22 am

Post by Revenus »

Except people are stupid and if they quickhammer, somehow half the time town finds a way not to lynch them for quickhammering because of "wifom" "Why would scum ever quickhammer knowing that they'd get lynched, blah blah blah". People don't have the balls to autolynch people who quickhammer half of the time, and people don't have the balls to PL, so I don't trust town to get it right in this situation.

We have 11 days left; why do you want someone at l-1 or l-2 so quickly? If we get him to l-1 and force a claim here's what's going to happen; everyone is going to scramble off and throw someone else to l-1 and we'll still have 7 days left with our thumbs up our asses. I don't want to hand scum PRs to shoot at ok?

If activity were better, I'd be more ok with a Chevre lynch, but we have people like ROFLcopter running in and going "lol i don't need any reason to post reads vote:chevre"
It's unsettling.
We have way too many people posting way too little.
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:41 am

Post by Zhero »

Sorry, sorry, had a busy weekend.

Norlkaz is quite town. Rofl and Rest give me townvibes as well.

Don't think Chevre's scum, just not really seeing the case.

Revenus gives me scumvibes, but I think it might just be playstyle.

Shepherd Book is scum, though.

VOTE: Shepherd Book
-Zhero
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:19 am

Post by Norlkaz »

In post 98, Cheery Dog wrote:
How did these games progress afterwards with lack of a member of mafia interacting with everybody else?
And since I've never played with you before this, I don't trust your boasting about your gut. (but then I probably still wouldn't trust a boasted about gut even if I had seen in it action)

Town won quickly.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=15776
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=17423
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=17651
This is my first time playing on this account, so I don't expect any credit on the basis of reputation.
The point was more to get across where my thoughts are and alleviate worries about fastlynchbad.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:28 am

Post by Norlkaz »

In post 79, RestFermata wrote:Norlkaz:

My reaction to my mistake seemed scummy? What mistake was that? The html tags mistake?

Also, the scum team call that you made--is this only because of the perceived individual scumminess of those three players, or do you believe there has been scumbuddy-like interaction between them? Even if you're somehow sure that all three are non-townie, do you have any reason to believe that one of them isn't an SK or some other third-party scum role? Would it affect your opinion of the others if we lynched one of your big three and got a town flip?

A: Yes
B: Interaction. I always assume 3 mafia 10 town until proven otherwise. Yes.

@
Boshka
: why did you only mention IAAU getting replaced and not Rofl or Zhero?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:57 am

Post by roflcopter »

In post 92, Edosurist wrote:@rofl: Interesting. Does it have to do with his vote on iaaun that still holds?

that is further supporting evidence but the main factor for me was iaaun's timely vote for the most viable counterwagon just as the chevre wagon began gathering steam
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:22 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 110, Revenus wrote:Except people are stupid and if they quickhammer, somehow half the time town finds a way not to lynch them for quickhammering because of "wifom" "Why would scum ever quickhammer knowing that they'd get lynched, blah blah blah". People don't have the balls to autolynch people who quickhammer half of the time, and people don't have the balls to PL, so I don't trust town to get it right in this situation.

We have 11 days left; why do you want someone at l-1 or l-2 so quickly? If we get him to l-1 and force a claim here's what's going to happen; everyone is going to scramble off and throw someone else to l-1 and we'll still have 7 days left with our thumbs up our asses. I don't want to hand scum PRs to shoot at ok?

If activity were better, I'd be more ok with a Chevre lynch, but we have people like ROFLcopter running in and going "lol i don't need any reason to post reads vote:chevre"
It's unsettling.
We have way too many people posting way too little.

Hay revenus, do you have a gun? Because right now it would be really cool if you could shoot me with it, so I don't have to read your posts.

If chevre flips scum this guy has top be next guys. Scum bus d1 got cold feet when he thought the wagon got somewhere. Classic scum moves.
after a wank.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:49 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 110, Revenus wrote:

Would you rather us not put anyone onto L-1 until 7 hours to deadline?
We don't need to use all the time until the deadline.
VOTE: rev
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Shepherd Book
Shepherd Book
Townie
Shepherd Book
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:14 pm

Post by Shepherd Book »

@ Zhero - ... This trend of people throwing reads and votes around with literally no basis is somewhat troubling. You've essentially given out 4 town reads and 2 scum reads one with a vote on it for no apparent reason. Would you please elaborate.
Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?"
Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."
Newbie 618 - Cop (replaced due to RL issues)
Newbie 1306 - VT Day 2 Town Win
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:19 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

yeah, I'm going to switch my vote.
vote: rev
after a wank.
Shepherd Book
Shepherd Book
Townie
Shepherd Book
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:22 pm

Post by Shepherd Book »

@ CooLDoG - What chainsaw would you be referring to? Did I miss something?
Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?"
Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:48 pm

Post by Revenus »

Hey cool dog can you actually kill yourself? not sure anyone would care though
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:49 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 96, Shepherd Book wrote:@ rofl - the reason we use more words is to prevent issues like the following... What leads you to believe that Norlkaz and Restfermata are town? What are your reasons for voting Chevre? Why do you believe iaaun to be scu as well? TBH those two posts are probably the scummiest posts thus far. In fact...

Unvote
Vote: rofl
after a wank.
Shepherd Book
Shepherd Book
Townie
Shepherd Book
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:00 pm

Post by Shepherd Book »

I had a feeling that's what you were referring to... that's a pretty broad definition of chainsaw you've got there. As he's the second person I've got after for pretty much the exact same thing and I've gone after another since then for yet again posting with little to no reasoning.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:04 pm

Post by Norlkaz »

I have trouble telling the difference between the town and scum versions of avoiding early L-smallnumber.
I think it's one of the many behaviors that depends more on username than alignment.
Revenus does have the highest postcount, which is usually a sign of towniness.

Shepherd, it is common for people to give reads without reasons. Reasons can take a long time to enumerate and are often not worth bothering with when, for example, you have a townread on somebody who is unlikely to be lynched.
Shepherd Book
Shepherd Book
Townie
Shepherd Book
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:25 pm

Post by Shepherd Book »

I see your point on the town reads not a fan of the logic but I do see it. However I vehemently disagree with doing so on scum reads, especially scum reads that you have voted for. How does one defend oneself against a vote with no backing? "I'm sorry you feel that way."? It just seems a dirty underhanded tactic that if allowed to be done could be easily used by scum to force a poor reaction from a town player.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”