Open 490: Donner Party Mafia (Game Over)

Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by Zaicon »

Vote Count 1.4

MeowMix (4)
: Syryana, Superdeclan, unseencamo, havingfitz
Otolia (1)
: MeowMix
havingfitz (1)
: DCLXVI
goodmorning (1)
: Cheery Dog

No Vote (5)
: auspicious, Cygnus, fferyllt, goodmorning, Otolia

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, April 19 at 5:30pm CDT, which is in (expired on 2013-04-19 17:30:00).
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:21 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 77, goodmorning wrote:

In post 75, Cheery Dog wrote:Why do you even need to make a catch up wall on page 3, which consists almost intirely of "interesting", "why?" and "Cringes/vibes", and really doesn't give much out at all.

I want the "interesting"s for future reference, and the rest of it was more fun than just making a readslist.

That's also supposedly a readslist?

That makes it all the better for my vote to be on you.

Can you give an example if where/how you'd use those interestings?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 78, Superdeclan wrote:
In post 75, Cheery Dog wrote:@Declan, did you read 666's post like 3 after that one you quoted?

who's 666?

The reasons were terrible if they're not RVS

In what way?
It's bad he hadn't commented on that post before, but I see no problem with his reasoning for the first serious vote from a player.
Just because some people are being more active in thread doesn't mean you should only focus on them.
(also learn to read roman numerals)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
auspicious
auspicious
Townie
auspicious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:43 pm

Post by auspicious »

In post 85, fferyllt wrote:@auspiciious Why do you say MM will be a tough read later?

Though I'm one to talk at this point, I feel like noobtown is a liability in LYLO/MYLO. Sorry if I didn't phrase that well before.

However, that being said, yeah, I'd much rather lynch scum today.

In post 97, MeowMix wrote:what's interesting about it? I see it as a bit non-committal, but at the same time I'm not exactly easy to read either, so it's a fair reaction to have

I'm more curious about . austriloious, what do you see in fitz's 3 posts that pop out as scummy to you?

*auspicious ;P

The first post is just RVS; even if he is scum, there's nothing there that points to it/points against it there. His vote on you is what worries me most. He jumped on your wagon when it was starting to take off, and didn't give as much... background? I suppose? Like, comments about it. Questions, concerns, etc. about your behavior - he just voted and said you were full of "bs". I'm still not sure on my read on you, but I shouldn't be reading into teams yet anyway; there is a serial killer.

I also hate to admit it in these games as it's no help to anyone and makes me look like a complete fool, but part of my read on havingfitz is actually intuition/gut. :oops:
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:26 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 103, auspicious wrote:
In post 85, fferyllt wrote:@auspiciious Why do you say MM will be a tough read later?

Though I'm one to talk at this point, I feel like noobtown is a liability in LYLO/MYLO. Sorry if I didn't phrase that well before.

In post 97, MeowMix wrote:what's interesting about it? I see it as a bit non-committal, but at the same time I'm not exactly easy to read either, so it's a fair reaction to have

I'm more curious about . austriloious, what do you see in fitz's 3 posts that pop out as scummy to you?

*auspicious ;P

The first post is just RVS; even if he is scum, there's nothing there that points to it/points against it there. His vote on you is what worries me most. He jumped on your wagon when it was starting to take off, and didn't give as much... background? I suppose? Like, comments about it. Questions, concerns, etc. about your behavior - he just voted and said you were full of "bs". I'm still not sure on my read on you, but I shouldn't be reading into teams yet anyway; there is a serial killer.

I also hate to admit it in these games as it's no help to anyone and makes me look like a complete fool, but part of my read on havingfitz is actually intuition/gut. :oops:

This is rather self-deprecating. I skimmed your previous MS game and you looked like a pretty strong player.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:32 pm

Post by MeowMix »

actually I personally like gut reads more than anything else. going with your intuition just seems natural, and I've seen many a time where players like to read between the lines a little too much, but that's just me

would like to hear from the fitz himself at some point as well
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:50 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I have no problem with the gut comment.

Idic
unseencamo
unseencamo
Goon
unseencamo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:49 pm

Post by unseencamo »

It can't be pure gut however. A good mix is nice.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:23 pm

Post by Otolia »

Alright I hoped you had a nice weekend. You experienced first hand what will usually happen to my activity during these times. Nonetheless the game took an interesting turn after I posted. First of all, I wish to remind you that RVS stands for
Random Voting Stage
, keyword is Random here. When Meowmix voted for me because of outside-of-the-game details, we were still in it. However as soon as Syryana picked that up and focused on it, RVS was over. Any random vote passed this turning point is revealing a severe lack of awareness as to what is currently happening.

Spoiler: Syryana's attack on Meowmix
In post 26, Syryana wrote:
In post 24, MeowMix wrote:why's that syr?

Because you've not made a single reference to my RVS joke on you. If you were town, you'd have laughed about it like we did in that newbie game, since half that game was me yelling at you for that joke.

Since you ignored it, that means you don't like the attention, ergo you're scum.

Not that I am against utilizing one's meta to draw conclusion, you actually have to be careful with that. Basing your conclusions on what could be interpreted as a joke is light and usually far-fetched. I was once in the same kind of situation and barely managed to escape Day 1 lynch before I went on winning the game in LyLo. This statement is just an example of what can happen, not what will. So far, you case on Meowmix is very light, hair-pulled and not backed by actual scumhunting. I'd like to see you pressure the former on a different subject.

Spoiler: Meowmix's defense
In post 30, MeowMix wrote:actually I was trying to not attract attention to it deliberately to see how other people were gonna react to it

I had a good chuckle IRL if that means anything to you :D

I consider your point moot. In an attempt to deflect the flak you received, you state that you were trying not to attract attention. This part is good, any townie has no reason to attract attention, he doesn't fear it like a scum but he doesn't want it either because focusing on him is a waste of time (as he is town). However you add the last part, unsubtly mentioning that you were expecting a reaction. There is no reason for you to do that, especially during RVS and so soon into the first day. Furthermore dismissing the response you had without analyzing anything is contradictory with your previous statement.

Spoiler: havingfitz's vote
In post 51, havingfitz wrote:
In post 30, MeowMix wrote:actually I was trying to not attract attention to it deliberately to see how other people were gonna react to it

I had a good chuckle IRL if that means anything to you :D

You wanted to see the reaction of people to your not trying to attract attention?

I think think that's bs.

VOTE: MeowMix

I got a massive scumvibe from that post. Despite our shared same opinion, I feel your post is way too light and all too convenient. So this is a reminder that I'll question you about that further down the road. Perhaps as soon as we are done with Meowmix.

Spoiler: 666's vote despite the flow of the game
In post 62, DCLXVI wrote:I think we should create a cat voting block. DEATH TO THE DOGS.

In all seriousness, I take back what I said in post 15. I'm not seeing meow as scum for that joke post.

vote:havingfitz
for his terrible vote on fferylt right after I had pulled up fferylt's meta.

In post 64, DCLXVI wrote:Well it was a very scummy RVS vote given the circumstances.

As I said in my introduction, your vote is not pro-town. You are voting someone for voting during RVS. That's not adapted especially since that stage ended before you cast your vote. I'd ask you to remain focus and on point as not to waste the town's energy on unnecessary concern. This point is also valid for
cheerydog
for her vote on goodmorning.

Spoiler: auspicious's read on Meowmix
In post 84, auspicious wrote:
In post 82, unseencamo wrote:Auspicious, what is your read on MM?

In all honesty, I'm not sure. I'd actually be okay with a MM lynch today, as it'll benefit us either way (if he's town, he'll be a tough read later on; if he's scum/SK, great. The only bad outcome is if he's PR). He could easily be noobscum, but I still don't have a concrete read on him.

Another post that I don't like even thought I'm agreeing with the opinion overall (on the noob part, on the fact that Day1 focus are tougher to read further in the game) however I don't see why any townie would agree so easily to lynch someone. As far as I'm concerned, if you want to lynch someone you vote for him or you openly express your intentions. Being clear and limpid to read is paramount to good VT play : going with the flow (agreeing but remaining rather passive) is a good disguise.

I wasn't too much happy about the first bandwagon but after seeing the aforementioned by Meowmix, I consider it's worth a shot. After the next vote-count mine will be on Meowmix.

@Meowmix
: You seem dedicated to be subtle about hinting your pro-town alignment. Why aren't you more direct ? Why are you agreeing with your attackers ?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:55 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 108, Otolia wrote:
As I said in my introduction, your vote is not pro-town. You are voting someone for voting during RVS. That's not adapted especially since that stage ended before you cast your vote. I'd ask you to remain focus and on point as not to waste the town's energy on unnecessary concern. This point is also valid for
cheerydog

Would my vote from the RVS be any better?
The other current conversations going on are about MeowMix's defence and whatnot, which I believe are likely to be coming from a town PoV, but also that his wagon isn't currently scum driven.
I did have issues with goodmornings first post, and believe it came from a likely scum prespective. Stuff said in RVS cannot be completely ignored just because it's not as serious as latter parts of the game.
But anyway, since you seem to have problems with spread out votes early in a game (they can be a problem come near deadline, but we're currently still 12 days away from it should that come down to it)., where would my vote be better placed to help me read 11 other people's alignments over the person I'm the most suspicious of with posting so far?

In post 108, Otolia wrote:After the next vote-count mine will be on Meowmix.

Why are you waiting to do it then?

Quote tags fixed. ~Zaicon
Last edited by Zaicon on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Superdeclan
Superdeclan
Goon
Superdeclan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:04 pm

Post by Superdeclan »

latest count is meow 4 with 7 to lynch. there has been no more votes since then so you're free to vote without hammering. Looking for the tipping point Ot?
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:23 am

Post by Otolia »

Spoiler: Cheery's vote
In post 109, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 108, Otolia wrote:
cheerydog

Would my vote from the RVS be any better?

As I said, as soon as someone reacts upon RVS, that stage is done. You failed to acknowledge the turning point and and thus your vote isn't pro-town especially with the given reasons (Activity)

Spoiler: Cheery Dog's and Superdeclan's concern on my Meowmix vote
In post 109, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 108, Otolia wrote:After the next vote-count mine will be on Meowmix.

Why are you waiting to do it then?

In post 110, Superdeclan wrote:latest count is meow 4 with 7 to lynch. there has been no more votes since then so you're free to vote without hammering. Looking for the tipping point Ot?

I won't bother counting votes and I don't risk fail-hammer on Day1. This should have been self-explanatory. I'm not trying to find any tipping point. My vote
IS
on Meowmix, I just wait until a vote-count to officially cast it. Doubts raised right now are unnecessary and distracting.
Superdeclan
Superdeclan
Goon
Superdeclan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:24 am

Post by Superdeclan »

There's not been any votes since the latest vc so you may as well vote him. Strange
Darkness will fall...
unseencamo
unseencamo
Goon
unseencamo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:45 am

Post by unseencamo »

#108 was great. I'm going to go scope your meta Otolia.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:56 am

Post by havingfitz »

OK...post-weekend catchup. I'll just start from the beginning.

Syryana...I like all the wifom your "My role PM says MeowMix is scum" injected. What do you think of DCL and auspicious' reactions to it?

On that note...while I do still not care for MeowMix's Post 30 and her excuse about waiting for other's reactions...I mixed up her immediate response to Syryana's ~"Now my vote is serious" post when I said she [MM] responded immediately. MM did not respond immediately to Syryana's initial vote.

So UNVOTE: for now. (Still
FOS
on MeowMix though)

@DCL...wtf with your For my RVS on ffery? And after I had already moved on to a real suspect? As for you mini-meta on ffery...I had not read that when I voted her. And my vote was random so I'm not sure it would have mattered anyway. What did you think about USC voting ffery right after me?

@auspicious...what about my vote on MeowMix do you find suspect? And how are you differentiating suspicions or not wrt the USC and Super votes on MeowMix?

Getting a common sense town feel from ffery. Leaning town on Syryana methinks.

I agree with goodmorning that auspicious' post 84 deserved comment. I don't like it. For one...he's OK with a lynch on the person he suspects me for suspecting.

@auspicious...is the part of your scum read on me that isn't gut/intuition solely based on my suspicions/vote on MeowMix?

My initial reaction to Otolia's was bad and I was in the process of a detailed response to it when the more I read it, the more I started to think it wasn't so bad. I would say...why no vote if you have such established views?

So...caught up. Still leery of Meowmix. I'll call him a weak scum read for now. I didn't care for DCL's vote on me but at least he gave a concrete reason (albeit crap) so null-scum on him. Ortolia TBD. Eveyone else is ok for now except auspicious.

So VOTE: auspicious

Hemming and hawing around suspecting me, not willing to commit to a vote (on me or anyone else ftm), and his post 84. His reasons for rationalizing his tacit support to a MM lynch are just one big cop out.

And
mod...what's up with Cygnus? v/LA? prodded? Anything?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:01 am

Post by Syryana »

This Otolia dude is so oily he gleams when the sun hits him just right. Or at all.

Otolia wrote:Not that I am against utilizing one's meta to draw conclusion, you actually have to be careful with that. Basing your conclusions on what could be interpreted as a joke is light and usually far-fetched. I was once in the same kind of situation and barely managed to escape Day 1 lynch before I went on winning the game in LyLo. This statement is just an example of what can happen, not what will. So far, you case on Meowmix is very light, hair-pulled and not backed by actual scumhunting. I'd like to see you pressure the former on a different subject.

Of course it was light at that point. Not responding to a joke is not a scumtell. However, it did prompt my further test of him by pulling out the "ehrmagerd WTF YOU NO TALK TO ME UR SCUM" move in #26. His
response
to 26 is what made me certain he's scum. You seem to be subtly undermining my case against MM by leaving out key aspects.

Otolia wrote:I consider your point moot. In an attempt to deflect the flak you received, you state that you were trying not to attract attention. This part is good, any townie has no reason to attract attention, he doesn't fear it like a scum but he doesn't want it either because focusing on him is a waste of time (as he is town). However you add the last part, unsubtly mentioning that you were expecting a reaction. There is no reason for you to do that, especially during RVS and so soon into the first day. Furthermore dismissing the response you had without analyzing anything is contradictory with your previous statement.

This whole paragraph is fluff. Also, why would MM analyze his own responses?

Otolia wrote:I got a massive scumvibe from that post. Despite our shared same opinion, I feel your post is way too light and all too convenient. So this is a reminder that I'll question you about that further down the road. Perhaps as soon as we are done with Meowmix.

Oh, so now you like the MM case? Totally not the vibe I got from paragraph 1. I haven't decided whether the fitz post makes him scummy. On the one hand, it looks like a convenient bandwagon jump, but on the other it's approximately the same thought I had when I first read MM's "trolling for reactions" response.

Furthermore, Otolia's refusal to vote before a VC is ridiculous. MM is at L-3; there haven't been any votes since the last VC. It's not leading to a quick hammer. I think it's more of a "I'll look more town if I don't bus my buddy immediately and simulate caution in voting."

I am henceforth referring to Otolia as Manfred von Karma.

There is one thing I agree with Mr. von Karma about, though.
auspicious wrote:

*auspicious ;P

This is the most self-deprecating post I've seen in quite some time. This posts boils down to "I'm not sure, I'm not that good, I'm not sure, my reads are purely based on gut." Seems like a pretty easy way to slide by without having to justify your reads. You, sir, now have my attention.

The scumteam is MeowMix and Manfred. Auspicious is the serial killer. Manfred and Auspicious are interchangeable, but I prefer Aus as the SK simply due to his "I'd rather lynch scum today" and pointing out that there is a serial killer in the game.

Pedit: Fitz, I will answer your questions in a future post.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:05 am

Post by Zaicon »

In post 114, havingfitz wrote:
And
Cygnus is due to be prodded in about 7 hours, although you can request an earlier prod as long as it has been at least 48 hours (which it has, in this case).
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:07 am

Post by Syryana »

Requesting a prod on Cygnus.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:08 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 116, Zaicon wrote:
In post 114, havingfitz wrote:
And
Cygnus is due to be prodded in about 7 hours, although you can request an earlier prod as long as it has been at least 48 hours (which it has, in this case).

Naw...it felt like we were past the 72 hour point. Disregard.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:11 am

Post by Zaicon »

In post 117, Syryana wrote:
Requesting a prod on Cygnus.

Cygnus has now been prodded.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:19 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 114, havingfitz wrote:Syryana...I like all the wifom your "My role PM says MeowMix is scum" injected. What do you think of DCL and auspicious' reactions to it?

I think I dealt with Auspicious in my prior post.

666 is a great alternative in the event I'm wrong about Manfred. Here's why:
In post 62, DCLXVI wrote:I think we should create a cat voting block. DEATH TO THE DOGS.

In all seriousness, I take back what I said in post 15. I'm not seeing meow as scum for that joke post.

vote:havingfitz
for his terrible vote on fferylt right after I had pulled up fferylt's meta.

There are two major problems with this post. First and most obvious is his "serious" vote on fitz. A serious vote from an RVS vote? Really? There wasn't anything scummy about fitz's RVS post that I could see. The reasoning 666 used to vote fitz could easily be applied to any person in RVS. No me gusta.

The second problem lies here:
In post 62, DCLXVI wrote:In all seriousness, I take back what I said in post 15. I'm not seeing meow as scum for that joke post.

Let's put his post #15 right next to it:
In post 15, DCLXVI wrote:oh and...

In post 10, Syryana wrote:My role PM says MeowMix is scum.

VOTE: MeowMix

Not liking this either

Um, he doesn't say anything about MeowMix here. He states he doesn't like my post. I don't see anywhere that he actually calls MM scum for my post. I don't see how negating what he believed in #15 in any way changes what he thinks about MeowMix. Either he misrepped himself in #15 and thought Meow was scum from my joke (which is bad) or he forgot what he was actually talking about in #15 and still wanted to say Meow isn't scum (which is also bad).

In short, I think 666 is scummy too.

Pedit:
Many thanks, O mighty mod
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:13 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 115, Syryana wrote:
There is one thing I agree with Mr. von Karma about, though.
auspicious wrote:

*auspicious ;P

This is the most self-deprecating post I've seen in quite some time. This posts boils down to "I'm not sure, I'm not that good, I'm not sure, my reads are purely based on gut." Seems like a pretty easy way to slide by without having to justify your reads. You, sir, now have my attention.

Wait what? You're agreeing with me there.

Idic
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:42 am

Post by Syryana »

Oops. I read the bottom of your post and confused it with Manfred's response.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:50 am

Post by fferyllt »

@Syryani, re thinking auspicious is SK, your reasoning for that is weak, IMO.

So far, I think auspicious's posts are the worst we have in hand, MM is not far behind.

VOTE: auspicious

Idic
Superdeclan
Superdeclan
Goon
Superdeclan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:55 am

Post by Superdeclan »

In post 123, fferyllt wrote:@Syryani, re thinking auspicious is SK, your reasoning for that is weak, IMO.

So far, I think auspicious's posts are the worst we have in hand, MM is not far behind.

VOTE: auspicious

I've not really looked at Auspicious closely, will do so now
Darkness will fall...

Return to “Completed Open Games”