Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:33 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

We have reached the century mark, time for a 4th vote count of doom :twisted:

3 - Atticus (Yosarian2, Primate, Mariyta)
2 - Dodgy (Coron, ChannelDelibird)
1 - ChannelDelibird (Erotomachia)
1 - Mariyta (Atticus)
1 - SpamWise (mikeburnfire)
1 - Primate (Dodgy)
1 - Coron (SpamWise)

Not voting: FierceDeity, Boddah

Also since boddah still have not posted after picking up prod, I will start looking for a replacement
The end justifies the means.
FierceDeity
FierceDeity
Townie
FierceDeity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:10 am

Post by FierceDeity »

FOS:Atticus
He seems to be way too pushy on Mariyta.

Right now, most votes are based on "I have a gut feeling" or "He just seems scummy", I don't think we have a firm enough base on anyone yet. Atticus just seems to be attacking way too much though.
Just because I'm paranoid dosen't mean they're not out to get me.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:03 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Atticus wrote:Mariyta, there it is. And let me tell you again, seeing as this hasn't seemed to breach yours or Yosarian's mind, I did not call you overly defensive!! That was Yosarian, who accused me of saying that, when I did not.
:?:
Atticus wrote: Mikeburnfire, the word is, oviously, that Mariyta's gonna get voted for being so defensive.
Unvote, Vote: Mariyta
It looks to me like one of the reasons you were attacking Mariyta was because she was being "so defensive". So what do you mean, you never called her overly defensive?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:04 am

Post by Mariyta »

My opinion on what I was doing? Like, when I asked why I was seen as scummy? It was simply a request for information on my part to learn more about the game and my playing style.

Anyway, my vote looks pretty good where it is for now.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:11 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Good spot, Yosarian.
unvote, vote: Atticus
#greenshirtthursdays
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:17 am

Post by Atticus »

Well, Mariyta, thank you for finally clearing that up, even though I do not beleive you.

Thank you Yosarian, thank you for saying that, needed someone else to say it.
I never said overly-defensive,
do you guys not read what the heck I said?? Yosarian keeps saying it, I said so defensive. But you guys don't even quote me right!

And thank you, FierceDiety, for giving me a hole to explain myself in.

I am defending, as far as I can see, not attacking. I am pushy on Mariyta because I beleive she's scum, she did not answer until I pushed it in her face and because she's taken everything way too quickly. These have been causing her to slip. Now, I'm sure, that when we lynch Mariyta, if she's not scum, Yosarian is. I don't know why.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:18 am

Post by Atticus »

Oh, forgot this, and when I get my fifth vote, please leave me a chance to role-claim.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:22 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Atticus wrote:Well, Mariyta, thank you for finally clearing that up, even though I do not beleive you.

Thank you Yosarian, thank you for saying that, needed someone else to say it.
I never said overly-defensive,
do you guys not read what the heck I said?? Yosarian keeps saying it, I said so defensive. But you guys don't even quote me right!
Look, you can quibble about semantics if you want to, but you still haven't at all answered my question.

If you would rather say you voted for her partly because she was "so defensive" instead of "over-defensive", then fine, although I don't see the difference. So what was it she said that was so defensive you wanted to vote for her?

Atticus wrote: I am defending, as far as I can see, not attacking. I am pushy on Mariyta because I beleive she's scum, she did not answer until I pushed it in her face and because she's taken everything way too quickly. These have been causing her to slip. Now, I'm sure, that when we lynch Mariyta, if she's not scum, Yosarian is. I don't know why.
And this kind of thing is part of the reason I'm so suspicious of you. You totally misrepresent what people say in order to attack them, you argue about semantics instaed of explaining what it was you meant, and now you're trying to set up a false dillemma.
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:27 pm

Post by Dodgy »

This is all very well and good and maybe Atticus is scum, although if I'm honest, he doesn't give me the scum vibe, just someone that is in a corner but what is happening with the people that arn't posting?
This is the one thing that really pisses me off with Mafia games, SO often, the scum just sit back and don't post and the only people that get picked off are the ones that bother to post.
Stay with the Atticus vote but please people, keep your eyes on the lurkers!
If it scares you, close your eyes, it might just disappear but don't scream, cos no one can hear!
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:33 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Dodgy wrote:This is all very well and good and maybe Atticus is scum, although if I'm honest, he doesn't give me the scum vibe, just someone that is in a corner but what is happening with the people that arn't posting?
This is the one thing that really pisses me off with Mafia games, SO often, the scum just sit back and don't post and the only people that get picked off are the ones that bother to post.
Stay with the Atticus vote but please people, keep your eyes on the lurkers!
Oooo, this plays so well into the racing theme!! They're sitting at the back of the pack, or maybe just the middle, biding their time, waiting to make their move for the lead!!
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:45 pm

Post by Dodgy »

Well either that or they are just bloody lurking!
If it scares you, close your eyes, it might just disappear but don't scream, cos no one can hear!
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:55 pm

Post by Atticus »

Mariyta, that's the kind of stuff I was talking about earlier, popping in with stuff that is active enough to make you not a lurker, but its not something that seems to help at all.

Keep the vote on me? Dodgy, are you saying that I should be killed, even though you just said that you weren't getting a scum vibe?

Umm, okay, Yosarian, here's an answer.
Mariyta wrote: Everyone always says that. What is it about me that looks "scummy"? Is it trying to have fun?
This is what I had originally voted her for.It felt to me that she was trying to pass it off, be kind of funny. As though she's the only one trying to enjoy the game,
and
the only one being accused of scumminess.

Now,
from
that, it has matured, considering yours and Mariyta's attakcs, to a large consideration that one of you is scum.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:02 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Atticus wrote:Mariyta, that's the kind of stuff I was talking about earlier, popping in with stuff that is active enough to make you not a lurker, but its not something that seems to help at all.
And there's something wrong with commenting on something I thought was cool but may not directly effect the game?
-Susan Ertz

Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:39 pm

Post by Atticus »

No, but you doing so, frequently, and not commenting on much that actually
concerns
the game, is wrong. So, its not commenting on unconcerning stuff that's wrong, but using those in place of actually related subjects.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:07 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Atticus wrote: Now,
from
that, it has matured, considering yours and Mariyta's attakcs, to a large consideration that one of you is scum.

You keep saying this. Why?

At this point in the game, without much else to go by, a big part of what I mostly look for is people who attack other people using questionable logic, which is why I voted for you. I really don't have a read on Mariyta's alignment right now at all, and I'll admit that worries be a bit because if she does turn out to be scum people might misinterpret my actions today as defending her.

But why are you so sure that one and only one of us is scum? That dosn't make sense. Why are you so convinced that I'm not just someone looking for scum the best as I can on day 1?

I'm asking because saying "either person X or person Y is scum" without reason is itself a scum tell; scum like to set up situations like that in the hopes that when person X turns out to be a good guy person Y will get lynched, or vice versa. So, do you have a reason?
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:09 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

DrippingGoofball now replaces Boddah, effective immediately, let's give our new fellow street racer a warm welcome
:twisted:
Last edited by Machiavellian-Mafia on Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
The end justifies the means.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:12 am

Post by Mariyta »

Woohoo!!! Have a custom-made set of fuzzy dice, straight from Indonesia!! There's love in every dot!!

Welcome, DG!!
-Susan Ertz

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:19 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Fuzzy dice, wow! All I've got is that pine-scented evergreen cardboard cutout!

I've read the thread, and only a few things jump at me. Nothing vote-worthy, I'll elaborate in my next post.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:46 am

First, looking at numbers rather than post content.

Biggest vote-hoppers:
Primate, 5 votes, and ChannelDelibird, 4 votes. Since one of Primate's votes was for himself, both can be seen as the champions of vote-hopping with 4 hops already.

Possible scum voting each other early in the game when it's safe:
Primate and ChannelDelibird. Given their constant vote-hopping, their likelyhood of reciprocal voting increases, but I don't believe this is necessarily random. At worst they are scum, at best, they can be eliminated as candidates for being Masons.

People that have received the most votes
(I am discounting Primate's self-vote): Primate, Atticus, Mariyta, Spamwise and ChannelDelibird, with 3 votes each.

So, that's for the votes. There aren't enough votes to pick up Masons, and even if I had picked up Masons, I would keep it to myself unless they were in danger. So far, I've elimated 6 players from being either (1) Masons not voting each other or (2) Scum not voting each other. By experience, scum nearly always vote each other early on to "clear themselves," confuse Townies, and disguise their association.

Now on to post content.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:07 am

Here's what stands out, content-wise...

Mariyta eager to bandwagon post 35.

SpamWise votes Mariyta with scant explanations post 50.

Spamwise writes "PS: If Coron turns up scum in this game, I'd like it to be known that I called him out on it in this post" in Post 69. That one really jumped out at me, because he might be trying to make himself a hero if Coron turns up scum, which he would only do if Coron was scum and he knew it, and he would know it only if they were scumbuddies. YET - Spamwise does not voet for Coron. Curious indeed.

Atticus wrote "Mariyta, let me warn you, every game I play, I look scummy. Not that I'm saying it's not a good reason to suspect me. It is a good excuse" which is a convoluted way of making people shy of voting him when he does act scummy, know what I mean?

Then Mariyta also fires off a few posts complaining on being scummy in every game.

Spamwise returns in Post 83, to cast a vote on Coron - maybe it's dawned on him how scummy it was not to vote for Coron earlier on. "Evidence": gut feeling. He is voting Coron for not being scummy. He's not scummy, therefore, he must be scum.

Atticus tries to trip up Mariyta, who has identified herself as an easy target. Atticus may be over-eager scum.

Scummiest of all, looking at content only, not votes, is Spamwise, for a gratuitious vote on Mariyta, and appearing to be "in the know" regarding Coron. Spamwise and Coron might be staging a WIFOM.

Atticus is scummy as well, for his statement to Mariyta that he's always "scummy" then trying to trip her up with aggressive questioning.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:10 am

So for now, my scum candidates are:

Combo #1 Primate/ChannelDelibird/???
Combo #2 Spamwise/Coron/???

The "???" might very well be Atticus, or Mariyta. If you put a gun to my head, I'd say Atticus, but I am really not sure about these two.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:31 am

I just noticed... I missed Primate and Atticus voting each other, as well as Mariyta and Atticus voting each other.

So including this, I would say that Primate/ChannelDelibird/Atticus/Mariyta. I don't think all 3 of you are scum, this being a mini.

Do you have anything to say for yourselves before I decide which one of you most deserves my vote?

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:43 am

Post by Mariyta »

Yes!!!! You have your information wrong!! I whined about being seen as scummy first! Get it straight! :P

As I told Atticus, I wasn't actually whining. It was an honest question, because obviously I'm doing something that makes people think I'm scum in almost every game. I just wanted to know what that was. :) That's what he initially jumped on me for, I think.
-Susan Ertz

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:54 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Welcome to the game DG.

Me and Primate voting for each other was a couple of jokes. The fact that he was the one that put the 'linking' vote on me is noted.

I do feel a bit uncomfortable about you thinking out loud about masons though, DG. There's no reason for us to believe they're even in the game and yet you made a point of bringing it up quite early. A bit fishy but for now I prefer my vote on Atticus.
#greenshirtthursdays
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:21 am

Post by Atticus »

Yes, Mariyta, that was what I initially jumped for, as I stated before.

Hi, DrippingGoofball, I don't think you're scum, but that's probably just because Boddah never posted.

When you say its suspicious of me to say that I always look scummy, I did not mean to make people shy about it. Even if I had, it back-fired. That is just what I try to tell people, when they say I have a huge scum-vibe or that I'm looking really scummy.

So, I do not think you should vote for me. And I must say, I am truly suspicious about Mariyta, and I see little on your other suspects. Those being Primate and ChannelDelibird, they don't seem to be posting much

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”