Open 589: Duck Duck Goose (Game Over: Somebody Won)

Storyteller
Storyteller
Goon
Storyteller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:04 pm

Post by Storyteller »

Vote Count 1.02With 12 alive it's 7 votes to Lynch.

Voting for:

Netherspite (0):
davesaz (1): vettrock
talah (1): ploben
Honey bee (0):
NJAC (0):
dodgy56 (1): oddmusic
vettrock (0):
Kaboose (0):
oddmusic (1): davesaz
ploben (0):
ChriVi (4): Talah, Netherspite, Kaboose, Taly
Taly (3): Honey bee, NJAC, ChriVi

If deadline is reached without any changes to the votes,
ChriVi
would be lynched.

Not voting (1): dodgy56

Deadline is March 22st, 0600 UTC or in (expired on 2015-03-22 06:00:00)
Last edited by Storyteller on Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:08 pm

Post by Kaboose »

Do you mod a lot Storyteller?
Storyteller
Storyteller
Goon
Storyteller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:16 pm

Post by Storyteller »

In post 101, Kaboose wrote:Do you mod a lot Storyteller?

A lot is relative. I've got about a dozen games under my belt, 3 in MS under another name.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:03 pm

Post by vettrock »

In post 87, Netherspite wrote:
@Taly

@davesaz

@vettrock

I'm curious, why are you guys still voteparking on your RVS vote targets?

@Kaboose

Why did you ignore
vettrock
's question? (it didn't have a question mark but in nature it was a question imo)

For the first question I haven't seen a reason to change it yet. Aggressiveness isn't necessarily alignment indicative.
ChriVi
is the only wagon so far. I do think anytime someone says "my meta shows this, so I must be town" It pretty much means you can ignore that part of their meta since their self-awareness makes it easier for them to manipulate it. It doesn't mean they aren't town, it just means that you can't use that to judge if they are town or not.

For the second question to
Kaboose
, my assumption was post was his response to my question.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:48 pm

Post by Netherspite »

In post 103, vettrock wrote:
For the first question I haven't seen a reason to change it yet. Aggressiveness isn't necessarily alignment indicative.
ChriVi
is the only wagon so far. I do think anytime someone says "my meta shows this, so I must be town" It pretty much means you can ignore that part of their meta since their self-awareness makes it easier for them to manipulate it. It doesn't mean they aren't town, it just means that you can't use that to judge if they are town or not.

Exactly this.

@ChriVi

You don't simply say "town-me doing that so I'm town, vote my voters".
In fact, your over-reaction to having a wagon early in the D1 makes me thinking we're caught a scum off-guard.

If you want me to change my opinion you better start contributing and stop being annoying.
Now modding:
Netherspite's SORM Mafia III
(Day 2)
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:52 pm

Post by Netherspite »

@Taly

When I'm reading others' posts I'm looking for the intents behind them. i.e. why would the poster write this exact post in this exact manner?

I can't say what I'm considering towny or scummy, it's a complex thing. It depends on who am I trying to analyze and their playstyle as well as on the whole situation in the game.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:46 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 37, Taly wrote:I'm still currently standing by on my question on whether Kaboose is wanting ploben specifically to be lynched, with that said:

In post 34, NJAC wrote:Who says RVS has ended? Not for me:

Vote: Taly

I concur with what oddmusic said in post #36. It seems like a distraction for the progress of town if we are all on different pages. Needless to say, in the context of OUT OF RVS mode, I've already stated that my RVS against you was irrelevant, since you hadn't have done anything during the timespan.

RVS is meant for people to randomly vote at the beginning of a game to:
Point A) Apply pressure to someone in hopes for them to react in a way that benefits the angle the voter wants to play in.
and/or
Point B) Create a wagon so the town has a healthy start in the game to assess who is possibly scum before an actual lynch. (This goes hand in hand with point A, but is not limited to being just that.)

With this said, I assume you voted me to get specific information, my RVS vote against you was to simply apply point A (and if progressed further as needed, point B) into the game in my play. Ideally and alternatively, RVS voters risk the chance of being voted and getting put into a wagon whether they seem like scum or not because of the reaction of the other person over being voted.

Since what you said is meant in an RVS mode, I will speak to you in the context as if I were still in RVS mode. (Since you replied)

You reacted and voted for me for that you wanted me to react back and vote for you, (and go back on my 'I am out of RVS mode' context) but this is something I did originally in my first post in hopes for you to react and vote back(what you just did, and what I can assume you wanted me to do) to try and progress Point A, to Point B in vote/wagon progression, to help out the townies.

Basically, either context, there's little to no point or case for you to vote against me unless you assumed I was a threat to you, and are now trying to place it back onto me since I went back on my vote to you.

So this leads to a possible conclusion: You would want to lynch me. (I can be off-key in my analysis, but this is what I'm seeing.)

My question to you is, why would you want to lynch me? And if you're still wanting to go on and say "RVS hasn't completely ended for me", then you're only proving the idea that you are gunning for me, or at the very least, testing the waters of not only me, but everyone else who would want to keep this entire topic serious. In which case, is a distraction to towns progress, like what I originally and previously said when I agreed the post above. #36

im liking taly for town at this point
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:48 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 39, NJAC wrote:@Taly: thank you for enligthen me about the purpose of RVS :roll:.

So, your question is... this one:
In post 37, Taly wrote:why would you want to lynch me?

Well, I don't want to lynch you, at least not until I get something from you which I consider scummy from your part (which I haven't yet, btw).

Do you think we all should focus on Kaboose and ploben right now to move the game forward?

making note of this for later. IF NJAC flips scum id say Kaboose vs Ploben is town vs town. Looks like trying to get the town to focus on a specific area.
doesnt mean anything on its own but something im taking note of
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:53 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 52, ChriVi wrote:It's page 3 and you're all whining about RVS related things even though you're claiming it's not RVS..

So I've got no comment.

the point of this fluff is?

if you have time to post, put your time to use properly
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:54 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 59, talah wrote:
In post 57, ChriVi wrote:
Why are you voting me? We're both wanting more meaningful information.. How is me not commenting on RVS worthy of a vote?

Coming in to comment that you have no comment is scales of worse than just not commenting in the first place. It's like posting for the sake of not posting.

I'm talah by the way, nice to meet you. Now you know someone here. How did you arrive at your Kaboose vote?

This^
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:58 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 88, ChriVi wrote:Netherspite is fucking retarded, get out of my game please

talah, don't ask obvious questions you have the answers to. Useless. Use your time scumhunting, not asking me why I made an obvious RVS vote please.

Taly is fucking stupid.

VOTE: Taly
Discuss.

so uh, is this kind of reaction normal for ChriVi? seems over the top.

your vote is bad and you should feel bad
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:59 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 93, ChriVi wrote:Also my wagon is obvious scum wagon, suspicion on my wagon kthx

which votes do you find suspicious and why?
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:00 am

Post by dodgy56 »

may i ask the point of this? or what you hoped to gain?
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:01 am

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 104, Netherspite wrote:
ChriVi

Exactly this.

@ChriVi

In fact, your over-reaction to having a wagon early in the D1 makes me thinking we're caught a scum off-guard.

If you want me to change my opinion you better start contributing and stop being annoying.

im liking nether for town as well at this point.
ChriVi
ChriVi
Goon
ChriVi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:05 am

Post by ChriVi »

In post 108, dodgy56 wrote:
In post 52, ChriVi wrote:It's page 3 and you're all whining about RVS related things even though you're claiming it's not RVS..

So I've got no comment.

the point of this fluff is?

if you have time to post, put your time to use properly

It was a prod dodge. QQ pls
Show
Viomi / Chrimi

Win / Lose / Alive / Dead
Town: 0 / 0 / 0 / 0
Scum: 0 / 0 / 0 / 0
Total: 0 / 0 / 0 / 0
ChriVi
ChriVi
Goon
ChriVi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:07 am

Post by ChriVi »

In post 104, Netherspite wrote:
ChriVi

Exactly this.

@ChriVi

You just agreed with vettrock, who said it isn't alignment indicative... And then you tell me that me over-reacting to a wagon D1 makes me scum caught "off-guard"?

Wtf is off-guard in a game where I can spend ten hours making a carefully plotted post if I wanted to?
Show
Viomi / Chrimi

ChriVi
ChriVi
Goon
ChriVi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:09 am

Post by ChriVi »

In post 99, Taly wrote:
In post 91, ChriVi wrote:
In post 81, Taly wrote:
ChriVi
- I can see why people would want to wagon for her/his(?) vague replies so far. Needless to say, I'm not liking or disliking them. He/she is a possibility for being scum. So far I'll say: Neutral Leaning Scum

I think we will have more insight to ChriVi's reaction to the votes against her/him, and right now, it would be healthy for the town to have at least 1 or 2 people with a few votes for suspection and information gathering.

VOTE: ChriVi

>1 or 2 people with a few votes for suspection and information gathering.

I have more than a 'few votes', go count again dumbass.

Secondly, wtf? "I can see why people would want to wagon for her/his vague replies so far"

Vague replies? I had three posts: An RVS, a "I don't like commenting on RVS", and "Why are you voting me dumbass?"

p-edit @ Kaboose: Meta me, please. I am A+ foot in mouth aggressive town. Scum-me is quieter than town-me.
If you think that's scum worthy, you need to go play a lot more newbie games please.

I think you
completely
misinterpreted what I meant on my last sentence in the full read.

I didn't say how many votes you had, nor did I try to. I only said that it was healthy for the towns progression for 1 or 2 people to have several votes on them at the same time. It gives room for others to see how they react, and how the non-voted react, which gives invaluable insight for the town. Plus, D1 vote counts, especially early like this almost
never
go through.

Not only that, I said '1 or 2' people because I realize that I do have 2 votes onto me as well, and you have 3.

But now that you reacted and voted against me, both of us are at L-4. I'm not saying you're scum completely off of your aggression and entitlement to try and make me react negatively, but your word usage is appalling(not an insult, just expressing concern), whether this is your Meta or not, It'd be appreciated if we can talk this out rather than throwing around insults.

Furthermore, I only said 'vague replies' in pursuit of the current idea that you've made yourself known when others were serious, but haven't made any useful comments. I'm not the only one who has said, and implied what you I already stated in my full read currently, which makes me question if you're coming after me seeing that you are now under more pressure. Which is not a helpful reaction to others in this because you're dismissing some of what they say, all the while enforcing your will onto others to try and make them seem 'worse.'

I know this analysis may entail some assumptions, but this is my view on your response, and what I'm saying in my defense.

^ Can I lynch you now, scum?
Show
Viomi / Chrimi

dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:11 am

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 100, Storyteller wrote:

Voting for:

Netherspite (0):
Honey bee (0):
NJAC (0):
vettrock (0):
Kaboose (0):
ploben (0):

ChriVi
would be lynched.

Having now caught up i like the votes on ChriVi. They come from town motivations imo.

Looking at the votes on Taly

Honeybee's was rvs so hopefully that will move when he responds to the thread. NJAC's idk what to make of. i felt rvs was over before that post. but as he points out different people have different views about that. Then we get to CHriVi's.. man i hate that naked vote... and the follow up response doesnt alleviate my concerns. So we have a bad vote and fluff posting.

ChriVi
ChriVi
Goon
ChriVi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:12 am

Post by ChriVi »

In post 117, dodgy56 wrote:

Voting for:

Netherspite (0):
Honey bee (0):
NJAC (0):
vettrock (0):
Kaboose (0):
ploben (0):

ChriVi
would be lynched.

Having now caught up i like the votes on ChriVi. They come from town motivations imo.

Honeybee's was rvs so hopefully that will move when he responds to the thread. NJAC's idk what to make of. i felt rvs was over before that post. but as he points out different people have different views about that. Then we get to CHriVi's.. man i hate that naked vote... and the follow up response doesnt alleviate my concerns. So we have a bad vote and fluff posting.

Just jump on the scum wagon, newbie

Don't worry your scumbuds will yell at you in your QT tonight for being so obvious and whatnot but that's okay I'm going to make sure Taly dies first <3
Show
Viomi / Chrimi

ChriVi
ChriVi
Goon
ChriVi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:14 am

Post by ChriVi »

Voting for:

Netherspite (0):
Honey bee (0):
NJAC (0):
vettrock (0):
Kaboose (0):
ploben (0):

ChriVi
would be lynched.

Oh, more importantly:

Why is my vote 'bad'? It's better than yours. Mine is actually because I think someone is scummily jumping on a D1 easy-wagon to free-lynch-ville, whereas your vote is "Uh, uh, their vote is bad and um, their response is bad! Yeah! I'm gonna jump on the wagon!"

I
honestly
think this is actually a newbie-fuckup trying to fit in onto the biggest wagon whether than necessarily a scum fuckup :igmeou:
Show
Viomi / Chrimi

Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:41 am

Post by Netherspite »

In post 106, dodgy56 wrote:
im liking taly for town at this point

In post 113, dodgy56 wrote:
im liking nether for town as well at this point.

Mind elaborating on why exactly do you like us for town?

In post 115, ChriVi wrote:
You just agreed with vettrock, who said it isn't alignment indicative... And then you tell me that me over-reacting to a wagon D1 makes me scum caught "off-guard"?

I agree with him that saying "check my meta, this is how I play when town" completely nullifies towniness of the playstyle that was coming from town in your meta.
Don't say you didn't understand that.

In post 116, ChriVi wrote:
^ Can I lynch you now, scum?

But he's town.

In post 118, ChriVi wrote:
Just jump on the scum wagon, newbie

Don't worry your scumbuds will yell at you in your QT tonight for being so obvious and whatnot but that's okay I'm going to make sure Taly dies first <3

I doubt you'll NK
Taly
because we'll lynch you today.

In post 119, ChriVi wrote:
Why is my vote 'bad'? It's better than yours. Mine is actually because I think someone is scummily jumping on a D1 easy-wagon to free-lynch-ville, whereas your vote is "Uh, uh, their vote is bad and um, their response is bad! Yeah! I'm gonna jump on the wagon!"

I
honestly
think this is actually a newbie-fuckup trying to fit in onto the biggest wagon whether than necessarily a scum fuckup :igmeou:

Provide a single reason to consider you being town and people will unvote you.
It's just that simple.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:34 am

Post by Kaboose »

In post 112, dodgy56 wrote:

may i ask the point of this? or what you hoped to gain?

It was late, no one was posting, and I'm enjoying the mod's style so I wanted to know in case I wanted to look for their games in the future of if this was just a one time deal thing. Nothing pertaining to the game.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:42 am

Post by Taly »

In post 105, Netherspite wrote:
@Taly

When I'm reading others' posts I'm looking for the intents behind them. i.e. why would the poster write this exact post in this exact manner?

I can't say what I'm considering towny or scummy, it's a complex thing. It depends on who am I trying to analyze and their playstyle as well as on the whole situation in the game.

If you're asking me why I write the way I do, I'm just showing everyone else what I view in the situation in a concise and calculated way. (Or at least, trying to) The bigger posts are to showcase what all I think about the situation, and peoples reactions(sometimes over-the-top) give me more insight. It's like a less controversial and more progressive way to get your thoughts across, get a definitive idea and case going, with as minimal obstructions as possible.

If you're talking about any emotions you've detected behind this, I guess there have been moments where I've been flustered in justifying or asserting my point.

I'm still trying to figure own all of my own intents, but so far I'm realizing that I write the way I do in this manner because it's easiest for me to give and receive information. I also think being a bit forward with your ideas in these types of games can be useful, it gives others insight on what is happening and keeps the game going.

As for most of my posts being bigger, I'm wondering if I should find a way to make them shorter. I hope this answers your question.

>>>>

I'm not going to ratify ChriVi's reply with a response because all I'm detecting in it is aggression, and nothing to convince the wagon otherwise. Even if you are town who is going along with their meta, Chrivi, I'd suggest you at least give us your reads on about half of us so we can see your overall opinion.

>>>>

And in reading dodgy's posts now, I don't think a pressure vote on him is very necessary. I'm kind of liking what he has to say right now, even if he hasn't given much reason to his ideas, I think his reaction to odd's pressure vote in getting to speak was safe.
ploben
ploben
Mafia Scum
ploben
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:34 am

Post by ploben »

I'll start with taly, which it looks like he's going to make it tough to quote with his wall posts, but that should leave us with a lot of info later in the game as to what his intentions are and we need to go back and look at early posts for comparison. As a new player the analysis of RVS is interesting and my gut says to read taly townie for that. But, once again, he's made it clear he's seen and analyzed "a lot" of mafia so a player that's done that has a pretty good head start on what to do and what not to do as both alignments. Execution is a different story, once you find yourself in the middle of your first game. With that said, it seems like a big mistake to admit your full experience with mafia and then try not to be sincere. I feel you're only setting yourself up to get busted as scum. Town lean on taly for me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
NJAC post sequence is a red flag for me.
- RVS vote outside of RVS
- Deflection to discuss taly as town or not
- "I don't want to lynch [taly], at least not until I get something from you which I consider scummy from your part (which I haven't yet, btw)." OK, then why not take your vote off taly, which you're claiming is RVS but probably isn't, and move along? That statement doesn't sit right with me, almost like you're waiting for taly to slip up and you won't leave until he does. Scum hunting? Maybe. Then the deflection to focus on me and Kaboose in last sentence.
- I'm translating this as to NJAC thinks RVS is not over yet, "some players", yet is treating his vote as RVS.

It sits weird with me and I'm not a big fan of it at the moment.
In post 35, ploben wrote:
In post 26, Kaboose wrote:But now I actually have a problem with ploben as I did 16 posts ago.

Uhhh, alright. The floor is yours. Enlighten us.

Your post reads as a weak excuse for your overreaction to my joke, which there is no confusion you knew it was a joke. You're consistent with your reasoning on RVS and by not giving our interaction anymore time or thought in your posts makes me think you're trying to move the game along to solve it. I do like that.
In post 54, davesaz wrote:Speaking of new vs. experienced, you seem to know the lingo pretty well yourself, for someone with a joindate only a couple weeks ago. Have you played mafia before?

I don't want to get in trouble with referencing games in this site or even dance on the line of that rule (as I accidentally did before) but my experience on MS is limited but I'm getting myself involved. My join date accurately portrays the start of my involvement here. I've also watched about a month of Daily Mafia (live webcam game) and have now participated in 3 games, all last week. I go by the same moniker on DM as I do here so feel free to put a face to the name.
I've become a fan of talah in my short time here on MS. I can't go into details about that due to the reason stated above about discussing other games. But this also makes me weary because it could blind my vision on her and not looking at her more critically than I should. As of now I have no issue with talah and no real read.
UNVOTE: talah
In post 88, ChriVi wrote:Netherspite is fucking retarded, get out of my game please

talah, don't ask obvious questions you have the answers to. Useless. Use your time scumhunting, not asking me why I made an obvious RVS vote please.

Taly is fucking stupid.

VOTE: Taly
Discuss.

I want to start out by saying the name calling is completely uncalled for, but that could be attributed to the maturity of the player (age 17, if that's even accurate). That being said, obvious reaction grinding here. Could be mafia hiding behind the veil of scum hunting, but I doubt that very much. ChriVi has a much different play style then most I've seen and certainty different from me but I don't find that scummy. Leaning town here, but with an unconventional play style.
With Netherspite, I agree with him that the whole meta thing and pointing out your meta is just useless noise in the game. It's a strategy, I guess, but it's more of a distraction. What I don't agree with is his feelings that we "caught scum off-guard" and ChriVi is quick to point this out in a very concise way, making it very clear why this is a bad read from Netherspite. Null read on Neth for me, nothing really jumping out at me yet.
So sorry for the wall here people. Rough day for me yesterday IRL but I didn't want to get too far behind in this game before giving some reads.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:03 am

Post by vettrock »

In post 119, ChriVi wrote:

Voting for:

Netherspite (0):
Honey bee (0):
NJAC (0):
vettrock (0):
Kaboose (0):
ploben (0):

ChriVi
would be lynched.

Oh, more importantly:

I
honestly

I played with dodgy one game before (He was town was killed N1, but he had played mafia before on other sites, I don't think he is really much of a newbie other than being relatively new to this site.

I'm not offended myself, but in the interest of a civil discourse, I'll provide a website for ChriVi:
http://www.r-word.org/

Return to “Completed Open Games”