Mini-Normal 1713: Mystery Mansion Mafia (GAME OVER)

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:15 pm

Post by Accountant »

That was a mistype. It should be "where town claimed town", which means that since scum would know you played in games where town claimed town, they would be incentivized to claim town to seem town themselves.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:33 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 100, Accountant wrote:That was a mistype. It should be "where town claimed town", which means that since scum would know you played in games where town claimed town, they would be incentivized to claim town to seem town themselves.

I'd say this is a
very
weak argument, since SilverWolf didn't say that she believed this to be a Town tell before Slandaar made his comment. It would require scum to both read the games that she mentioned, and also require SilverWolf noticing and mentioning it. If SilverWolf and Slandaar were both scum, I really don't think they'd be this blatant.

Nevertheless, I don't think Town are any more likely to claim Town during RVS / RQS than scum.
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:45 pm

Post by Fraggernaut »

Due for a Prod later today:

-All Alone
-Slandaar
GP:6 Town W/L (2-4) Mafia W/L (0-0)

Currently Playing: NY 194: GnR Mafia
Currently Modding: None
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:12 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 101, Expedience wrote:
In post 100, Accountant wrote:That was a mistype. It should be "where town claimed town", which means that since scum would know you played in games where town claimed town, they would be incentivized to claim town to seem town themselves.

I'd say this is a
very
weak argument, since SilverWolf didn't say that she believed this to be a Town tell before Slandaar made his comment. It would require scum to both read the games that she mentioned, and also require SilverWolf noticing and mentioning it. If SilverWolf and Slandaar were both scum, I really don't think they'd be this blatant.

Nevertheless, I don't think Town are any more likely to claim Town during RVS / RQS than scum.

But the possibility of it happening means that claiming town early is a nulltell. Otherwise you get locked in WIFOM, I think.
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:17 pm

Post by All Alone »

VOTE: Expedience

Expedience doesn't seem interested in analyzing anyone else's alignment. All three of their "serious" posts so far exist only to call something a null-tell:

In post 71, Expedience wrote:
In post 64, absta101 wrote:
@Expedience
In post 46, Expedience wrote:Slandaar is practically confirmed Town, no scum would pull such an obscene gambit.

Why wouldn't he do it as scum?

Wanderer stated that Slandaar plays like this as town so he could just be acting 'consistently'. I don't see the risk/gambit in what he did.

My comment wasn't intended seriously, if that didn't come across properly. I don't think Slandaar's post was alignment indicative at all, and it's hardly an "obscene gambit" in any case.

In post 88, Expedience wrote:
In post 78, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 70, Wanderer-nl wrote:I like where this is going.

Also making a mental note for .

What exactly do you like about it? Especially considering Davsto appeared to be confused with his vote?

Wanderer couldn't have known that Davsto was confused with his vote when he made this comment, for the record.

In post 101, Expedience wrote:

I'd say this is a
very

I doubt a townie would be this interested in null-ifying discussion, so to speak. Town wants to figure out everyone else's alignments. Scum wants to stop town from figuring out everyone else's alignments. Expedience seems more interested in stopping everyone else from analyzing other players than doing any actual analysis.
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:20 pm

Post by Slandaar »

You can either make a post like mine or you can just randomly vote. It is obvious which is more useful; It tends not to work on experienced players because they kind of know people are trying things in RVS so don't react.

It isn't a gambit I obviously don't intend for it to be taken seriously. The point of the post is it acts as both a reaction test and a way to actually move the game from RVS quickly.

Evidently it did the second. The first, well, I have a better idea of people than I did prior to making it, from their response to it, and that is what a reaction test should do.

I have made similar posts numerous times as town and scum (because I do as town) so I wouldn't read much into it, unless you are going to assume I am town, then you can read into it :]

I wasn't going to post again but there you go figured I would make sure my successor understood.

I would lynch wanderer or at least look at her, I don't see how you can read my tone in such a small number of posts, especially when the posts I had made were not my normal tone - this is. (I can't remember the game she refers to it might be worth looking)
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:44 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 34, Akarin wrote:2. Only player to confirm via PM or Private Topic???

This was quite observant.

The mod asked me to confirm in thread but I dislike the confirm posts in the thread. Then there is the fact a huge part of confirmation is letting the mod know you know your role. The only way you can do that is actually telling the mod... your role. Thus you should always confirm by pm as posting /confirm in thread does not actually mean you have read your pm and know your role. (It prevents cheating where scum don't know they are scum as they haven't read their pm)
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:11 pm

Post by Accountant »

I have my own thoughts on All Alone's vote on Expedience, but before I share them(and share them I will) I'm going to wait for Expedience's reaction to it first. Expedience, what are your thoughts on All Alone's vote on you?
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:30 pm

Post by Fraggernaut »

Jake From State Farm has been force replaced from the Mansion due in part to a Invoking of WOTW. I will seek a replacement ASAP. The game will continue as I seek a replacement. Thank you.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:46 pm

Post by Accountant »

Can I ask what WOTW is?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:03 am

Post by Slandaar »

I will just explain it for the mod as I love him :]

Jake and I do not get along. Although it's mostly I don't like Jake not the other way. I told the mod if he isn't replacing Jake he had to replace me but I don't see, why, when I can show I don't want to play with Jake due to toxicity rather than ability or any bad/game-y reason I can't wisdom of the one him. To be honest I am surprised I wasn't the one replaced but it's obviously the right decision considering Jake knows I don't want to play with him so really shouldn't have replaced in to begin with.

The End.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:05 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Just an FYI, I will be busy all day and evening and probably won't get back to this until tomorrow.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:08 am

Post by absta101 »

@Slandaar
In post 105, Slandaar wrote:I would lynch wanderer or at least look at her, I don't see how you can read my tone in such a small number of posts, especially when the posts I had made were not my normal tone
Why aren't you voting Wanderer then?
--

Out of everything i've seen so far, Accountant comes out looking the most scummy. Her vote on Performer is backed with an extremely weak reason and she has only mentioned him once when she was defending him in post .
In post 89, Accountant wrote:I think Akarin's analysis pretty much hit the nail on the head as well.
I don't see why she didn't vote SilverWolf instead considering she said this and she also stated that SW could be buddying (Akarin's analysis consists of her calling SW scum in post ).
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:09 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 54, Wanderer-nl wrote:
I wouldn't call what Slandaar and Accountant are doing 'gambitting' Slandaar's tone matches the one I remember from him in another game where he was town, but it's too soon to make it definite but I'm not scumreading him. I took Accountant's response as jokingly roleplaying, which she herself explained.

Can you do me a favor and link this game?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:13 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 89, Accountant wrote:I don't think that what Slandaar did was alignment indicative at all, and I'm treating it as a null tell on him. I think that SilverWolf's townreading me and Slandaar seems far-fetched, and an experienced player like him should know better. I'm not sure what to think about this, but it's possible buddying.

I think Akarin's analysis pretty much hit the nail on the head as well. I'm currently looking at the votecount and it's three votes for me three for Performer, so I think it makes sense to go ahead and

VOTE: Performer

Performer, if you could justify your vote that would be great.

That's funny because you did vote Slandaar over (apparently) his townclaim. So how did that happen if you didn't think it was alignment indicative?
And Silverwolf never said anything about townreading you and Slandaar, she said you were probably not scum and she had a good enough explanation of thought process of that. I feel like you were looking for a way to get her lynched but then saw you wouldn't and changed to Performer. It's also funny how you ask Performer to justify his vote because 1 he's voting Slandaar and you were there before you voted Performer, and 2 Performer already explained why he voted Slandaar in his

VOTE: Accountant
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:14 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

@Slandaar: This is the game I mean: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61419 And when I said I think your tone is the same, that's because you sounded as matter-of-factly as I remember you in that game.
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:35 am

Post by Fraggernaut »

MarioManiac4 has replaced Jake From State Farm. Welcome to the Mansion!

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:36 am

Post by Accountant »

I voted Performer because I didn't like 36. I didn't vote on 36 earlier because I didn't realize that it was a sneaky attempt at attacking Slandaar for what should be an obvious null tell. However, post 74 brought it to my attention, so I took a look and decided that 36 looks awfully like Performer jumping on an obvious wagon for no reason. He's in the butter zone as well.

jake from state farm brought up the following point, which, while I don't entirely agree with, isn't without merit either:

It's just a way to appear productive but not actually be productive.

As for Akarin's analysis, I agree with the part where she says it's silly to consider Slandaar's claim as anything other than a null tell. I don't agree that SilverWolf should be voted at all, and I actually retracted my accusation of buddying in 95. To me, voting someone for a silly reason is a much worse crime than townreading someone for a silly reason.

That's funny because you did vote Slandaar over (apparently) his townclaim.

Mine was an RVS vote that was clearly a joke - Performer was not. Post 51 isn't an explanation, it's a warning that townreading someone based on an early town claim can end up badly for town, and I don't see how that explains the need to subsequently scumread them.
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:46 am

Post by Fraggernaut »

Vote Count 1.03

Accountant (4) - absta101, Slandaar, Expedience, Wanderer-nl
Performer (4)- SilverWolf, MarioManiac4, Davsto , Accountant
Slandaar (1) - Performer
Expedience (1) - All Alone
MarioManiac4 (1)- Grayfoxx
SilverWolf (1) - Akarin

Not Voting (0) - Woot
With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
Day 1 ends on 09/16/15 at 6:27 AM EST

MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:51 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 17, Accountant wrote:VOTE: All Alone
for naked voting.

If he hadn't done that I would have voted Davsto for first to confirm + sp00ky avatar.

This feels awkward. Accountant is trying to back up her RVS with a 2nd RVS FoS.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:53 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 26, Accountant wrote:
In post 24, Slandaar wrote:I don't feel like voting any of you at the moment, instead, I shall just let you all know that I am town. I obviously wouldn't lie to you good people so this effectively makes me confirmed town! If only every townie was as clever as me and had thought of this great way to confirm themselves the game would be so easy!

VOTE: Slandaar

Trying to scumread an extremely obvious joke.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:54 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 34, Akarin wrote:VOTE: Slandaar
1. OMGUS
2. Only player to confirm via PM
or Private Topic???

3. Tied leading wagons, fight!

No. 2 gives me a sense of trying to work things out. A townread.
Also Slandaar attracting attention with his first posts gives me a townread on him.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:54 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 35, All Alone wrote:
In post 23, Davsto wrote:Ay. I like that pun. UNVOTE: Accountant.

VOTE: absta101 for having numbers in his name, the worst thing. This RVS vote is staying here I think.

piiiiiiiiiing

VOTE: Davsto

What pings?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:55 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 36, Performer wrote:
In post 27, Slandaar wrote:I think you missed the part where I confirmed myself as town using logics.

:?

VOTE: Slandaar

Also trying to hop onto an extremely obvious joke!
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:57 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

@Accountant: You did make it seem like a joke with your but what I don't get is why you didn't unvote when an actual wagon started forming and you realized Slandaar shouldn't be wagoned over this. And you also question Jake's vote on Performer ()so it looks to me like you are trying to change your story.

PEdit: Hi Mario.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”