UK Eastermeet 2016

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:06 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Oh my god, I just learned that Britons drink their beer at room temperature. I might have to rethink this whole trip.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:10 pm

Post by chamber »

Based on memory that's a false stereotype. They still drink it chilled just not ice cold. The ice cold being good at covering for shitty bear.
Taking a break from the site.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:05 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 100, Sudo_Nym wrote:Oh my god, I just learned that Britons drink their beer at room temperature. I might have to rethink this whole trip.

You have been misinformed.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:33 pm

Post by Nexus »

Ale is drunk at room temperature.

First post updated.
Trans rights are human rights.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:25 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Thanks Nexus! We do have the location booked, and it looks like the price will be about £110 per person, for the week.

Sudo - we'd be happy to join you in London beforehand if that's what you'd like to do. Two things to mention though:
a) it'd be worth checking with chamber his preferences, too, since if he's arriving early we'd also like to spend time with him,
b) you'll likely be very tired arriving in London late night/early morning - I think the jetlag is worse in this direction - and so might not have loads of energy for your one day of London. If you have time you could add another day, but if you work a full-time job then I understand your holiday allowance will be limited and this might be the best option.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:04 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I don't mind linking up with Chamber- the more the merrier, right? I don't know how bad the jet lag will be, if I'm honest, since I've never been more than 3 time zones from home, and didn't feel much jet lag, then, but London is also a much longer flight, so who knows. I do have a limited number of holiday days to use, though, and I'm trying to maximize them, so I don't know how much earlier I can get. So I don't know how much time or energy I'll have available, but I'd like to try and make the most of it. Some amount of the planning is going to have to be on the fly, perhaps.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:08 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

I'm not really -in- London, just a short train journey away, and I couldn't host anyone before the trip unless I find a new place to live (which is high on my agenda for the new year) which has enough room (unlikely, given my price range), but I'm 100% up for dropping in on the 24th to do stuff.
#greenshirtthursdays
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:49 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 106, ChannelDelibird wrote:I couldn't host anyone before the trip

Oh yes, this is worth pointing out. We can't host in London either, Sudo. The options are that we pay for accommodation for that one night in London, or we drive (2 hours) that evening to come back to Nottingham.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:51 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Well, plans are not finalized, and I'm not super familiar with English geography, so I'm willing to take advice on that subject. I'm going to have to make way north at some point anyway, if I'm going to make it to this thing.

Which raises another question: how do I get to this thing? Is there a train, or a carpool, or something? I don't necessarily want to drag Fenchurch and CES across the country, as much fun as that might be.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:05 am

Post by Nexus »

Walk.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:25 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Why not? England's a pretty small island, how far apart can things really be?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:57 am

Post by Porochaz »

It's slightly bigger if you include Scotland and Wales :P
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:08 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I assume Cardiff is basically inside London city limits; why else would the BBC keep filming there?
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:35 am

Post by Fenchurch »

We don't mind being dragged Sudo :]

If we're coming to spend time with you in London, which we'd like to do, then it makes sense for us to give you and chamber a lift to the meet as well. I don't think there is another carpool... most people come by train. Possibly Nexus? I'm not sure right now what his holiday dates are and which direction he'll be coming from; awaiting reply in the skype chat.

Getting back for your departing flight is another question... so yes, you probably will need a train for that bit?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:49 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Taking a train isn't a huge deal, but it's something I'm going to have to plan for if it happens. I won't need to be back here until the third, so I've got the 1st/2nd to get back into London for the flight. Inconvenient, but I looked at flying into Manchester and Birmingham, and there's a pretty substantial price bump there, so we'll see, I guess.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:27 am

Post by Nexus »

Officially /out for this.

Hope you all enjoy it though.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:13 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 115, Nexus wrote:Officially /out for this.

Hope you all enjoy it though.

Oh no! Nexus, how come? I know you passed over the thread-keeping duties but I didn't know you might not be coming. What's the reason? Is there anything we can do? At any rate, whatever it is, there will always be space for you if you are able to /in again later.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:39 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

I can't make the full cabin because this years big trip is Helsinki and Tallinn. But I haven't picked exact days yet and I could try to line it up to spend a night in London on the way there or back - it's a very long flight and I wouldn't mind splitting it up if I got to hang out with scummers. (Alternatively, any scummers want me to move my trip to *not* conflict with this and come to Helsinki and Tallinn? ;))
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:45 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Just bought my tickets! Wooooooo!
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:13 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Yay, that's great! What are your flight times and destinations? Can you PM them, or put them in the skype group?
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:52 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

It's less than 2 months away now (and I have to make the final payment more than 1 month out), so I'm sending round a PM asking people to confirm whether they're coming and giving some information about trains. (I hit the limit as to how many people I could send it to, so I left Chamber and Sudo out of the PM since their flights and travel in England is already accounted for.)

Looking forward to it!
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:29 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

For people booking trains, it's also worth noting that check-in time is at 4. Fenchurch and I (and Sudo and chamber) will try to be there promptly at 4 but any one else will have to arrive a bit later if they want a ride from the station.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:10 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Do I need to book in advance, or is this a buy when I get there deal? I don't know how popular trains are in England.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:10 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Also, is Thomas the Tank Engine a viable option, or is he entirely fictional?
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:42 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 122, Sudo_Nym wrote:Do I need to book in advance, or is this a buy when I get there deal? I don't know how popular trains are in England.

Sudo, you're already covered, we're giving you a lift from the airport to the meet. I've also put you in a skype conversation with us about the day in London - you should check in there! :)

Return to “General Discussion”