Open 621 (C9++): The ZAR SHOW S1 Holiday Special - OVER!

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:32 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Acryon, I said that was town points for shadow because I know two things. One, I'm looking for scum. Two, shadow is thinking along the same lines as me. If I put two and two together, there is a good chance shadow is looking for scum which would make her likely town.

Lowell, I disagree with you but I understand what you are trying to say. Basically what roflcopter said, but I needed that answer from you to get there.

Alwaysinnocent wrote: Lol. Yeah, well, you can't do much scumhunting yet in this stage. I have a few town-leans: shaddowz and Lowell, but you can't seriously expect to really be able to hunt scum now. 

I strongly disagree, but time will tell if it's a playstyle difference. For what it's worth, your casual carefree response has me doubting myself already.

Tex, nah my reasons were the same as Shadows.

Yos, I find it interesting that Shadow didn't make your "I like something" list after your explanation for it. Your answer that shadow is null seems to imply you aren't aware that shadow has done a lot, yet people are accusing him of try-hard. I'm curious if I'm misreading you cpmpletely or if there is something causing this.

Anen, just because a tell is old doesn't mean it's outdated. I don't think Yos was being as serious as I was though.

I admit I only skimmed after Anen's post. Will read it fully when I have time. That will be tomorrow.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:48 am

Post by acryon »

In post 90, Kop wrote:I am using information that I have gotten from reading your ISO, and what I gather from this information, you are trying to look actively scum hunting, when most of it is just filled with random votes, and trying to look busy.

And that final comment, that is an obvious statement that anybody can make, it's whether you will actually back this up is another matter. And it's one of those comments that comes across as saying keep me alive, I will show you what I can do.

I'd like to think that too, but is this your first RVS? Did you truly expect everyone to be gung-ho scumhunting from page 3?
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:16 am

Post by Kop »

In post 101, acryon wrote:
In post 90, Kop wrote:I am using information that I have gotten from reading your ISO, and what I gather from this information, you are trying to look actively scum hunting, when most of it is just filled with random votes, and trying to look busy.

And that final comment, that is an obvious statement that anybody can make, it's whether you will actually back this up is another matter. And it's one of those comments that comes across as saying keep me alive, I will show you what I can do.

I'd like to think that too, but is this your first RVS? Did you truly expect everyone to be gung-ho scumhunting from page 3?

This is not my first RVS. I wouldn't class myself as a veteran in mafia games but I have been playing probably over a year and in a lot of games. I've seen scum caught once or twice from random votes and I've seen a few games where we have caught scum on day one.

I am not fully expecting to see people going gung-ho but I'd like to see scum hunting to an extent and using the available time we have to at least draw some sort of connections.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:23 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 102, Kop wrote:
In post 101, acryon wrote:

This is not my first RVS. I wouldn't class myself as a veteran in mafia games but I have been playing probably over a year and in a lot of games. I've seen scum caught once or twice from random votes and I've seen a few games where we have caught scum on day one.
That is rare (genuinely catching scum by a mistake during RVS).

And getting scum lynched is possible, but chance alone states that the probability of guessing correctly is m/(P-1), where m is the number of scum, and P is the number of players. In a balanced game this is typically around ~30%.

I am not fully expecting to see people going gung-ho but I'd like to see scum hunting to an extent and using the available time we have to at least draw some sort of connections.
You will rarely discover connections on early-D1. However, it is possible to discover anti-connections, i.e., interactions suggesting that two players are unlikely to be scum together.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:16 am

Post by Lowell »

fos:
AI
Yos
lucky

AI because I think lurker-hunting and meta-discussing RVS is a safe way out. He comes off worse in the exchange with Kop.
Yos, for similar reasons, because listing all the most active players and giving them "town reads" is a too good way to win friends.
Lucky for being a lurker and not really playing. And yes, I realize the irony in that reasoning, but I get a vibe from him that he's trying to be the casual guy in the corner who drops in every so often to say inoffensive things.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:22 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 104, Lowell wrote:
fos:
AI
Yos
lucky

AI because I think
lurker-hunting
and meta-discussing RVS is a safe way out. He comes off worse in the exchange with Kop.
Yos, for similar reasons, because listing all the most active players and giving them "town reads" is a too good way to win friends.
Lucky for being a
lurker
and not really playing. And yes, I realize the irony in that reasoning, but I get a vibe from him that he's trying to be the casual guy in the corner who drops in every so often to say inoffensive things.
You accuse me of lurker-hunting (as being a bad thing), and then you FoS a lurker yourself... Hmmm. Interesting.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:35 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Also, nothing wrong with applying/discussing theory. It is not a "safe way out" but an addition to my ad hoc play.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:20 am

Post by Aneninen »

K dis time I try to post in the correct thread
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:26 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 88, Kop wrote:VOTE: Texcat
I am here.

Was that RVS?

In post 89, acryon wrote:I like you Anen. Regarding me being a wagon-hopper, I tend to switch up my style based on what the town seems to need, especially D1. Take that with a grain of salt of course.

Ya I believe that you your playstyle every now and then upswitch but still you needn't like me. I could be anyone and this early you can't be sure about anything. Are you just for gaining allies?

Aha, na ja, das ist ein you've got a point, Kop.

In post 91, AlwaysInnocent wrote:t was obvious that I was poking a bit of fun. I am partly doing this to see how other people react. I think I am allowed to do this this early in the game. It is part of the transition from RVS to scumhunting.

It didn't sound as if it a kind of fun was.
Reaction testing, eh? Aloowed, eh? Aren't you a bit too survivalistique? Also, why need you decide when we from RVS to scumhunting turn must?

In post 91, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Who me? We are not allowed to discuss those games yet, since none of them have finished yet. But I will tell you this: I am trying different strategies. It also depends on the context.

But for that depends on the context part, that was something which sounded so off as a hydrastic replica in the circle of all those fairies whom I've been dancing for ages, you know.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:30 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 91, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Hint: townreads =/= scumreads.

Wat?

In post 93, AlwaysInnocent wrote:I wouldn't call it real scumhunting in this stage. Of course you are trying to maximize the probability that you lynch scum, but unless scum seriously screw up, they won't give themselves away so easily so early.

Not a method of scumhunting, I suppose you simply tried to say something without saying anything.

In post 93, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Interesting to see that you enter the game so aggressively.

That as agressive?
Heb je nooit met TSO eg. met?

In post 94, Kop wrote:It wasn't purely an accusation, it was a statement that any information can be used, whether it be a random vote to engaging in questions. It's not a case of waiting till later when his scum hunting may improve as more information comes available. It's an obvious fact that more information will be available later which will obviously help scum hunting, but right now, we are scum hunting regardless of how much information, is available.

Yes, day one, ends up on a town lynch, majority of the time, there is the odd few occasions where we actually lynch scum, I agree, but I'd like to think we're scum hunting.

Yeah, I suppose that must be true but since I'm besoffen and I need to get my glasses repaired I'm simply unable diesen zu lesen, okay? Remind me tomorrow, I mean the realtime not the gametime, thanks
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:32 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Why are you mixing Dutch and English?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:36 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 95, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Talking about scumhunting, Kop. You didn't even seem to be doing anything until I voted for you, calling you to come out and play. It didn't take you long to respond, though. Were you lurking?

Telling that he'd been lurking right after he posted a lot that's simply pigeon poop. Tomorrow you'll get one from me.
By the way, there's a place in Amsterdam called Duifjessteeg, which means "pigeons' road" and it's slimmer dan 2 metres or so. Have you seen dat?

In post 96, shaddowez wrote:ote part of that RVS post...

Shadowez.
Is this a kind of inside joke?[/quote]
Not that I'm aware of.

What do you think of it dan?

In post 100, Kmd4390 wrote:Anen, just because a tell is old doesn't mean it's outdated. I don't think Yos was being as serious as I was though.

So, was dat een grapje, Yos?

In post 102, Kop wrote:This is not my first RVS. I wouldn't class myself as a veteran in mafia games but I have been playing probably over a year and in a lot of games. I've seen scum caught once or twice from random votes and I've seen a few games where we have caught scum on day one.

Dat kan.

In post 103, AlwaysInnocent wrote:That is rare (genuinely catching scum by a mistake during RVS).

No, we shouldn't ignore Day1. Everything happening now will be crucial on later Dayz.

In post 104, Lowell wrote:cky for being a lurker and not really playing. And yes, I realize the irony in that reasoning, but I get a vibe from him that he's trying to be the casual guy in the corner who drops in every so often to say inoffensive things.

Wait-oh aren't there others not sitting to post?

In post 105, AlwaysInnocent wrote:You accuse me of lurker-hunting (as being a bad thing), and then you FoS a lurker yourself... Hmmm. Interesting.

NBecause you're scum
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:39 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Are you using Google Translate or something?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:39 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 110, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Why are you mixing Dutch and English?

At least it's not German again, okay?

And Happy Yule, Everyone!
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:47 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

That as agressive?
Heb je nooit met TSO eg. met?
Nope.

It didn't sound as if it a kind of fun was.
Reaction testing, eh? Aloowed, eh? Aren't you a bit too survivalistique?
I think it's fine.

Also, why need you decide when we from RVS to scumhunting turn must?
I'm not sure what you mean.

But for that depends on the context part, that was something which sounded so off as a hydrastic replica in the circle of all those fairies whom I've been dancing for ages, you know.
"Sounded as." Very subjective. You're probably reading too much into it.

In post 111, Aneninen wrote:By the way, there's a place in Amsterdam called Duifjessteeg, which means "pigeons' road" and it's slimmer dan 2 metres or so. Have you seen dat?
I don't think so. Why should it matter?

No, we shouldn't ignore Day1. Everything happening now will be crucial on later Dayz.
Yes.
Later.

NBecause you're scum
:?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:49 am

Post by Aneninen »

Are you Dutch, ?

Je taal is echt mooi
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:51 am

Post by texcat »

What thread were you posting in?
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:52 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Yes. I am Dutch.

The language is OK. Language is just a tool after all. :)
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:54 am

Post by Aneninen »

Scummies Nomination but someine told me how to delete it so I hope it's not standing there.

But I'm going to sleep

I shouldn't post at all now.

NOt the first case snf I 'm collecting warnings as others those pokemons
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:55 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 111, Aneninen wrote:What do you think of it dan?

It was RVS and insignificant...didn't really pay much attention to it.

In post 103, AlwaysInnocent wrote:You will rarely discover connections on early-D1. However, it is possible to discover anti-connections, i.e., interactions suggesting that two players are unlikely to be scum together.

How do you think you can determine authentic disassociation from distancing?

In post 102, Kop wrote:I am not fully expecting to see people going gung-ho but I'd like to see scum hunting to an extent and using the available time we have to at least draw some sort of connections.

Have you drawn any connections yourself yet?
V/LA on Weekends
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:56 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 104, Lowell wrote:Lucky for being a lurker and not really playing. And yes, I realize the irony in that reasoning, but I get a vibe from him that he's trying to be the casual guy in the corner who drops in every so often to say inoffensive things.

This is fairly accurate. I'm taking a backseat on purpose while the holiday finishes. Sorry, I know that's shitty, but I am following along.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:58 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 86, shaddowez wrote:
In post 79, Yosarian2 wrote:People i don't currently want to lynch becsuse they've done something i like at some point
Lowell
roflcopter
Albert B. Rampage
AlwaysInnocent
kmd4390

List subject to change whenever i feel like it

In post 83, Yosarian2 wrote:In general, at this point in the game, i tend to townread people who are active and doing intresting things. None of those are especally strong reads, but they all look like they're actually scumhunting in their own way.

I can understand how you could see most of that list as doing some sort of scumhunting, but what is it that ABR has done that interests you?

ABR is basically playing in his normal meta. Loud, obnoxious, picking fights. ;) It's basically how I expect town-ABR to act. It's not really an alignment tell, he could do that as either alignment, but I haven't seen any red flags from him yet.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:59 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 98, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 80, Yosarian2 wrote:VOTE: lucky4you

Its a pet peeve when people mess with my name, Yosemite.

Ok.

Meanwhile, you just earned another 10 scum points for posting about how I spelled your name wrong while still not actually interacting with the game at all.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 119, shaddowez wrote:How do you think you can determine authentic disassociation from distancing?
I try to determine it by weighing the estimated effort and the perceived risk-taking (from the perspective of scum if both were scum). For example, if people are joking with each other during RVS, like BBT with Albert B., then I will just see it as a null-tell. However, if a player seriously pushes for the lynch of another player, and this would have taken a huge risk if both were scum, then I am more inclined to believe that they are not scum together, i.e., that at least one of them is innocent.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 104, Lowell wrote:

Actually, I did not list all the most active players, just the ones who did something that looked townish to me. There are active players that weren't on that list.

Return to “Completed Open Games”