Newbie 1673: University of Mafiascum Class 108 - D4- OVER!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:33 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 97, newbieinmafia wrote:
In post 91, N e s s wrote:So, are you scum? Probably, but lynching you isn't going to give us any information as to who the other mafia is. That, or you're just a clueless townie with nothing to do.

Why not? If we look at the interactions again later, we might find something.

@EE - I am pretty sure that we are out of RVS by the time I first posted. I never said anyone's playstyle is wrong though and I am keeping an open mind about things that others may find differently. I only posted what I thought; either I agree or disagree, there is nothing wrong with that.

Maybe, but all Eagle has done is basically call every single person who's gone at him mafia so far. He hasn't done it to me yet though.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:38 pm

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

That's me not admitting I misinterpreted him. That's me saying I worded it in a way that was apparently confusing the first time because everyone was misinterpreting me.

but you're right. If you are on the same page as me as you claim and you read all of that correctly, then you're either stupid or intentionally misrepresenting me. However. Since it is very apparent that you aren't understanding a word I write, I'm going to excuse your ignorance and move on with my life.

PEdit: playstyle talk was at Ness, newbie

@kahlan I push reads my way because that's how I know to push reads.

Pedit 2. My posts are treating you like a complete idiot to mafia because you're completely misinterpreting almost every word I say and then insisting that you understand completely when you say we're on the same page.

And ironic, isn't it, that you get mad at me because you think I talk to you like an idiot, yet you speak to me sarcastically. Yes. I know what pushing is. I have done the most of it since the game started out of any one player. Again the irony strikes, because one reason you are pushing me seems to be because I am pushing my reads.

Pedit 3. So... In other words I've called two out of the four people who have put their vote on me scum, and one person who hasn't? I'm sorry, where's the pattern here? And weren't we just talking about how I was pushing reads and my questions don't lead anywhere? So how am I asking questions if I'm only calling people who vote me scum?
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:43 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 101, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:That's me not admitting I misinterpreted him. That's me saying I worded it in a way that was apparently confusing the first time because everyone was misinterpreting me.

but you're right. If you are on the same page as me as you claim and you read all of that correctly, then you're either stupid or intentionally misrepresenting me. However. Since it is very apparent that you aren't understanding a word I write, I'm going to excuse your ignorance and move on with my life.

PEdit: playstyle talk was at Ness, newbie

@kahlan I push reads my way because that's how I know to push reads.

Pedit 2. My posts are treating you like a complete idiot to mafia because you're completely misinterpreting almost every word I say and then insisting that you understand completely when you say we're on the same page.

And ironic, isn't it, that you get mad at me because you think I talk to you like an idiot, yet you speak to me sarcastically. Yes. I know what pushing is. I have done the most of it since the game started out of any one player. Again the irony strikes, because one reason you are pushing me seems to be because I am pushing my reads.

Pedit 3. So... In other words I've called two out of the four people who have put their vote on me scum, and one person who hasn't? I'm sorry, where's the pattern here? And weren't we just talking about how I was pushing reads and my questions don't lead anywhere? So how am I asking questions if I'm only calling people who vote me scum?

*sighs*

yeah, neither of us are getting anywhere with this constant argueing. I'm just going to put you as FoS.

But, i like these responses. I'm just going to move on from you for now.

VOTE: Unvote
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:44 pm

Post by N e s s »

No further questions, your honor.
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:44 pm

Post by newbieinmafia »

oops sorry, I saw you mention me and read the next sentences as if you talking to me as well.
Re-reading it again, you are right.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:45 pm

You still confuse me. I hope you know that.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 105, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:You still confuse me. I hope you know that.

I'm still suspicious of you, hope you know that c:
Kahlan
Kahlan
Goon
Kahlan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:49 pm

Post by Kahlan »

In post 88, newbieinmafia wrote:
In post 86, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Ok. What do you think of kahlan and that whole interaction?

I find Kahlan null. I find her a bit iffy(?) in the beginning but as I read more, I think she was just trying to get use to how things are around here.
Do you mean the interaction between you and her or her and Drixx?
You and her: I think you are being overzealous. Some of the things you accused her of doing, she never said it and I don't see her implying it. I have posted an example in my first post:
Her and Drixx: they don't seem like a scum team because she probably would have ask her questions in mafia PT.

@newbieinmafia you are right I'm trying still trying to figure things out. I felt almost attacked every time by EE because EE kept over analyzing every single sentence I write. To try and find any and every form of defense lines he could in order to what? To try and make me look like scum? He continuously thinking Im lying because clearly I can't be a newbie in a newbie game. In his tactics of trying to make me look defensive to get others to see his way it just make me suspicious of him. I think he is overanalyzing everything I say. And he clearly want people here to see it his way or no way at all.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:50 pm

In post 106, N e s s wrote:
In post 105, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:You still confuse me. I hope you know that.

I'm still suspicious of you, hope you know that c:

I should hope you were. It would scare me if you were certain anyone was town at this point in the game.
Kahlan
Kahlan
Goon
Kahlan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:52 pm

Post by Kahlan »

With this being my first game I have ever played I didn't realize how crazy things could get in here. I may need to take a step back and Reread everything to get a clearer prospective on who I think might be scum.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:55 pm

Post by N e s s »

EE lets just settle for a truce. All we're doing is making non contributive posts with our exchanges.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:56 pm

Post by N e s s »

But if i had to choose someone whos town, probably Townie. I like her(him?) posts so far.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:57 pm

Post by Usted »

UNVOTE: workdawg
I see no reason to leave my vote there for now. I am not sure about the EE train. I honestly think that EE is likely a very active townie at this point. Excited about the game, excited to find scum, and in the haste has had some poor word choice. Despite all of the pressure on him he has maintained his composure decently well (not perfectly, but who does?).

i have stated it before and I will say again that dominator is being a bit weird. I realize that they are V/LA, but why participate in RVS? It almost feels like they are trying really hard to blend in. SURELY it's against the rules to lie about VLA though.

Drixx seems to be playing a bit strangely this game as well. Encouraging L-1 in a noob game in day 1 seems like an easy way to get a n00b to accihammer. I also don't feel that EE being at L-1 has provided anymore information than him being L-2 (happened on first page iirc). Also I would expect an IC to have a different playstyle, more welcoming perhaps. For example, his first post say vote EE for obvious reasons, (not obvious) and then condemns EE for using acronyms and "Mafia terms"

Still don't have much of a read on ness, newbie, Kahlan, or insert last persons name here (posting via phone so can't easily check) :(
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:57 pm

Post by Usted »

VOTE: drixx

Can't forget this
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:58 pm

Post by Usted »

The person I couldn't think of was thespio? Pretty sure they haven't posted yet so I don't feel bad for forgetting them :P
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:02 pm

Post by N e s s »

Anyway, i'm Ness. I'm a guy, and i want my Avi to be Ness from earthbound but every single google image fails me <3
So this is an RQS (random questions stage) And you don't need to participate in it, but it would be beneficial to the town if you did.

What's your avatar?
What's your time zone?
How often do you expect to post?
Which player in the game do you know best?
Yellow button, green button or red button?

To show you the format you're supposed to answer in, I'll start by answering them myself.

What's your avatar? I want it to be Ness :c
What's your time zone? CST America <3
Which player in the game do you know best? Nobody atm.
How often do you expect to post? Quite a bit, I don't have school till the 4th so yeah.
Yellow button, green button or red button? Red button, I like to blow things up.

and, i repeat, no need to take part in this. But it would help others know what others think.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:04 pm

Post by Usted »

In post 109, Kahlan wrote:With this being my first game I have ever played I didn't realize how crazy things could get in here. I may need to take a step back and Reread everything to get a clearer prospective on who I think might be scum.

I'm no veteran, but in order to scum hunt people question others, they analyze other, they put a microscope on others to see how they react. If they react one way it's scummy, another way it's townie. Everything day1 pretty much comes down to slips, gut feels, and luck. If you feel like you are being attacked don't take it personally. Let it be an opportunity for your towniness to shine (or perhaps to hide your scumness?)

Don't take things personally. (That's easier said than done!). Interrogation is part of the game :)
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:07 pm

Post by Usted »

What's your avatar? " "
What's your time zone? Also Central time in the good ole Merica
How often do you expect to post? Pretty often (I'm a teacher and school starts up on the 4th)
Which player in the game do you know best? Don't know anyone
Yellow button, green button or red button? Color blind , so the one on the left?

And holy crap we have some things in common ness
Kahlan
Kahlan
Goon
Kahlan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:12 pm

Post by Kahlan »

In post 116, Usted wrote:
In post 109, Kahlan wrote:With this being my first game I have ever played I didn't realize how crazy things could get in here. I may need to take a step back and Reread everything to get a clearer prospective on who I think might be scum.

I'm no veteran, but in order to scum hunt people question others, they analyze other, they put a microscope on others to see how they react. If they react one way it's scummy, another way it's townie. Everything day1 pretty much comes down to slips, gut feels, and luck. If you feel like you are being attacked don't take it personally. Let it be an opportunity for your towniness to shine (or perhaps to hide your scumness?)

Don't take things personally. (That's easier said than done!). Interrogation is part of the game :)

Well said. I understand that completely. It is hard not to take things personal when you feel like your being attacked. Thanks for the advice. I'll try and shine bright :D
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:13 pm

In post 113, Usted wrote:VOTE: drixx

Can't forget this

I like this. Let's go back to this.
VOTE: drixx
In post 115, N e s s wrote:Anyway, i'm Ness. I'm a guy, and i want my Avi to be Ness from earthbound but every single google image fails me <3
So this is an RQS (random questions stage) And you don't need to participate in it, but it would be beneficial to the town if you did.

What's your avatar?
What's your time zone?

To show you the format you're supposed to answer in, I'll start by answering them myself.

How often do you expect to post? Quite a bit, I don't have school till the 4th so yeah.
Yellow button, green button or red button? Red button, I like to blow things up.

and, i repeat, no need to take part in this. But it would help others know what others think.

I play in CST 'Murica
I don't know anyone here :/
I post a lot. When I'm on. That can be sporadic. But at least daily. It might die down later when things calm down a bit more.
Red button. I'm aggressive.
Kahlan
Kahlan
Goon
Kahlan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by Kahlan »

What's your avatar? kahlan from legend of the seeker
What's your time zone? MST
How often do you expect to post? As many as I am able.
Which player in the game do you know best? Don't know anymore here
Yellow button, green button or red button? green button. Green is a pretty color.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:30 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 95, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Also scummy = subjective. Different people will see different things as scummy based on previous experiences. Like newbie probably doesn't think it's very scummy to fos someone during rvs. That's scummy to me. It looks like someone is afraid to take a stance on someone and on the other site I played on Wed lynch you fast for that business. Idk. But your going to have to get used to playing with people who think and play different than you, bud. Because it's not acceptable to just go around telling people that their playstyle is wrong.

Pedit: yes. I didn't cherry pick drixx. I responded to just about every one of his posts, barring the one where he talks to kahlan about how to play which was irrelevant to alignment, IMO. How is that cherry picking?

My questions push my reads my way. If you've got a problem with that, replace out or get over it. You can't have a solid flow of questions and thoughts that lead somewhere if you don't have somewhere to start and it's really foolish to just progressively push one person all game long.

You clearly misrepresented me repeatedly. It's objectively the case that you lied. I wanted you run up to L-1 so I could see if my scum read on you was wrong. What I saw was someone come to your rescue and take the pressure off, and start a counter wagon on me for absurd reasons. I'm the IC, which means I'm obligated to answer questions of how to play and theory truthfully, as I understand the issues (some areas of theory are contested and debated quite a lot despite years of discussion). I'm not obligated to play softball with the players in the game. If anything, I feel obligated to play my best game each and every time out to set an example.

Besides your objective lies (which brings up Lynch all Liars), the rescue you got from another player and the counterwagon on me basically confirm for me that you are scum.

I was amused; however, by someone chiding me for being sure of my read, when you yourself called me scum and told me to keep posting so you could fund my scum buddy. You might want to talk to your partner and let them know that consistency is important when you are scum and, by definition, everything you say in the thread is a lie since you already know who the scum are and who the town are. You can't have one of you expressing certainty in reads and then have the other of you chiding your counterwagon for doing the same.

In post 115, N e s s wrote:Anyway, i'm Ness. I'm a guy, and i want my Avi to be Ness from earthbound but every single google image fails me <3

What's your avatar?
What's your time zone?

The game was already out of RVS. Why are you trying to move the game state backwards into RVS?

In post 117, Usted wrote:What's your avatar? " "
What's your time zone? Also Central time in the good ole Merica
How often do you expect to post? Pretty often (I'm a teacher and school starts up on the 4th)
Which player in the game do you know best? Don't know anyone
Yellow button, green button or red button? Color blind , so the one on the left?

And holy crap we have some things in common ness

Same Question to you.

@Workdawg - *wave* ... if scum quickhammer on day one, then they make a 1-for-1 trade which is terrible for them, so it's not a big deal to put someone at L-1 and see if they will post enough to solidify a read. For example ... I was pretty sure EE was scum, but that could have been confirmation bias. I wanted to see how he would respond to specific and intense questioning while he was one vote away from the gallows. I managed to get what I wanted given that there was a super obvious white knighting on him along with a counterwagon push on me. That's pretty solid feedback for me that I am right.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:32 pm

Post by N e s s »

yeah i'm gonna go ahead and do this for now.

VOTE: Drixx
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:42 pm

Quote my lie, please, Drixx, because I iso'd me again and ai still don't see it. Please also quote what it is in the thread that contradicts directly what I said that was a lie. And since lying includes the intent to deceive, and I don't intend to deceive anyone, there is no way I have actually lied. But I'll chalk your post up to an exaggeration of what you believe to be the truth if you can quote where I lied and what it is in the thread that directly contradicts it.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:55 pm

Post by Usted »

This is my first game on this site that isn't a blitz style game. I just figured it was normal for when the thread died down to RQS? If that's not something people usually do then I apologize, but my intent wasn't to backtrack the game.

In hindsight though I can see that that sort of posting can easily distract from what's going on. Perhaps something was said that ness didn't like and wanted to change the subject? I however imagine that it's just a case of misinterpreting RQS? I know I'm not entirely sure what it is.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”